Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo

circ dick soleil posted:

GTA 2 and Brutal Doom are 2 great games I think everyone should experience.

GTA 2 is really odd when you think about it since it's actually set in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swizzbutt

Pro Target posted:

brutal doom is really stupid,it emphasizes the parts of doom that arent cool

thank you, I'm always annoyed when people recommend brutal doom for people who have never played the game.

3D Megadoodoo

Yeah I'd rather play vanilla Doom than any modified version but, then again, I'm pretty much done playing Doom at all for this life-time.

Pro Target

theres some excellent doom wads and engine mods, but brutal doom is not one of them

Swizzbutt

vanilla doom with wasd a modern resolution and mouse turning is ideal

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

a kindly goon gave me the roguelike game dungeonmans yesterday and im having a lot of fun with it. it's made by a goon and on sale this weekend on steam

Swizzbutt

Awesome! posted:

a kindly goon gave me the roguelike game dungeonmans yesterday and im having a lot of fun with it. it's made by a goon and on sale this weekend on steam

is it a full rogue like or a lite one?

Pro Target

its a ';real roguelike' (top down, turn based) with a simplified mechanics (limited stats + skills, tileset)

Swizzbutt

neat, I'll have to check it out

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Double perfecting some idiot who's only getting by because netplay it making it hard to react to their spazzyness is the most satisfying feeling in video games.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

problematic hug

the cipher class in pillars of eternity is very good

Scaly Haylie

good news. steam stopped selling mods because everyone hated it

Scaly Haylie

thinking of saving up for a PS4. what are some good PS4 games outside of the inevitable recommendations of GTA5 and Destiny?

Mapparu

Lizard Wizard posted:

good news. steam stopped selling mods because everyone hated it

lol

Mapparu

Lizard Wizard posted:

thinking of saving up for a PS4. what are some good PS4 games outside of the inevitable recommendations of GTA5 and Destiny?

hey just saying if you dont already have a PS3 try going to japanese store and picking up LSD Dream Emulator. thats one of my favorite games if you ahvent played it already.

Pro Target

Lizard Wizard posted:

bloodborne

landy.
i thought destiny was bad

i am he

landy. posted:

it was

Scaly Haylie

landy. posted:

yeah but it's popular enough that it was gonna come up at some point i figured

Mapparu

kind of want to replay new vegas

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

yeah but it's popular enough that it was gonna come up at some point i figured

this thread is just for discussing dark souls, bloodborne, cities skylines sometimes and STALKER rarely

3D Megadoodoo

Mapparu posted:

kind of want to replay new vegas

I've tried to play as a complete psycho several times so I could see how the game would be for a really evil character but I just can't help my goody-two-shoes nature :(

Mapparu

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've tried to play as a complete psycho several times so I could see how the game would be for a really evil character but I just can't help my goody-two-shoes nature :(

this is very true i always feel bad when im not nice in the game

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

i feel pretty confident that no one here would have told you to play destiny. outside of bloodborne there's not much there yet. infamous is pretty but still infamous. same with killzone. most other stuff is available on pc. im waiting until the holidays to see what gets released and what the bundles are

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
You could git gud and pick up the GOTY 2014 Guilty Gear Xrd

----------------

Scaly Haylie

what about final fantasy type-0 HD

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Helldivers is really fun if you have irl friends

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Lizard Wizard posted:

what about final fantasy type-0 HD

i havent paid much attention to that other than the ff15 demo is good

Scaly Haylie

i kind of want that dragon quest dynasty warriors but who knows if that's any good

Wertjoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

i kind of want that dragon quest dynasty warriors but who knows if that's any good

It's just more dynasty warriors.

Scaly Haylie

Wertjoe posted:

It's just more dynasty warriors.

yeah but what if it's good, like hyrule warriors?

Wertjoe

Hyrule warriors isnt really any different from a normal Dynasty Warriors game though.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

it's probably the best one available though

Wertjoe

That's sad

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

in the sense that a zelda spinoff is the best in the series or you dont think it's very good and if that's the best one the whole thing is sad

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

either way you're wrong btw

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
dynasty warriors is for people too weak to handle hideki kamiya games

----------------

Pro Target

i just think midna should be in more games

Pro Target

shes the best zelda character so its a shame nintendo wont acknowledge that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

i'm in Pripyat surrounded by dogs send help