Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

indoflaven posted:

Saw Joey Diaz live this weekend. We had a great table in front of the bar and he was sitting right behind us watching the first 2 acts making jokes to us. loving awesome experience.

Next to Bill Burr, he's a must see.

Agreed. I've seen Joey twice and had a great time at both.

The new podcast with Ari is worth listening to. It's good to hear about all of the success he's had recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
There's a podcast of Ari's where he spends like 45 minutes to an hour during the intro talking about his early days doing standup, and it's worth listening to. He rereleased it in its own as episode #201, so it's easy to find.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
The Adam Carolla episode is unlistenable, its like Fox news but worse.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

willie_dee posted:

The Adam Carolla episode is unlistenable, its like Fox news but worse.

Yeah I used to listen to loveline so I was stoked to see Adam here, but it was terrible. I kept skipping through 15 minute chunks and they just wouldnt stop talking about how being poor means you are a bad person.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Yeah, well, Carolla has to have an assistant type his e-mails because he can't use a keyboard. :colbert:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Mom Segura is always a must listen.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

Yeah I used to listen to loveline so I was stoked to see Adam here, but it was terrible. I kept skipping through 15 minute chunks and they just wouldnt stop talking about how being poor means you are a bad person.

He truly is awful now.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

toggle posted:

He truly is awful now.

I'm so disappointed. I used to listen to loveline on the radio until he talked some poo poo on hawaiians and they pulled it off the air here on my island. I was bummed because he was so awesome. Not the case anymore apparently.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Adam Carolla is one of those comedians like John Hodgman or Rob Corddry where the less you hear/see from them the funnier they are.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I took Joe's advice and started listening to RadioLab, then I kinda didn't feel like listening to JRE anymore. Then I saw the episode with Trevor Moore and I was like "aw yeah I bet this guy is funny/smart/interesting"....but about 30 min in and Joe won't shut up...barely lets the guy talk. Does it get better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YW045deBY

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Omglosser posted:

I took Joe's advice and started listening to RadioLab, then I kinda didn't feel like listening to JRE anymore. Then I saw the episode with Trevor Moore and I was like "aw yeah I bet this guy is funny/smart/interesting"....but about 30 min in and Joe won't shut up...barely lets the guy talk. Does it get better?

Not really, the episode is pretty dull.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
That could have been a great episode, oh well.

Joey does has his best episode yet this week.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Some of that Bruce Lee talk was pretty great.

Context - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUBwXXbe1I

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 20, 2015

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Omglosser posted:

That guy, or maybe another one of the main Whitest Kids, used to post in GBS and advertised their IFC show here when it got picked up :)

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

The Joey Diaz ep was great, i would love to see a series of Joe and Joey comentating over the top of classic Kung Fu movie fight scenes.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Ghetto Blaster posted:

The Joey Diaz ep was great, i would love to see a series of Joe and Joey comentating over the top of classic Kung Fu movie fight scenes.

If they did a MST3K style version of Kung Fu Movies, Id pay to see that.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

To Battle posted:

If they did a MST3K style version of Kung Fu Movies, Id pay to see that.

I'd pay to see Joey Diaz talk about drat near anything. That guy, I'm not sure there's a more entertaining/interesting human being on the planet. Speaking of which, his podcast with Bret Ernst is great this week. More stories about his past in NY.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Eddie Huang owns and I hope he does more podcasts.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Bill S. Preston Esquire on the podcast to apparently jerk off about bitcoins.

Let's see how it goes.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Pocket Billiards posted:

Let's see how it goes.

Ugh. Greeeeeat, loving bitcoin.

Anyone listen to the Fight Companion? Is it as lovely as the last one was with like 8 dudes talking all over each other all the time?

As far as a recap for those of you who want to know what to skip:

I'm halfway into the Bryan Callen car podcast and it's great. Tony Hinchcliffe was pretty good. Alex Hill MD or whatever his name is was not bad but kinda sparked my pseudoscience bullshit meter. I'm interested to look into it for ADHD treatment though.

Barnett is a must listen for when he shits on John Wayne Parr for 20 minutes for telling a bullshit story on the podcast. Duncan is Duncan, I kind of don't enjoy him anymore and need a break.

Les Stroud is Joe making GBS threads on him for 3 straight hours about his Bigfoot show, and it's not entertaining at all, loving skip it.

I think thats most of the guests he's had on in the past few weeks.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Pocket Billiards posted:

Let's see how it goes.

He was a better guest than I was expecting

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Viper_3000 posted:

Ugh. Greeeeeat, loving bitcoin.

Anyone listen to the Fight Companion? Is it as lovely as the last one was with like 8 dudes talking all over each other all the time?

Only Joe, Eddie and Brendan, the fights only lasted an hour so alot if it after that was just regular podcast.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

He was a better guest than I was expecting

Likewise.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I love Stanhope. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thGlsLeROPU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

This episode was really not as bad as I expected. Worth a listen. It's more about internet communities and anonymity than Bitcoin.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Jim Norton episode is worth a listen, as always. Such a neurotic weirdo.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Ariza posted:

Jim Norton episode is worth a listen, as always. Such a neurotic weirdo.

Joe boring the poo poo out of Jim talking about how good Fatal1ty was at Quake is something else.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Interested to hear your Charles C. Johnston opinions - looking forward to a rare hate listen.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Piquai Souban posted:

Interested to hear your Charles C. Johnston opinions - looking forward to a rare hate listen.

He isn't legit. This episode isn't very legit. Never heard of him before this episode, life before Charles C Johnston was pretty legit.
legit

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
For those of you who don't know who Chuck C Johnson is: he poops on the floor http://gawker.com/which-of-these-disgusting-chuck-johnson-rumors-are-true-1669433099

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Was the whole episode nasally voiced complaints about feminism and ferguson?

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Keg posted:

Was the whole episode nasally voiced complaints about feminism and ferguson?

Yes it was, i was listening at work and kept skipping forward looking for new conversation and it didn't change all the way through. The guy really came across as a rapist sympathiser.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What makes someone a rapist sympathizer? Is that the same as speaking about false rape accusers?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

WHY SEE ESS posted:

For those of you who don't know who Chuck C Johnson is: he poops on the floor http://gawker.com/which-of-these-disgusting-chuck-johnson-rumors-are-true-1669433099

Gawker is so bad. Didn't NYT do a writeup about him that had more substance than "He pooped his pants and smells like poop. All he does is sit in his desk at the back of the class and is stupid and farts in his chair" at one point?

Keg fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 29, 2015

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Seemed a bit insensitive, but not a total villain. His voice didn't bother me, especially compared to the last guy who was on, the life extension guy.

I could see how some people would dislike him lol. Especially you youngsters.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

He isn't legit. This episode isn't very legit. Never heard of him before this episode, life before Charles C Johnston was pretty legit.
legit

I do not want to know more about this person, clicking the link

WHY SEE ESS posted:

was far more than enough. Not that I necessarily believe the article, it's that I really don't care.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

What makes someone a rapist sympathizer? Is that the same as speaking about false rape accusers?

Yes.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

always be closing posted:

Seemed a bit insensitive, but not a total villain. His voice didn't bother me, especially compared to the last guy who was on, the life extension guy.

I could see how some people would dislike him lol. Especially you youngsters.

I mean, he has some lovely opinions but came off fine on the podcast. Unfortunately, Joe didn't really do his research on this dude. For example that voter fraud in Mississippi that he says he exposed is from a paid source, and most of his "reporting" since then has been using his twitter mob to troll the campaign that's having to defend themselves. He's also the rear end in a top hat that published two NYTimes reporters home addresses on twitter after errantly claiming that they had published Darren Wilson's. (They hadn't. It was an old address already published by the Washington Post and two other big papers.)

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Very poo poo week of podcasts. I think I enjoy the fight companions more that anything at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Yeah. Even the Proops podcast was sort of low key.