Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Spermgod posted:

nice subtle burial from dave

"Are you gonna ask me if there's anything new today? "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Oh my god Dave's HHH impression was awesome

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm not sure what thread to post this on but the description for today's Cornettes drive thru mentions Beau James. I'm curious to see what he has to say.

I sent him a question like 50 years ago asking who Beau James is and I guess he finally got around to answering it since the Drive Thrus are taped well in advance. I'll have to listen to it and see what he said.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
He answers it around the 18:30 mark.

Apparently he's a wrestling historian for the Kingsport area.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Oh my god Dave's HHH impression was awesome

"It's not believable " is going to quickly become one of those things said every time they don't do something good.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Now I understand why Dave tweeted "That was believable" during Raw last night.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Austin really really likes the DDT and is reaching JR levels of preaching about the boys not selling it properly.

I don't disagree, but the DDT hasn't been a devastating move for like almost 20 years now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Viper_3000 posted:

Austin really really likes the DDT and is reaching JR levels of preaching about the boys not selling it properly.

I don't disagree, but the DDT hasn't been a devastating move for like almost 20 years now.

Anything can be devastating if people would sell it right

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

triplexpac posted:

Anything can be devastating if people would sell it right

Yeah but the DDT hasn't been sold like that since the late 90s in mainstream wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Viper_3000 posted:

Yeah but the DDT hasn't been sold like that since the late 90s in mainstream wrestling.

I remember Austin handing out DDTs as a transitional move in the 90s.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Viper_3000 posted:

When was the last time someone seriously used a camel clutch before Rusev?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alain Post posted:

Hassan?

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Alain Post posted:

Steiner?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Big Show

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Alain Post posted:

are you disrespecting THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Show used a Cobra Clutch, not a camel clutch

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Show used a Cobra Clutch, not a camel clutch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzM4tB2ZGC8

That's not the Cobra Clutch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

That isn't the version he usually used, though. He usually locked on a cobra clutch, then tossed them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That isn't the version he usually used, though. He usually locked on a cobra clutch, then tossed them.

I think that was a different move, but Big Show could have used both and the announcers called them the same thing because they're awful.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

jinder mahal. i remember because his original finisher was a loving full nelson slam that had zero impact and everyone was just screaming that he should do the camel clutch

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Big Show started doing a lovely Camel Clutch, which the announcers called the Colossal Clutch, in the buildup to a submission match with somebody, I assume Cena. He used it every now and then for a year or two afterward. His Cobra Clutch and ragdoll throw were during his ECW title run and looked awesome.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy poo poo the Bryan pee song :laffo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xerzes posted:

Big Show started doing a lovely Camel Clutch, which the announcers called the Colossal Clutch, in the buildup to a submission match with somebody, I assume Cena. He used it every now and then for a year or two afterward. His Cobra Clutch and ragdoll throw were during his ECW title run and looked awesome.

That reminds me, Cena's STF (originally the STFU) came about because he was put into a submission match because he didn't use submission moves normally, right? I think it was against Angle post the big Jericho feud, but maybe it was Benoit?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

That reminds me, Cena's STF (originally the STFU) came about because he was put into a submission match because he didn't use submission moves normally, right? I think it was against Angle post the big Jericho feud, but maybe it was Benoit?

Triple threat with Angle and Chris Masters

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I know why they didn't give him a crossface but.... he could totally use a Crossface now, he actually does it really well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I legit forgot about the Masterlock Challenge.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I remember JR said that the STFU showed that Cena was capable of wrestling a great technical match.

I almost pee'd straight in the air.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Wrestlehut Lishcast 1: Lish Mode. In depth Extreme Rules review, Raw is Lish, reviews of 3 bullshit rear end Miz movies, questions, and the return of everyone's favorite game, Piss or That.

http://pisscast.blogspot.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5q5g3kfpkq8n6n5/090+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxBFmoeXCup7X2FwRFNIS29CcDQ/view
iTunes/RSS/Poop

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My contest entry almost won.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He didn't read mine :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

He didn't read mine :mad:

Maybe you broke the hastily assembled, poorly defined, frequently changed and later forgotten rules!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ok here's my thing with cinema swirl, I just don't find the non film recap entertaining. Sam ain't no Billy / Adam. he's nothing really. Kefin is decent enough.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I don't understand cinema swirl because my brain can't comprehend not finding Commando hilarious.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's the Year of Our Lord 2015 and someone rickrolled Bryan on the radio show.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

ICHIBAHN posted:

ok here's my thing with cinema swirl, I just don't find the non film recap entertaining. Sam ain't no Billy / Adam. he's nothing really. Kefin is decent enough.

I generally like Cinema Swirl, but at times it really drones on far too long about Kefin's amazement that Sam hasn't seen that episode's film. Of course he hasn't, Kefin: it's in the intro to each episode.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Alain Post posted:

Jinder Mahal pre 3MB.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

does the pisscast need an intro song? because i might be able to poo poo something out custom in a couple weeks

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zyla posted:

does the pisscast need an intro song? because i might be able to poo poo something out custom in a couple weeks

But the Yellow River Boys already exist?

Also question for the next pisscast: what is your favorite song from their album Urinal Street Station?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
TNA doesn't have any Carol O'Connors... They have Davey Richards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Zyla posted:

If you, or anyone, makes an original song for the Pisscast, I promise I will play it to open an episode at least once, even if it's terrible.

Defiance Industries posted:

Also question for the next pisscast: what is your favorite song from their album Urinal Street Station?

Let me put my answer down in writing: Piss Pig Freak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLmvPI1if8

• Locked thread