Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope videogames destroy both feminists and MRAS together so we can just have regular old sexism back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

My taint actually filed a restraining order against you so you have to step at least 15 posts away

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I just installed Dwarf Fortress

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

countdown to uninstalling dwarf fortress

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
This time I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna learn how to Dwarf Fortress and ascend to video game Valhalla.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's pretty much how it was for me.

Hour before installing dwarf fortress: "This game looks fun and I've heard lots of great stories come out of it!"
Just after installing dwarf fortress: "I have absolutely no idea how to play this."
A little while after installing dwarf fortress: "Well that was a wash, time to uninstall. Oh well."

Many months later: "This game looks fun and I've heard lots of great stories come out of it!"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I miss Skyrim, I beat all the quests in the game and now I really can't Skyrim anymore.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dwarf fortress was much better in 2d.
i for one never said "boy i hope this game gets harder to deal with and makes it so that you can't ever see anything except in narrow z axis cross sections"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Konami might be selling off Castlevania, Metal Gear, and all it's franchises that it's been sitting on for decades.

We might finally get a Complete Castlevania Anthology out of the deal.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Konami might be selling off Castlevania, Metal Gear, and all it's franchises that it's been sitting on for decades.
Ha ha ha, keep dreaming.

I wish they would though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

We might finally get a Complete Castlevania Anthology out of the deal.

That'll never happen. They aren't going to waste the potential profits from slapping those IPs on various japanese gambling machines.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

That'll never happen. They aren't going to waste the potential profits from slapping those IPs on various japanese gambling machines.

They loving canceled Revengence 2, I don't think they want money

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the best thing to hope for from Capcom and Konami these days is that they will fold and sell their IP to people who aren't poo poo

Sadly there's no chance of this happening to Squeenix any time soon

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope videogames destroy both feminists and MRAS together so we can just have regular old sexism back.

It never went away.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Yeah the best thing to hope for from Capcom and Konami these days is that they will fold and sell their IP to people who aren't poo poo

Sadly there's no chance of this happening to Squeenix any time soon

Squeenix will become a publisher for its western developers while using its own IPs to make F2P mobile and browser games.

e: I say "will become", but I mean as in Final Fantasy XVII and Dragon Quest 12: No Localization will be in this model. TWEWY will have a new mobile release that revamps the battle system into revolving around fighting Noise with pins that you acquire through either RNG or payment and must be recharged over a 24-hour period or with purchasable ingame currency. This rerelease will stop being functional within six months of release and never be fixed.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 29, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Timesplitters 2 really kicks rear end. Just wish it was on PC because the only thing I'm not liking about it is the aiming, otherwise it actually holds up pretty well and is like a much less dated Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

Timesplitters 2 really kicks rear end. Just wish it was on PC because the only thing I'm not liking about it is the aiming, otherwise it actually holds up pretty well and is like a much less dated Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.

The best part of Timesplitters 2 was that their Oddjob character was a monkey that screams loud as hell all the time so you can hear him before you see him. Psychological weapons in FPS games are the best.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

CJacobs posted:

Borderlands 2 writer Anthony Burch chimes in on Silent Hills' cancellation without even a hint of self-awareness as usual

every time i see this guy i keep wondering what's keeping him from killing himself

he is the laughing stock of the internet and ruined his own life

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Excels posted:

every time i see this guy i keep wondering what's keeping him from killing himself

he is the laughing stock of the internet and ruined his own life

i dont know who that is

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It must be nice living without the ability to feel shame.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

i dont know who that is
He wrote Borderlands 2 and Shaq-Fu.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't know too many video game designers by name. Sakurai, Miyamoto, and Kojima are the only ones I can think of. Well, Fred Ford, Paul Reiche, Brad Wardell and Sid Meier. I feel like any more than that, and you have to be actively invested in Gamergate one way or another to even know who they are.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The only modern devs who's names I know besides Cliffy B and Timmy Chafes are people who have had articles written about how many people want to kill them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's like looking into a mirror.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

He wrote Borderlands 2 and Shaq-Fu.

how does that make him a laughingstock

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I thought Anthony Burch laughing was just a gamergate thing but it turns out he is actually hilarious. His brain broke when the internet called him a lovely writer, and then he decided he was queer (but doesn't like men) so he could call critics homophobes, then he forced his wife into an "open marriage" then cried endlessly about how she was getting more sex than him and he couldn't get laid, and then his wife left him, and now he cries at home forever. I still feel kind of dirty for knowing this though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also how can we forget goon dev Josh Sawyer

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I thought Anthony Burch laughing was just a gamergate thing but it turns out he is actually hilarious. His brain broke when the internet called him a lovely writer, and then he decided he was queer (but doesn't like men) so he could call critics homophobes, then he forced his wife into an "open marriage" then cried endlessly about how she was getting more sex than him and he couldn't get laid, and then his wife left him, and now he cries at home forever. I still feel kind of dirty for knowing this though.

it only gets funnier the deeper you go, he posted on twitter as he tried going to a gay bar to pick up a dude out of desperation and practically ran for it the moment a guy flirted with him

also his sister ashley is getting work in hollywood and hes just sitting doing nothing

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Adam Bowen posted:

This time I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna learn how to Dwarf Fortress and ascend to video game Valhalla.

Be persistent it's worth it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wait, I also know Reggie and Iwata. And the names of some of the music people like Nobuo Uematsu, Yasonori Mitsuda, and Koji Kondo, and Ted Woolsey, the translation man. I knew more video game people than I thought.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bunch of Fake Gamers in here who don't know Kamiya or Sakaguchi

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

no mention of keiji eno, what fuckin posers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't know those people. What cool things did they do? Was it Donkey Kong 64?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

keiji eno made a wiiware game about masturbating

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

keiji eno made a wiiware game about masturbating

that doesn't seem like a great game idea. why not just do it, in the real world?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There was an interview with Keiji Eno at his office that was on YouTube a couple of years before his death but it was entirely in Japanese. Probably pretty interesting though.

For those who don't know he was a super weird game director with super weird games. Probably most "famous" for dreamcast game D2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My favorite Kenji Eno game is Here Come The Warm Pilotwings

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

My favorite Kenji Eno game is Here Come The Warm Pilotwings
Baby Mario's on Fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004