Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

I am not here to debate the aspects of EQ in 1999-2000 (for better or worse). You were there from what I gather, you had a 99 druid iirc, so you know the deal. I have a 99 wiz, dru. And a bunch of 2000 characters, still pull them out of the toy box every couple of years.

There were tons of problems with the game, that is agreed. Most of my grouping was on the edge of the seat kind of thing. I was exclusively a dungeon crawler, that was my deal. The more timid folks planted their asses on the walls outside karnors and I don't judge them, their fun is their fun. We died, we died a lot, but were still some of the first 60's on Brell. We were able to get drops that were removed from the zone and moved/changed, to VP. (Blade of the something or other dragon eye, for one), and we could camp out in the crypt before they changed it.

In gchat, we were discussing strategy, the tactics to support it and medding furiously to get ready to proceed and what was coming up next.. Ok and some cyber. We all had to know our classes inside and out, have a solid understanding of the classes we were grouped with, and most importantly how we were going to leverage the group setup to our advantage for our chosen adventure.

Bringing along a dungeon newbie was always a risk to our seasoned group.

'Hey guys! I got my charasis/seb key! Take me along I can handle it.
--OK sounds good, but if you choke in a hairy moment its going to be a CR on top of the three hours we are looking at.
--Oh, and you do have another key, right? Just in case there is a wipe at King/Juggs (seb) or South/East wing in Charasis? You will need another key...

Blink... gently caress! Ok catch you guys later...gonna take a Karnors group and plant my rear end in a corner.

The sight of a naked/cr gear high level in trak teeth trying desperately to get another key wasn't that rare back then. Not for a rez, just to get their poo poo back.

I know the 27 min thing was a bit of an exaggeration but yes there is some truth to that. Fights were about 3-4 mins, and dungeon respawn rates were +/- 28 mins so we wouldn't have gotten anywhere at that metric. The way back then was to let the melee's kill it and keep mana in reserve to support that tactic, and keep the cleric alive, otherwise we would have gotten nowhere. Even with the 10 percent mana preservation you got from a maxed specialization wasn't that much of an advantage. PoP fixed that with SCM that stacked with specialization.

Having said that I am just a common noob trying to learn about modern EQ, I like that, a little wonder is back. And holy gently caress the AA listing is a mini novel :)

Great class if you can charm. I charmed one up from lvl 12 to max level (at the time on live and MAC). There's nothing like it as long as you can handle the eventual break before you get vaped. . Best DPS in the game at the time too. I still charm adds with him, but charms are pretty gimp nowadays from that I have seen. No more x4 time damage. :( Buff/Mez bot, gently caress that, get someone else.

Enchanters are kind of the best-kept secret in EQ right now. Some classes are genuinely buggered right now (zerker and druid are the first two to leap to mind), but a max-level enchanter can provide solid DPS, very good caster ADPS, some vital buffs, slow/cripple... the list goes on. In group content, they can trivialise a lot of things. As much as it pisses me off, there is a reason that so many things in the game are mez/charm immune - enchanters can break some challenging content if left to their devices. We are also quite resilient now; enchanters get so many protective buffs that we can absorb a lot of damage. I always keep up, in order, Veil of Mindshadow (absorbs 90% of melee damage), Shield of Fate/Consequence (absorbs 75% of melee/spell damage above a threshold), my personal rune (absorbs over 100k), Eldritch Rune (absorbs over 200k), and my epic rune just for a bit extra and the stun proc. We had a bad run of luck, and a moron tank, in an HA last night (not a Gribble) and at one point I had to solo 15 even-con mobs before we could rez. It was exhausting, but exhilarating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jotto posted:

Outside of whatever discussion is above.

New TLP Beta server around 2 weeks from now.

Going live around beginning of June.

From today's stream.

Any word yet on what schedule unlocks will be on?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Any word yet on what schedule unlocks will be on?

Vote finishes on the 4th or something should find out shortly after.

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
I've looked at the FAQ for TLP, some things are still unclear to me. Wondering if anyone who played on Fippy or Vulak could clarify.

Do you still have to buy and scribe spells?
Are spells that were released in later expansions (lower level bard mana song, spirit of puma, etc.) available before those expansions are out?
Does Ornate or Devout or whatever armor drop off of mobs while leveling?

I guess I'm just curious how brutal the leveling process really is on the TLP servers--I know they have yet to test the "reduced experience" rate but if you're getting spells automatically in your book and/or mobs drop armor that is decent that's a big difference.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I don't think you've ever had spells scribed automatically, you've always had to buy/scribe them.

Generally, all the features on the expansion box are locked until that expansion unlocks: Like defiant is locked until TSS I think? and Mercs are from SoD.

The between-expansion-updates are usually implemented on TLPs without unlocks, like UI updates, exp events, AA autogrant, etc.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yes you buy spells every 4 levels or whatever.
Out of era spells are hit or miss most uber ones have been removed until further expansions.

No defiant gear until the expansion it was introduced.

Last time exp was capped at 2% per kill without exp pots / RAF bonus. So grouping and slaughtering the weakest stuff you could as fast as you could was generally the best way to level. Solo ing almost worthless to level.

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
Cool, thanks for the info. Some of the finer points like that are a little harder to find. Is Bard swarming still a possible thing on live servers? Semi-excited about checking out TLP even with all the valid issues people have cited.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

torp0r posted:

Cool, thanks for the info. Some of the finer points like that are a little harder to find. Is Bard swarming still a possible thing on live servers? Semi-excited about checking out TLP even with all the valid issues people have cited.

Which kind of bard swarming?

Charm, yes. Dots, no.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Right the 50+ mob pulls to be killed by songs while running in circles singing pbaoe dot songs is no longer doable, but using a group of mobs to beat up other ones and flipping charms to get everything low is doable but prob not very rewarding.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

I have to share this gem from eqlive.

Old EQ is something can never be recreated. It was incredibly slow and hateful. All that lead to some intense situations that made good memories, but I wouldn't want to play a game with such terrible mechanics or design now.

FFS, it was a game where I had to have other games to play or books to read while I was playing it. There's still plenty of thrill to be had from from getting poo poo done that no one else can do, but sitting around and getting 4 kills every 27 minutes has no part in that.

You know, honestly, I think it does - with the disclaimer that it wasn't that case for everybody. During that downtime, a lot of people were bored as poo poo and wanted to do something. That's okay, and more than reasonable. I think there is a part of that, for some people, subconsciously, the downtime was beneficial. You chatted with your group while medding (if you were solo, this didn't happen obviously. And you're a druid, so most likely you were.) You talked in /shout or /ooc. When Verant removed the restriction of having the spellbook in your face while you medded, you could see other people doing things. You were a part of the world, instead of playing a game. It's impossible to enjoy a game like that now since we have so many other options, and we know what it is like to not have to have mandatory downtime, but I'd argue that it had some good points.

I know that sounds rosy-as-hell tinted glasses nostalgic, and probably with almost as much words as a Battleblade post, but back then, in 1999-2001, it was okay.

It'd definitely be impossible to recreate. A game wouldn't last six months if it had EQ gameplay today.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I need help with this very serious problem, as you can see my armor does not match and if I show up to a group looking like this they would prob kick me, so I humbly request someone find the blueberry dark elf purple tint and provide me with this illustrious number configuration so I may match and therefore get groups

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
All armor tints are on Lucy if you like a particular type.

Love the old models! My man.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

I need help with this very serious problem, as you can see my armor does not match and if I show up to a group looking like this they would prob kick me, so I humbly request someone find the blueberry dark elf purple tint and provide me with this illustrious number configuration so I may match and therefore get groups

And you wonder why I never played on test with you

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

These are dire days and Im the only one asking the hard hitting questions

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

These are dire days and Im the only one asking the hard hitting questions

Pretty sure I misread your request on the phone but my vote is:

R-115, G-50, B-115

You'll look mahvelous baby.

e: Not trying to be contrite, and really what's the point of it but

quote:

You chatted with your group while medding (if you were solo, this didn't happen obviously. And you're a druid, so most likely you were.)
Good druids were super duper huge wanted in dungeon crawls. I doubt anyone wants to hear me drone on and on but anyhow... I preferred to play my wizard, but my druid dinged 60 way ahead of him.

The groups were almost always the trinity, an evac, and two fillers. A druid had a 10 min snare, and evac, could spot heal but above all, keep the cleric and enc alive at all costs when they were getting the poo poo beat out of em.

Another deprecated fact back then (I am sure you are all waiting with baited breath) was that in-zone evacs... weren't evacs! It was more of a 'warp the group to the zone in' without reloading the zone or clearing the hate list. You had to evac to EJ for an example. This provided all sorts of hilarity as you hit your succor/evac spell for the first time, only to have your group summoned one by one, back into a fight you were losing.

If the mob was under 55, guess what the zone in looked like if you evaced out of a close camp. :D

Oh I got my group to lvl 100. yay

Herv fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 29, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Oh snare was awesome, since mobs running away and training you was a real threat back then. Necros or rangers could do that too, and there were plenty of those. I don't remember grouping with druids nearly as much as other classes, just in my experience.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Node posted:

Oh snare was awesome, since mobs running away and training you was a real threat back then. Necros or rangers could do that too, and there were plenty of those. I don't remember grouping with druids nearly as much as other classes, just in my experience.

Me either; I was a druid. Couldn't get a group if I had offered to wank each one off in turn. That was why I solo'd all of the time - I didn't necessarily want to, but nobody wanted to group with druids. They could not nuke that well, the could not slow like a Shaman or heal nearly as well as a cleric

On another note, does anybody have an Earring of Living Slime that they could copy to Test? That would free up a spell gem for me.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY DAYBREAK GAMES

http://www.twitch.tv/roiguild/c/6605873

Daybreak Games so good.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

BROUGHT TO YOU BY DAYBREAK GAMES

http://www.twitch.tv/roiguild/c/6605873

Daybreak Games so good.

i like how qulas told us to keep it PG-13 for a few minutes, and one of the people right in front of him as the stream starts is rafather.

also if your penis finds itself suddenly erect, thats romance talking. its a normal reaction

edit: i'm not in the stream, 0/10

Node fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 29, 2015

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Herv posted:

Pretty sure I misread your request on the phone but my vote is:

R-115, G-50, B-115

You'll look mahvelous baby.

It looks like its supposed to be purple but actually shows up as pink, is this gonna be like that what color is this dress thing where I find out Im color blind?

http://www.tayloredmktg.com/rgb/

Even used this chart and none of them are anywhere close to what it shows, Im a powerleveler not a painter :argh:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Even used this chart and none of them are anywhere close to what it shows, Im a powerleveler not a painter :argh:

What's an item that already had the color you're looking for?

Is it etheral mist purple? http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2050

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Obexa Primia shield is what I am trying to replicate, the inside of it which also seems to be the exact color as dark elf skin

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=122026 Obexa Primia link

Spent over an hour and thats the closest I can get it, help me obiwan

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Jotto posted:

Yes you buy spells every 4 levels or whatever.
Out of era spells are hit or miss most uber ones have been removed until further expansions.

No defiant gear until the expansion it was introduced.

Last time exp was capped at 2% per kill without exp pots / RAF bonus. So grouping and slaughtering the weakest stuff you could as fast as you could was generally the best way to level. Solo ing almost worthless to level.
Will they really change spell levels to be every 4th/5th (or even worse for hybrids) on the TLP?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Pilsner posted:

Will they really change spell levels to be every 4th/5th (or even worse for hybrids) on the TLP?

I would assume/hope so. Looking at my spell list as a paladin I'd be a lot more powerful than I should be at those levels.

Level 9 (not 7) through 15 (not 13) where you only have Minor Healing was loving balls.

Node fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 29, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

No.

TLPs use the same spell file and data as live servers. They can get some different data inside zones for things like drops, but they're going to be using modern EQ's codebase.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yeah I guess it might be different for this one, the last TLP used the spells every 4 levels thing, maybe the constant spell upgrades every level thing was added after Feb 2011.

I do know that at least Harm Touch spell data is different for progression, but I think they just added in an if statement to check if on progression server.
(I remember when they were first trying to nerf progression harmtouches and instead mega buffed it to do over 10k at lvl 60, and at the same time totally broke life harmtouches.)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Jotto posted:

Yeah I guess it might be different for this one, the last TLP used the spells every 4 levels thing, maybe the constant spell upgrades every level thing was added after Feb 2011.

I do know that at least Harm Touch spell data is different for progression, but I think they just added in an if statement to check if on progression server.
Maybe they can level lock the spells by making new scroll items with a req level different from the spell level. Cause the spell level spreading was done way before 2011, so if they had old style spell levels on the last progression server, I'm wrong.

HT's progression server change isn't subtle at all.

[13536] Harm Touch
Classes: SHD/254
Casting: 0s
Push: 0.25'
1: Decrease Current HP by 4201 (If Regular Server)
2: Decrease Current HP by 1701 (If Progression Server)

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Was there a test goon who needed a Privateer's Studded Necklace?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Was there a test goon who needed a Privateer's Studded Necklace?

I could sure use one. My 105 enchanter with over 13.8k AA was not a raid copy (again, not knocking it), and since raiding on Test is like trying to herd very stupid cats, TDS rares are about my best bet for gear upgrades as they are copyable and tradeable. My current neck is a standard group drop, so I would appreciate it.

My right earring and my charm are also rubbish. Corsair gear from TDS is amazing for int casters (I have the mask), but very, very rare.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

just mailed it

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Very kind of you.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Folks, I am having a bit of trouble finding a new group weapon for my warrior.

She picked this up off the lvl 95 vendor in WK.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=128513

I can't find a similar weapon from the lvl 100 vendor. Any suggestions? Am I just too out of date on warrior weaps?

I know she has combat abilities for aggro and its working well, the monks rarely bounce aggro around but I just upgraded their weapons and wanted to do the same for my war. Am I missing something, or do EB warrior weaps not really help these days.

It used to be BoC/Bloodfrenzy until the blade of war 2h was snagged from Rallos Zek in tactics, then the EB one hander from time. I am doing the plank n board approach now for what it's worth.

Can you help out a noob on what I should be looking to get my warrior for lvl 100-105?

Thanks

Herv fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 30, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Herv posted:

Folks, I am having a bit of trouble finding a new group weapon for my warrior.

She picked this up off the lvl 95 vendor in WK.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=128513

I can't find a similar weapon from the lvl 100 vendor. Any suggestions? Am I just too out of date on warrior weaps?

Vendors might not have complete sets of gear, or some pieces might be locked behind group progression.

Looking at EQR, you want a Cerulean Thumper from a EWK group mission. http://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=94423 Or an Iron Bloodsaber from a Tower of Rot named.

All the main gear pieces are upgraded every tier, so the upgrade path is just war 1h, to war 1h, to war 1h. Paired it with a tank shield with the highest AC aug you can fit in the shield. 1h+shield is the defacto standard for tanks in EQ thanks to shield AC and abilities like shield block and shield specialist.

Hit up one of the EQR search pages to dig through gear for each expansion http://cotf.eqresource.com/groupgear.php

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Sweet, thanks Jet.

I am getting even wierder results from gamparse on top of it all. I have duplicate monks for gear and aa's and the results are funny to say the least. will link up what 2hb's they are using but you would think to see a different result.

Still catching up on things, but like I said before, this is fun!

Thanks

e: Oh and defensive proficiency, holy poo poo did that make a stark difference.

ee: Ok I swapped this 1hs Fused Coral Axe into the warrior a friend had given me, and surprise surprise there was no noticeable difference on aggro bounce, which was close to nil anyhow. I guess the EB proc doesn't mean much in the face of the current aggro abilities and aa's to back them up.

The strange thing is that I have two monks with almost identical gear and aa's, but different 2 handers. One had a 100 group 2hander, non monk specific, the other had the 95 group weapon. The differences in their aggregate DPS was almost the same. Monk2 just purchased the monk specific 2 hander and yep... almost the same. They both have the same +dmg aug as well fwiw.

Monk 1 weapon
Sol Staff
Monk 2 weapon
Disciple's Dragonstaff

This is a parse of a neriak HA.
I expected the wizard to be at the top, even with a conservative nuke/conc cycle so I can just leave him to do his thing. What was unexpected was the monk damage totals. My guys are a bit gimpy, I'm still learning the finer points of the current game and they only have 5-6k AA's so don't expect to be dazzled.

So... I guess it doesn't really matter what the hell I use at this point. Unless I am missing something (probably).

Herv fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 30, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

It's hard to accurately parse short fights. Even when you add a bunch of short fights together.
Your dudes might only be hitting a few abilities per fight, but the abilities will be a bigger portion of the parses which are largely gear independent.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

darkhand posted:

It's hard to accurately parse short fights. Even when you add a bunch of short fights together.
Your dudes might only be hitting a few abilities per fight, but the abilities will be a bigger portion of the parses which are largely gear independent.

Excellent point, thanks for the tip. Just going to plod along with the setup I have.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Herv posted:

ee: Ok I swapped this 1hs Fused Coral Axe into the warrior a friend had given me, and surprise surprise there was no noticeable difference on aggro bounce, which was close to nil anyhow. I guess the EB proc doesn't mean much in the face of the current aggro abilities and aa's to back them up.

So... I guess it doesn't really matter what the hell I use at this point. Unless I am missing something (probably).

hmmmm, from the top comment, and your dps numbers, I think you're viewing EQ as too passive of a game. Activated things are the main portion of tank aggro and melee dps. Good eq play involves rolling through your discs and short-med re-use skills to maximize their impacts over the course of an event or exp grind.

Your dps numbers are *really* low. While derping around boxing with my dru and sk, my dru does about 20k and my sk does about 8k, a wiz merc on burn does somewhere around 20k. If you're trying to box all that, you might want to cut back on using so many characters and focus on a couple of them. A 100 group geared wizard could be doing somewhere around 30-40k dps.

I don't have any personal exp with playing a monk or war, so I can't really give specific advice on them. There are some monks and wars in thread, though. And I found this kinda old guide on monks http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28149

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 30, 2015

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Cool thanks, going to have to spend a night tuning up how the group works. I am lucky where I have a co worker whose main is a raid geared warrior, has more hps than my group... to help with war strategy thank goodness.

It all starts from my war, who is definitely putting out more hate 10 levels higher since I last tried to reconfigure the monks and wizard. If she holds aggro well enough, I can turn the dials closer to eleven.

I am pretty sure the parse is accurate, I turn off all filters on the warrior, pipe melee and spell damage to a window and minimize it. This used to work pretty well back in the old raiding days.

The warrior is definitely rolling a bazu, blast and phantom each fight, but I should probably turn off the defense skill, as endurance can be the limiting factor with all aggro skills running along with it.

Monks can be turned up as well, but just like the warrior they run into endurance issues. I would rather have constant action then med them up.

Wizard, I will drop a conc, check numbers and then look into adding some activated abilities. He can burn, but ended up making friends too much ten levels ago.

You are right, I like passive abilities above active but I am pretty sure I can invoke whatever is needed with a hotkey here and there.

When I get some time I will list what each character is doing per fight, maybe I can get some feedback and pointers. I will also just say gently caress it and turn everyone to eleven just to watch the ping pong hilarity before I tune it back.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Herv posted:

Cool thanks, going to have to spend a night tuning up how the group works. I am lucky where I have a co worker whose main is a raid geared warrior, has more hps than my group... to help with war strategy thank goodness.

It all starts from my war, who is definitely putting out more hate 10 levels higher since I last tried to reconfigure the monks and wizard. If she holds aggro well enough, I can turn the dials closer to eleven.

I am pretty sure the parse is accurate, I turn off all filters on the warrior, pipe melee and spell damage to a window and minimize it. This used to work pretty well back in the old raiding days.

The warrior is definitely rolling a bazu, blast and phantom each fight, but I should probably turn off the defense skill, as endurance can be the limiting factor with all aggro skills running along with it.

Monks can be turned up as well, but just like the warrior they run into endurance issues. I would rather have constant action then med them up.

Wizard, I will drop a conc, check numbers and then look into adding some activated abilities. He can burn, but ended up making friends too much ten levels ago.

You are right, I like passive abilities above active but I am pretty sure I can invoke whatever is needed with a hotkey here and there.

When I get some time I will list what each character is doing per fight, maybe I can get some feedback and pointers. I will also just say gently caress it and turn everyone to eleven just to watch the ping pong hilarity before I tune it back.

Endurance should never be an issue while boxing. All the end classes get the Rest disc line, which is only usable at low endurance (under ~20%) while not in combat. It gives you a buff that regens a lot of endurance, but won't go over that ~20% amount. What that means is you get use your endurance down to 5-10%, hit rest as soon as the mob you're fight dies and keep the endurance regen buff once you go back into combat. Classes with fade effects can even do this in combat by turning off attack, fading, Resting and turning attack back on. Re-use is short enough to use every few fights.

Monks should basically never steal aggro from a war. If really want, you can make a monk 'evade' hotkey that FDs, stands up (/sit off), and turns attack back on.

For the wizard, go balls deep on damage. Spam Ethereals, with Force of X clicks between casts. Use the spell Twincast as often as possible. When you use Improved Twincast, also use Silent Casting so you gain no aggro. With the wizard doing as much damage as you can, then figure out what your war needs to do to keep aggro.

Edit: For wizard things, this, this, and this are good threads with wizard info.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

For warrior: max all your shield specialist poo poo and flurry and blast of anger. You also get some kind of buff that procs aggro off taunts that you can spam. Otherwise it's just like you said, spam roar and jeer and your pets, you also have rallying roar which is some aoe aggro, Wade into battle which is insane aggro, stormwheel blades. You also have aoe taunt and some on-demand single taunts like warlord's grasp and unbroken you can pile on in between other stuff. Don't be afraid to overpull when you have Last Stand or Tenacity up, it's doubles your effective tanking. You should be able to tank close to a full ExTargetWindow of mobs with 2 or your 3 major cooldowns: tenacity, no time to bleed, last stand.

This all depends on if you want to sperg and fine-tune stuff into oblivion of course, but you should be getting HAs done in pretty close to like 10-15minutes if you're setup right.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 1, 2015