Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just disconnected from a game and now all my perks are 0, welp

edit: and fixed as soon as I post about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Berserker starts with a Crovel, and should probably always have a melee weapon superior to the knife. It ends up being totally irrelevant for berserkers because the other melee weapons don't run out of ammo.

Yeah but the berserker's other weapons can't bisect a clot's body

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's not as bad as a basically everything else, and I guess it might help a little bit with Scrakes and Pounds. But everything else is probably dying in a single blow or two, before they can attack, and Scrakes and Pounds will still gently caress your poo poo up, even with a 25% damage reduction.
Yeah but they'll gently caress you up 25% slower, giving your team more time to dump into them, which sounds pretty great. Also I've had plenty of times where I miss my swing on a Gorefast's head whack him in the chest instead, letting him slash me which adds up after a while, but maybe that's just cause I'm a bad Zerker I dunno. :shrug:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Normal mode, Knife is okay for straggler clots and Cysts you do not feel deserve even a 9mm bullet. Though more likely you will miss out on any exp as somebody pops their skull off from halfway across the room.

Hard mode, it takes three (sometimes 4?) knife M1s to the skull to kill a CYST (The first two are BARELY too little to kill it, according to Commando lifebar view). I just hit level 10 commando, and with the backup skill it still takes two 9MM headshots to kill a clot in Hard, just like it does without it. I coulda sworn it took 3 knife M1's to the skull but once I unlocked commando it's been taking 4 each time (Do overhands deal more damage than horizontals?)

I was actually looking forward to the Backup skill, since at least it sounded like it could be fun at lower difficulties like normal, or Hard if you wanted to get back one shotting clot skulls with your 9mm. But no, even in Hard solo, the Backup skill isn't enough to do it.

How does this work? 9mm is 15 damage, so does the Knife M1. A medic using their 20 damage T1 still oneshot a clot skull on hard. I have a very shaky grasp of Maths, but isn't 40% of 15 at least 5? Nevermind the Commando having a global +10% damage bonus by level 10?

EDIT: It's not like the trader pod lists a higher damage on your 9mm or Knife either for some hard comparisons. Alt slash on Hard solo will oneshot a clot/slasher/etc in the head, but it did that without Backup.

Unrelated teleport chat. I caught a zed in the act as I rounded the corner to enter a door, and I literally saw them blink into existence two feet in front of me :sigh:

Psion posted:

:siren: warning: bullshit :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rxsj2NH_S4

We were playing on Hard, not HOE. :(

It's funny because it's happening to somebody else in that video.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 29, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Phrasing posted:

Doom e1 has the best level design in the history of architecture so you could use any of them for a map.

Including disallowing space along the same vertical coordinate?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Psion posted:

:siren: warning: bullshit :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rxsj2NH_S4

We were playing on Hard, not HOE. :(

Someone can take one of those scrakes and kite it around the bar endlessly. Circle strafing them also confuses them and makes them just stand in one spot.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah playing with pubbies we always get 3-4 scrakes near the last 2 waves. One person distracts the others and once we separate one we go to town on them.

Usually a spare commando or support rides shotgun with 2 scakes following him and we focus fire the lone scrake from across the map.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ramsus posted:

Someone can take one of those scrakes and kite it around the bar endlessly. Circle strafing them also confuses them and makes them just stand in one spot.

key word: one

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Psion posted:

key word: one

Does the strategy of pissing off one Scrake in the back so he barrels through and damage the others still work? If not, just try to get everyone to aim for the head on the thing. Their head health is like, half their normal health and so you can usually decapitate them before they begin charging.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got to 20 and picked my crappy perk, fun times, least I saw it work from time to time.

Also did some suicidal matches, man that poo poo is rough, loving zeds move so drat fast and that flamethrower attack from the husk, I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Including disallowing space along the same vertical coordinate?

Multiple stories are a safety hazard on Mars.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

that flamethrower attack from the husk, I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

Yeah, if all you got is the crovel, you have to be really careful.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Got to 20 and picked my crappy perk, fun times, least I saw it work from time to time.

Also did some suicidal matches, man that poo poo is rough, loving zeds move so drat fast and that flamethrower attack from the husk, I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

We didn't do too bad. Got to what? Wave 8 with just the two of us? It was usually once we got down to just the Scrakes we had the hardest time.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Double Skraked: https://youtu.be/oGScolhXmSU

Skrakes :argh:

Also lol
Cliffdiver NOOOOOO!: https://youtu.be/Xk8gqu1yMww

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Has anyone tried to work with the editor yet? My buddy landed us on a server tonight playing a custom map and while it was terrible I didn't even know it was possible to run custom maps yet. Now I'm intrigued and want to try to learn the editor.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Theta Zero posted:

Does the strategy of pissing off one Scrake in the back so he barrels through and damage the others still work? If not, just try to get everyone to aim for the head on the thing. Their head health is like, half their normal health and so you can usually decapitate them before they begin charging.

Again, the problem is not that we didn't know how to deal with scrakes, the problem is the game thought that after half our team died, an appropriate response was to spawn four at once.

As an example, L4D's director will occasionally take pity on you when your team is doing badly and change up item drops and enemy spawns. We were clearly not at our best last night in KF2, but whatever spawn logic KF2 has didn't really care and said "gently caress you anyway have four scrakes at once." As far as I can tell it's not adapting at all to team performance. I don't mind it being tough and I don't mind it making us deal with a lot of dudes, but I would like a little responsiveness when it comes to what kinds of enemies spawn when three players die midwave, especially after a really rough wave 8 to boot.

I didn't capture it but bear in mind those were not the first scrakes of the wave and there was also at least one FP, maybe two. It was a lot of specials on the second-lowest difficulty.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

With regards to beserkers, besides their perks being bad, they are too loving squishy. I've got a decent group that plays suicidal, and we've made it to wave 10 a couple times in long games, and 1 person plays berserker, while I play medic. He's good at parrying, and that's normally how we manage to deal with scrakes, but if he misses a single parry, I can turn his rear end into a pincushion with healing darts with the medic rifle and lvl 20+ potency and it's still pointless, he will instantly die to two rapid fire hits from the scrake.

The entire purpose of that class is to be in the front line and deal with the big guys, but if he can't even survive a single seconds worth of attacks with a buttbuddy medic, there is a problem.

On that note, scrakes are terrifyingly scary but flesh pounds seem like a joke. They're very bullet spongey but they're super easy to kite around do about as much damage as a gorefast, and almost never hit more than one player at once. The opposite of KF1, where if a flesh pound got past your front line you were hosed. Scrakes were powerful there too but much less scary than flesh pounds. If they're not going to rework the balancing of them, they should at least reverse the spawning order so that scrakes spawn after flesh pounds, not before.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
GMG added the six-pack for killing floor 2. Once coupons work with Killing Floor 2, that should be a nice bit of savings for bulking up (assuming a steam sale hasn't hit by then).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/killing-floor-2/

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Killing Floor 2 update 1007 patch notes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, there is the promised bugfix patch. Now the wait for content begins.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

quote:

Fixed single-load guns sometimes not hitting zeds after reloading

So that's why the Mossberg shots kept not registering for me.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

So that's why the Mossberg shots kept not registering for me.

I was noticing the same issue, especially with Gorefasts which always seemed to survive point blank shotgun blasts to the face.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm glad that they're prioritizing getting the current content functioning and not doing too much with new content or balance tweaks. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops over the coming months.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

I'm glad that they're prioritizing getting the current content functioning and not doing too much with new content or balance tweaks. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops over the coming months.

It absolutely reeks of professionalism, which is a nice change of pace from most early access games. They have their priorities figured out and are sticking to them, so I'm perfectly content to wait for balancing and such.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Fina posted:

I was noticing the same issue, especially with Gorefasts which always seemed to survive point blank shotgun blasts to the face.

Yeah, this is a huge bug fix for support players and you should see the difference during game play.

Sit tight and we'll start letting you know what's coming next for KF2 just as soon as we're able. It's been a VERY busy week for us here at TWI.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey y'all, this is a great game, but since I have a poo poo PC I have it on pretty low details, so I need and answer to this:
How do I increase the number of blood that stays on the map? I know how to ramp up dead bodies, but they are just not the same when there is no blood everywhere.

Other then that, I gotta say I am suprised my Core 2 Duo, GTX 560 on 4 gigs ram can run this in 720 and not get nearly any frame drops during the game (just a little stutter when I buy a new weapon). All the videos made me feel bad I won't be able to play it, but here I am having a blast blasting zeds in half :v:

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Huh, I didn't even notice the shotgun bug, I just thought I was being bad.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Who told the pubbies it's a good idea to weld every single door on the map? Three games in a row, on three different servers, I ended having to unweld everything to get to the trader or find the last zed in a small airlock or something.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Cept for Zed Time, they said most of the weapons are hitscan too.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
So now when I try to use the "open" console command to connect to the goonservers, it throws me an error indicating that I can't connect because a password is required. It doesn't actually prompt me to ENTER one, though, and I don't know if there's a syntax for the "open" command that will allow me to pass one in. Any thoughts?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Turning the corner to see a giant cluster of trash is the BEST feeling as a Support. Why yes, I would LOVE 50+ experience from a single click of the starting pump-action boomstick.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alkydere posted:

Turning the corner to see a giant cluster of trash is the BEST feeling as a Support. Why yes, I would LOVE 50+ experience from a single click of the starting pump-action boomstick.
I get this feeling with nades as well. 80 xp from an incredibly satisfying explosion.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I honestly kind of wish Tripwire would accelerate XP gain during EA, especially if they plan on doing multiple resets. I love the game and I'd love to be able to play with the higher level perks and give feedback on them, but it's just such a time investment when you've got loads of other poo poo to take care of irl.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So apparently, if I don't enter in the password in console, I don't get the pop-up that lets me enter it anymore, it will just refuse to connect me. What's the format with the password?

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

Who told the pubbies it's a good idea to weld every single door on the map? Three games in a row, on three different servers, I ended having to unweld everything to get to the trader or find the last zed in a small airlock or something.

I may or may not do this between waves. I like to think of it as making things more interesting. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

year199X posted:

I may or may not do this between waves. I like to think of it as making things more interesting. :v:

I mean, that welding XP for Support isn't just going to appear out of thin air.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I'm so glad you're no longer forced to weld doors to level support anymore.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Insert name here posted:

Yeah, that was pretty awful. On the other hand, the test chamber map took care of the bulk of support's welding requirement for me in one match. :suicide:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Abandoned Toaster posted:

We didn't do too bad. Got to what? Wave 8 with just the two of us? It was usually once we got down to just the Scrakes we had the hardest time.

You had the craziest clutch heals in that game, anytime I thought I was dead "dart dart dart".

I'm considering only hammering scrakes twice when doing the circle strat then normal hits, its hard to account for the 2nd time I stumble him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

Despite this, The Legend of Welda lives on.