Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

still really curious what "minor modifications" they've made to standards this time
probably just giving it all of the same little annoying quirks that webkit and blink have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I tried the new code app and tried to make the code font size bigger so i did command plus, and it just zoomed in the whole app lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah its bad. only notable feature is the git diff lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Looked up some numbers, best calculations, if the "1.4 billion PC's running Windows" thing isn't bullshit, that's about 891 million computers running Windows 7.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
theyre also counting all the pcs in landfills etc

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

like appl ewould let them get away with this, you can't even write a watch app if you have a fitbit release for it

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8516339/microsoft-edge-logo-build-2015

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sonic the edgehog

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Last Chance posted:

sonic the edgehog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

pram posted:

theyre also counting all the pcs in landfills etc

actually atomicthumbs installs linux on the landfill computers

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Last Chance posted:

sonic the edgehog

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

actually atomicthumbs installs linux on the landfill computers

redpanda linux ftw

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Tim Cook's too busy with Jonathan Ive and Angela Ahrendts, turning Apple into a luxury goods company, to even know what just hit him.

Slowly but surely the best developers are going to leave the Mac platform leaving only consulting body-shops and corporates on iOS. Developing for the Mac and iOS is miserable. It wasn't always that way, but it is now.

Developers* are sick of proprietary stacks, from the language (Swift), to the APIs (Cocoa/CoreX/iOS), to the conditions attached (iCloud SDK only available for Mac Apps sold through the Mac Store), to the penny-pinching (pay your $99 fee and 30% even though we're raising $billion in debt to buy-back shares and hand out dividends because we're too tight-fisted to repatriate overseas funds and pay taxes on it) to the still broken XCode which only runs on a Mac, which must run Yosemite which feels like a Fisher-Price toy rather than a workstation for developers.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

where's that from

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

thank you for pointing out the money part, I share the same sentiment as you do on this.

I've been itching for someone to stick it to Apple since they're really being tight with money in some places (annual developer fee as you mentioned), and wasting it on share repurchases.

It's time for someone to really compress Apple's margins.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

HN obviously

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cremnob posted:

It's time for someone to really compress Apple's margins.
yeah it's not like every other tech company has been trying to do exactly this and failing for the last decade

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

cremnob posted:

are sick of proprietary stacks

yeah good thing microsoft...isnt. that thing i just said ..

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

msft's been a non proprietary stack for about four hours.... ready to topple apple.s loving walled gardens

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

every time I read that comment something g even dumber loving leaps out on me

all those corporate ios shops. those loving SUITS

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Last Chance posted:

sonic the edgehog

gotta go fast

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

my favourite part was when they opened up the cortana (or was it the start menu?) and it showed microsoft's stock in the red

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cremnob posted:

Tim Cook's too busy with Jonathan Ive and Angela Ahrendts, turning Apple into a luxury goods company, to even know what just hit him.

Slowly but surely the best developers are going to leave the Mac platform leaving only consulting body-shops and corporates on iOS. Developing for the Mac and iOS is miserable. It wasn't always that way, but it is now.

Developers* are sick of proprietary stacks, from the language (Swift), to the APIs (Cocoa/CoreX/iOS), to the conditions attached (iCloud SDK only available for Mac Apps sold through the Mac Store), to the penny-pinching (pay your $99 fee and 30% even though we're raising $billion in debt to buy-back shares and hand out dividends because we're too tight-fisted to repatriate overseas funds and pay taxes on it) to the still broken XCode which only runs on a Mac, which must run Yosemite which feels like a Fisher-Price toy rather than a workstation for developers.

there aren't any good developers on the mac platform.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Last Chance posted:

sonic the edgehog

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shaggar posted:

there aren't any good developers on the mac platform.

agreed, microsoft is terrible

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Last Chance posted:

I tried the new code app and tried to make the code font size bigger so i did command plus, and it just zoomed in the whole app lol

I was wondering if it was simply another skin of atom.io it doesn't look far off.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yessssss

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

careful where you post that image or ms will make an app out of it and put it in there next presentaiton

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lcXo1t-eM

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Last Chance posted:

careful where you post that image or ms will make an app out of it and put it in there next presentaiton

Someone is printing out a decal for their Macbook running Windows 10 right now ...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

lol

• Locked thread