Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Ignoranus posted:

So now when I try to use the "open" console command to connect to the goonservers, it throws me an error indicating that I can't connect because a password is required. It doesn't actually prompt me to ENTER one, though, and I don't know if there's a syntax for the "open" command that will allow me to pass one in. Any thoughts?

if its anything like in older uengine games you just put the pw after the server address, e.g. open 123.456.789.0 lljk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Do healing darts stack and if so how? I don't know if I'm wasting darts by hitting the same person with two or three in a row. They don't SEEM to stack in intensity, but do they stack in healing duration?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
The medic weapons remind me of the guns from borderlands. Now I want to see the borderlands gun vending machines in this game, every round a new batch of random weapons in the machines to buy.

"400% More awesome! Also horzine doesn't make their guns out of freakin' wood!"

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
It's nice to be reassured that when I was aiming down sites on a gorefast and nothing happened, it wasn't because I somehow spazzed out on the mouse at the last second. I'm happy there is a bug fix patch already. Was starting to wonder how long the updates would take. Questioner and Turnways, game is awesome and it's made me stay up way to late since it came out.

Unrelated, I hope they do something for zerks though. On normal they seem fine, but once you go to hard mode, they feel underwhelming and if they miss a parry, you're playing a man down in a split second. Give them some sort of ability where they can heal a small percentage of life for hits or something. I dunno. Game owns though

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

UltraVariant posted:

So apparently, if I don't enter in the password in console, I don't get the pop-up that lets me enter it anymore, it will just refuse to connect me. What's the format with the password?

Thanks for this. Got the bug into our bug tracker.

The command to bypass this would be:

open 192.168.0.1?password=abc

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

What I want to do as support: fire my hunting shotgun then toss a grenade before reloading.

What I end up doing: emptying my hunting shotgun, swearing as tossing a grenade does not cancel the reload that starts automatically when the gun's empty, then repeating because the Zeds are in my face now.

Seriously, make grenade tosses cancel reloads. Its desperately needed, especially on Support with the double barreled shotgun.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized the 2nd part of the level 20 zerk intimidate perk is kind of wasted on the hammer since it tends to kill outright.

Is it possible to knockdown a scrake or FP? That would be the only enemies I could think it would work on, maybe the husk? But he seems to have loads of super armor.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah the reload mechanics are really bad right now on Support. Not being able to cancel in the middle of reloads on the pump, or auto-reloading with the double barrel. I hope they get fixed soon.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Please explain to me support and ammo. I had no idea that people can get ammo from players playing the support perk until I saw it in a youtube video.

Do I need to be a specific level of support perk to do this? Does it subtract from my personal ammo in some way? How often can people get ammo from me?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fina posted:

Yeah the reload mechanics are really bad right now on Support. Not being able to cancel in the middle of reloads on the pump, or auto-reloading with the double barrel. I hope they get fixed soon.

You can cancel on the pump and semi-auto, you just have to do it via shooting or using the melee attack. Technically you can cancel the double barrel with the melee bash too, but then you end up in the exact same situation you were a moment ago: swearing violently because your double barrel is empty.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

khy posted:

Please explain to me support and ammo. I had no idea that people can get ammo from players playing the support perk until I saw it in a youtube video.

Do I need to be a specific level of support perk to do this? Does it subtract from my personal ammo in some way? How often can people get ammo from me?

It's one of the two choices you get at level 5. Everyone else can "use" you once per wave (resetting at end of wave, not when the trader closes) to get one ammo box's worth of ammo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

khy posted:

You get it at level 5. It does not. Each person can grab an ammo pack worth of ammo from you once per wave

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
We've heard you all loud and clear on the reload canceling to iron sight and throw grenades (and to be perfectly honest it was something that the internal test team requested before the beta was released) but, without boring you with details, making that change in the weapons is very risky and isn't something we can do in the couple of days we've had to work since the game was released. It's a "when you gently caress this up you can't shoot/reload" kind of thing so we need to take our time and make sure we don't totally bork the weapons in making this change.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

khy posted:

Its a level 5 perk, players go up to you and get a prompt to grab some ammo.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Alkydere posted:

Seriously, make grenade tosses cancel reloads. Its desperately needed, especially on Support with the double barreled shotgun.
And I thought I felt this pain alone...

Grenades canceling reloads would be a huge quality of life improvement

Edit: awesome, it was addressed in the time it took me to post :c00l:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Questioner86 posted:

We've heard you all loud and clear on the reload canceling to iron sight and throw grenades (and to be perfectly honest it was something that the internal test team requested before the beta was released) but, without boring you with details, making that change in the weapons is very risky and isn't something we can do in the couple of days we've had to work since the game was released. It's a "when you gently caress this up you can't shoot/reload" kind of thing so we need to take our time and make sure we don't totally bork the weapons in making this change.

Well, let me reiterate that it desperately needs to be in.

You know...whenever you can get it to work and not immediately make the game implode by implementing the feature. Stability comes first, QoL comes second. :v:

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Patch Notes 1010:

Added the ability to cancel shotgun reloads by using iron sights.
Added the ability to cancel weapon reloads by throwing a grenade.

Patch Notes 1011:

Added the ability to fire shotguns

Patch Notes 1012:

Added the ability to throw more than one grenade

Patch Notes 1013:

Added the ability to reload shotguns

Patch Notes 1014:

Removed the ability to cancel shotgun reloads by using iron sights.
Removed the ability to cancel weapon reloads by throwing a grenade.

:smithicide:

Questioner86 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 29, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I assume 1014 is when the game ships

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Questioner86 posted:

We've heard you all loud and clear on the reload canceling to iron sight

:toot:

Awesome to hear this is going to be added at some point. Thanks!

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Please don't ruin my career by quoting me all over the internet and going "TWI CONFIRMED IT!"

It's on the list. We know people want it. I'll let you know when we can squeeze it in because it's been driving me nuts forever.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ruggington posted:

I assume 1014 is when the game ships

1014 is when the 1014 shotgun is actually worth buying.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
reduce 1014 weight to the same as the double barrel, suddenly it is a viable option to the "med pistol/double barrel/AA-12" One True Loadout

then you'd have the choice of rapid semi-auto with longer reloads against a double-barrel's shitload of buckshot with constant shorter reloads.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Joining a server for the boss round won't net you any exp for killing Hans. I'm not sure if that is intended or a bug.

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
Reloading is the one time when you're not allowed to sprint circles around zeds though, which is already too good. I hope that gets addressed at some point.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Psion posted:

reduce 1014 weight to the same as the double barrel, suddenly it is a viable option to the "med pistol/double barrel/AA-12" One True Loadout

then you'd have the choice of rapid semi-auto with longer reloads against a double-barrel's shitload of buckshot with constant shorter reloads.

100% agreed. Plus it dovetails nicely with the +5 carry weight skill, since that will let you carry a pump action for mopping up trash mobs in addition to your medic pistol, AA12 godkiller and choice of semi or break action.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

Fina posted:

I can't say for sure, but I think melee bashing can cancel the reload.

Edit: Just tried it out, melee bashing with the pump does cancel the reload and can let you iron-sight or throw a grenade.

Mechanical Fiend fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 30, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mechanical Fiend posted:

I can't say for sure, but I think melee bashing can cancel the reload.

Edit: Just tried it out, melee bashing with the pump does cancel the reload and can let you iron-sight or throw a grenade.

It takes longer than just waiting for the reload to finish, which is the issue.

Psion posted:

That's probably overkill, honestly. I'd rather see the AA12 weight reduced to 8 or 9 units and the 1014 reduced to 7 or 6 so you can take both the AA12 and 1014 together at the cost of not being able to pack a medic pistol. Keep in mind the 1014 is strictly an upgrade compared to the hunting shotgun (same damage, semi-auto means you can put out rounds faster than the hunting shotgun, takes less time to load two shells than it takes to reload the hunting shotgun, etc.).

On the other hand, I don't like the KF2 hunting shotgun because it's weaker than the KF1 one, so I would prefer if the two swapped tiers, with the 1014 at 20 damage being an upgrade to the Mossberg and the hunting shotgun getting 30 damage instead of 25.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Anyone else notice some servers don't let you keep the XP you earned on them? I think they are considered "custom" servers but the filter doesn't get rid of all of them. If you look in the server browser to the right of the name if it has chevrons you can get XP from those servers. I don't remember only "non-custom" servers giving XP before this patch.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Keep in mind the 1014 is strictly an upgrade compared to the hunting shotgun (same damage, semi-auto means you can put out rounds faster than the hunting shotgun, takes less time to load two shells than it takes to reload the hunting shotgun, etc.).
Same damage per pellet, but the Hunting Shotgun fires 12 pellets/shot while the 1014 only does 7 pellets/shot. The only thing the 1014 is a strict upgrade from is the pump action. That said the thing I enjoy the most about the 1014 is the tight spread which is really noticeable when you're firing at a group of zeds not right next to you compared to the Hunting Shotgun.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Any goons doing a six-pack? I've got $35 in my Paypal account and I still want to save $10 for something else this week :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Combat Shotgun is laughably heavy, so it should definitely weigh less. There are two 8 weight weapons in the game, the combat shotgun and the FLAMETHROWER. The only things heavier are the 10 weight Evicerator and the king of shotguns itself, AA12.

Even if it weighed as much as the stock shotty, it wouldn't be worth the price of admission. Don't make it reload slower than the stock shotgun. Make it the most damaging shotgun per shell by a clear margin, then we're talking. Still could not beat full auto magdumping with the AA12, but then you'd still have a reason to find it desirable compared the the AA12 or the Boomstick "I fired both barrels and every bit of trash within 20 feet died" Instead of saying "gently caress you, I'm taking the Boomstick, AA12, and a medic pistol. That's better AND costs less!"

If it was actually good all around, then 6 weight would be just fine if you still wanted to prevent people from bringing it alongside the AA12 without the weight+ talent. I am still convinced the only reason the Combat Shotgun weighs so much is so that "We don't want them to be able to carry the T3 and T4 shotguns at the same time without the weight+ talent" Even then, you wouldn't be able to bring anything else but a medic pistol.

EDIT: vv I'm probably thinking of the KF1 combat shotgun again, on the slower reload front. At least by the listed in game numbers, the Combat shotgun does more damage than pump instead of exactly the same now. But that's still not good enough to justify 8 weight and 1,100 dosh. Last I looked in game, the shop lists "25 damage" for the Boomstick, combat, and AA12. The Boomstick and AA12 are both well worth the money all by themselves.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 30, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't reload slower than the pump action in KF2. If it is slower it's not by a noticeable margin.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

year199X posted:

Huh, I didn't even notice the shotgun bug, I just thought I was being bad.

haha, same here. I would sit there thinking drat my aim is really bad right now.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Azran posted:

Any goons doing a six-pack? I've got $35 in my Paypal account and I still want to save $10 for something else this week :v:

What's the GMG price with their discount, if it applies to the six-pack. I'd be interested, depending. Can't afford to buy the thing though.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

I've got one or two left. PM me and we can do the deal :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Insert name here posted:

Same damage per pellet, but the Hunting Shotgun fires 12 pellets/shot while the 1014 only does 7 pellets/shot. The only thing the 1014 is a strict upgrade from is the pump action. That said the thing I enjoy the most about the 1014 is the tight spread which is really noticeable when you're firing at a group of zeds not right next to you compared to the Hunting Shotgun.

For a hunting shotgun, it's got a hell of a spread. The barrels ought to be choked somewhat to tighten the grouping.

But that's just me being a dork.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Capn Beeb posted:

For a hunting shotgun, it's got a hell of a spread. The barrels ought to be choked somewhat to tighten the grouping.

Uhh it's made for hunting Zeds, duh

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Capn Beeb posted:

It'd be really op then

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ramsus posted:

It'd be really op then

As it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Insert name here posted:

Uhh it's made for hunting Zeds, duh

I'm sure somebody at Horzine has lovingly tweaked the spread on the Boomstick spread to be just wide enough to barely scrape the walls of a standard issue Horzine lab hallway. No more, no less :allears: