Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fina posted:

The enemy teleporting is really, really aggressive.

I played a solo game today. Last enemy was a Husk. I ran outside of the hotel to escape him shooting at me, he then walks out of the cafe across the street seconds later.

What the hell? Enemies can be out of sight for as little as a few seconds and then teleport ahead of you.

Husks are up there on the "So I noticed this bullshit teleport" scale due to them being the only enemy with an attack that has such long range, nevermind it lightning you on fire. Of my two most obvious bullshit teleports that stand out in my mind seen, one was a pair of Husks being the final enemies in the wave, backing out of a door, shutting it... and then getting my rear end lit on fire because oh look they are standing on top of the outer wall of the map and shooting down at me now :sigh:

The other standout was just a clot or something, but it stands out because I literally saw them appear out of thin air two feet in front of me. I guess the game was taking too long to have their "Teleport a zed as you round a corner" go smoothly.

Mildly related, how hard would it be to code husks to not attack while they are still standing on top of some unreachable wall or otherwise on the outer edges of the map before they even fully enter it? As a commando it's kind of annoying, but as a support or Zerker all you got to work with to stop them is a pistol when they decide that no, no, they are NOT going to come down and will just keep shooting at you from there until you break line of sight. This has seemed most frequent (or at least, I've happened to notice it most due to the pleasant lighting conditions and amount of such walls) in the Outpost.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Much as I've complained over the lackluster zerk I saw just how vital they are to the current meta I guess? Can't think of another word, I opted to just work on my medic through all my hard games and without fail we'd wipe to scrakes either because we had no zerk or because our zerk was super bad and would either run off by himself, die constantly or piss of scrakes then run away and lead them right into us, I've no doubt if I had been playing my zerk we would have made it to hans a few times at least.

I also found out its a lot easier to parry the scrake again even if he's raging if he gets out of space with one of your hammer strikes, makes circling them much easier but its a lot more pressure on you, parrying is rough when your ping is 80.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I want the game to be really hard, but enemies teleporting is bullshit.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Much as I've complained over the lackluster zerk I saw just how vital they are to the current meta I guess? Can't think of another word, I opted to just work on my medic through all my hard games and without fail we'd wipe to scrakes either because we had no zerk or because our zerk was super bad and would either run off by himself, die constantly or piss of scrakes then run away and lead them right into us, I've no doubt if I had been playing my zerk we would have made it to hans a few times at least.

I also found out its a lot easier to parry the scrake again even if he's raging if he gets out of space with one of your hammer strikes, makes circling them much easier but its a lot more pressure on you, parrying is rough when your ping is 80.

this is why I usually grab the katana if I don't see a zerker and I'm playing medic. Toss the team a healing grenade and tank with hanzo steel and gigantic armor

Circle-strafing also works for scrakes and helps more than shooting them

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 30, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
It was mentioned once earlier in this thread, but the Katana having a special draw attack if you hold down mouse 1 while pulling it out is pretty much the best thing.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Just started playing a bit, only at level 11 with Commando and holy gently caress this game is everything I've wanted it to be :allears: How do goons organize for sessions?

Section Z posted:

Mildly related, how hard would it be to code husks to not attack while they are still standing on top of some unreachable wall or otherwise on the outer edges of the map before they even fully enter it? As a commando it's kind of annoying, but as a support or Zerker all you got to work with to stop them is a pistol when they decide that no, no, they are NOT going to come down and will just keep shooting at you from there until you break line of sight. This has seemed most frequent (or at least, I've happened to notice it most due to the pleasant lighting conditions and amount of such walls) in the Outpost.

I'm stuck with a mental image of a Zerker flailing his weapon angrily at a Husk
"Get the gently caress down here!"
"No gently caress off, I'm not retarded"
"Fight me like a man Zed!"
"How does it feel getting kited rear end in a top hat?!"

I've actually seen a Husk try to run the away from me a few times. He never makes it but it's interesting to see.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FaustianQ posted:

Just started playing a bit, only at level 11 with Commando and holy gently caress this game is everything I've wanted it to be :allears: How do goons organize for sessions?

I'm stuck with a mental image of a Zerker flailing his weapon angrily at a Husk
"Get the gently caress down here!"
"No gently caress off, I'm not retarded"
"Fight me like a man Zed!"
"How does it feel getting kited rear end in a top hat?!"

I've actually seen a Husk try to run the away from me a few times. He never makes it but it's interesting to see.

If they made the Husks taunt you in game as they take shots from spawn ledges, I would be totally cool with it yes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

If they made the Husks taunt you in game as they take shots from spawn ledges, I would be totally cool with it yes.

I think when they go into suicide mode, they should make an attempt to do it near you as opposed to just standing there. It does seem to kill you if you're close though, full health/armor or not.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Skoll posted:

I think when they go into suicide mode, they should make an attempt to do it near you as opposed to just standing there. It does seem to kill you if you're close though, full health/armor or not.

I've definitely seen husks make a dead sprint for the nearest player before doing that

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Skoll posted:

Changing it so their coloration becomes a bright white or blue, and have them run at enraged Scrake speed towards you. That might make them way more terrifying/powerful at suicidal and above though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

I've definitely seen husks make a dead sprint for the nearest player before doing that

I guess I've just seen them get head popped before making an attempt to run at someone. I HAVE had one explode on me but that's because I was too busy dealing with everything else at the time to turn toward it. I didn't think the blast would kill me outright. Then I went SPLAT! with the husk.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fina posted:

The enemy teleporting is really, really aggressive.

I played a solo game today. Last enemy was a Husk. I ran outside of the hotel to escape him shooting at me, he then walks out of the cafe across the street seconds later.

What the hell? Enemies can be out of sight for as little as a few seconds and then teleport ahead of you.

They need maybe 30% more range for distance before they teleport, but I much prefer the teleporting to "last clot gets stuck behind door at the other end of the map and doesn't despawn for two minutes."

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
What does turning on variable framerate do, besides making my framerate plummet for some reason?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I think eventually people will figure out how to bait Husks into doing their suicide attack near a bunch of Scrakes and FPs and that will be a cool and awesome thing

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
You know the door on Outpost that's near the shooting range and leads out to that long path that goes all the way down to the Cafeteria door and the ramp to the garage? Yeah, I had one Bloat follow me out that shooting range door and by the time I got to the cafeteria door he was already in front of me. Fuckers love to teleport.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh yeah, whatever the update did to shotguns, it seems to have fixed the issue I had with the medic shotgun, where the pellets didn't fly out at the right moment. Now I actually hit stuff with it and it's awesome :black101:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
JFC fix the zeds warping up railings and staircases Trip.

Has anyone found a hypersaturated 300 style zed time workshop mod yet?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DeusExMachinima posted:

Agreed. The teleporting is a little crazy. I think it needs to be dialed down A LOT or removed entirely. Also, would it be possible to spawn an entire wave at once?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Chard posted:

I've noticed a thing where zeds will be moving steadily towards me/someone and then when the attack animation starts, they'll teleport closer to their target. It's most noticeable on Gorefasts because well they're fast already, but I've seen grabber zeds do it too. Anyone else seen this?

Noticed this too last night. Gorefasts would start their attack animation out of range, then warp a bit into range. Took me by surprise the first time. Just chalked it up to maybe the server and client being out of sync a bit.

Also:

DeusExMachinima posted:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

buff welding imo

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Make the welder a weapon. Let me weld zed faces together to make even grosser zeds.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Make it the welder from NS2, un-implement door welding but let us use it to fix armour. :thumbsup:

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
I'm already getting bored of KF2. They should be pushing out the other classes already.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Broose posted:

Noticed this too last night. Gorefasts would start their attack animation out of range, then warp a bit into range. Took me by surprise the first time. Just chalked it up to maybe the server and client being out of sync a bit.

Yeah, I saw that happen repeatedly with Scrakes as well. I thought they were teleporting because of my framerate due to max body count experiments but now that I'm hearing reports of other people experiencing it, I'm not so sure.

Also, max body count should totally be an in-game slider option.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Mexicat posted:

I'm already getting bored of KF2. They should be pushing out the other classes already.

Yeah lets rush poo poo out and gently caress everything up!

For all we know they're in the middle of building the 24 weapons. I don't think that's done in a week.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Two things: the hit detection is a bit wonky in a way that is beneficial to Zeds. You can be pretty far away from a given animation and still have it connect. Most notable examples are the Gorefast running swing and Scrake spinning attack.

Not getting XP is an active disincentive towards playing the cool new maps everyone is working on (or rather, porting from Goldeneye) but I guess it's for the greater good atm.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
There's no map white list or black list. All maps are legit for earning XP. Custom maps won't un-rank a server so get out there and try new stuff. I know there's some really awesome stuff being worked on right now by some of the big community mappers from KF1.

It's just custom game modes (like 100 player servers) that are unranked right now.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What's the planned number of weapons for release, by the way? And out of curiosity, any plans for DLC perks a-la Payday 2?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
That aggressive teleport behavior is pretty annoying and the worst reason to get killed. Does the game just break with kiting if that's not enabled or what?

Mexicat posted:

Yeah it's been NINE full days now, this game is basically ancient by now, i can't believe people are still playing it.

I'm sure the devs are sitting on the full game and are just holding out on us. What else is tripwire hiding?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 30, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why go nuts with marathon sessions when the balance is kind of hosed and all progression will be wiped?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Remind me what's the .ini for more dead bodies?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why go nuts with marathon sessions when the balance is kind of hosed and all progression will be wiped?

Gotta chase that instant gratification.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

DeusExMachinima posted:

Remind me what's the .ini for more dead bodies?

KFgame.ini, and then look for MaxDeadBodies

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, ideally it would be because you really enjoy the actual core gameplay of shooting waves of zombies with your team. Not sure if that warrants "going nuts" and a "marathon".

Unless it's crippling OCD causing you to treat this game like an MMO or something? Cause incoming wipe or not, progression really doesn't matter that much.

Require More Fire posted:

KFgame.ini, and then look for MaxDeadBodies
To be specific, i think you need to alter the one in "Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config" since it overrides the defaults in the game directory.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj00bX6t3kA

Not sure if this has been posted, but someone discovered a setting in the .ini files that enables strong as hell aim assist. I'm talking bullets coming out of the barrel at a 45 degree angle aim assist.

I haven't tested it myself, but I think the setting is "bAimingHelp=false" in KFGame.ini

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Azran posted:

What's the planned number of weapons for release, by the way? And out of curiosity, any plans for DLC perks a-la Payday 2?

It sounds like it's going to be ten perks with four weapons per, so at least forty without counting the 9mm or backup melee.

Thus far the only DLC we're pretty certain of is cosmetics, since it looks like the mechanisms are in place to handle tons of characters and clothes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my thoughts on welding from last night: weld whatever you want

if someone really needs a door unwelded they can kill the zombies near it and unweld that poo poo

if the welded door got you killed, tough poo poo I got like 54XP off welding that door

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I really wish that supports had innate weight increase as a part of their class rather than as a perk, since you're going to have an aa12 at some point and that basically gives you the really tactical choice of the pump shotgun or the hunting shotgun as backup weapons and not much else.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Linx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj00bX6t3kA

Not sure if this has been posted, but someone discovered a setting in the .ini files that enables strong as hell aim assist. I'm talking bullets coming out of the barrel at a 45 degree angle aim assist.

I haven't tested it myself, but I think the setting is "bAimingHelp=false" in KFGame.ini

Is that the new Original Doom mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm sure the devs are sitting on the full game and are just holding out on us. What else is tripwire hiding?

Jet fuel can't melt steel doors!

The .ini fixes are in the OP. I think there was another one beyond the bodies, mouse accel, and mouse smoothing but I can't find it in the thread.