Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Agrajag posted:

4chan called they want their memes back.
Tell them I'm in the tub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Hellsau posted:

Oh boy 9.8 best patch:

Plus they're buffing the T30, KV-13, and VK3002Db for some reason.

:getin:

Woohoo

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

Agrajag posted:

North but mostly South are the only viable "lanes" to win a match.

All the """"lanes"""" in the map are incredibly easy to disengage/flank and aren't even close to being as bad as something like mountain pass. I don't get the hate~

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hellsau posted:

Oh boy 9.8 best patch:

MY BODY IS READY

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wonder what the Buff to the IS-8 will be. That tank isn't bad at all, its just not a heavy.

Also not sure what the AMX 13 75 needs I found it very good just as long as you loaded 100% APCR.

Also gently caress removing Komarin, the glorious middle island thunder dome is the best.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 30, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Oh boy 9.8 best patch:

A good patch, except gently caress T30s.

quote:

- All automatic guns can now shoot at 400 meter distance (up from 350)

Welcome to Bofors Land.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Oh boy 9.8 best patch:

Couldn't they have touched all of the missions that require you to sabotage your team's chances to win, why just LT-15?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Wonder what the Buff to the IS-8 will be. That tank isn't bad at all, its just not a heavy.

I have this feeling that the IS 7 and IS 8 buffs are going to be for ground resistance.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

A good patch, except gently caress T30s.

No, gently caress you.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Welcome to Bofors Land.

:chord:, good day to play auto cannons.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

srb posted:

Couldn't they have touched all of the missions that require you to sabotage your team's chances to win, why just LT-15?

absolutely not SS posted:

The following missions will be changed:

LT - 3,4,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
HT - 4,5,7,10,13,14,15
MT - 2,3,8,9,10,12,13,14 (the infamous "set someone on fire" stays)
TD - 9,11,13,14
Arty - 1,3,4,5,7,9,11,13,14 (the mission to damage two enemies with one shot stays but is made easier)

srb
Jul 24, 2007
LT - 3,4,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 is not "LT-15", Hellsau.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

I have been unable to move past "Set fire to a tank a tier higher than you" since February. But I am not bitter. :suicide:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

should also mention this:

quote:

Platoon missions can now be soloed, arty platoon missions that required scouting were changed to be soloable.

and the new temporary game mode thats coming:

quote:

- Each battle takes 10 minutes;
- 15 vs 15 format;
- You can enter the battle only using event vehicles;
- After destroying a vehicle in battle, it can be revived unlimited number of times in the spawn are of your team, after which the players are given the option to select a different vehicle from their garage;
- There are flags located on the event maps, the players have to collect them by driving over them and then carry them in their base;
- The goal is to accumulate a certain number of victory points until the time runs out (150 points to be specific);
- Points are awarded for the following: enemy tank kill - 1 point, capturing a flag - 5 points;
- Battle ends either by one team getting enough points or by the time running out.

There are 6 flags on the map (neutral for both teams) that have to be captured and then carried to the release area. After that, a flag will respawn after some time. If the flag carrier is killed, the flag is dropped and someone else can pick it up. If it stays on the ground for a while, it will despawn and return to the starting position.

and a buff to the following german tanks:

quote:

- Durchbruchswagen 2, Pz.Kpfw. I, Pz.Sfl. IVc, Nashorn, Sturer Emil, VK 30.02 (d)

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 30, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
edit: ^^ I spoke a moment too late

Is this the patch where they remove the platoon requirements?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Prav posted:

LT - 3,4,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
HT - 4,5,7,10,13,14,15
MT - 2,3,8,9,10,12,13,14 (the infamous "set someone on fire" stays)
TD - 9,11,13,14
Arty - 1,3,4,5,7,9,11,13,14 (the mission to damage two enemies with one shot stays but is made easier)

Are these just for the Stug? Or do the changes go up through all the missions? Because some of these T-55 missions are loving ridiculous.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Rincewinds posted:

I have been unable to move past "Set fire to a tank a tier higher than you" since February. But I am not bitter. :suicide:

I don't understand how, it is one of those missions where you just play and it should happen without having to try.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

So I start of the match like I do every Lakeville match, pleading with my team to not go into the valley. This is what I get for my trouble-

Even our decent T34 goes there, because he wants to go hull down :negative:

I remind him he is top tier, but he stays. I try to spot the middle (since literally no one else was), but got pushed back into base by their massive city push. And of course all of our lemmings stalled in the valley and got murdered.

Predictable results.

Pubbies literally hate to win. Instead of learning from this, they all yelled at me to shut up. Because deep down they realize they are loving retarded and don't like it when bad mans call them on it. I hope they all die of rear end cancer.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yyyesss the new LT-15 is looking delicious. Do some spotting in the 13 90 then mop up a couple thousand damage at the end for an easy LT-15

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WayAbvPar posted:

Pubbies literally hate to win. Instead of learning from this, they all yelled at me to shut up. Because deep down they realize they are loving retarded and don't like it when bad mans call them on it. I hope they all die of rear end cancer.

The problem is, they never learn. Nor do they want to.

And they are glue eating retards, that also does not help.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

WayAbvPar posted:

So I start of the match like I do every Lakeville match, pleading with my team to not go into the valley. This is what I get for my trouble-

I remind him he is top tier, but he stays. I try to spot the middle (since literally no one else was), but got pushed back into base by their massive city push. And of course all of our lemmings stalled in the valley and got murdered.

Predictable results.

Shut the gently caress up. Nobody cares about your Type 59.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Agrajag posted:

Shut the gently caress up. Nobody cares about your Type 59.

If you didn't care about it, you wouldn't have posted. Bitter much?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Everyone post screen shots of their Type 59's.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

BadLlama posted:

I don't have a Type 59. :(

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rincewinds posted:

hi i havent played this game in ages and i was only reading this thread by pure chance but i highly recommend the e8 for all your engine fire needs, just shoot at the rear quarter of tigers, t29s, kv-3s, and more

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rincewinds posted:

Is North-West that hated? It could be reworked so that the middle is more appealing for flanking maneuvers but I have never hated that map.

This is baffling. Northwest is legit fun to play. It's not imbalanced and, most importantly, doesn't have any noticeable slope or viewrange traps. There are probably five or six other maps that should be removed completely before Northwest is touched. I'm thinking mostly of the atrocity that is Westfield, but let's also throw Airfield and Erlenberg in there too, and probably Swamp in its current interation. Not saying those last three are always bad and unfun like Westfield, just that they're pretty far from great maps.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

srb posted:

LT - 3,4,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 is not "LT-15", Hellsau.

I'm not your RSS feed. The only details we have on how a particular mission is changing is about LT-15, which is nice because it is actually only possible to complete on one map, and even then you have to get lucky. It is also exactly the change that I suggested would make the spotting missions an actual useful thing instead of a reason to sabotage your team.

Now they just need HE blocked damage to count for HT-15, and to ease the matchmaker RNG missions a bit. Being forced to kill a particular type of vehicle, or a higher tier is fine; being forced to kill higher tier vehicles of a particular type is just entirely up to RNG and promotes toxic play.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BadLlama posted:

I haven't used my Type 59 in months. It's just sitting there unused.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

I don't have a Type 59. :(

You and me both...

:smith::hf::smith:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I still use my Type a lot because my best trained crew is my Chinese medium crew and people still get very mad about types for really no legitimate reason.

I actually have more fun with my T-34-3 though over the Type.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BadLlama posted:

people still get very mad about types for really no legitimate reason.
This is the only reason I want a Type 59. I think it's a pretty loving good reason.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

WayAbvPar posted:

Predictable results.

Just curious, what mods are you using?

Also, are there mods that calculate projected exp in realtime based on a win/loss?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

xthetenth posted:

I haven't used my Type 59 in months. It's just sitting there unused.

I use my Type a lot because my other premiums are the Lowe and the T34 and I hate the T34's gun. The aim time is agonizing, even with gunnery skills and VStab+GLD

I realize the irony given that the Type's gun also has rear end handling, but it's rear end handling for a medium, which is worlds better than the T34 gun handling

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 30, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Also, are there mods that calculate projected exp in realtime based on a win/loss?
I think that might be expected damage, not experience. I have a slightly different mod that shows expected damage and WN8 in real time.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Is it even possible to predict exp at a given point of time? I know it's based on team damage, individual damage, kills, etc. I was thinking maybe there would be a way for a mod to estimate your exp assuming the game ended at any given point. Same for projected income.

Was hoping there was a mod that could show me this stuff in real time.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Grand Finals Tournament paid out, and I got an E-25 without buying it. I knew I made a good decision.

quote:

Congratulations on earning a prize for Grand Finals Countdown.
Your account has been credited with your 16,000 gold, E-25, 5 large repair kits, 5 automatic fire extinguishers and 5 large first aid kits. Thank you for participating!
-Wargaming America eSports

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Is it even possible to predict exp at a given point of time? I know it's based on team damage, individual damage, kills, etc. I was thinking maybe there would be a way for a mod to estimate your exp assuming the game ended at any given point. Same for projected income.

Was hoping there was a mod that could show me this stuff in real time.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits

But really, if you just play good you will get "enough" xp and credits.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BadLlama posted:

I don't understand how, it is one of those missions where you just play and it should happen without having to try.

That is pretty much how I have played it, yet it does not seem to happen. And whenever I actively go around and shot people in the rear end, the fuel tanks seems to be made out of diamonds. I could go full retard and just play Cromwell until it happens, but I rather just have fun playing tanks.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
M4 + HE derp = a firestorm of lit-up gas tanks

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Panfilo posted:

I use many of the mods in the OMC pack ...I don't use any contours or whatever, and the XVM formula is my own adaptation.

and I can't believe someone has that much trouble with setting tanks on fire. I literally do it almost every day.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
I need to start playing this again. Will try to swing some premium time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So my friend just got the T-44 and is awful at it so I was going to go to vbaddict and show that the tank is good but holy gently caress literally everyone that drives the T-44 has to be an aborted fetus.