Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

calusari posted:

so it makes you fatter as you run?

No I think it's supposed to make you never have to eat or expend energy forever. Putting this shirt on will give you INFINITE ENERGY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Alabaster White posted:

No I think it's supposed to make you never have to eat or expend energy forever. Putting this shirt on will give you INFINITE ENERGY

they should make them in children's sizes and maybe save a few korean babies

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I'd pledge if they made a Powerthirst-style ad. Your children will play as fast as KOREANS.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

calusari posted:

so it makes you fatter as you run?
lol like anyone who is a professional starcraft player runs anywhere further away than the toilet

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

lol like anyone who is a professional starcraft player runs anywhere further away than the toilet

real pros play while on the toilet 미국-

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
This sounds like a fun new way to get food poisoning.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
those are some persuasive pledge rewards

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
thanks for the 2 grand, heres a t shirt, a "thank you" and you can see what the app is gonna look like a week before we release it

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Don't feel like cooking? Have random unemployed strangers cook for you with no food safety standards or inspections!

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Enfys posted:

Don't feel like cooking? Have random unemployed strangers cook for you with no food safety standards or inspections!
Oh that sounds like an underserved market that--

What companies are doing, or have done, 'Airbnb for food'? posted:

BonAppetour
Bookalokal
Cook Eat
Cookening
Cookunity
EatWith
EatFeastly
EatInCommon
Gnammo
Kitchit
InHouseCooks.com
Mealsharing.org
MealTango
Melba
NewGusto
SecretDiningHub
Sharingdais.com
Super-marmite
Supperclubbing
SupperShare
Traveling Spoon
Vizeat
VoulezVousDiner
ZipBob

BookofCooks
Foodhost (UK-only)
Gobble
GoGrubly
Gusta
HomeDine | Eating Friends
Housefed
Kitchen.ly
Mealtik
Munchery

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I mean he is even wrong about the fact that there is "so little choice" in takeout food. If I open our food order website here, I have dozens of different choices in what sort of food I want.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
gas this thread

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You first.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nefarious posted:

gas this thread

This thread is pretty okay tho.
Maybe you are the one that should be gassed.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Rosalind posted:

I was at Kickstarter HQ last night. Goddamn they must have a ton of money. I've been to a lot of tech start-up offices and that place was nice even for a tech start-up.

They have the best racket. More or less all they have to do is run a blog, accounts and comments system and let Amazon deal with all the finances.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Carecat posted:

They have the best racket. More or less all they have to do is run a blog, accounts and comments system and let Amazon deal with all the finances.

Yeah, Kickstarter itself don't need to do poo poo. They don't even help promote anything, at best they just put something on the front page.

And then they rake in 5% or whatever out of any project that inexplicably makes millions

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

HJE-Cobra posted:

And then they rake in 5% or whatever out of any project that inexplicably makes millions

Yep, which means they snatched half a million dollars just from Exploding Kittens.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It seems like they entirely gave up on curating projects, which was most of their non-technical work.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Elysiume posted:

It seems like they entirely gave up on curating projects, which was most of their non-technical work.

Yeah, well at this point they can just ride their reputation as the 'reputable crowd funding site', whether it's justified or not.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Maluco Marinero posted:

Yeah, well at this point they can just ride their reputation as the 'reputable crowd funding site', whether it's justified or not.
The sad thing is that relative to Indigogo and friends, that reputation is true.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I'm totally not just trying to get an apple watch you guys!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lol, he seem legit upset that Apple launched a VIP program he can't afford.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Lol, he seem legit upset that Apple launched a VIP program he can't afford.

But there could be TEN people in the Genius Bar queue and these people get moved to the top!

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007

I'll show Apple how it is by giving them the $17,000 they are asking for the watch and then smashing it! Like they seriously give a poo poo after the money is in the register.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

shortstop posted:

I'll show Apple how it is by giving them the $17,000 they are asking for the watch and then smashing it! Like they seriously give a poo poo after the money is in the register.

Even worse, he will still be eligible for the VIP program despite smashing the watch.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The margins on the rose gold watch must be loving insane. It doesn't look like there's even that much gold. Don't most watches at that price have a gold strap? The apple watch has a gold case and gold buckle and that's it.

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Even worse, he will still be eligible for the VIP program despite smashing the watch.

I've always found the "Genius Bar" condescending in the way they deal with people. I can only imagine how his V.I.P experience would go.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
If the gold apple watch is $17,000 why is the goal $29,000? I did't see anything mentioned in the kickstarter.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
It's for the second watch he will not smash

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryandewey/this-is-the-first-true-sea-salt-from-oceans-that-d?ref=video

I don't know what's worse, the idea for the project, having a twitter hashtag of "tastemysalt", or the part where you can order 100 vials of white powder through the mail expecting nothing to go wrong at all.

E: Or "4th wave salt". I don't know what that means.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
So this guy is combining bottled water from different parts of the world with salt from other parts from the world? And then drying it so just the salt remains? Is that's what's happening?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

E: Or "4th wave salt". I don't know what that means.

disdaining the hard work of previous waves of salt by exploiting their progress via selfishly misapplying their established rhetoric

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wandering Knitter posted:

So this guy is combining bottled water from different parts of the world with salt from other parts from the world? And then drying it so just the salt remains? Is that's what's happening?

Yes. Also insert a bunch of words about supply chains. Because that's super important for some reason.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'm reasonably sure that none of it happens. He just buys salt and puts it in vials with labels he printed at work.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Paladinus posted:

I'm reasonably sure that none of it happens. He just buys salt and puts it in vials with labels he printed at work.

I hope he gets fully funded, if only because he'd be successfully milking people with literally nothing better they would have spent the money on.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Paladinus posted:

There's no doubt about it. I was just trying to piece together what he claims he's doing.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

quote:

These salts are for tasting, not for cooking.

quote:

Get first access to new ways of enjoying salt

quote:

It's worth repeating that you can use these salts as tools to help you see the world in new ways

He makes it sound like a drug cover, which is perhaps why a bunch of idiots are willing to spend money on some little tubes of grocery store salt

Enfys has a new favorite as of 11:10 on May 1, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

There's no doubt about it. I was just trying to piece together what he claims he's doing.

I thought it sounded like a foodie thing. Like the salt is going to have all these distinct characters and bodies from (allegedly) being assembled from locations all round the world. Even if he actually does what he says he's doing I bet it just tastes like salt

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Enfys posted:

He makes it sound like a drug cover, which is perhaps why a bunch of idiots are willing to spend money on some little tubes of grocery store salt

Perhaps the salts are actually bath salts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Tasting salt is a thing, but unless he is using and evaporating a huge amount of mineral water I doubt it would make any appreciable difference to the base salt.