Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
also they need to immediately drop the bullshit with extending your arms like minority report. stop it microsoft. stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i want to see the pitch deck where a middle manager waxes poetically on how the logo looks kind of like a face that's laughing and how that will totally engage the millenials

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the logo reminds me of when chuck-e-cheese updated their logo to make the ]rat[/s] mouse hip and cool so they put him on a skateboard, but they didn't want to send the wrong message so they also added a helmet with the net effect of making the mascot look mentally challenged or somehow sick and feeble because he was always wearing a helmet everywhere

that's what the new logo looks like. the IE 'e' wearing a helmet while trying to look hip and with it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Kirk posted:

if you price it the same way garbage android phones are priced, poors living in the worst hovels could have beachside views and wall-spanning televisions
oh good, can't wait for fox news to use it as a reason why poor people aren't really poor

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

official launch of hololens to consumers scheduled for 2016 Futurological Congress

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Linguica posted:

oh good, can't wait for fox news to use it as a reason why poor people aren't really poor

:smug: "You can't be poor! You have a beachside view and wall-spanning television!"
:gonk: <--hungry

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
africa is gonna rule because they skipped laying down copper infrastructure and went straight to wireless and then they're gonna skip rampant consumerism and needing to own 4 televisions and go straight to holographic home furnishings in 2025

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
my house was flattened by a chinese bulldozer so that the vast mineral resources of my home land could be stripped away But I Have A Really Big Virtual Television And A Good Data Plan

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirk posted:

africa is gonna rule because they skipped laying down copper infrastructure and went straight to wireless and then they're gonna skip rampant consumerism and needing to own 4 televisions and go straight to holographic home furnishings in 2025

Makes sense. Nigeria has been putting out more movies than Hollywood for years!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kirk posted:

my house was flattened by a chinese bulldozer so that the vast mineral resources of my home land could be stripped away But I Have A Really Big Virtual Television And A Good Data Plan

please dont predict the future too accurately in yospos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Kirk posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"Analysts at Citigroup see Microsoft Corporation NASDAQ:MSFT, as the primary suitor for the cloud company. The investment bank noted that Microsoft faces direct competition from Salesforce, as they both provide businesses with integrated management software, which helps them manage sales record and other data collection services. By acquiring Salesforce, Microsoft can cement its leading position in the cloud computing business."

I wanna shake the hand of whoever wrote that, it's soem pro tier bullshitting

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
it's shaggar

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gazpacho posted:

"Analysts at Citigroup see Microsoft Corporation NASDAQ:MSFT, as the primary suitor for the cloud company. The investment bank noted that Microsoft faces direct competition from Salesforce, as they both provide businesses with integrated management software, which helps them manage sales record and other data collection services. By acquiring Salesforce, Microsoft can cement its leading position in the cloud computing business."

oh my god

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gazpacho posted:

:gowron:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Gazpacho posted:

makes sense, they gotta strike while the iron is hot with their stock price. after the massive nokia write down expected in july it will probably take a beating

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

Imagine getting paid to make this poo poo up.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pointsofdata posted:

that is literally every tech analyst. i want to know how to get this job

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pointsofdata posted:

one of these people on twitter posted 'lol i get paid six figgies to make this poo poo up u mad' before taking it down

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

graph posted:

one of these people on twitter posted 'lol i get paid six figgies to make this poo poo up u mad' before taking it down

tbf that was a tech analist. completely different

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
LOADING START "MENU"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now that's authentically digital

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Last Chance posted:

I tried the new code app and tried to make the code font size bigger so i did command plus, and it just zoomed in the whole app lol

ms playing catchup to adobe again

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 30, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kirk posted:

so for real though lets talk about the holo lens

right now it's a garbage hypernerd helmet that looks janky as gently caress, but in 3-4 versions when someone more competent is also making hololens hardware and it's down to some lightweight glasses it could be huge

if you price it the same way garbage android phones are priced, poors living in the worst hovels could have beachside views and wall-spanning televisions

this is kind of a big deal imo, but microsoft will probably find a way to gently caress it up really badly

by the time we are at versions 3-4 every sort of cog and sprocket job will be dead for innovation or investment with robotics on the horizon for every hands on task to the point of disrupting even the plumber example in their demo, so the entire developed world category of line-level workers will not receive headsets nor will there be any software development aimed at them

then you have the knowledge workers who a) dont want to mess up their hair with a helmet and b) know the ladder climb value in not being a 'helmet class' of knowledge worker office-keanu mnemonic

so that leaves the c-suite who a) have people to fix their hair for them and b) are so out of touch by 2026 that they'll not have any daily interaction with people that would risk sniggering while they shoot out crystal reports onto the walls and floor of every surface in cavernous executive floors

hololens' leap forward in computing will actually take it back to the original ibm vision for 'a world market for maybe five hololenses'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beeftweeter posted:

LOADING START "MENU"

teh gently caress is this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Captain Foo posted:

teh gently caress is this

when you open the start app with a hololens on it shotgun blasts you in the face with all of your fart apps

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gazpacho posted:

"analysts" more like Ron the idiot intern in a focus group about poo poo they have no idea what theyre talking about

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
pretty much anyone can be a gartner analyst if you pay them

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

LOADING START "MENU"

ur macbook pro looks sick :(

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i work in the tech sector, have an understanding of internal bureaucracies and business, am a fairly 'hip' and 'plugged-in' millennial, and have a degree in literature/writing

i would be the best industry analyst

somebody hire me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

i work in the tech sector, have an understanding of internal bureaucracies and business, am a fairly 'hip' and 'plugged-in' millennial, and have a degree in literature/writing

somebody hire me
as long as you're willing to write reports summarizing analysts dumb ideas 90 hours a week for 5 years then you too can be an analyst

as far as I know it's really just an award for tolerating the culture and crap pay for long enough

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

as long as you're willing to write reports summarizing analysts dumb ideas 90 hours a week for 5 years then you too can be an analyst

as far as I know it's really just an award for tolerating the culture and crap pay for long enough

eh, you've just tune the markov scripts

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

duTrieux. posted:

somebody hire me
congrats you're the new intern

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

ur macbook pro looks sick :(

look how thick it is, that's clearly a powerbook

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
YOSPOS Analyst in Residence