Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They aren't bad per se imo, just immensely boring. Like why doesn't it have some cool gold shadow poo poo on the numbers or stripes on the pants or something.

Yeah, gold accents of any kind (drop shadow, striping, etc.) would elevate these from terrible/boring to at least alright. As is, it's like a really bad ripoff of the Bears throwbacks.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

wandler20 posted:

These are really bad:

These are awful

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Stuff getting leaked on snapchat, what agreat time to be alive.......

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Full photo gallery of those uniforms: http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2015/04/29/football-fashion-49ers-to-unveil-franchises-first-alternate-uniforms/

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

wandler20 posted:

These are really bad:

They have red and gold to work with and they pick black as the primary color? They could have done a super cool white on white with gold like the Saints.

People with certain kinds of color blindness will love these because there isn't much contrast between the numbers and the jersey color.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Arik Armstead is going to look great in this.

:suicide:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Christ those jerseys are super boring.

This was in the email they sent out:

quote:

The San Francisco 49ers introduced a new look to their team uniforms, an alternate version that brings the team’s traditional accent color of black to the forefront as the primary color of the team’s jerseys and pants.
I'm guess a single black line outlining the 49ers logo counts as an "accent color" because they 49ers haven't had black on their jerseys since 2008. Hardly what I'd call "traditional".

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The high res pictures make them look...better, but they are specifically photographed with a black background that works. They won't look that good on a bright green field and they are only so so with professional photography.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as a noted lover of new jerseys and changing poo poo for the sake of changing poo poo, those look like loving garbage

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
Jesus the new 9ers alternates are awful. I wonder why they seriously couldn't incorporate some gold and white into them.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
honestly i'm so thoroughly traumatized by the 49ers offseason that i'm just relieved they put stripes on the pants

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I hate unnecessary black alternates. On a weird note, the Raiders have a gold alternate that they'll supposedly wear.

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/593992477104734209

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aniki posted:

I hate unnecessary black alternates. On a weird note, the Raiders have a gold alternate that they'll supposedly wear.

joke tweet ripping on the 9ers

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Alouicious posted:

joke tweet ripping on the 9ers

I can appreciate that.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

This is one of the few times I'm happy that there is a restriction on the number of games that a team can play with alternate uniforms. As an aside, the 49ers have had an alternate uniform in the past and it was pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as this one. Death to the Nike uniforms.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Aniki posted:

THAT'S the direction the 49ers should have pursued.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't think the black and red jerseys are bad in and of themselves, but they really don't work for the Niners, especially with the helmets staying the same.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Coldforge posted:

Arik Armstead is going to look great in this.

:suicide:

garbo

just like your unis

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ZenVulgarity posted:

garbo

just like your unis

Got a chance to see the uniforms in person this morning, they're actually not bad. Boring as poo poo, but not terrible.

Armstead, however, was a dumb dumb pick. He would have been fine in round two or a steal in round three, but gently caress. At least trade back again and get more picks before wasting your first rounder on a developmental shithead :(

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Some guy on the 49ers subreddit made some small changes:

Not amazing, but certainly better than plain old red-on-black.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I can't wait for a team to wear an entirely Pink uniform for all of October. That'll drive up jersey sales cure cancer!

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Voodoo posted:

Some guy on the 49ers subreddit made some small changes:

Not amazing, but certainly better than plain old red-on-black.

Wow it really speaks to how bland the originals are that such small changes make such a huge impact.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

djdanno13 posted:

Wow it really speaks to how bland the originals are that such small changes make such a huge impact.
My biggest issue (besides just going all black to begin with) is just the complete lack of gold (other than the Nike swoosh) so those address that ok enough. Without it the helmet and uniform just look completely out of place with each other.

Also the Uniwatch guy is a 49ers fan :laugh:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12798826/how-49ers-whiffed-new-alternate-uniform

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

japtor posted:

My biggest issue (besides just going all black to begin with) is just the complete lack of gold (other than the Nike swoosh) so those address that ok enough. Without it the helmet and uniform just look completely out of place with each other.

Also the Uniwatch guy is a 49ers fan :laugh:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12798826/how-49ers-whiffed-new-alternate-uniform

drat, Lukas ripped it apart, that owns. Pretty much said exactly how I felt but way better.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Does anyone have any idea of a TOTALLY LEGAL BY THE BOOKS way to get a Cincinnati Tigers jersey that isn't $200? Or, a throwback Reds jersey from the 30s (literally the same jersey)?

Also, when looking around on that site I saw two thigns Darth Brooks might find pretty cool: A 1928 Duluth Eskimos jersey and a 1926 Rock Island Independents jersey. Both are awesome, but I just love that I saw them and recognized them from your work!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That's awesome. (Both the jerseys and that your recognized them from my stuff) Now if I just had much more cash than I currently have I could get one.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I'd chip in :tenbux: towards a worthy goal of crowd sourcing you a jersey, but you know, goon projects and all that

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Guys, this thread is literally 3 years old. Maybe time for a new one?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

davecrazy posted:

Jerseychat 2015: Nike Edition: Nike Nike Nike Nike

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

davecrazy posted:

2012 will never die in my heart

Jerseychat 2015: Now 5% more orange

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Jersey Chat 201415: *ding* the uniform of tomorrow is ready

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
is there any element of the niners offseason that hasn't been a complete disaster? i didnt follow their draft, did they pick anyone who could conceivably make a difference in an nfl game? did they replace the seats at levi's to beanbags filled with dried dog turds?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If it ain't broke don't fix it. At this point the 2012 is like the charm of the thread, how quaint those days of yesteryear.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

nerve posted:

i cant think of a black and red uniform that isnt awful

It's technically not red but

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
There are some good red and black uniforms in other sports. Bulls and Devils come to mind.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This thread has served for three long years! Three long years of tireless service. That used to mean something. You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away -- a thread is not a piece of fruit!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

95 posts in 3 years... Yeah I think it's fine.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bought a Bo Jackson throwback jersey from Aimee Smith and the sleeves didn't have numbers like the ones posted on the store and on the feedback. Emailed the seller trying to get it corrected

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Intruder or MV should just rename the thread to remove the 2012

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Jerseychat 20XX: Grownass men talkin' fashion 'n poo poo

• Locked thread