Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you have a New 3DS, you can watch this 3D Streets of Rage 2 trailer in 3D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-nm_xKV5ZM

It's out now in Japan, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Any info on new features added?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a mode where players/enemies die on knockdown, and a "quartet" mode (no relation to the arcade game) that forces you to cycle through all the characters in some fashion, I'm not quite sure how that works.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Treebeh posted:

I don't understand. This exact song is in my NA version of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. The cinematic and Impact's design are different though.

That video is from Goemon's Great Adventure which is what he's talking about.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Fry's is doing in-store discounts on eShop cards until April 2 ($20 credit for $16): http://images.frys.com/art/email/promo/2-tue.html#set5

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I keep thinking how cool it would be for Nintendo to put out the Super Star Wars games on Wii U for May the 4th be with you since Steam, PSN, and GoG are all doing Star Wars related sales.

They won't do it though, that'd make too much sense.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That poo poo all belongs to Disney now, they quite happily let GOG have a bunch of PC Star Wars games but the SNES ones seem like a long shot. Plus they all sucked apart from the first one maybe.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Super Return of the Jedi was an alright game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only Star Wars related thing I've ever played is Rogue Squadron 2 which came with my Gamecube and I would buy it on Virtual Console even though I don't really like Star Wars

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Sakurazuka posted:

That poo poo all belongs to Disney now, they quite happily let GOG have a bunch of PC Star Wars games but the SNES ones seem like a long shot. Plus they all sucked apart from the first one maybe.

:getout:

I'm pretty sure Disney is/would be fine with those games getting re-released on the Wii U VC service, since you can still buy them on the regular Wii VC storefront. Also, it's basically free money for them since Nintendo pretty much handles all the re-coding for the VC service.

Disney is far far less retarded about releasing old games on digital distribution services than Lucasarts was. Yes, I know how weird that sentence sounds considering it's about the company that introduced the "Disney vault".

Help Im Alive posted:

The only Star Wars related thing I've ever played is Rogue Squadron 2 which came with my Gamecube and I would buy it on Virtual Console even though I don't really like Star Wars

Factor 5 had a remaster/rerelease of the Rogue Squadron games for the Wii ready to go a few years back but Lucasarts being Lucasarts, stalled and let it die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-X8C_8nJQ4

My secret wish is Nintendo convinced Disney to let them pick it back up again and we'll hear something at E3 about it. Yes, I know EA has the rights to new Star Wars games, but I'd imagine Disney left some legal wiggle room in that contact so they could release older/unreleased stuff if they wanted too through alternative channels.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 29, 2015

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm pretty sure Disney is/would be fine with those games getting re-released on the Wii U VC service, since you can still buy them on the regular Wii VC storefront. Also, it's basically free money for them since Nintendo pretty much handles all the re-coding for the VC service.

Disney is far far less retarded about releasing old games on digital distribution services than Lucasarts was. Yes, I know how weird that sentence sounds considering it's about the company that introduced the "Disney vault".

What took them so long to finally release those games again, if I may ask?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Help Im Alive posted:

That game was on the Wii U. 3's Co-Op mode was great because it was just 2's campaign.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Willo567 posted:

What took them so long to finally release those games again, if I may ask?

Lucasarts being Lucasarts and stalling on stuff because the company's leadership and George Lucas meddled in everything, including really mundane poo poo.

Seriously, that company was so riddled with mismanagement, Disney buying it was the best possible thing that could have happened to it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Handsome Ralph posted:

Factor 5 had a remaster/rerelease of the Rogue Squadron games for the Wii ready to go a few years back but Lucasarts being Lucasarts, stalled and let it die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-X8C_8nJQ4

Factor 5 never did quite get a handle on animating people, did they?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Handsome Ralph posted:

If that were true then where are all the cool old NES/SNES/GB Disney games on the Wii and 3DS VC?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

less laughter posted:

If that were true then where are all the cool old NES/SNES/GB Disney games on the Wii and 3DS VC?

It's not Disney being problematic at this point, it's on Nintendo and how they release stuff on VC. The only involvement Disney has in getting this stuff released on VC is signing off on it, which presumably isn't an issue (or really a big one if it even is) since the games are still up on the Wii VC shop.

Nintendo has to port/code/whatever the games to bring them over to the Wii U eShop. No one else has a hand in that process.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I just really wish awesome stuff like DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Lion King, Tarzan, Mickey's Racing Adventure, various other Mickey games, and so on were on the VC.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

less laughter posted:

I just really wish awesome stuff like DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Lion King, Tarzan, Mickey's Racing Adventure, various other Mickey games, and so on were on the VC.

Yeah I don't know what the hold up. The Ducktales remake is on the eShop, but I would still like the original and sequel a long with Darkwing Duck and other classic Capcom platformers.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's not Disney being problematic at this point, it's on Nintendo and how they release stuff on VC. The only involvement Disney has in getting this stuff released on VC is signing off on it, which presumably isn't an issue (or really a big one if it even is) since the games are still up on the Wii VC shop.

Nintendo has to port/code/whatever the games to bring them over to the Wii U eShop. No one else has a hand in that process.

That's not how VC works - the licensor/IP owner doesn't do the emulation themselves, no, but they absolutely need to be proactive about getting all their own games on the store.

What you're forgetting, aside from the fact that Disney, WB, etc don't really give a poo poo, is that there aren't a lot of games from that era that they own outright, the LA stuff is an anomaly. It seemed like Disney was opening up a little after the HD remakes of Ducktales and Castle of Illusion but nothing interesting has happened since.

Rirse posted:

Yeah I don't know what the hold up. The Ducktales remake is on the eShop, but I would still like the original and sequel a long with Darkwing Duck and other classic Capcom platformers.

It's not worth the investment on the part of the game owners, basically - it takes months/years of negotiation just to work out a licensing arrangement, the IP owner is gonna want their cut (and probably a large advance on royalties), so when you combine that with Nintendo's cut you're basically looking at <50% of $4.99 for each sale, and it doesn't seem like VC games sell as well as people might think, so at some point it's like, why bother?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Sakurazuka posted:

Super Empire Strikes Back was a goddamn delight.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That's not how VC works - the licensor/IP owner doesn't do the emulation themselves, no, but they absolutely need to be proactive about getting all their own games on the store.

What you're forgetting, aside from the fact that Disney, WB, etc don't really give a poo poo, is that there aren't a lot of games from that era that they own outright, the LA stuff is an anomaly. It seemed like Disney was opening up a little after the HD remakes of Ducktales and Castle of Illusion but nothing interesting has happened since.

I'm not forgetting that. Granted Disney needs to be proactive in order for some stuff to happen, but I'm pretty sure at this point, they aren't going to proactively push Nintendo to transfer games Nintendo already has the right to distribute digitally onto the Wii U eShop. Do you think Disney was proactive in asking GoG to distribute any of the LA back catalog? Hell no. At most, they are waiting for Nintendo to make the first move, otherwise it's not worth their time to ask. If Nintendo wanted those games on the Wii U, I have no doubts they could do it without having to spend months or years negotiating for it, the hard part (licensing/negotiation wise) is essentially done.

As far as all the other Disney games go, :shrug: , I agree, Disney and Nintendo probably don't see the negotiations/royalties being worth the hassle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If you have a New 3DS, you can watch this 3D Streets of Rage 2 trailer in 3D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-nm_xKV5ZM

It's out now in Japan, by the way.

"GRAB THE PAW!"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 30):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights (free, requires at least one Amiibo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Character: Mewtwo - €3.99 / £3.59 (3DS) or €4.99 / £4.49 (Wii U/3DS)
    Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within - €9.99 / £7.99
    Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rebels - €2.99 / £2.39
WII CLASSICS ON WII U
    Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies - €14.99 / £13.49 until May 7, regular price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own a digital Kirby game for Wii U/3DS, get Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for €35.99 / £31.49! - runs from May 8-14
    Kirby' Super Star (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £2.74 until May 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - €2.49 / £1.74 until May 7
    Kirby's Dream Course (Wii U VC) - €3.99 / £2.74 until May 7
    Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £3.14 until May 7
    Costume Quest 2 (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until May 7
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.29 until May 7
    Puzzle Monkeys (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until May 13
    Angry Birds Star Wars (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7,49 until May 13
    Angry Birds Trilogy (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7,49 until May 13
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Transformers Prime (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 until May 21
    Family Tennis SP (Wii U eShop) - €3.70 / £2.99 until May 21
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until May 21

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Excave II: Wizards of the Underworld - €10.00 / £8.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Character: Mewtwo - €3.99 / £3.59 (3DS) or €4.99 / £4.49 (Wii U/3DS)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until May 7
    Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (3DS eShop) - €4.89/ £4.39 until May 7
    Kirby's Block Ball (3DS VC) - €1.49 / £1.34 until May 7
    Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - €1.49 / £1.34 until May 7
    Kirby Star Stacker (3DS VC) - €1.49 / £1.34 until May 7
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.29 until May 7
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until May 7
    KORM M01D (3DS eShop) - €12.49 / £9.99 until May 7
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until May 7
    Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 7
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until May 7
    Murder on the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until May 7
    Joindots (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until May 7
    Angry Birds Star Wars (3DS) - €9.99 / £7,49 funtil May 13
    Angry Birds Trilogy (3DS) - €9.99 / £7,49 until May 13
    Moshi Monsters Moshlings Thme Park (3DS) - €14.99 / £9.99 until May 13
    Spongebob Heropants (3DS) - €14.99 / £9.99 until May 13
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (3DS) - €25.99 / £18.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition (3DS) - €25.99 / £18.99 until May 13
    Transformers Prime (3DS - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Art of Balance (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until May 21
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £1.87 until May 21
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until May 21
    Nano Assault EX (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until May 21
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of April 30):

quote:

WII U eSHOP GAMES
    amiibo tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits - free to download, requires at least one amiibo
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. DLC Character: Mewtwo - $3.99 (Wii U) or $4.99 (Wii U/3DS)
    Star Wars Pinball "New DLC" - $?
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Paper Mario (N64) - $9.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until May 7
    Cocoto Magic Circus (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until May 7
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until May 14
    Zacisa's Last Stand (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until May 14
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    Family Tennis SP (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Wii U) - "on sale" until May 31
    Monster High: 13 EWishes (Wii U) - "on sale" until May 31

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - $49.99 (May 5)
    My Horse 3D - Best Friends - $4.99
    Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    KAROUS: THE BEAST OF RE:EDEN - $6.99
    Heart Beaten - $2.99
    Adventure Bar Story (demo)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - $1.99 (available May 1-July 1)
    Mighty Switch Force - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - $19.00 until May 7
    KORG M01D (3DS eShop) - $17.00 until May 7
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until May 7
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $14.99 from May 4-11
    Tiny Games: Knights & Dragons (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until May 17
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until May 17
    Soccer Up! Online (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until May 21
    Art of Balance (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    Nano Assault EX (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until May 21
    How To Train Your Dragon 2 (3DS) - "on sale" until May 31
    Monster High: 13 Wishes (3DS) - "on sale" until May 31
    Young Justice Legacy (3DS) - "on sale" until May 31
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

Just to go over Amiibo Tap again: the app lets you play timed "highlights" of NES/SNES games by tapping amiibo; you only get one game per amiibo, which includes several highlights that can be cycled through by repeatedly tapping, and the game is random.

Sin & Punishment 2 and Paper Mario are both playable on the gamepad, and you can upgrade the Wii version of Paper Mario to the Wii U version for $2, even if you grabbed it as a Club Nintendo freebie.

PAL dudes, note the new Kirby sales: eight games across both consoles, including most of the spin-offs.

Karous 3DS is very loosely based on a cult shmup for Dreamcast/Wii, but it barely resembles the original game and isn't much fun, unfortunately. The same company did weird quasi-sequels of some of their other shmups for 3DS and they only get worse.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 30, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gonna grab that 3D Classic Kirby. Any other Kirby standout on either of the consoles?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Super Star is the definitive 2D Kirby game. The DS remake has some extra stuff and will probably show up on the VC eventually but you won't be able to play co-op on that version, so the SNES version is still worth getting.

All the spinoffs are at least okay, although I don't much care for Pinball Land.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wait, Devil Survivor 2 is out in NA already??

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Does the NA have sin and punishment yet?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

irlZaphod posted:

Wait, Devil Survivor 2 is out in NA already??

Next week.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I thought space hulk was out in NA May 2?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
For those interested in the Amiibo Tap thing, if you intend on obtaining all of the highlights you'll need 30 amiibo. Each one appears to be random but you won't unlock the same game from multiple amiibos.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sweeet, that's just 389.70 dollars and taxes!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

True, if you bought all the games at full price it'd only be $174 in comparison.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Are Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby Star Stacker, and Kirby's Dream Course good?
Aside from Kirby's Avalanche those are the only Kirby games I haven't played and since they are on sale I was just gonna buy them all unless any of them are bad games.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Are Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby Star Stacker, and Kirby's Dream Course good?
Aside from Kirby's Avalanche those are the only Kirby games I haven't played and since they are on sale I was just gonna buy them all unless any of them are bad games.

Dream Course is fantastic and the rest are decent.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

None of them are bad but Dream Course is better then the others.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RMZXAnarchy posted:

For those interested in the Amiibo Tap thing, if you intend on obtaining all of the highlights you'll need 30 amiibo. Each one appears to be random but you won't unlock the same game from multiple amiibos.

But what happens if you scan a 31st?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

jivjov posted:

But what happens if you scan a 31st?

I only have 30. So I couldn't tell you.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - $49.99 (May 5)

Considering I got Overclocked for 15 bucks during a sale, and I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied, I think I'll wait until a sale for this one too, 50 dollars is a pretty hefty price tag for a 3DS game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

There are no bad Kirby games except for Epic Yarn. You can safely buy any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

less laughter posted:

There are no bad Kirby games except for Epic Yarn.

What's it like to have no soul?