Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I've logged in like once since November and I still get the occasional email or message from people I played with to go back. I don't get how you can still be invested in this game unless you sunk SC levels of money into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deki posted:

I've logged in like once since November and I still get the occasional email or message from people I played with to go back. I don't get how you can still be invested in this game unless you sunk SC levels of money into it.

SC?

Also I'm still enjoying it a lot. So many ways to torment everyone.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

tatersyum posted:

Simple answer: Don't.

Are pirating really that bad?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it takes out the few fun parts of Archeage and substitutes them with being poor and everyone hating you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can grind for faster swim speed tho :downs:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I thought they announced you'd lose your swim speed titles if you left pirate faction now.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

not sure. i wish they'd fix pirate someday (they won't) because in theory it sounds really awesome, it's just sooooo bad right now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I thought they announced you'd lose your swim speed titles if you left pirate faction now.

lmao this sounds exactly like something they'd do

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Now there's a chevo for going pirate though. It looks like there is one for coming back too. Gotta get those cheevos.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

cheev my rear end

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Star citizen.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A Spider Covets posted:

cheev my rear end

Hey, this is MY pickup line.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Looks like they finally removed all the houses from Freedick island. With "compensation" that apparently got some people upset!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?183010-Reminder-All-properties-on-Freedich-Isle-are-being-reclaimed-on-April-28!

Also, there sure are a lot of butthurt posts on the official forums about roadblocks:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?184366-Trion-Why-allow-support-road-blocks-or-bridge-barricades-when....(Loss-of-a-player-spending-anymore-money)

DIY Post on blockading that also got a few nice replies:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?181837-How-TT6-Blocks-Bridges-(with-DIY-Screenshots)

This has been your forum safari for today!

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Tractor blockades have been a thing for a full year now and it's still great when people complain about it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

LegionAreI posted:

Also, there sure are a lot of butthurt posts on the official forums about roadblocks:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?184366-Trion-Why-allow-support-road-blocks-or-bridge-barricades-when....(Loss-of-a-player-spending-anymore-money)

From that post...

quote:

I have spent in my time playing this game a few grand(which is alot to most people and not alot to some)and the only way i know how to make my point is to no longer spend cash on this game.

lol

To some people a couple thousand dollars is "not alot" to spend on an MMO!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Christ. I only spent a couple hundred and felt like I got burned. Kinda mind boggling that some people have a couple thousand in disposable income for a single game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

From that post...

lol

To some people a couple thousand dollars is "not alot" to spend on an MMO!

Doing napkin math, if you played vanilla wow from release and bought every expansion when they released you'd have spent about $2070 so far. So there are people who have given AA more money than blizzard for less than 10% of the same time period of game.

This doesn't take into account blizzard's own cash shop, but my guess is most people have spent less than 500 dollars over the course of their entire account life in wow on character transfers and poo poo like that, and there is a significant portion of people who play AA and gave them "a few thousand" which, to me, could be more than $3k. :allears:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm at like $400 spent on AA counting Patron since the start and Archeum Founder.

Eh, whatever, it's fun, and video games are still my least expensive hobby.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This is sounding a lot like an AA meeting except everyone's still in denial about their problem.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm at like $400 spent on AA counting Patron since the start and Archeum Founder.

Eh, whatever, it's fun, and video games are still my least expensive hobby.

same

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Bukowski posted:

This is sounding a lot like an AA meeting except everyone's still in denial about their problem.

I spend $350 every couple months on motorcycle tires. Staying in and going P2W on Korean MMOs is still cheaper.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
at least it's cheaper than meth right guys

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thunderbro posted:

at least it's cheaper than meth right guys

Meth is way cheaper.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

Meth is way cheaper.

:yikes:

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Whenever someone justifies wasting money on crap by saying they make/have enough to not care, it means they are either delusional lower middle class or rich kids. Actual rich people are insanely cheap and wouldn't spend 3k on a game at gunpoint, let alone on a whim-- no matter how much they liked it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I sat down and worked out eaxctly how much I spent on wow being subbed for 9 years + expo boxes. Roughly 1850 USD because I was paying in 6 month blocks for the discount. Then you factor in the free copy of Diablo 3 they gave me and all the money I turned over on the RMAH and I am back under 1 grand.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

ruffz posted:

Christ. I only spent a couple hundred and felt like I got burned. Kinda mind boggling that some people have a couple thousand in disposable income for a single game.

I was F2P the whole time I played and still feel like I deserve a refund.

The game can be interest. If the servers are online when you want to play.

Whats with having to make deliveries and poo poo. Honestly a buddy recommend it to me and I will not be taking gaming advice from him anytime soon.

If they can start to get things working the way the developers think its working I might come back. Or just to kill and steal everything.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

I sat down and worked out eaxctly how much I spent on wow being subbed for 9 years + expo boxes. Roughly 1850 USD because I was paying in 6 month blocks for the discount. Then you factor in the free copy of Diablo 3 they gave me and all the money I turned over on the RMAH and I am back under 1 grand.

I've been playing UO since the Stone Age... I mean Second Age, I don't even want to consider it.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Doing napkin math, if you played vanilla wow from release and bought every expansion when they released you'd have spent about $2070 so far. So there are people who have given AA more money than blizzard for less than 10% of the same time period of game.

This doesn't take into account blizzard's own cash shop, but my guess is most people have spent less than 500 dollars over the course of their entire account life in wow on character transfers and poo poo like that, and there is a significant portion of people who play AA and gave them "a few thousand" which, to me, could be more than $3k. :allears:

Yeah I've probably spent about 500 on WoW, but I didn't play the middle 3 of the 5 expansions. Likely a pretty similar number in LOTRO, but that's over the course of 8 years. I spent about $220 on AA to play for about 2 months after launch, now it's uninstalled and will stay that way.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

ruffz posted:

Yeah I've probably spent about 500 on WoW, but I didn't play the middle 3 of the 5 expansions. Likely a pretty similar number in LOTRO, but that's over the course of 8 years. I spent about $220 on AA to play for about 2 months after launch, now it's uninstalled and will stay that way.

I think we can all be proud that at least one goon learned a lesson from all of this. And it wasn't BFM.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is arenzeb just a Forestcrow farming shitshow at this point? It doesn't get any of the chatter that other servers get and that's what people imply.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
Pretty much, yes.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Heya i just installed this.

What class is pretty good for pvp skirmish and small scale pvp? Thats what i want to do.

Thanks in advance.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 3, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FunkyFlashman posted:

What class is pretty good for pvp skirmish and small scale pvp? Thats what i want to do.

Thanks in advance.

The unistall wizard is the best thing in the game

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Byolante posted:

The unistall wizard is the best thing in the game

:agreed:

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

FunkyFlashman posted:

Thanks in advance.

standard answer would probably be daggerspell, primeval, or darkrunner.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I downloaded this again today, not sure why. I played at launch and got to level 7. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere doing some dumb quests. I really just want to go get on a boat and attack people. Do I need to be level 50 to do that? Does it take long to get there? It seems like the OP says most of the goon guilds are dead, will I have goons to play with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The goon guilds are dead and the thread is 99% poo poo. That said, the 1.7 patch appears to be awesome and should have been what the game launched with. You can get on a boat and attack people right now. They will destroy you, of course.

• Locked thread