Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wait hold on, so Goonfleet hasn't even said they're coming to PS2, what's this guy complaining about? GOON and GOKU? Compared to H1Z1 the opportunities for trolling in PS2 are nil. Death means nothing, you can't take anything from anybody, everything is pretty much freely available to everyone, it's an FPS which is like the opposite of EvE, etc etc

I'm looking forward to some more coming over to try PS2 out potentially though. Look at the pubbie reaction now, imagine when Goonfleet outfit tags start popping up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Remember NS7 or NSX or whoever that was? Seriously triggered by experiences with goon fleet and blamed frza for ruining both eve and ps2. I'm sure we'll see even more.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Suggest we start throwing some 'the mittani sends his regards' into yell just to see if we can trigger anyone.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Arghy posted:

Suggest we start throwing some 'the mittani sends his regards' into yell just to see if we can trigger anyone.

I think the ideal would be sending it to people you kill with A2A missiles.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can't wait for someone to try to cajole one of the 3 PS2 subforum mods who are goons into banning goons from the subforum preemptively.

Also it seems like pubbies have a really hard time grasping the concept of altfits

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Klowns posted:

Bring it to a Biolab, you can cover-shoot the UBGL faster than a Heavy can fire rockets since he actually has to aim and you can hip fire, by your second shot you'll know the height to fire your shots from. First day I unlocked it I got about seventy kills an an hour at a 96v96 Biolab fight with maybe ten kills actually from bullets, which are laser-accurate. The best use of it is when you hear a MAX coming but if you find a bit of cover it should get you a decent amount of kill assists when you've got four to six guys shooting out of windows in one of those a small rooms.

MAX chat:
I haven't noticed any more MAXs on then normal, but Cobalt seems to feel the same way about MAXs as they do about Medics, I normally see one or two at a big fight. I'll usually find one good fight a day when I can pull a MAX, normally at a tower since it gives me good opportunity to switch from AA to AV to AI. I've been playing with Fractures lately and while they tend to be poo poo for any Infantry within 30m they can do some sick things in lockdown, I killed two Sunderers, two Lightnings and a Vanguard all grouped up since one of the Sunderers was an ammo bus in under two minutes.

The hipfire has a significant dispersion cone, particularly while moving. Enough to entirely miss infantry or a vanu max if you're unlucky(ADS with the UBGL is flawlessly accurate though). I know because that's pretty much what I used it for when I first got it, and I definitely did not get 70 kills in an hour in that biolab fight with rifle grenades- I was using stickies- and actually I get more kills when using smoke to cover me while I shoot bullets(and throw stickies) at people.

When did you get the UBGL?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Denzine posted:

The hipfire has a significant dispersion cone, particularly while moving. Enough to entirely miss infantry or a vanu max if you're unlucky(ADS with the UBGL is flawlessly accurate though). I know because that's pretty much what I used it for when I first got it, and I definitely did not get 70 kills in an hour in that biolab fight with rifle grenades- I was using stickies- and actually I get more kills when using smoke to cover me while I shoot bullets(and throw stickies) at people.

When did you get the UBGL?

I have had the issue when shooting at extreme range the grenade just fizzles out of existence but I've never seen any inaccuracy hip-firing with it, my main use is when I pop into a room and see a MAX or a few guys inside I'll pop back out and switch to the UBGL for my opening shoot, or when chasing somebody and they go inside I'll put a shot just in the doorway to see if they are hugging the wall just inside waiting for me.

I think I unlocked it about a month ago, so sadly missed the pre-nerf days, but it's already my #3 weapon, all as an engie so with an ammo pack at my feet so I can spam grenades.

For the Biolab I was at the teleport room facing their spawn by A point and just lobbing them over the wall at their spawn or picking off LA on the balcony or roof of A trying to C4.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The maximum range is about 150 meters on level ground- I did a little experimenting the other day at the Indar warpgate- and the hipfire dispersion at that range is really obvious. But ADS is perfectly accurate.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Desideratus posted:

a garbage-tier server for bottom-feeding troglodytes, which I guess explains a lot about your posting

wowza

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Arghy posted:

this is a thing i'm not going to do, ever. you shouldn't either.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
now I really wanna do it

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

yeah when the UBGL stopped being a OHK on basically everything except maxes all the fun went out of it for me, lucky I got like 2000 kills and my first 60 levels out of it

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Zsinjeh posted:

now I really wanna do it

please don't

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I can't wait for someone to try to cajole one of the 3 PS2 subforum mods who are goons into banning goons from the subforum preemptively.

Also it seems like pubbies have a really hard time grasping the concept of altfits

Some people still hate when we play FRZA because of this stupid belief that you must remain 100% committed to one faction forever.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

sitchelin posted:

Some people still hate when we play FRZA because of this stupid belief that you must remain 100% committed to one faction forever.
Oddly enough, almost all of them are TR. "How dare you come here and make us look competent!"

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

quote:

The Vulcan is mediocre at best compared to Enforcer or Saron, TR MAX AV and Heavy ES AV for TR is face palm underpowered status, and Anchormode refuses to work consistently due to server side. The Prowler on the other hand is not boring. In roughly an hour yesterday me and my gunner destroyed so many Liberators, Valkaries, ESF's, Vanguards, Battles Buses, and Lightnings that I made a little over 400 certs as an AP Prowler. The Prowler is still fun.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Is anyone having lag on Emerald right now? Maybe it's 'cause I'm an EU guy but I'm getting a lot of jumping right now, which sucks, can't hit poo poo.

Secondly, what platoons are usually the most fun for NC?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

now I really wanna do it

:agreed:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Desideratus posted:

Oddly enough, almost all of them are TR. "How dare you come here and make us look competent!"

Its the milsperg. They're treating this online fake not real shooter game like its real life and you know, RL soldiers don't just change sides willy nilly

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Emerald v. Briggs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Desideratus posted:

Emerald v. Briggs

It's a shame the producer ended up going with a dingo eating it instead

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like Briggs made some pretty questionable decisions in the opening, but from what I'm seeing so far is just about every base we took or defended was because our Sunderer game was just ridiculously, absurdly on point and we were a human wave of infantry

@ 50:45
http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles/v/4626775

I had NO IDEA the timer got that low, I was just EMPing the poo poo out of the B point and hoping for the best

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!
Today was my first ever time using a slug max... Sorry KV, but i'm out. Where can I sign up for freedom?

Also, I cyclone'd all those lag wizards over and over... what a massacre

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mustarde posted:

Today was my first ever time using a slug max... Sorry KV, but i'm out. Where can I sign up for freedom?

Also, I cyclone'd all those lag wizards over and over... what a massacre

I was loving it so long as I could be aggressive, otherwise you end up eating a rocket at the same time you see the fucker peek. Thankfully, I am absolutely insanely aggressive in my MAX. My favorite move by far though was bouncing a corner and dumping 3 SAW rounds into somebody's head and watching them get clientsided.

And yeah the SlugMAX is just the greatest. Soooo much fun and it's a style of fighting that isn't really available anywhere else in the game. Closest thing would be maybe a Bulldog.

Mostly, I was EMPing the poo poo out them right ahead of big infantry pushes and sticking dildars in odd places, and loved every minute of it. What the hell is wrong here I'm playing infil 90% of the time and enjoying it and Mustarde is talking about the #SLUGLYFE

edit - this Briggs guy is about to get loving keelhauled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS0Eziar8iw

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 3, 2015

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

My best moment of the match

http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles/v/4626775?t=1h15m5s

Listen to what the Australian guy is saying about Nasons

My perspective: https://youtu.be/8CZXrRBXk1k?t=1h5m

Unclean009 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 3, 2015

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Real sorry about not answering the PM and the steam IM, I was actually asleep.

Glad to see you guys beat the snot out of Briggs with 69% though.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Unclean009 posted:

Why can't i hear any sound on the twitch stream?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

e: ^^^ It's muted, Arghy. You got to click the speaker icon to turn on the sound.

Unclean009 posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles2/b/655614970?t=1h13m40s

^^^ Here's the view of the whole thing.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Is anyone else having issues with the weapons tab on their Planetmans thing? Looks like DBG properly hosed up a DB migration...

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618035589553/weapons

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Clamps McGraw posted:

Is anyone else having issues with the weapons tab on their Planetmans thing? Looks like DBG properly hosed up a DB migration...

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618035589553/weapons

Huh, I have 480% accuracy with C4, pretty sure that's new.

two-thirds
Apr 16, 2014
oops

two-thirds fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 4, 2015

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Saw a valk rocking striker heavies on today, looked like it was going pretty well. Anybody tried it?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Bob Wins posted:

Saw a valk rocking striker heavies on today, looked like it was going pretty well. Anybody tried it?

GOKU does this all the time on TR nights.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
drat shame that phoenix valk sucks the D and that the lockon time for the AA launcher is too long when the valk is rolling around, i wanted NC flying death wagons so bad.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

Bob Wins posted:

sitchelin posted:

GOKU does this all the time on TR nights.

I often am the mad pilot for these excursions. It sort of works, and certainly has novelty going for it. It is the strongest way of doing an anti-air valkrye.

It has one major weakness that can't be helped however: It's still a valkrye. :soe:

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
I kinda miss the a2a skyknights bc now i seem to get farmed way more in small 1-12 fights by lib crews with a +4 kdr.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I managed to get some pretty loving good farm on my NC character last night during the indar alert. I was a gunner for a vanguard, he had the shotgun cannon thing, I forget the name. I ended up 14 kills up before I died. Then ruined it all in my Lib.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

I kinda miss the a2a skyknights bc now i seem to get farmed way more in small 1-12 fights by lib crews with a +4 kdr.

I'm so sorry, friend.

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
there were so many honk libs in small fights today. i got p pissed at one on amerish this morning, they were shutting down every single infantry fight in the continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

Really because the air game is way more healthier with average skill pilots spending more time in the air now that the turbo sperg gank squads are no longer killing everything in the sky. The death of skyknights was one of the best things for PS2, now we just need to make a balance pass on HA's and max suits and you'll have a much more friendly environment for new players.

Reduce max AI DPS by 50% and max AV damage vs infantry by 90%. Give the HA shield a 2 second wind up and allow EMP grenades to destroy medkits but not resto kits.

• Locked thread