Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

A lot of the real battles nowadays are being fought and won at the state level or lower. Congress being what it is, national politics are a dead end for getting anything progressive done for the next several years at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Man what a terrible page snipe

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

z0glin Warchief posted:

A lot of the real battles nowadays are being fought and won at the state level or lower. Congress being what it is, national politics are a dead end for getting anything progressive done for the next several years at least.

I'm down for some real battles if poo poo keeps going south in this country.

Glenn Zimmerman
Apr 9, 2009

-Misfit- posted:

bernie inferno

bern this motherfuker down

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

z0glin Warchief posted:

:justpost: we got a quota to make

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

gently caress the Republic. posted:

:justpost: we got a quota to make

Seriously though what is up with some of these smilies :poolgirl:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

gently caress the Republic. posted:

I'm down for some real battles if poo poo keeps going south in this country.

something something Bern the South

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Must be Bernmentum

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

It is time.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

let's bern this god drat country to the ground

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

z0glin Warchief posted:

Wrong. The Supreme Court is likely to legalize gay marriage soon.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Somebody already made this joke, but I like "Bern Notice"

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

Any page snipe in this thread is a good snipe. More shitposts for Bernie!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

z0glin Warchief posted:

totally undersanderble

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

z0glin Warchief posted:

the media is going to have a field day when he serves hillary a nice slice of her own rear end in a debate.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Chamale posted:

Wrong. The Supreme Court is likely to legalize gay marriage soon.

This is true (though I think in large part due to the massive gains that have been at the state level over the last few years).

And all the more reason to vote Bernie--can you imagine what sort of SCOTUS appointments he would make? :allears:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I really want to see Bernie in a debate with Hillary

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
I hear Bernie challenged Milton Friedman to fight while at Univ.Of Chicago. Friedman chickened out and fled to South America because he was so scared of the Sandman putting him to sleep. Permanently.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Senator Bernie Sanders Exposes Illuminati
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXimqOpSV9M

Glenn Zimmerman
Apr 9, 2009
My name is Bernie Sanders and I used to be a senator until

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
bernie sanders: hard, or hardest?

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

you irl posted:

bernie sanders: hard, or hardest?

hardester(est).

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
when it's time to bern

bernie will always bern hard

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

petition to rename gbs to the bern ward

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

jarofpiss posted:

petition to rename D&d to the bern ward

they've earned it more.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Don't quit "the pot" Bernie.

no youre a liberal
Mar 28, 2009

our future
really makes u think.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
han shot first

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Quantum Finger posted:

post ITT every time there is no reason to vote for hillary clinton

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

Quantum Finger posted:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the news outlets will be faced with a difficult choice between their orders to marginalize coverage of bernie sanders and their undying love of terrible puns for headlines. enter the sand-man

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

the news outlets will be faced with a difficult choice between their orders to marginalize coverage of bernie sanders and their undying love of terrible puns for headlines. enter the sand-man

his infinitely punnable name may just be the edge this country needs for real reform...

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Quantum Finger posted:

still no reason

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
i have a fever and it can only be cured by more bernie

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

City of Tampa posted:

Hillary going basically unopposed by the left and cruising into a coronation would cause some problems, a lot of people would split off and go third party or not vote at all. It would be similar to 2000. Especially if the Republicans pick someone that isn't immediately identifiable as a crazy person, like Jeb for example.

Hillary's not going to let us voters gently caress this up for her. If the left needs a nod before they get scorned and ignored for 8 years, Hillary is willing to let that nod be the symbolic and non-threatening candidacy of Bernie Sanders.

so what you are saying is bernie will make everyone feel better about electing another rightwing democrat to gently caress america for another 4 years

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

Broken Machine posted:

Most of the problems in the world today are due to overpopulation; if we suddenly had a thousandth of the population most of those problems would disappear. Admittedly the near-term poisoning of the atmosphere and loss of biodiversity would present significant challenges, but the best road forward for humanity and the health of the planet may be a nuclear holocaust or other mass extinction event. All I'm saying is maybe it'd be like burning a forest every once in a while so it can start anew, maybe it'd work out okay. :shrug:

This statement, and its various extrapolations, are inherently false. What you perceive as 'over-population' is the operation of the capitalist system, wherein vulnerability and poverty are essential resources for the maintenance of marginal production advantages. If 9/10 of the world's population disappeared, there would be widespread ecological destruction as existing infrastructure and hazardous containment facilities degraded. The global food system would collapse, as would all international trade. The 'problems' you see are inherent in the current arrangement, and have nothing to do with the sheer number of human beings involved. If this were so, we wouldn't have had all the same problems at the beginning of the century (even if we didn't know about them), when the population was halved. Likewise, other civilizations wouldn't have had them, when their populations were fractions of today's number.

We have enough food, water, electricity, and walls to house and maintain the health of everyone. We choose not to so that people can wear sweatpants in Starbucks while staring at cat videos on their watches, and CEOs can crash yachts for fun. The very concept of overpopulation is a fatalistic forfeit in the struggle for social justice and human decency, and an accession to the defamatory claims of the current power structure towards those who exist in penury to serve their whim.

As such, I am burnin for Bernie.

Edit: We also have the technology to maintain current population levels in a sustainable fashion, if significant shifts in production and distribution of goods - primarily food - were to occur. Thus it is perhaps better to think of our current problems not as ones of 'over' population, but of populations unable to successfully access available avenues for adaptation and systemic re-organization.

Fasdar fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 2, 2015

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Quantum Finger posted:

post ITT whenever its "gently caress the koch bros o'clock"

i woke up and looked at my clock this morning and was like "oh poo poo it's gently caress the koch bros o'clock already!!!!"

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
also shitpost:

If Bernie were elected, and his health declined, would we be comfortable with a cybernetically augmented president? Who would be the contractor that builds his robot body? What particular defensive/offensive capabilities would the American people like to see in a robot president?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fasdar posted:

What particular defensive/offensive capabilities would the American people like to see in a robot president?

All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fasdar posted:

also shitpost:

If Bernie were elected, and his health declined, would we be comfortable with a cybernetically augmented president? Who would be the contractor that builds his robot body? What particular defensive/offensive capabilities would the American people like to see in a robot president?

• Locked thread