Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Yeah I've played MM a lot and never have I felt the need to buy my way up the progression ladder.
It's just a very well put together game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Looks like that Marvel ARPG launched in the US. It didn't happen to get a patch rolling back the gross grind people were talking about during the soft launch, did it? :pray:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Anyone else here play WWE Immortals? I was surprised to not find it on the recommended list.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

FadedReality posted:

Looks like that Marvel ARPG launched in the US. It didn't happen to get a patch rolling back the gross grind people were talking about during the soft launch, did it? :pray:

It might have. I mentioned earlier in the thread that they had increased the difficulty to the point that the first wave in a level completely slaughtered me, but playing the same level again a few days later I had no troubles finishing it.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Does anyone have any tips for Motorsport Manager? In the few management games I've played before I've always liked focusing on my junior league to raise my own rookies, but in this one I feel like it's a trap. I had to level up the junior league to 4 before it got close to the second tier free agents, and that is a LOT of money sunk into it. I know I can use them for basically 1/4 the salary of a free agent, but that doesn't seem worth it unless you play the game for decades in-game, and over that period you have made enough money that it doesn't matter anyway.

I was also struggling in the second tier, so I went back to the first one to wreck people with my ~63 stat drivers. Apparently there is a balancing factor put into your car stats, because my ~63 second tier drivers have been doing about as well as my ~40 first tier dudes I had before I gave them the boot. Also the prize money and sponsors give peanuts so I'm losing money every month if I don't place. This smacks of the "everything levels with you" poo poo that made me stop playing Oblivion.

Definitely worth 30 cents, though. Just some weird stuff going on that I haven't figured out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh hey! Here's that Walking Dead game I beta tested and totally could't tell you guys about but did anyway! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scopely.headshot

It's pretty loving solid. Give it a shot.

Edit: your first pull is ALWAYS Harlan. He's solid but replaceable later on. Only given as a freebie because he's a rare healer.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2015

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Oh hey! Here's that Walking Dead game I beta tested and totally could't tell you guys about but did anyway! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scopely.headshot

Not available in Canada :(

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Not available in Canada :(

Or... the US?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Yay it's available in Australia!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm US and downloaded it?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I'm US and downloaded it?

"This item isn't available in your country." :confused:

I'm in Washington state, which is almost Canada? Not quite though, last I checked.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

I'm in the US, and it says it's available but not compatible with a Note 3 or 10.1...

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Does anyone have any tips for Motorsport Manager? In the few management games I've played before I've always liked focusing on my junior league to raise my own rookies, but in this one I feel like it's a trap. I had to level up the junior league to 4 before it got close to the second tier free agents, and that is a LOT of money sunk into it. I know I can use them for basically 1/4 the salary of a free agent, but that doesn't seem worth it unless you play the game for decades in-game, and over that period you have made enough money that it doesn't matter anyway.

I was also struggling in the second tier, so I went back to the first one to wreck people with my ~63 stat drivers. Apparently there is a balancing factor put into your car stats, because my ~63 second tier drivers have been doing about as well as my ~40 first tier dudes I had before I gave them the boot. Also the prize money and sponsors give peanuts so I'm losing money every month if I don't place. This smacks of the "everything levels with you" poo poo that made me stop playing Oblivion.

Definitely worth 30 cents, though. Just some weird stuff going on that I haven't figured out.

I'm not 100% sure there's a balancing thing happening but I want to say yes. After I finish the first tier 1 racing series I decided to just farm the other tier 1 Series for some easy cash. I went in with guys that were placing first and second by the end of the first series ( thanks to using my Google bux on a few million extra cash) and they're right back to placing somewhere between 5th and 9th even when using the recommended optimal setup for the track.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hmm wonder if it has to do with the beta app on my phone. When I installed it patched before it let me in. There's others playing but I didn't bother to ask their nationality. When you get access though, it's worth a look!

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

foutre posted:

I'm in the US, and it says it's available but not compatible with a Note 3 or 10.1...

not compatible with Note 4, Tab S 10.1, or Nexus 7 2012 as well

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kid posted:

not compatible with Note 4, Tab S 10.1, or Nexus 7 2012 as well

I have it on my S4 and Nexus 10.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

New Leaf posted:

Edit: your first pull is ALWAYS Harlan. He's solid but replaceable later on. Only given as a freebie because he's a rare healer.
Not in USA. Reviews all sound like its busted.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I don't know if anyone else is playing EA Sports UFC Mobile but I wonder if anyone has managed to successfully execute a takedown in a fight? The QTE for it seems almost impossible to land, and I was wondering if there's some kind of trick I'm missing.

Otherwise I'm finding it to be a surprisingly decent game, though it probably could do with a create a fighter mode.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 2, 2015

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Anyone else here play WWE Immortals? I was surprised to not find it on the recommended list.

It's really kind of shallow. As far as mobile "fighting games" go, Marvel Contest of Champions is much better.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

FadedReality posted:

They didn't put it back to where it originally was, but close to it.

Make no mistake, it's still grindy as gently caress. It's just they changed the difficulty.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

How much PvP is in it? I'm not a big fan of the games where you lose all your resources because you went to sleep.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

How much PvP is in it? I'm not a big fan of the games where you lose all your resources because you went to sleep.

Not much, get attacked and you get a 24 hour shield from future attacks unless you go out and cause trouble yourself. There's a limit to how much they can take from you but I don't know how that's calculated. Resources aren't super hard to come by though.

I don't know what to tell you guys that can't get on, maybe it's just the beta thing. I put it on my tablet that I never installed the beta on and it works fine. Chat does sound like a lot of Aussies though so I don't know what's going on. It may be tied to my Gmail account somehow.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Not avaliable in my country (us )

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I had some time so I thought I'd jot stuff down for people who CAN play. When it is available to everyone, I will self-quote. For the record, I've experienced zero crashes. Not sure what the reviews are talking about.

-You have to equip consumables on your "Edit Team" window. This is only because there's 5 slots, but lots of consumables. Only have to do it once for things like health replenishment supplies, even if you're at 0 it will hold the slot until you get more.

-On that same note, weapons are equipped by TEAM, not CHARACTER. You can make 3 teams, but you have to re-equip weapons if you remove someone from that team. If you want a different team with a different character, you can give them the same weapon you gave someone else. This is handy if you want to make an anti-walker team, an anti-human team, and an anti-player team. You choose which team is on "Raid Defense".

-Pay attention to your "team leaders". Some have much better leader powers than others.

-Don't bother leveling up scrubs under 3 stars. Even one of the dudes you start with is 2-star, you can junk him and he'll still show up in cut scenes. To level up characters, you basically combine them with a bunch of low tier characters. It's a weird system for a realistic game, but meh.. gotta do something with all the scrub survivors you find.

-When leveling, characters will give a bonus for combining them with characters of the same "type". Some of these are Peacekeeper, Leader, Rebel, Citizen.. and these seem to have no purpose other than leveling. If you happen to find someone who is exactly the same (Lily with a Lily, Harlan with a Harlan, etc), you get a much bigger leveling bonus, but don't sit around and wait for this to happen. Just throw everyone together, but tyr to combine the scrubs of the same type with your actual team members of that type. There is a +% chance to leveling up a character's "Adrenaline Rush" (Limit Break) when combining them with themselves or people with the same type. This is RARE, and you have to save up a lot of people to give it a high enough % chance of happening, but all it does is decrease the amount of AP you have to build up to trigger it. It does NOT make it stronger, so don't get bummed if it doesn't happen every time. The early beta build you got a much bigger shot at it and it was insane, I maxxed out every character's power and you could do it every other round. The second beta they way undercut what I thought would have been reasonable, and they seem to have left it that way. It's really not that big of a deal though, so don't sweat it.

-Don't spend Coins on buildings like they force you to do in the tutorial. Save them for Elite Character Tokens or Weapon Tokens.

-I mentioned this before, but Harlan is ALWAYS your first pull, so don't bother going back to restart if you don't get a 4+ star. That said, they throw recruitment tokens at you when you're leveling up, but if you want to spend cash, be my guest. In Beta, they let you buy stuff but have since refunded it, and they threw in "extras" with currency bundles. For instance, if you bought the $30 bundle, you got Michonne, who is a really stellar 5-star, but she takes up most of your team space early game. Lower tiers just gave you weapons and stuff. THIS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED, but you may want to wait and see if they reinstate it during the "full" release.

-RARELY, you can find big name characters as random drops from missions. This only happened to me once in beta, but I got Rick as a random character from a mission. At the time (and it could still be the case) there were two tiers of Rick, one was "Prison-era" Rick and one was "Alexandria-era" Rick. I got "Prison-era", who is the less rare one, but he's still a solid find.

-Achievement rewards stay banked until you claim them. This is handy when you hit a reward that gives you a poo poo-ton of food but you're already full on resources. Achievements are also tiered, so you get 100,000 Wood and you get a reward, then maybe the next one is 300,000, then 1,000,000 and on and on...

-There's a [>>] button in the lower left that puts everyone on "auto attack". It's nice for easy missions, but you have no control over when they'll use their "Adrenaline Rush" (think Limit Break). Once the game decides it's their turn, they might waste an AE on a single guy, or a group heal on a full health party. These carry on through waves, so it's nice to build them up.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 2, 2015

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

What are some good turn-based RPGs that aren't remakes or rogue-likes? I'm okay with perma-death, but I enjoy my random dungeons on PC instead.

Gyre fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 2, 2015

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

FadedReality posted:

I'm not 100% sure there's a balancing thing happening but I want to say yes. After I finish the first tier 1 racing series I decided to just farm the other tier 1 Series for some easy cash. I went in with guys that were placing first and second by the end of the first series ( thanks to using my Google bux on a few million extra cash) and they're right back to placing somewhere between 5th and 9th even when using the recommended optimal setup for the track.

I've been finding that of the recommended settings, only one of the two is actually the best.

But I've only done the British series twice and the Aussie series once, so maybe that doesn't always work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledynamix.crossmecolor

CrossMe Color is today's free App of the Day (worth over $6). This is great for anyone who loves Picross.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Gyre posted:

What are some good turn-based RPGs that aren't remakes or rogue-likes? I'm okay with perma-death, but I enjoy my random dungeons on PC instead.

Kemco games has some decent jrpg, but I have to admit I never saw any of them all the way through.

Don't laugh, but I spent a lot of time with Adventure Bar Story. Very Japanese, but the rpg stuff is solid. The main conceit is that you're collecting ingredients for your restaurant. It's a bit like Recittear if you've heard of that.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

CrossMe Color is today's free App of the Day (worth over $6). This is great for anyone who loves Picross.

Definitely taking advantage of this! I still haven't finished all of the non-color CrossMe puzzles.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Unless I'm missing something there's a free to download 24 puzzle demo with a $5 premium unlock for the whole game.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Anyone else playing Kairosoft's new Ramen game? I thought it was going to be pretty bad, but it's fairly different than their previous run-a-resturaunt games.

My only issue with it is that I have zero idea as to what goes together.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

FadedReality posted:

Unless I'm missing something there's a free to download 24 puzzle demo with a $5 premium unlock for the whole game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appturbo.appoftheday2015

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

And when you open this, switch your country to the next one in the list, I think it's Italy. The app for the US is some other thing.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Gyre posted:

I'm not sure these are renowned in any way but the Gurk series brings that very simple old Dragon Quest gameplay that pulls me in.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

the littlest prince posted:

And when you open this, switch your country to the next one in the list, I think it's Italy. The app for the US is some other thing.

Alright, did that and tapped GRATUITA and it took me to the non-premium entry for CrossMe Color in the store app. :shrug:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

foutre posted:

Same with an S6. :what:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

FadedReality posted:

Alright, did that and tapped GRATUITA and it took me to the non-premium entry for CrossMe Color in the store app. :shrug:

I was sent to the store page as well, but went ahead and downloaded and started it, and it said I'd gotten the premium version as a splash page before the main menu.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

FredMSloniker posted:

I was sent to the store page as well, but went ahead and downloaded and started it, and it said I'd gotten the premium version as a splash page before the main menu.

That did it!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, with the app of the day thing, you either have to just open it, or sometimes have to go and put in a promo code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there an app to see what countries have the best free app of the day?