Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Ramsus posted:

There isn't one. The meat grinding room is a good place to hang out, but you have to move around within that area at least. Only legit camping spot I know on any map is the trucks on outpost.

The mansion in paris is one too, all the zeds get funneled into 2 hallways that are easy to hold as long as people focus fire the scrakes and fleshpounds early enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

Where's the best place to hold on Biotics Lab? The pubbies seem to have adopted that crossroads room, which invariably turns into a mess that ends with us dead as soon as anything that isn't trash mobs show up.

Had good luck in that engine room looking thing down the hallway from the crossroads room. Zeds seem to split down the two sides so not everything comes in at once, and you can run around that barrier in the middle to escape or kite stuff.

e: yeah probably meat grinder room is what I mean.

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Musluk posted:

Have you tried any difficulty above hard?

inb4 i was only pretending
Are you for real

I don't go below suicidal, but I still never really feel like aiming is much of a challenge. Movement, position, and holding out in the right spot are the most important things right now. Only time I aim down sights as a rule on suicidal or especially HOE is when I'm magdumping Siren, Bloat, and Husk faces. Otherwise, clots and gorefasts are very squishy targets with the crosshair, also Scrakes and FPs obvs.

I stuck to hard mostly in KF1 for what it's worth, mostly because I liked to use lots of off-class weapons, but I don't think difficulty is a big issue right now though. There's definitely no way that it won't be tweaked over early access. I'm not saying the game is too easy, just that the skills it takes to play it are different (and much more controller-friendly, coincidentally)

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

A no empty servers checkbox for the matchmaking settings would be nice, it likes to put me in empty servers on hard for whatever reason.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

RO2 had a combination of an energy meter and a run button that always worked, but wasn't nearly as quick as the sprint, what about that?

The fact that you're comparing these two games makes me wonder if you're just trolling or plain retarded.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Mischievous Mink posted:

A no empty servers checkbox for the matchmaking settings would be nice, it likes to put me in empty servers on hard for whatever reason.

Thats just because you are unmatched.

An option for audio attenuation when people are talking would be nice.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 3, 2015

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I'm so sick of the stuttering sound, its really breaking the game for me. Hoping they can figure out what's causing it and get it killed fast

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just wrote a semi:effort: post in the TWI forums regarding Commandos and some load out suggestions. Tell me what you guys think.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1394542&postcount=3

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ruggington posted:

I'm holding out hope for the firebug to have a literal fireaxe
Not being able to run Flamethrower / Trenchgun / Fireaxe when they added Pyro to KF1 was kind of a drag.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

What if sprint was faster, but also limited? An "oh poo poo" feature that you wouldn't want to use unless you had to?

what if tripwire took a good feature and made it really bad

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
In response to complaints, now showing a preview of upcoming pistol fix.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Psa: ~Goon Squad~ is going to be moving hosts when it times down from its current setup on Gameservers, one month after the beta launch. Having too many issues. So it will be briefly down then, but hopefully not as much of a cluster gently caress after.

Kek

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Skoll posted:

Just wrote a semi:effort: post in the TWI forums regarding Commandos and some load out suggestions. Tell me what you guys think.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I feel like Night Vision will be a waste unless there are maps we haven't seen yet that have a lot of breakable lights or is just very dark to begin with. So when you end up on such a map you have to actually make a sense if you want to be able to see easily or use a different perk. It's gonna be a very map dependent perk

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I feel like Night Vision will be a waste unless there are maps we haven't seen yet that have a lot of breakable lights or is just very dark to begin with. So when you end up on such a map you have to actually make a sense if you want to be able to see easily or use a different perk. It's gonna be a very map dependent perk

I've found night vision actually isn't entirely useless on Berserker because sometimes a Scrake ends up in a particularly dark corner of the map where you can't quite make out his animations and that makes parrying pretty difficult. It also helps that none of your weapons have flashlights, making the dark in general kind of inconvenient, and that the other level 5 Berserker skill is also all but completely useless.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only way I see Night vision being useful is if they do maps as dark as they did in KF1. Even then, it was only a handful.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I do wish flashlights were a player model thing and not limited to certain weapons. Even then, that one poster who mentioned there's no penalty for setting your gamma really high made me think of a flashbang-like Zed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Opposing Farce posted:

I've found night vision actually isn't entirely useless on Berserker because sometimes a Scrake ends up in a particularly dark corner of the map where you can't quite make out his animations and that makes parrying pretty difficult. It also helps that none of your weapons have flashlights, making the dark in general kind of inconvenient, and that the other level 5 Berserker skill is also all but completely useless.

But its 20% ammo!

For that one single gun that the berserker uses. :v:

I didn't even know the night vision used a battery, I thought it just replaced your flashlight and remained active all the time.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

But its 20% ammo!

For that one single gun that the berserker uses. :v:

I didn't even know the night vision used a battery, I thought it just replaced your flashlight and remained active all the time.

It does replace your flashlight, but it also drains the battery like woah.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Skoll posted:

The only way I see Night vision being useful is if they do maps as dark as they did in KF1. Even then, it was only a handful.

TWI change the night vision perk to 30% more battery on flashlight please

Frankly, gently caress that noise about dark maps. Had enough on doom 3 myself, gimme coherent maps.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I need nightvision for the upcoming dank map: Ganja_Farm Reborn and Rerolled

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Uhhhh

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Azran posted:

I do wish flashlights were a player model thing and not limited to certain weapons. Even then, that one poster who mentioned there's no penalty for setting your gamma really high made me think of a flashbang-like Zed.

Musluk posted:

TWI change the night vision perk to 30% more battery on flashlight please
Do both of these: wearable flashlight with longer duration as perk skill

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

gently caress all that

Give the berserker as a perk a floodlight lantern. He needs to be a bright glowing beacon that shows the evil surrounding him.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Some perks are just weird such as the choice between the two Support ammo perks. One extra reload for one player (yourself) or one extra reload for five players? It's a non choice. If you're grouped up with one other Supplier Support then you both get the same benefit as if you both took 20% extra ammo, but your teammates get two extra reloads. There is no reason to take the 20% extra ammo. If the ammo perk was a larger benefit like 100% more ammo then you'd suddenly be making serious choices. Do you take double ammo and know you have enough AA12 ammo to deal with all of the Fleshpounds you're running into, or do you take Supplier and give 5 whole reloads out to your teammates and make sure your team is stocked with all of the ammo and grenades they're going to need?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Skoll posted:

Recoil reduction passives suck. It leads to guns that are lovely for perks that don't get recoil reduction and way too good for the ones that do. Making Recoil a universal thing that applies to everyone equally was one of the best decisions they made for KF2.

Starting with better weapons when you're higher level was also dumb as poo poo. Thank god that's not in KF2.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

Recoil reduction passives suck. It leads to guns that are lovely for perks that don't get recoil reduction and way too good for the ones that do

isn't that the point of the perk system?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DatonKallandor posted:

Recoil reduction passives suck. It leads to guns that are lovely for perks that don't get recoil reduction and way too good for the ones that do. Making Recoil a universal thing that applies to everyone equally was one of the best decisions they made for KF2.

Starting with better weapons when you're higher level was also dumb as poo poo. Thank god that's not in KF2.

Once again you show your horrible opinions and why literally no one likes you.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Fina posted:

Some perks are just weird such as the choice between the two Support ammo perks. One extra reload for one player (yourself) or one extra reload for five players? It's a non choice. If you're grouped up with one other Supplier Support then you both get the same benefit as if you both took 20% extra ammo, but your teammates get two extra reloads. There is no reason to take the 20% extra ammo. If the ammo perk was a larger benefit like 100% more ammo then you'd suddenly be making serious choices. Do you take double ammo and know you have enough AA12 ammo to deal with all of the Fleshpounds you're running into, or do you take Supplier and give 5 whole reloads out to your teammates and make sure your team is stocked with all of the ammo and grenades they're going to need?
20% actually gives you slightly more ammo for every weapon except for the AA-12. It's especially noticeable with the Hunting Shotgun because ammo boxes only give you like 4 shots, versus the extra 10 you get from the ammo perk. Mind you I do tend to bring Supplier along if there's another Support in the group since they're the class the benefits the most from it, and as you mentioned the more supports with Supplier the better it is to take Supplier as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the extra ammo perk getting buffed.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Skoll posted:

Once again you show your horrible opinions and why literally no one likes you.

heres a horrible opinion, when is that game going to get updated with some content so we dont have to debate about balance for about 1/3 of the game?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Athropos posted:

heres a horrible opinion, when is that game going to get updated with some content so we dont have to debate about balance for about 1/3 of the game?

It hasn't even been out for 2 weeks friend

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
There was a post about ranked/unranked servers and it made me wonder, what is the point of including a leveling/progression system in this game? It doesn't really add any mechanical or technical depth to the gameplay.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
People like seeing their numbers go up over time. It's to pull more players in for longer. People really like to see their numbers be bigger then someone else's.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Athropos posted:

I'm sure the folks at Tripwire are mulling over tons of player stats and gameplay data right now trying to decide these things.
It's part of what we signed up for when we paid to beta test their game.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
The amount of people that actually pull the ammo from my butt though almost makes me just want to take the extra 20% for myself.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Athropos posted:

The game has the basics down but it's really starved for content until we get a few more perks and weapons and maps going.

Athropos posted:

Probably gonna stop playing this until we get more content. I don't play a whole lot anyways and just the ideas of losing all perk progress is kind of turning me off.

Athropos posted:

The base gameplay is solid and it can only get better from there once more content is added in.

Athropos posted:

Also is there any new content yet?

Athropos posted:

heres a horrible opinion, when is that game going to get updated with some content
Guys, i think hes trying to make a point but i just can't figure out what he wants. Guess we'll never know...

edit: oh never mind being subtle, this guy's just a real asshat period

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 4, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Athropos posted:

You're also a literal retard, I see. Welcome to the Daton Klub.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107954

quote:

Hello everyone! It has been an exciting week or so for us here at Tripwire HQ (and we hope for you as well!). We've been watching the project we've been working on for the past few years get played and enjoyed by thousands!

But there is much more to be done! To start we have been focusing on critical bugs and crashes (with more to be done here as we move forward). But now that we have cleared away a good chunk, we are also looking at "what is next?". And if there is one thing we've seen over the past few days, it is that everybody else wants to know the answer to that question as well.

To help with that we are planning to do an information update (What We Are Up To post) roughly every two weeks. In these posts we will be talking about the upcoming content drops. As part of this you will be seeing work in progress shots (pictures for sure and possibly moving pictures!) of new weapons, perks and maps (and perhaps a few extra surprises).

We hope to kick these off officially this upcoming week, so stay tuned! But also, lets not forget that you don't just need to wait on us! Some awesome mappers are already hard at work with some great new content for you to play right now! http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...d.php?t=107932 Be sure to check out these new maps and give the mappers feedback! And there are even more on the way!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

averox posted:

The amount of people that actually pull the ammo from my butt though almost makes me just want to take the extra 20% for myself.
When I'm playing with goons I always at least try to mention I have supplier. The only ones that bother still are other Support players though. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Athropos posted:

you used the word "troon" in one of your recent posts

who cares and also shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Yeah!
The quickly cobbled together and poorly thought out custom maps are starting to pop up.
At least they download quickly from the in-game server browser when you connect. https://youtu.be/fHfQeEOQO_4?list=PLCdZQjVrxXLot61m95wAWOzK5A2jt8KAg

Don't bother with the current Biotic Lab remake. It's flat, ugly, and they made the hallways too narrow with too many enemy spawn points.