Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Badger of Basra posted:

what are better texas historical sites

*opens googledoc entitled road trip plans*

San Antonio has some really cool missions, its just that the Alamo isn't one of them. A friend of mine is working on reviving one of the mission's gardens, she's a botanical historian. Also Goliad is just as important to the rev as the Alamo plus its pretty neat

the best thing in Texas is the state parks, though. LBJ was in charge of the CCC state parks program so he made sure Texas got really good ones (his home county has two)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

i have a water heater in each room of my apartment for quick access when necessary

I call these kettles

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

San Antonio has some really cool missions, its just that the Alamo isn't one of them. A friend of mine is working on reviving one of the mission's gardens, she's a botanical historian. Also Goliad is just as important to the rev as the Alamo plus its pretty neat

the best thing in Texas is the state parks, though. LBJ was in charge of the CCC state parks program so he made sure Texas got really good ones (his home county has two)

one of my profs told me the reason that po-dunk nowhere town austin got three public housing projects in 1937 when bigger cities got two max was because of lbj :allears:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

Wenig kümmern mich die Annahmen und Verständnisse der anderen.

this is well reflected both in your preferred mode of communication and choice of profession

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i don't think there's anything i hate more than people who are really into shakespeare

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Randler posted:

Wenig kümmern mich die Annahmen und Verständnisse der anderen.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

this is well reflected both in your preferred mode of communication and choice of profession

:wink:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Badger of Basra posted:

i don't think there's anything i hate more than people who are really into shakespeare

i don't like his poetry, but his plays are top notch and i will fight you over this if necessary

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Badger of Basra posted:

people who are really into anything you can identify within a brief encounter tend to be terrible

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

i don't like his poetry, but his plays are top notch and i will fight you over this if necessary

i don't mind if someone enjoys his plays, but if they never shut the gently caress up about """""the bard""""" they're on my shitlist

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
what are Ireland's natural resources

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

:wmwink:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

everyone knows shakespeare is just an alias adopted by marlowe after the illumanti tried to have him killed

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Venom Snake posted:

stone walls and sheep

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

turf

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

everyone knows shakespeare is just an alias adopted by marlowe after the illumanti tried to have him killed

i heard it was queen bess what wrote them plays

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Venom Snake posted:

exotic and virulent fungal strains

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

peat

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badger of Basra posted:

i don't mind if someone enjoys his plays, but if they never shut the gently caress up about """""the bard""""" they're on my shitlist

Kindly correct them to use the proper "Die Bard, die."

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

peat is turf you foreign devil

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

exotic and virulent fungal strains

Wasn't Deirdre supposed to be Scottish?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

a couple of counties had state parks built in their entirety but then the counties refused to let them be opened because black people worked on them

other counties let the CCC build the park then declared it whites only

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
like why did the english keep trying to take it over. what benefit is there to owning ireland.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

Wasn't Deidre supposed to be Scottish?

yes, but this was a potato blight reference

not everything is about alpha centauri

most things are, though, i'll give you that

Venom Snake posted:

like why did the english keep trying to take it over. what benefit is there to owning ireland.
well, it's in the neighborhood

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

to be fair they didn't have to try that many times

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

when brown v board happened, Houston simply bused the Mexican students to the Black schools and claimed that they had integrated the school districts.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

kustomkarkommando posted:

peat is turf you foreign devil

also you're thinking of scotland

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Venom Snake posted:

durrrrr why try to expand an empire???

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

why does rice play ut every year

(except they don't anymore :rip:)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

http://bromebirdcare.com/products/plus/

That's my new feeder

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
hi my name is Venom Snake and i consciously try not to think too hard about history or human nature in general

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

mooyashi posted:

also you're thinking of scotland

turf is serious business in the west buddy.

The bloody EU tried to stop us from ripping our bogs apart and we told them to gently caress off

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Badger of Basra posted:

what are better texas historical sites

*opens googledoc entitled road trip plans*

the battleship texas at san jacinto is pretty cool if you like battleships (which everyone should)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

squirrelbuster

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

why does rice play ut every year

(except they don't anymore :rip:)

These days they'd probably win

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mooyashi posted:

durrrrr why try to expand an empire???

Why would you want Ireland in your empire

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

also with the british model of imperialism it makes a lot of sense to have as many people dependent and subjugated to the empire as possible to expand the controlled market share. if the british were running the iberian model of expanded feudalism in their colonies, ireland would likely have been even more of a backwater or kept around as essentially a client state

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

These days they'd probably win

hey gently caress you buddy

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

#stronghorns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004