Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I love Mad Max because it's a superhero movie that exists in the blind spot of cinephiles who think they're too good for superhero movies.

It's pretty ironic now we have people who like superhero movies but think they are too good for Fast & Furious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is his super power driving tankers?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Superheroes are known for having to wear a leg brace, yeah.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

It's pretty ironic now we have people who like superhero movies but think they are too good for Fast & Furious.

That too. I personally adore the Fast&Furious movies after I realized what the sequels were doing around part 5.

Mister Chief posted:

Is his super power driving tankers?

It's being able to survive circumstances that'd kill any ordinary person 200 times over while wearing extremely iconic costumes and performing great acts of combat against a variety of equally flamboyant antagonists in iconic costumes. Most action movie protagonists are superheroes, they're just superheroes designed for 16 year-olds instead of 8 year-olds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

effectual posted:

Is Die Hard a superhero movie too? What isn't a superhero movie?

Die Hard is a Christmas movie, you dummy.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Die Hard is a Christmas movie, you dummy.

Is Iron Man 3 a superhero movie or a Christmas movie?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mister Chief posted:

Is Iron Man 3 a superhero movie or a Christmas movie?

And what about Batman Returns?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

effectual posted:

And what about Batman Returns?

Iron Man 3 was not a Batman movie

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Red_Museum posted:

I wish this movie was called Kevin Bacon Cop Car instead of Cop Car, starring Kevin Bacon

They should at least have given the title and actor type different weights to separate them. But you know some exec told the designer to make KEVIN BACON bold as well, because it's important to selling this movie, because people will not be able to read KEVIN BACON if it isn't in bold!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KinkyJohn posted:

They should at least have given the title and actor type different weights to separate them. But you know some exec told the designer to make KEVIN BACON bold as well, because it's important to selling this movie, because people will not be able to read KEVIN BACON if it isn't in bold!

You're choosing to focus on that instead of the fact that the road is covered in Frosty The Snowman's cum?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Light Gun Man posted:

Professor X is in a wheelchair, you loving ableist.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I thought Die Hard was a Family Matters spin-off

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Attitude Indicator posted:

I thought Die Hard was a Family Matters spin-off

Family Matters was a Die Hard spinoff.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I Before E posted:

You're choosing to focus on that instead of the fact that the road is covered in Frosty The Snowman's cum?

The poster looks like the section with the road was torn off.

Supposedly, judging from the plot, it sounds like one of those kid adventure movies like crossed with No Country For Old Men.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

Dark Knight Rises

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

effectual posted:

Is Die Hard a superhero movie too? What isn't a superhero movie?

Schindler's List... nope.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

Professor X is in a wheelchair, you loving ableist.

He's like, a mental superhero thoug. Max's superpowers are...I dunno, driving and shotguns I guess? So not really any.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Funny seeing people claim to be above superhero movies but like Citizen Kane.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Squishy posted:

Funny seeing people claim to be above superhero movies but like Citizen Kane.

Funny to see you all posting here, when I get back from the gym.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I would agree that the F&F series from 5 onwards are superhero movies.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Light Gun Man posted:

He's like, a mental superhero thoug. Max's superpowers are...I dunno, driving and shotguns I guess? So not really any.

We're you trying to say that Professor X was "a mental superhero though", or "A Mental Superhero Thug"?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

effectual posted:

Maximum Madness!

New one is going very over the top with how many bandits he's facing, might be overkill. Does certainly look cool though.

This looks like about ten different moments from the Borderlands games and I'm cool with that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I didn't realise Cameron Crowe's latest film was a motion capture animated film.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good likeness in my opinion honestly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

I didn't realise Cameron Crowe's latest film was a motion capture animated film.

Looks like Bradley Cooper got a ton of Botox.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those sure are perfect people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Those sure are perfect people.

Danny McBride averages things out.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bradley Cooper to take over as Captain America.

Also I get Rachel McAdams and Amy Adams confused.

Welp bye

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

We're you trying to say that Professor X was "a mental superhero though", or "A Mental Superhero Thug"?

Though, but I think I like the mental image of Thug better.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another one of them Arrow/Flash posters. This time it's Brandon Routh's non-shrinking Atom.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Maybe it counts more as a promotional pic than an actual poster but I can't stop laughing at the cast reveal for Suicide Squad that they just released:

The lighting, the costumes, the makeup, the poses..it's almost Genisys levels of terrible.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Man, even Jordan has had issues. In the trailer that came before AoU, they chose the worst, most deadpan delivery possible for his "we should use these powers to help people" line. He just sounded like he was half asleep.

Almost everything about that movie just screams 'avoid'.

Likely why Trank got canned from doing one of the new Star Wars movies.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Sleeveless posted:

Maybe it counts more as a promotional pic than an actual poster but I can't stop laughing at the cast reveal for Suicide Squad that they just released:

The lighting, the costumes, the makeup, the poses..it's almost Genisys levels of terrible.

The worst parts are Croc's face (2nd from the right) and the pose/"costume" of the guy on the far right. I have no idea who he is but unless you're Eddie Murhpy in Beverly Hills Cop, you can't really make the varsity jacket work. He just looks like a weird chav.

That said, he's probably the best character in the movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sleeveless posted:

At least the girls aren't doing the generic T/A pose.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Sleeveless posted:

Who is that on the far right? He's like a zombie member of the Latin Kings, but wearing slacks.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I need to know everything about goth chainmail wedding dress woman who just stepped out of an Army of Lovers music video.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
I think the black guy is Deathstroke, and I apparently correctly guessed Harley Quinn, but I don't know who any of the rest of them are. Which is pretty striking, they've managed to put together a team of DC villains and most of them aren't immediately recognizable.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Cleretic posted:

I think the black guy is Deathstroke,

That's Will Smith.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

I think the black guy is Deathstroke, and I apparently correctly guessed Harley Quinn, but I don't know who any of the rest of them are. Which is pretty striking, they've managed to put together a team of DC villains and most of them aren't immediately recognizable.

I honestly don't blame anyone for not reading the comic book movie thread, but here's who everyone is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Man I want to watch this, and I don't know why.