Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I wish QLD left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Les Affaires posted:

I wish QLD left

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I thought trading while insolvent was illegal?

Click on the link there is more.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
CHANGE FROM WITHIN

Every member of the Labor Left is a craven piece of poo poo fit only for the bin

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

Anidav posted:

The word on the street is the QLD left will change the entire ALP somehow....

Bill Shorten Signals Harder Line From Labor on Asylum Policy and Boat Turnbacks

But, yeah, of course the QLD Left will change Labor.

~*~Change From Within~*~

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Saw on the news that Abbott's threatening to take this budget to an early election.

In unrelated news, I have an early erection

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The sad thing is I don't think the ALP would win if he called an early election

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

tithin posted:

Saw on the news that Abbott's threatening to take this budget to an early election.

In unrelated news, I have an early erection

He won't because he's a spineless piece of poo poo who tries to act 'tough' to compensate, but backs down every single time.I'm sure Putin's still recovering from that fearsome chest-bumping or what ever Abbott gave him.

Also so far this seems to be a bribery type budget usually relegated to the third term. Its possible Hockey may pull out something heinous on budget day, but if he does it will be due to Hockey being terrible at anything budget related, and just generally being a piss poor judge on the public/affected sectors reactions to polices, not through intentions.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Freudian Slip posted:

OK, gently caress you Shorten. How low can we go?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...504-1na6d0.html

Uhhh guys I'm pretty sure the ALP left told us that they were going to get good things out of the national conference and move the party to a more progressive viewpoint because they were effecting change from within??????????

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Anidav posted:

By the end of the year, King George Square will be a bomb shelter. Crimestoppers intercoms at every street corner.

Revolution soon comrade.

How many ticketies have you punched recently comrade? Solidarity with our Baltimore brethren.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Graic Gabtar posted:

So. I'm tipping budget night will be a bit of a thing here?

"Working families" = drink

That kind of thing?

Now that you mention it, after 8 months of just vaguely wishing I could go for a Bailey's or something, this is the first time I am feeling truly, genuinely bummed that I won't be able to drink up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

asio posted:

How many ticketies have you punched recently comrade? Solidarity with our Baltimore brethren.

Username/post combo

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Where's First Dog dammit?!
The delay was because I wanted to keep you all waiting, rather than because I spent the entire day asleep in a depression induced coma.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Pickled Tink posted:

The delay was because I wanted to keep you all waiting, rather than because I spent the entire day asleep in a depression induced coma.

There are at least three panels in this strip that he wants someone to put on a t-shirt.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Pickled Tink posted:

Wasn't buckethead abbott only meant to be for a year?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Above average first dog, brain did not switch off at panel 2. Bravo

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

CHANGE FROM WITHIN

Every member of the Labor Left is a craven piece of poo poo fit only for the bin

I wish I could be part of a movement that has and continues to achieve so much.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
If your last major achievement predates colour photography you might want to step aside

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

EvilElmo posted:

It's your lucky day then!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Remember this from last month?

Looks like the Herald Sun decided to recycle it:

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

The Welfare Lobby posted:

Bill Shorten Signals Harder Line From Labor on Asylum Policy and Boat Turnbacks

But, yeah, of course the QLD Left will change Labor.

~*~Change From Within~*~

There's a left in QLD Labor?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I was wondering if they'd do that. I'm actually surprised they did, what's wrong with me?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Hahaha - that's gold.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

There's a left in QLD Labor?

The majority of the ALPs cabinet are from the left. They're still selling assets though.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Can a rabble even technically be selfish? They're a very large group of people, multiple communities even, multiple communities standing up for other communities.

I would have thought this was the opposite of selfish.

Journalism in Australia is dead.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

EvilElmo posted:

I, too, vote for concentration camps because something something Andrew Fisher

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

Anidav posted:

The majority of the ALPs cabinet are from the left. They're still selling assets though.

It's almost as if the ALP Left aren't really left-wing at all.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Murodese posted:

Uhhh guys I'm pretty sure the ALP left told us that they were going to get good things out of the national conference and move the party to a more progressive viewpoint because they were effecting change from within??????????

I think what they meant to say is that they actually want to win.

Palestine recognized to shore up a couple of seats - seems a no brainer, but might not play out so well out of Sydney.

Gay marriage binding vote to get Plibersek off his back - it doesn't make it law so Shorten kind of has his cake and eats it here as well.

The above likely traded off for a clear run at border security - well, as clear a run you can get at a Labor conference.

Clever politics - If the economy tightens by next election voters should move to the main parties seen to have more influence over it. Fringe issues usually take a back seat and the gap between Labor's policy and The Greens "policy" won't be as important.

As long as Shorten doesn't get trapped into signaling a return of the Rudd/Gillard "HMAS Taxi" days he should be able to "me too" what is sensible policy.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Murodese posted:

If your last major achievement predates colour photography you might want to step aside

Latest Green achievement?

Winning a lower house seat.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

EvilElmo posted:

It's not an achievement if Clive Palmer can do it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Negligent posted:

It's not an achievement if Clive Palmer can do it.

What about if the Democrat's can't do it?

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

Two lower house seats, actually.

One of which was in safe Nationals territory.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

The Welfare Lobby posted:

Two lower house seats, actually.

One of which was in safe Nationals territory.

Clive comfortably takes up two seats.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Minor thread note:

It needs to be said since no one has bothered with keeping the OP up to date in years that I have actually been doing it for this thread and hope to continue to do so until all worship at the altar of First Dog, or the end of May, whichever comes sooner. That means if anyone wants to submit updates/corrections to existing sources listed or better sources, they can do so in here or with me privately and I'll add/change them.

Finally, the real reason for this post. Urcher: You do not have PM's. I have added your word cloud stuff to the OP in non quote form but attributed it to you. I hope you don't mind but the decision was made for ease of future OP posters grabbing it without problems or having to go digging for it on page 9 of this thread.

Finally, and for no particular reason at all, a cat picture:

Live webcam link

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

my stepdads beer posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/australias-fattest-and-fittest-areas-revealed-20150503-1myxdf.html

It's almost as if living in isolated rural areas and pretending your car is an extension of your body is really bad for you. Poverty plays a role too, as cheap food is often really bad for you - even though it's likely to be rated 'heart healthy' by bodies such as the Heart Foundation. We've been following their guidelines for years now and where are we?

The Heart Foundation guidelines are hardly controversial - aim for your 5 veg and 2 fruit, avoid soft drinks and juices, etc.. The premise behind the tick is that the product is "healthier" (lower sodium, less kilojoules, lower fat, etc) than comparable products. So if you're going to have sausages anyway, you might be swayed by the tick to opt for something that has been independently tested and proven that it will clog your arteries a little less.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

froglet posted:

The Heart Foundation guidelines are hardly controversial - aim for your 5 veg and 2 fruit, avoid soft drinks and juices, etc.. The premise behind the tick is that the product is "healthier" (lower sodium, less kilojoules, lower fat, etc) than comparable products. So if you're going to have sausages anyway, you might be swayed by the tick to opt for something that has been independently tested and proven that it will clog your arteries a little less.

Also regularly eating too much of something is probably going to make you fat no matter how much the Heart Foundation rates it.

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
Can someone help me on the brain cancer thing? Namely actual funding and health stats, DALYs compared with other cancers, etc. I just want to know if this is a celeb endorsement thing (the beanie thing is just an excuse for celebs to get likes on Instagram) or if it is in actual dire need of attention, compared to say lung cancer and other lung diseases, or prostate cancer.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Pickled Tink posted:

Finally, the real reason for this post. Urcher: You do not have PM's. I have added your word cloud stuff to the OP in non quote form but attributed it to you. I hope you don't mind but the decision was made for ease of future OP posters grabbing it without problems or having to go digging for it on page 9 of this thread.

I have no problem with this. Also note to self: get PMs

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

• Locked thread