Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

mishaq posted:

os x screenshotting is orders of magnitude better than fukken printscreen + mspaint

especially if youve gotta do many in a row

who does this? the many times in a row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

who does this? the many times in a row?

documenting a process / UI flow is one good example where repetitive cropped screen caps are taken

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
sorry im not an enterprise printscreen pusher so perhaps my experience doesnt line up with the needs of YOSPOS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sniep posted:

documenting a process / UI flow is one good example where repetitive cropped screen caps are taken

Ohh, computer nerds do it then? who cares

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Sniep posted:

1) push print screen button
2) hunt down and open ms paint
3) find where they buried edit>paste in the new shitmenu format
4) paste
5) save
6) go back and reopen paint and repaste and resave because for some goddamn reason it did it as a jpg the first time
7) dig for wherever the hell "documents > photos > library of photos > paint photos" or wherever it put it is

bitcoiner_describing_a_credit_card_transaction.txt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Wheany posted:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Wheany posted:

YES i was exaggerating intentionally but it's still multiple steps vs. 1

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

Ohh, computer nerds do it then? who cares

computer nerds with jobs !!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sniep posted:

YES i was exaggerating intentionally but it's still multiple steps vs. 1

u rly hosed up buddy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Perplx posted:

the snipping tool is a good example of microsoft not getting it

they wrote a new screenshot tool in TYOL 2006 and it DOESNT INCREMENT THE FILENAME

"Capture.PNG already exists. Do you want to replace it?"

lmao windows is such poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sniep posted:

computer nerds with jobs !!

i literally dont care if a professional screenshotter hasto use a professional tool for their enterprise grade print screen pushing. as a normal user who is not afflicted by maximum level autism i find the windows screenshotting experience to be perfectly competent

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its time someone addressed how extremely android tier taking screenies on windows is. dont let them silence the truth sniep

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Smythe posted:

i literally dont care if a professional screenshotter hasto use a professional tool for their enterprise grade print screen pushing. as a normal user who is not afflicted by maximum level autism i find the windows screenshotting experience to be perfectly competent

it's garbage and you know it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

it's garbage and you know it

its good

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
not tha tI think its good but Snipping Tool works p drat well in winders when i have to walk people through something at work

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my only OS bias is for UBUNTU GNOME so you know i speak the truth. it is this power that makes me literally the King of YOSPOS

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
as a jewish person i think the snipping tool is offensive and should only be used by rabbis

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
pwned bitch

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
windows may be poo poo but it does a good job of letting you take pics of its ugly interface. sorry sniep

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

just use sniping tool or greenshot if you need to put it on a image site right fuckin now

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

greenshot supremacy

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
* ahem * scrot
I won

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sniep posted:

you can use the problem steps recorder to generate all the screenshots for this automatically.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Shaggar posted:

you can use the problem steps recorder to generate all the screenshots for this automatically.

and spend 10x longer editing it afterwards so it doesn't look like poo poo as compared to just taking proper screenshots of the steps you want in the first place

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it generates the same screenshots as if you did it the mac way, it just does it automatically instead of having to press non-existent key combos .

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Shaggar posted:

it generates the same screenshots as if you did it the mac way, it just does it automatically instead of having to press non-existent key combos .

the 'automatic' is the problem, you'll have a ton of full-sized screenshots to go through and edit if you want your guide to look legible - it's only 'automatic' if you don't care about how the end results look, in the end it really doesn't save you any time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you would have to edit the non-automatic ones too

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Do you idiots seriously not know of the Snipping Tool app in Windows?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

sorry i couldn't hear you over the convenience of greenshot uploading it and putting the url into the clipboard for me

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

we've been over this. it's not very useful.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Shaggar posted:

i had no idea this existed and it's kind of neat!

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
alt + print screen then paste into msn messenger

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Maximum Leader posted:

alt + print screen then paste into skype for business

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

windows key + s when onenote is installed

can't remember if that's called a snipping or a clipping but i'm sure they both exist because microsoft

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ice_2_c_u posted:

windows key + s when onenote is installed

can't remember if that's called a snipping or a clipping but i'm sure they both exist because microsoft

it's called the snipping tool and it's garbage with a shortcut that conflicts with other shortcuts

jfc, why is everybody in here literally arguing that the microsoft solution is god and proper

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
snipping tool is bullshit sandwich

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm not satisfied enough with games these days

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
screenshots are better in os x because the 40-pixel drop shadow border makes the window look incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
what's a computer?

• Locked thread