Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

In the mid-19th century. Israel currently exists in the 21st century, and if it's going to call itself a modern liberal democracy, it ought to behave like one.

And where do its neighbors, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, ISIL, and Egypt exist in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
quick, Majorian, out of Israel and all its neighbors, which state is the only one without apostacy laws?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So you admit you are a rogue, evil state but your excuse is you are scared of arabs.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

zoux posted:

Like the number one criteria for good was "did the characters exhibit tactically sound battle techniques"

or "he doesn't look enough like my favorite tights-wearing superhero"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

And where do its neighbors, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, ISIL, and Egypt exist in?

In many ways, pre-modernity. But I think Israel ought to be able to do better than just being a hair less-awful than those states, don't you?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you hate tactical realism bitching do for sure stay out of the GoT threads this week, and hell, all other weeks forever.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

In many ways, pre-modernity. But I think Israel ought to be able to do better than just being a hair less-awful than those states, don't you?

actually you could argue Islamism is a distinctly modern invention

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

If you hate tactical realism bitching do for sure stay out of the GoT threads this week, and hell, all other weeks forever.

Reading sperg nerds lose their absolute poo poo about the TV show gives me a weird erection.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zoux posted:

Well, to be fair, the Unsullied did fight like mentally challenged eight-year olds in that scene.:spergin:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Majorian posted:

Well, to be fair, the Unsullied did fight like mentally challenged eight-year olds in that scene.:sperg:

WHO GIVES A gently caress

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Migf openly insulting the american supervised Iraqi constitution.

You saying Americans can't write a constitution migf?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Israel is better thsn pre-modernity. You cannot judge a state which much deal with the porous issues of pre-modernity by post-realist standards.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
renly should have circle strafed and hit stannis with a down-downforward-forward roundhouse combo!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

erm i don't beleive that this happened, because I think this is a filming of a real thing that happened and is not governed by a script and narrative demands

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zoux posted:

WHO GIVES A gently caress

Those of us who wanted to see a fight scene that wasn't disappointing?:eek:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

Goons also judge movies by their plot.

Yes this is what adults do instead of being suckered in by giant blue anime cats like you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Majorian posted:

you are the gooniest motherfucker

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

some one spoiler tag me the GoT issue.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

kustomkarkommando posted:

Migf openly insulting the american supervised Iraqi constitution.

You saying Americans can't write a constitution migf?

I'm saying that there's already a nation with a constitution given by a flaming Bush.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
the editors of the show are literally writing that story better than grrm is. and i like the books.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

paranoid randroid posted:

renly should have circle strafed and hit stannis with a down-downforward-forward roundhouse combo!!!

can you believe these idiots don't even know how to do the Konami code??

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'm saying that there's already a nation with a constitution given by a flaming Bush.

Iraq?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yes this is what adults do instead of being suckered in by giant blue anime cats like you

plots are a very minor part of cinema and what makes a movie "good".

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
when the sons of harpy were killng all the unsullied, it made the unsullied look poorly trained or some poo poo idk

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

I feel the same way about the Mayweather fight.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

some one spoiler tag me the GoT issue.

oh some dudes got in a fight but they didn't assemble into a four man phalanx and instead got overwhelmed by like 25 dudes which led to whining by people that both don't understand combat and the superiority of numbers as well as people who apparently missed the other two badass fight scenes in the episode and are entitled pieces of poo poo who start mewling like a 2 year old if their every whim isn't instantly met by the narrative

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Israel is better thsn pre-modernity. You cannot judge a state which much deal with the porous issues of pre-modernity by post-realist standards.

That kind of undermines your claim that they are a modern democracy, though, doesn't it?

zoux posted:

erm i don't beleive that this happened, because I think this is a filming of a real thing that happened and is not governed by a script and narrative demands

Oh no, people were disappointed in a scene. Those bastards, for having opinions.

e:

zoux posted:

people that both don't understand combat and the superiority of numbers

This is you. You are the one being described here.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Grenada.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i don't know what is being argued about here, so i'll just say that marvel comic book movies, and the comic books themselves, are bad and for children

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

I feel the same way about the Mayweather fight.

if you thought that poo poo show wasn't going to be a poo poo show, you're an idiot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the editors of the show are literally writing that story better than grrm is. and i like the books.

same, but the GoT discussin well on this forum is completely poisoned by teh Bad Thread, which somehow thinks that's an ironic appelation.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i been busy today. the world still going to poo poo?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

That kind of undermines your claim that they are a modern democracy, though, doesn't it?

Oh no, people were disappointed in a scene. Those bastards, for having opinions.

They are a modern democracy, with policies which must react to neighbors that have pre-modern social dynamics.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

For the record, I fully agree with this.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lotka Volterra posted:

when the sons of harpy were killng all the unsullied, it made the unsullied look poorly trained or some poo poo idk

i thought the unsullied were supposed to be incredibly poo poo hot fightermans? they lost a fight to some dork royalist insurgents?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

ReidRansom posted:

i been busy today. the world still going to poo poo?

oui oui

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

holy poo poo batman, you mean the phonebook-length autism bait fantasy novels with extra child sex and incest ...... are bad??????????

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

if you thought that poo poo show wasn't going to be a poo poo show, you're an idiot.

Hmm yes two defensive boxers, a great time for people that don't know poo poo about boxing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

i thought the unsullied were supposed to be incredibly poo poo hot fightermans? they lost a fight to some dork royalist insurgents?

Their thing is that they have unbelievable discipline and not individual skill. But remember these people learned how to critique media from tvtropes.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

plots are a very minor part of cinema and what makes a movie "good".

lol

• Locked thread