Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Section Z posted:

Make Crawlers with circular sawblades for hands and feet.

Basically, let me shoot the Wheelers from Return To Oz.

The Summer Sideshow Husk kind of looks like a tall Tik-Tok..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slybo posted:

Only if he has a tutu w/ simulated cloth physics.

Top Halloween skin idea right here.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Kikas posted:

So am I the only one who thinks that they made the Medic Rifle so poo poo on purpose? Medic is kinda superpowered at the moment, and I think that the AR is just there to be a trap for people who think that "more expensive = better" along with the Eviscerator. With how absolutely insanely good the pistol, shotgun and especially the SMG for the medic are, there is no real reason to pick up the AR. You'd be better off with AA12.

I like the AR quite well. Shoots good clears trash, large ammo pool and most importantly can rapid fire 3 healing darts with a fourth 1/2 sec behind them. I dislike the shotgun strongly due to low pellet count, poo poo penetration, low ammo pool also reqs 50 per dart

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Oh drat, the KF1-style Stalker and KF1-style Scrake looks way better than the default ones.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Do I get extra copy of KF1 that I can give to friend or not when I buy deluxe edition? I remember reading conflicting reports.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SinineSiil posted:

Do I get extra copy of KF1 that I can give to friend or not when I buy deluxe edition? I remember reading conflicting reports.

You do.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Cerepol posted:

I like the AR quite well. Shoots good clears trash, large ammo pool and most importantly can rapid fire 3 healing darts with a fourth 1/2 sec behind them. I dislike the shotgun strongly due to low pellet count, poo poo penetration, low ammo pool also reqs 50 per dart

Yeah, AR + shotgun is the best loadout IMO, especially if you go for the AR first. Those darts for days make it worthwhile for the team. That being said I play mainly on Hard because I'm bad at gamesTM.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AR+Pulverizer is the pro-est loadout

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

Oh drat, the KF1-style Stalker and KF1-style Scrake looks way better than the default ones.

Jesus Christ the traps on those Scrakes, they look like they shrug tractors before breakfast :stare:

In other news, Berserker should have 5% + 1%/level global damage reduction, with maybe twice as much (10% + 2%/level) for Siren/Bloat damage. I feel like that wouldn't make them too OP at low levels but still viable as they progress. All I know is right now Zerk takes the longest for me to level because -5% ain't poo poo even on Normal :(

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Jesus Christ the traps on those Scrakes, they look like they shrug tractors before breakfast :stare:

Those skins really give the Scrake and Stalker some personality instead of making them grey blobs that either spin around and kill you or grey blobs that can cloak.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

In other news, Berserker should have 5% + 1%/level global damage reduction, with maybe twice as much (10% + 2%/level) for Siren/Bloat damage. I feel like that wouldn't make them too OP at low levels but still viable as they progress. All I know is right now Zerk takes the longest for me to level because -5% ain't poo poo even on Normal :(

Zerks aren't a good choice for tanking at this point in time. You should be lopping off heads with your Crovel before you get hit, with the nail gun probably being your first upgrade, followed by the Pulverizer. Clear trash with the nail gun, pulverize specials.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Zerks aren't a good choice for tanking at this point in time. You should be lopping off heads with your Crovel before you get hit, with the nail gun probably being your first upgrade, followed by the Pulverizer. Clear trash with the nail gun, pulverize specials.

But I like comboing stuff with the crovel. :black101: Press RMB then hold LMB for a sweet 4 hit combo that you can't really do with the hammer since the heavy swing uses ammo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zerks aren't a good choice

agreed

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

But I like comboing stuff with the crovel. :black101: Press RMB then hold LMB for a sweet 4 hit combo that you can't really do with the hammer since the heavy swing uses ammo.

You can still combo, you just can't mash yourself up against walls of enemies while holding down mouse buttons. Move around and stuff. Some of your hits will stagger if they don't kill outright, so you can definitely follow up for combos.

I'm sorry you don't like bathing in zed blood.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm sorry you don't like bathing in zed blood.

Actually that's all I want to do and berserker is currently the worst in that department

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Slybo posted:

Then I will 100% stop doing that.
Opps sorry. I am talking about the Support Class, of course.

IMO taking the extra ammo perk for yourself as a support is perfectly fine on Normal and Hard because there are so many ammo crates the whole team should be tripping over them. On Suicidal and HoE though, you definitely want to take supplier. A larger number of zeds + more giant guys + fewer ammo spawns = more ammo that's going to be used and an extra 20 shotgun shells for you is nowhere near as necessary as an extra magazine for everyone else. Just be prepared to be the first person to run dry.

Also re: zerker chat it's important to remember that in KF1 the Berserker had 80% bloat bile resistance, 40% resistance to ALL damage, spawned with body armor, and could get up to 4 zed-time extensions at level 6. So making Berserker start at 5% damage reduction and get 1% per level means he'd cap at 30% which would be much better, and perhaps give him 2% resistance per level against bloats and sirens. Also, giving him zed-time extensions again might make his level 25 skills less poo poo. I understand parrying is sort of the name of the game here but precision timing with lag and enemies that have 3 or more attack animations they can do make it pretty difficult sometimes.

And is there any reason that Berserker is the only class that has ANY applicable bonuses at perk level 0 in KF2? I miss that aspect from KF1.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
For Zed variants, I was thinking what if there are two per Zed, a "pristine" and "haphazard"?

Like, for instance the Gorefast would have the "Haphazard" variant be the twin bladed versions that could have a "weedwacker" type attacked where it goes nuts chopping away at anything in front of it and is just incredibly dangerous if it gets close to you due to the speed and persistence of the attacks. The "Pristine" version would be primarily what Horzine intended, with armor grafted into the body, both arms attached and a proper weapon. They'd have way better AI behavior and be harder to kill, but would drop thier held weapon, likely for the Martial Artist or Berserker to use.

Something like the Haphazard Fleshpound would replace it's hand restraints with mace flails, seriously increasing it's range along with the ability to literally fling players and Zeds across the room. Pristine Fleshpounds would be real super soldiers, coated in protective armor (that breaks off) and armed with a GPMG linked with a large backpack of ammo, and with the ability to stomp or knock players away, with it's behavior modified to kite the players and in general make it's tankiness go a long way. It of course would drop the GPMG on death, and be pretty rare.

A Haphazard Scrake is a mess of stitches and parts that break apart as you shoot them, but make it impossible to circle strafe or kite them because they literally have limbs lashing out in all directions. They might (should?) have two heads to help make them more distinct and harder to knock out. A pristine is less horrifying and scary in a different way, it actually accomplishes it's original medical role for Zeds and while it lacks the chainsaw, it gains in durability and passively heals Zeds (they can still charge and punch/kick you). Worse still, a Pristine Scrake will attempt to revive a downed non-trash Zed (only once). Pristine Scrakes drop their reviving tools, allowing a player to be revived who has been killed that round.

Haphazard Husks use their fuel tanks as err...jet packs, allowing them much better vertical mobility and the ability to quickly relocate. Of course, this somewhat harms the Husk per use and he can't immediately fire after having done so. A Pristine Husk instead has cybernetic limbs along with armor covering the head and chest. He would carry a gauss rifle that requires charging per shot but is basically a flat shooting high damage projectile. The husk sacrifices this increased ranged ability and durability for being less agile. He'd drop the gun on death, and if shot in the back he explode in a spectacular shower of sparks and electricity.

Etc. I don't have full ideas right now and obviously the whole idea maybe dumb but I guess I'd thought I share my dumb ideas to see if anything had merit.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Also re: zerker chat it's important to remember that in KF1 the Berserker had 80% bloat bile resistance, 40% resistance to ALL damage, spawned with body armor, and could get up to 4 zed-time extensions at level 6. So making Berserker start at 5% damage reduction and get 1% per level means he'd cap at 30% which would be much better, and perhaps give him 2% resistance per level against bloats and sirens. Also, giving him zed-time extensions again might make his level 25 skills less poo poo. I understand parrying is sort of the name of the game here but precision timing with lag and enemies that have 3 or more attack animations they can do make it pretty difficult sometimes.
Well barring any weird mechanics regarding it, the skill that makes zeds do 25% less damage when you hit them (it's listed as 15% in-game but according apparently it's 25% according to someone who dug into the files) combined with your 5% means you get an effective 28.75% damage resist as long as you get the first hit it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

FaustianQ posted:

For Zed variants, I was thinking what if there are two per Zed, a "pristine" and "haphazard"?

Like, for instance the Gorefast would have the "Haphazard" variant be the twin bladed versions that could have a "weedwacker" type attacked where it goes nuts chopping away at anything in front of it and is just incredibly dangerous if it gets close to you due to the speed and persistence of the attacks. The "Pristine" version would be primarily what Horzine intended, with armor grafted into the body, both arms attached and a proper weapon. They'd have way better AI behavior and be harder to kill, but would drop thier held weapon, likely for the Martial Artist or Berserker to use.

Something like the Haphazard Fleshpound would replace it's hand restraints with mace flails, seriously increasing it's range along with the ability to literally fling players and Zeds across the room. Pristine Fleshpounds would be real super soldiers, coated in protective armor (that breaks off) and armed with a GPMG linked with a large backpack of ammo, and with the ability to stomp or knock players away, with it's behavior modified to kite the players and in general make it's tankiness go a long way. It of course would drop the GPMG on death, and be pretty rare.

A Haphazard Scrake is a mess of stitches and parts that break apart as you shoot them, but make it impossible to circle strafe or kite them because they literally have limbs lashing out in all directions. They might (should?) have two heads to help make them more distinct and harder to knock out. A pristine is less horrifying and scary in a different way, it actually accomplishes it's original medical role for Zeds and while it lacks the chainsaw, it gains in durability and passively heals Zeds (they can still charge and punch/kick you). Worse still, a Pristine Scrake will attempt to revive a downed non-trash Zed (only once). Pristine Scrakes drop their reviving tools, allowing a player to be revived who has been killed that round.

Haphazard Husks use their fuel tanks as err...jet packs, allowing them much better vertical mobility and the ability to quickly relocate. Of course, this somewhat harms the Husk per use and he can't immediately fire after having done so. A Pristine Husk instead has cybernetic limbs along with armor covering the head and chest. He would carry a gauss rifle that requires charging per shot but is basically a flat shooting high damage projectile. The husk sacrifices this increased ranged ability and durability for being less agile. He'd drop the gun on death, and if shot in the back he explode in a spectacular shower of sparks and electricity.

Etc. I don't have full ideas right now and obviously the whole idea maybe dumb but I guess I'd thought I share my dumb ideas to see if anything had merit.

Actually, I think the pristine idea is really cool. All of the zeds as is right now are kinda 'why would you build this' levels of design, from a biotech/army stand point. It's like they're all failed experiments. Only one zed has a ranged attack? Bring in the tanks and run everything over, carpet bomb the poo poo out of them with planes or choppers. It's quite a bit of fun to shoot these horrible monsters and get stuck in, but realistically (:ironicat:) were supposed to be super soldiers, built for war. They only win because of their numbers. A 'pristine' version changes that.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
My interpretation is that the zeds were more experiments conducted en masse rather than each one meant to be a weapon for war on their own. Like the experiments done to create a Stalker would eventually be adapted onto normal soldiers, who could be modified to go invisible while doing stuff out in the field. I also always assumed that the Patriarch (and now I guess the other bosses) were actively producing more zeds from the still-functioning Horzine facilities scattered around the world.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Here's my thoughts on the deep and intricate lore of Killing Floor.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Geight posted:

My interpretation is that the zeds were more experiments conducted en masse rather than each one meant to be a weapon for war on their own. Like the experiments done to create a Stalker would eventually be adapted onto normal soldiers, who could be modified to go invisible while doing stuff out in the field. I also always assumed that the Patriarch (and now I guess the other bosses) were actively producing more zeds from the still-functioning Horzine facilities scattered around the world.

Yup, it makes Horzine's advertisement much more logical if you take it this way.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Horzine posted:

"gently caress quality control, I want my loyal tube/tree grown Zed army NOW!"

Basically this. Horzine skipped beta testing and early access Zeds and look what they got :downsrim:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Ledgy posted:

Yup, it makes Horzine's advertisement much more logical if you take it this way.

They're basically Umbrella in that they're a pharmaceutical company that secretly makes most of their money violating the laws of nature in an effort to make superior biological weapons.

If only Horzine had invested in the Shield/Armor/Helm key system, this whole outbreak could've been contained... :negative:

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
I wish the kf2 devs would say loving anything since their only patch has been one slew of bug fixes and no word at all on progress unless there's a blog somewhere or something

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They are starting a series of dev posts this week, according to a post in the official forums, talking about what they've got planned and stuff.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Mexicat posted:

I wish the kf2 devs would say loving anything since their only patch has been one slew of bug fixes and no word at all on progress unless there's a blog somewhere or something

https://twitter.com/TripwireInt/status/594210547131928576

SoonTM

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Mexicat posted:

Google is your friend!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107954 (What We Are Up To - What Are We Up To? | 3rd May)

Says the priority is fixing bugs and that they'll update every two weeks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mexicat posted:

you're in luck because they literally have said those things

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

100% yes to the ammo part

On that note, i'd really like it if people that had only shot like, one bullet or so could not pick up ammo.

gently caress those guys.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

dogstile posted:

On that note, i'd really like it if people that had only shot like, one bullet or so could not pick up ammo.

gently caress those guys.

It's even worse when a Commando or Medic grabs an ammo box and I'm a Support. Supports need a few extra shells far more than you need an extra magazine for your automatic weapons. :argh:

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

closeted republican posted:

It's even worse when a Commando or Medic grabs an ammo box and I'm a Support. Supports need a few extra shells far more than you need an extra magazine for your automatic weapons. :argh:

Yeah no kidding.
AA-12 ammo is like gold. And finding an ammo box when you are out of AA-12 ammo is like finding a Diamond.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I dunno, guys. An extra medic grenade can be pretty clutch.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I dunno, guys. An extra medic grenade can be pretty clutch.

Just... Get... One... From... My... loving... backpack...

On a non silly note though. 20 AA rounds beats a medic grenade any day. What's the point in healing up a little bit when its going to take five times as long to kill the thing? Playing medic at that point i'm just using the rifle and spamming the heal darts loving everywhere regardless and my regular team doesn't stand in one spot, so the healing grenades aren't fantastic. Good for choke points though, any trash that stumbles through is either dead or one shot away from it.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Someone did a fabulous job remaking KF1 Biotics Lab:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=108046

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Nice.
That looks WAY better than the half-assed remake I tried to play the other day.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dogstile posted:

my regular team doesn't stand in one spot, so the healing grenades aren't fantastic. Good for choke points though, any trash that stumbles through is either dead or one shot away from it.

Your regular team should consider standing in one spot from time to time. The best way to handle something like a scrake or pound is to stand in a heal grenade and shoot the crap out of it. Backpedaling gets you killed.

Support stuns and starts unloading on scrake/pound
Medic throws a grenade at their feet

scrake and/or pound dies

support lives

Also the support should be using their hunting shotgun on all scrub-tier enemies and saving the AA-12 for pounds and scrakes and giant piles of enemies after they run out of grenades. I have yet to have major problems running out except on waves 8-10 Suicidal. And Hans, but he's special.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

he got the layout and general look right but its missing the atmosphere, there's no green haze of fog which pretty much made that map imo

its way too clean, its like a movie set or something. it's arranged messy, not actual messy.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm kinda learning to parry raging scrakes with the basic knife. It seems the problem most people have is that when the scrake stumbles, they go in for a slash and their recovery is faster than yours. Do you lose health for parrying, by the way? I'm too concerned with the huge wall of flesh pounding on me to check my UI normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Mr. Unlucky posted:

he got the layout and general look right but its missing the atmosphere, there's no green haze of fog which pretty much made that map imo

its way too clean, its like a movie set or something. it's arranged messy, not actual messy.

The messiness is what is taking all the time on my maps. It takes a lot of time to make an environment look lived in.

Also lightmass, what did you guys do to lightmass settings because they're hosed up on my end.