Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

The best part is that I just learned that a gospel version of Lose Yourself played at his announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg4lSGGOfzE

Bernie knows he's got one shot to get at this, and by God he's gonna take it. He's not gonna end up like Carly Fiorina with Mom's Spaghetti on her sweater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Segmentation Fault posted:

The best part is that I just learned that a gospel version of Lose Yourself played at his announcement

no that was at the gop's token black guys announcement.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Segmentation Fault posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg4lSGGOfzE

Bernie knows he's got one shot to get at this, and by God he's gonna take it. He's not gonna end up like Carly Fiorina with Mom's Spaghetti on her sweater.

Black people doing a lame version of a song by a white person

Never thought I'd see the day

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Cubey posted:

no that was at the gop's token black guys announcement.

oh gently caress

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

So, before I keep wasting my valuable resource of shitposting....

Zev,
Are you gonna donate another $1/page in this thread through sunday?

Can we revitalize this thread into another fundraising effort for our main nigga Bernie?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

hahaha how could someone publish this with a straight face

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you irl posted:

conservatives

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
"yes the average four kid-family makes 650,000 a year, let's go to print"

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you irl posted:

"yes the average four kid-family makes 650,000 a year, let's go to print"

it's part of their narrative that the lower and middle class are just temporarily embarrassed millionaires

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Cubey posted:

it's part of their narrative that the lower and middle class are just temporarily embarrassed millionaires

bern the rich

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Cubey posted:

you irl posted:

bern the rich

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Matey posted:

So, before I keep wasting my valuable resource of shitposting....

Zev,
Are you gonna donate another $1/page in this thread through sunday?

Can we revitalize this thread into another fundraising effort for our main nigga Bernie?

Yea, suppose that's the reasonable thing to do. :(

Zev fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 5, 2015

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Why'd it get closed?

Not my doing. The universe is mysterious.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cubey posted:

a person wrote a story about a hypothetical single mother of two pulling down TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR with the intention that an audience would be sympathetic to her being taxed an extra 3.3 thousand dollars

that person is paid to write for a widely published piece of media

cams
Mar 28, 2003

to be fair though i believe that version pasted is the edited version that accurately reflects the tax increase that the article is meant to lampoon, as opposed to the original version that just states the amount they are being taxed and expects the reader to sympathize

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

you irl posted:

My favorite is the vaguely ethnic couple on the right that clocks at SIX HUNDER AND FIFTY THOUSAND loving DOLLARS.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Tax them more.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Matey posted:

ehhhh, "I’m going to look at the issue. It’s not that I support it or don’t support it. To me it is not one of the major issues facing this country. I’ll look at it. I think it has a lot of support and I’ll be talking to young people and others about the issues. But there are two sides to a story." is a pretty bullshit answer

I'm still down for the Bernman. Hopefully he talks to some young people about it and changes his mind to "Legal weed is tite."

i took it as "i'm not going to make full legalization one of my platform issues but there are deep problems with the drug war." there's no spin to that answer and he's not being cagey about it. i think he believes in doing what his constituents want and if young people want legal grass, well go nuts you crazy kids.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Zev posted:

Not my doing. The universe is mysterious.

there's no mystery about sa's bad mods

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Would he support legalizing cocaine?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Kanthulhu posted:

Would he support legalizing cocaine?

cocaine is no fun unless it's illegal.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mastervj posted:

My favorite is the vaguely ethnic couple on the right that clocks at SIX HUNDER AND FIFTY THOUSAND loving DOLLARS.

look it's an accurate representation of black workers in america. are you a racist or something?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

at 650k a year i'm pretty sure i could raise a trailer parks worth of crotch spawn at the poverty level.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

This is amazing. Like on top of all the "average income" bullshit they even dressed the token black man in the whitest loving outfit ever.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

hemophilia posted:

at 650k a year i'm pretty sure i could raise a trailer parks worth of crotch spawn at the poverty level.

job creator

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

They all look so sad. I don't even know why they're bothering to work with tax rates that high. Wouldn't they be better off dropping out and living off the sweet teat of big government?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jarofpiss posted:

They all look so sad. I don't even know why they're bothering to work with tax rates that high. Wouldn't they be better off dropping out and living off the sweet teat of big government?

they don't even all look sad. asian businesslady is pissed and single parent is doing the dreamworks face for some reason

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

All the women are wearing the same suit. Maybe they meant to put the cents symbol instead of the dollar symbol in front of the figures? Really trying to figure out how that got published lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

I'm just glad the artist managed to capture the pain on the faces. Truly the Steinbeck of our time. Really though maybe if any of them could be bothered to put on a loving tie they'd get somewhere in this world. Dress for he job you want, not the one you have I always say.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
if you're retired and have an income less than 180k you are a poor excuse for a human being

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
what were you even doing those 65 years? clearly not creating jobs

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

jarofpiss posted:

I'm just glad the artist managed to capture the pain on the faces. Truly the Steinbeck of our time. Really though maybe if any of them could be bothered to put on a loving tie they'd get somewhere in this world. Dress for he job you want, not the one you have I always say.

My lifestyle as a welfare queen deadbeat is stalled until I can choose the proper offensive slogan and/or picture to go on my stained, stretched out t-shirt. I may have to compromise and just go with Big Dog.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Ronwayne posted:

My lifestyle as a welfare queen deadbeat is stalled until I can choose the proper offensive slogan and/or picture to go on my stained, stretched out t-shirt. I may have to compromise and just go with Big Dog.

livin it up as a welfare queen rollin on 22.5s in my stretch public transport vehicle

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I want the job the single mother of two has that she can make 260 thousand dollars a year, what the gently caress

Also how is she paying that much more in taxes than the single woman making barely anything less than her? Don't you get gigantic deductions for having kids? She needs a better accountant

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this got posted in the (now closed) other thread and I think it is hilarious and everyone should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJUBOZE26k&t=566s

peak Sanders and peak Bachmann, together with a moderator who fails to do any real moderating

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Someone post the "death by guillotine" version tia

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

this got posted in the (now closed) other thread and I think it is hilarious and everyone should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJUBOZE26k&t=566s

peak Sanders and peak Bachmann, together with a moderator who fails to do any real moderating

man wolf blitzer is just the worst

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
a moderator that doesn't do any moderating you say? :monocle:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Otto von Ruthless posted:

man wolf blitzer is just the worst

wolf blitzer held out hope that romney would win in 2012 even longer than fox news did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

did yuo know that the australian minimum wage is 20 dollars an hour??? neither did the australians!

• Locked thread