Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

I'm at least relieved to find out that Tom Lister isn't competing for the Triple Crown in 2015 and that their Zeus is some Osaka Pro guy.

I'm glad that he's at least doing something out of the Osaka Pro guys who aren't Harada/Kotoge. Seems everyone else kind of just stuck to Kuuga's company and indies so small they aren't getting reported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I found out recently that Virus worked a few tours for Osaka Pro in the 90s and a bunch of matches even exist on tape but none of it is online. I wanna see that stuff.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if Kobashi is starting to get the bug to return again. I also wonder how long Daichi Hashimoto will hold out before working for NJPW.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Spermgod posted:

I really want to see Akiyama vs Suzuki
They had a GHC title match in 2006 :eng101:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Horns posted:

RIP BattleARTS :smith:

good news:

Fu-ten Promotion, 5/31/2015 [Sun] 16:00 @ Lazona Kawasaki Plazasol in Kanagawa

(1) Bati-Bati Rules: Kotaro Nasu [U-FILE CAMP] vs. Ryuichi Sekine [K-DOJO]
(2) Bati-Bati Rules: Muhammed Yone [NOAH] & Kenji Takeshima [FREE] vs. Masashi Takeda & Masato Shibata [both U-FILE CAMP]
(3) Bati-Bati Rules: Takafumi Ito [PancraseISM] vs. Kengo Mashimo [K-DOJO]
(4) Pro-Wrestling Rules: Masao Inoue [FREE] vs. Kei Brahman [FREE]
(5) Bati-Bati Rules: Katsumi Usuda [FREE] & Zack Sabre Jr. [NOAH/UK] vs. Ikuto Hidaka [ZERO1] & Fujita “Jr“ Hayato [MichiPro]
(6) Bati-Bati Rules: Daisuke Ikeda & Akiba Kamen vs. Hideki Suzuki [FREE] & Taro Nohashi [MichiPro]

would be cool if it makes tape, not holding my breath tho

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Match 5 is giving me a strange feeling.

Still gonna sadly wimper "Do the HUSTLE/Shoot style spirits never die..." in the rain, tho.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

good news:

Fu-ten Promotion, 5/31/2015 [Sun] 16:00 @ Lazona Kawasaki Plazasol in Kanagawa

(1) Bati-Bati Rules: Kotaro Nasu [U-FILE CAMP] vs. Ryuichi Sekine [K-DOJO]
(2) Bati-Bati Rules: Muhammed Yone [NOAH] & Kenji Takeshima [FREE] vs. Masashi Takeda & Masato Shibata [both U-FILE CAMP]
(3) Bati-Bati Rules: Takafumi Ito [PancraseISM] vs. Kengo Mashimo [K-DOJO]
(4) Pro-Wrestling Rules: Masao Inoue [FREE] vs. Kei Brahman [FREE]
(5) Bati-Bati Rules: Katsumi Usuda [FREE] & Zack Sabre Jr. [NOAH/UK] vs. Ikuto Hidaka [ZERO1] & Fujita “Jr“ Hayato [MichiPro]
(6) Bati-Bati Rules: Daisuke Ikeda & Akiba Kamen vs. Hideki Suzuki [FREE] & Taro Nohashi [MichiPro]

would be cool if it makes tape, not holding my breath tho

The lack of Murakami makes me sad

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LvK posted:

Match 5 is giving me a strange feeling.

Still gonna sadly wimper "Do the HUSTLE/Shoot style spirits never die..." in the rain, tho.

Number 5 looks pretty interesting imo

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I'm sure only like three people care, but Akebono has won the Champion Carnival and will be facing Shiozaki for the Triple Crown title on 5/21, but not before defending the tag titles against Shiozaki and Miyahara on 5/6

This has been your weekly All Japan update

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Akebono was a good champion in his last reign but he looked really awful in the one CC match I saw

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How about that redebut of FMW?

quote:

FMW [2015 Revival -Raising an Army] results for April 27, 2015
~ Main Event: Street Fight Tornado Tag Barbed-wire Board 6 Man Tag Match: Atsushi Onita, Masato Tanaka & Hideki Hosaka vs. Kazunari Murakami, NOSAWA Rongai & Super Shooter
~ Kintaro Kanemura made his presence known as he announced that W★ING will be revived as well along with FMW.

One match and the announcement that W*ING is coming back too

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Oh my god why

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Considering what move he inovated, has Riki Choshu ever wrestled any member of the Hart family?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The man called M posted:

Considering what move he inovated, has Riki Choshu ever wrestled any member of the Hart family?

I don't think so. It was actually Konnan of all people, who taught Bret the Sharpshooter. Choshu's experience when he did the excursion deal was with George Cannon's office in Windsor/Detroit.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

I am totally OK with this

I mean, I doubt it will last but its still cool

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I'm personally holding out hope that eventually we get a bunch of WAR and Toryumon X revivals over the next few months.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
i'd make a joke about Go Gundan coming back but i'm honestly not sure if it ever left

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Nerokerubina posted:

i'd make a joke about Go Gundan coming back but i'm honestly not sure if it ever left

Ryuma Go's dead and we still can't be certain

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

LvK posted:

Ryuma Go's dead and we still can't be certain

that's what the aliens want you to think

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nice to know Fujita jr is out there kicking people as hard as he possibly can.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Nerokerubina posted:

that's what the aliens want you to think

I loving KNEW it!

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Flameingblack posted:

I hope they meant the W*ING stable and not the promotion.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Who doesn't like a good ole W*ING style barbed wire bat bunckhouse scramble match?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Sanshiro Takagi, the founder and president of DDT, was just signed to Wrestle-1 to act as their CEO. He was hired to turn the company around.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jake Soo posted:

Sanshiro Takagi, the founder and president of DDT, was just signed to Wrestle-1 to act as their CEO. He was hired to turn the company around.
Takagi could actually do the company good considering how successful DDT is for such a low budget indy.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
So is Takagi gone from DDT?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

So is Takagi gone from DDT?
He already owns a handful of other smaller promotions too so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to run multiple shows at the same time

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
He works both positions simultaneously. He tweeted that he works the mornings at W-1, afternoons and evenings at DDT

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Are there any reasons Wrestle-1 is in the shits these days (Other than the obvious)?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wrestle-1 started in the shits and never rose out.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Great White Hope posted:

Wrestle-1 started in the shits and never rose out.
They were basically a second NOAH at best with way less star power.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
if this means that super sasadango machine is going to face kenji mutoh and have a fifteen minute powerpoint on why he will beat him because mutoh makes bad investments, then i'm all about the w-1 train.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Flameingblack posted:

Takagi could actually do the company good considering how successful DDT is for such a low budget indy.
I mean, Takagi is obviously a good promoter but the real reason DDT is successful is that it's genuinely different from the dozens of other small Tokyo-based promotions and has a loyal fanbase that it cultivated over the last 15 years. Not sure how much he can do to "turn things around".

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 6, 2015

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
NOAH results from this morning:

quote:

Tag Team Match
Genba Hirayanagi & Hitoshi Kumano defeat Jack Gamble & Super Crazy (5:42)
Tag Team Match
Akitoshi Saito & Captain NOAH defeat Cho Kibou-Gun (Kenou & Mitsuhiro Kitamiya) (6:49)
Singles Match
Daisuke Harada defeats Hajime Ohara (12:11)
Six Man Tag Team Match
BRAVE (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Mohammed Yone & Taiji Ishimori) defeat TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste) & Quiet Storm (10:42)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match
Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku) (c) defeat Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. (13:15)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Taichi (c) defeats Atsushi Kotoge (15:54)
Tag Team Match
Maybach Taniguchi & Yuji Nagata defeat Suzuki-gun (Shelton Benjamin & Takashi Iizuka) (10:57)
GHC Tag Team Title Match
Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer) (c) defeat Dangan Yankees (Masato Tanaka & Takashi Sugiura) (11:08)
GHC Heavyweight Title Match
Minoru Suzuki (c) defeats Naomichi Marufuji (25:54)

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 10, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I found out that Kyohei Wada released an autobiography like 10 years ago. I wish wrestling had the same kind of translation community that anime and such do because I'd really like to read that, Sayama's book, etc.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is it true that hayabusa is walking again?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

That would be the most :unsmith: thing

Edit: He can! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiji_Ezaki#Personal_life

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 15, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

He can walk short distances, and he can walk a bit with a cane. Nobody has more heart than Hayabusa!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
But can he walk far enough to botch a springboard moonsault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't think he would attempt a springboard moonsault given what happened last time. In fact, I don't think he's even working. I think he probably retired. Bottom line: I don't think he can walk well enough to participate in any physical strenuous activities, of which professional wrestling is included.