Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Ernie Muppari posted:

what's a computer?

a miserable little pile of screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

anthonypants posted:

screenshots are better in os x because the 40-pixel drop shadow border makes the window look incredible

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ahmeni posted:

a miserable little pile of screenshots

heh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Microsoft's new money-making strategy: going after whoever uses I.P. address 74.111.202.30 that's apparently activated hundreds of stolen Windows 7 keys.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

poo poo!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mr. Grey will see you now

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
windows icons were doomed forever when they changed the person silhouette from bill gates' mugshot to generic ovals

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

weird alien prayer emoji

disconcerting unhappy haircut emoji

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ayy lmao

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

univbee posted:

Microsoft's new money-making strategy: going after whoever uses I.P. address 74.111.202.30 that's apparently activated hundreds of stolen Windows 7 keys.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32593735

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

univbee posted:

uh oh

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i guess they upset sky after the skydrive fiasco

e: oh the writer has a memory and mentions that huh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol eu courts are the worst. that is some embarrassingly transparent poo poo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
They should rename Skype OneChat

Then they can have OneChat Desktop, OneChat for Windows 8, OneChat for Business and so on.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol remember onecare

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

They should rename Skype OneChat

Then they can have OneChat Desktop, OneChat for Windows 8, OneChat for Business and so on.
first hit for "onechat": http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/onechat/fe372acd-c5a4-464e-a690-6a58a8483154

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
skype -> skypee -> rain

rain messenger

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

official yospos chat app

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

People are nice and just want to have a Chat

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

official yospos chat app

lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
lol gently caress sky though

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

on 8.1 this link immediately opens the metro app store

why

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
windows is now flat out ad-injecting malware

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

paul thurrott has confirmed that the way forward for xbone is to make it a traditional dvr, microsoft is well poised to 'rumble' with tivo for that lucrative teen market share that still watches television rather than spend every waking hour watching people dump ice buckets on themselves or whatever the weeks new craze is on their phones

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

XBox One with Digital Antenna Port and Analog TV Adaptor
Microsoft Xbox One Rabbit Ear Antennas for Xbox Media Player

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Antenna TV is ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
I get like over 100 channels o m g

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i got my hdhomerun today, its gonna own

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

microsoft might buy salesforce

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-05/microsoft-is-said-to-evaluate-possible-bid-for-salesforce-com

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm wondering how much would it cost to just register a company then pay some analyst to make up some numbers that say that it would be awesome for microsoft to by your company for a whole lot of money.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

program666 posted:

I'm wondering how much would it cost to just register a company then pay some analyst to make up some numbers that say that it would be awesome for microsoft to by your company for a whole lot of money.

it would probably be cheaper to just make an actual company worth acquiring in the first place

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

program666 posted:

I want to say this happened recently to a big networking company

there was also that guy in the 80s who turned a cleaning company into a $100 million publicly traded Ponzi scheme kept under wraps for years with a shell company and check kiting and ended up faking crates of documents to fool auditors during his IPO

the plan was to use the IPO money to end the scheme and go legit

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 5, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

program666 posted:

forrester research would probably be happy to

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

autonomy was pretty close, they were booking revenue on "clients" they were building free demo systems for

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sudo Echo posted:

on 8.1 this link immediately opens the metro app store

why

because capturing and redirecting store links is how it works with most OS's with an app store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

autonomy was pretty close, they were booking revenue on "clients" they were building free demo systems for

good

• Locked thread