Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

I don't have any specific feelings toward VT but I'll be damned if I don't laugh every time I see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dave Clawson's quote after that game was fantastic. "We just set back offensive football by 100 years"

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Jeremor posted:

Those do look pretty good. I always thought Oregon's whole uniform deal was gaudy as gently caress, but I actually really like most of what Nike does with their uniforms. It's pretty cool how they can have so many alternates just by swapping a few things around.

Actually really hoping we get out of our Under Armor deal after next year and maybe move to Nike too. Not likely, though.

Yeah, I'd love to escape Under Armour, but now that all of our sports are outfitted by them, I think it'd be a lot more difficult.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, I'd love to escape Under Armour, but now that all of our sports are outfitted by them, I think it'd be a lot more difficult.

I would really like to see what Nike could do for your color combination.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thought this was a big ten game at first

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Never forget.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oh god, the horrible memories of this game are coming back to me.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Nike gives more of a poo poo about Wake Forest than VT. Shouldn't be surprised after our game last year.

Babcock told Nike to gently caress off. He came in day 1 saying he hated all the uniform combos so that was going to scale way back under his administration. Only reason it happened last year is because the choices are made now during the offseason and were done before he was appointed AD.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

Babcock told Nike to gently caress off. He came in day 1 saying he hated all the uniform combos so that was going to scale way back under his administration. Only reason it happened last year is because the choices are made now during the offseason and were done before he was appointed AD.

If I don't see another goddamn camo uniform or helmet ever again it'll be too soon.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Unidentified special needs child

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

kittenmittons posted:

"Have you seen my mommy OC?"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So I am going to a family get together this weekend, and drinking is absolutely going to happen and who better to ask than TFF about alcohol consumption. I am looking for an easy cocktail and I am thinking of doing old fashioned because bourbon / rye supremacy. Am I missing an obvious adult festive beverage choice?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

KKKLIP ART posted:

So I am going to a family get together this weekend, and drinking is absolutely going to happen and who better to ask than TFF about alcohol consumption. I am looking for an easy cocktail and I am thinking of doing old fashioned because bourbon / rye supremacy. Am I missing an obvious adult festive beverage choice?

Thats a good choice. Maybe a whiskey ginger too if its hot out.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Bourbon lemon and tonic if the weather is super nice

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also it's a lot simpler to make which is nice if it's a big group

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also it's a lot simpler to make which is nice if it's a big group

To hell with the unwashed masses, they drink bud light. The one or two who actually like to drink something that isn't yeast-water I don't mind making a drink for.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Austin, Tucson and Orlando are getting new bowls

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12829390/ncaa-adds-bowl-games-raising-total-42-sites-include-tucson-austin-orlando

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

That Works posted:

Thats a good choice. Maybe a whiskey ginger too if its hot out.

Both good points. Bourbon ginger owns

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kittenmittons posted:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

To offer an alternative to bourbon/ginger (prevalent Charleston liquor drink), which i love dearly....

Consider doing Dark and Stormies. Dark dark rum (meyers, goslings) with a really spicy ginger beer and a slice of lime. Great beach drink thatll gently caress everyone up in a hurry.

E: Also if youre literally on the beach, consider vodka/apple juice. Sounds weird, but it rehydrates while you drink and you can literally pour it as strong as you want without turning anyone away.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 6, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

He was highly recruited out of high school though I thought he was overrated at the time. Everyone in Arkansas tried to tell him he was making a big mistake passing up the chance to be the premiere RB in Bielema's offense but he made the first of many dumb mistakes by choosing to become the worst RB in a loaded class at Alabama. Maybe he'll do better at UNLV.

Hopefully the offensive line will be better after next season. Got two OL guys coming in that year I believe.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I was going to suggest screwdrivers as a super easy drink that goes down nice on a warm day, but I just kind of assumed drinking vodka in the south gets you labeled a pinko commie.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

To offer an alternative to bourbon/ginger (prevalent Charleston liquor drink), which i love dearly....

Consider doing Dark and Stormies. Dark dark rum (meyers, goslings) with a really spicy ginger beer and a slice of lime. Great beach drink thatll gently caress everyone up in a hurry.

E: Also if youre literally on the beach, consider vodka/apple juice. Sounds weird, but it rehydrates while you drink and you can literally pour it as strong as you want without turning anyone away.

Nah we're in the backwoods.

Man, I don't know that this picture will ever not be hilarious

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

KKKLIP ART posted:

The ACC has delivered some gems recently.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Nah we're in the backwoods.

Bourbon/Ginger, or straight boubon all day.

VDay posted:

I was going to suggest screwdrivers as a super easy drink that goes down nice on a warm day, but I just kind of assumed drinking vodka in the south gets you labeled a pinko commie.

You can make a man-sized drink w vodka. Good enough to level hundreds of trillions of polish and russian hepatic cells, good enough for me.

Also frozen screwdrivers with a floating grand marnier shot are the shiiiiiiiit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

dabo.jpg and beamer.jpg on the same page, got me missing some football :(

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

wandler20 posted:

The ACC has delivered some gems recently.

I'm biased, of course, but I love this one.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Pakled posted:

I'm biased, of course, but I love this one.

He knew

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

This makes Bowl No. 3 for Orlando :psyduck:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
John Dalys are the best beach drink. Sweet Tea, lemonade and vodka.

Don't make it with Firefly or similar sweet tea flavored vodkas. It winds up being entirely too sweet.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CaptainYesterday posted:

This makes Bowl No. 3 for Orlando :psyduck:

I can't blame em, Orlando has average temperatures in the 60s in December.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

One time we made Arnold Palmers with limoncello and it turned out ok. Pretty sure it I am just going to get some bitters and ginger ale and just go hog wild with whatever strikes my fancy.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm fine with a limited # of uniform combinations, and I'm all for streamlining our look, but I also feel like we get all that poo poo because they don't give a gently caress about doing anything more than lovely boiler plate crap. I want something unique to us that isn't some template copy. I know lots of folks here disagree about our unis, but we just don't have enough history to justify not seeing something other than the UCLA stripe poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
N: The more I look at the new Wake unis the more I love them. Also this video explaining them adds some slick details and seeing them in motion is cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=190&v=pYg87aC-Jz0

V: loving siiiick. If we're gonna be mediocre we might as well look good doing it.

DJExile posted:

Dave Clawson's quote after that game was fantastic. "We just set back offensive football by 100 years"

Dave Clawsowns.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

I'm fine with a limited # of uniform combinations, and I'm all for streamlining our look, but I also feel like we get all that poo poo because they don't give a gently caress about doing anything more than lovely boiler plate crap. I want something unique to us that isn't some template copy. I know lots of folks here disagree about our unis, but we just don't have enough history to justify not seeing something other than the UCLA stripe poo poo.

Imo have a big gross turkey neck hanging from each chinstrap

gobble gobble, motherfucker

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh good. Just what Austin needed.

More tourists.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Oh good. Just what Austin needed.

More tourists.

I'll never quite be able to wrap my head around the idea that local economy stimulation is somehow a bad thing.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

I really liked to Vick 2.0 era unis we had. That with the 90's helmet with the stripes is really my ideal tech uniform. I'm cool with our current set, but I don't feel like it matches the program since like you said we don't have a lot of history and they look old school as hell.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh good awesome fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Alouicious posted:

oh good awesome fantastic

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691158&perpage=40&pagenumber=216#post444533066

• Locked thread