Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This thread has been kind of negative lately but I would be ok never hearing cake boss ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Is it just me, or did Scott do an advert for the mattress company Lisa when he meant Casper? Lisa is the sponsor than does how-to videos. God, I listen to too many podcasts.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Don't you mean Lynda for tutorial videos? (They're great btw, used several when studying computer graphics)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
How little sleep do you think Scott was working under on this anniversary show?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Wax Lion posted:

I'm literally the only person who said he didn't enjoy Cameron Esposito in this episode but you guys sure love bitching about any sort of criticism of a guest. And if I'm not allowed to call out her hacky lesbian schtick I give up on being a gay alternative comedy nerd. If you only ever make jokes about some shallow, one word aspect of yourself like the fact that you're fat or gay I stand by thinking you're a lame comedian. She goes to that well A LOT (happily not in this appearance which I acknowledged).
expand on that

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

GraPar posted:

Is it just me, or did Scott do an advert for the mattress company Lisa when he meant Casper? Lisa is the sponsor than does how-to videos. God, I listen to too many podcasts.

Nah, Spontaneanation runs Leesa's mattresses ads too - https://www.leesa.com/?referrer=adwords&gclid=CjwKEAjwsZyqBRCT1aq6qcD53DQSJACcen4CqoK4iH50nW2u5XSESjMb6VEYlMF3EvpwCULAtt2jAxoCcezw_wcB

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Whoops, apparently I don't listen to enough podcasts. Or my brain refuses to acknowledge the existence of two distinct online mattress stores with a fondness for sponsoring podcasts.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Neil Campbell's thin rear end premise characters are the best. THE TIME KEEPER. Still prefer the really old man who has his bones exposed.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Joe Wengert's man's man: great guest or greatest guest?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Joe Wengert's man's man: great guest or greatest guest?

I'm only at the start of timekeeper, BRAD HAMMERSTONE IS BACK!?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

boxcarhobo posted:

I'm only at the start of timekeeper, BRAD HAMMERSTONE IS BACK!?

You bet your bottomless sailor outfit he is

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Scott realizing who he was was great.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im so excited for this episode now

cams
Mar 28, 2003

soggybagel posted:

"...Are you trying to say you're Ebenezer Sc... oh I get it."

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Kinda sad there was no sentiment-off seeing the guest lineup :(

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wax Lion posted:

I'm literally the only person who said he didn't enjoy Cameron Esposito in this episode but you guys sure love bitching about any sort of criticism of a guest. And if I'm not allowed to call out her hacky lesbian schtick I give up on being a gay alternative comedy nerd. If you only ever make jokes about some shallow, one word aspect of yourself like the fact that you're fat or gay I stand by thinking you're a lame comedian. She goes to that well A LOT (happily not in this appearance which I acknowledged).

your "stupid person" schtick is getting old

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Brutal!

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

soggybagel posted:

Neil Campbell's thin rear end premise characters are the best. THE TIME KEEPER. Still prefer the really old man who has his bones exposed.

The Time Keeper was Mike Hanford, I'm pretty sure

Episode was okay, but definitely lower tier as far as anniversary eps are concerned. They had too many guests at once and none of the characters really got to flesh out, the initial stuff for all of them was funny but Time Keeper was the only character I found really engaging.

And Cake Boss is great when he gets an episode more or less to himself but today it was just "PFT making fun of things while occasionally shouting Italian exclamations"

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Slackerish posted:

The Time Keeper was Mike Hanford, I'm pretty sure

No the Time Keeper was definitely Neil Campbell. Mike Hanford was John Lennon.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

tnimark posted:

No the Time Keeper was definitely Neil Campbell. Mike Hanford was John Lennon.

I'll be damned, I thought Time Keeper sounded almost identical to Hanford's snowbro character from awhile back

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I always feel underwhelmed by these episodes with a ton of characters but they usually grow on me as I listen to them more. The Time Keeper and Joe Wengert's character are great and HoHo is always a welcome addition but I'll echo the meh @ cake boss. I was really hoping for Jarles...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I wanted one thing going into this: Ho Ho and Cake Boss saying each other's names at each other. I got that, now all I need is for John Lennon to meet Mall McCartney.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The back and forth between Lauren Lapkus and Erin Whitehead is pretty great.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Slackerish posted:

They had too many guests at once and none of the characters really got to flesh out

wait youre saying it was an anniversary episode?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

soggybagel posted:

It really is pretty amazing how manages to make them work. I think my favourite part from THE TIME KEEPER was when Scott started going to a break and asked THE TIME KEEPER if he had anything more to say.

"I love you."

It just came out of nowhere.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Drums!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eel hovercraft posted:

It really is pretty amazing how manages to make them work. I think my favourite part from THE TIME KEEPER was when Scott started going to a break and asked THE TIME KEEPER if he had anything more to say.

"I love you."

It just came out of nowhere.

I lost it laughing right at the start with "I am THIRTY-ONE years old!"

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Dacap posted:

I lost it laughing right at the start with "I am THIRTY-ONE years old!"

Scott yelling "You're just a guy!" got me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"Oh, I'll get off the table"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Hahaha yeah this was amazing.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
While my guitar gently sleeps.

Phalex
May 14, 2002

My favorite line was:

No, he's married to my very sister

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I always feel underwhelmed by these episodes with a ton of characters but they usually grow on me as I listen to them more. The Time Keeper and Joe Wengert's character are great and HoHo is always a welcome addition but I'll echo the meh @ cake boss. I was really hoping for Jarles...

The Timekeeper running out of breath at the end was #classicjarles though

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

I think they missed a great opportunity for cake boss and Joey Tortellini to go at each other...

Time Keeper and Scrooge McDuck were great tho

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You can finish college in just.....4....years....

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Xenochrist posted:

I think they missed a great opportunity for cake boss and Joey Tortellini to go at each other...

I'm glad he did a new character instead of instantly being locked into a character and being run into the ground like so many others. Not to say I don't want to see him again, but it would have been too soon imo.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I hope Middleditch has caught the CBB bug and starts appearing more regularly.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Ha. Ha Ha Ha. Ha Ha. Ha Ha Ha. Ha.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Xenochrist posted:

It sounded like Cake Boss was always mere seconds away from turning into Mike the Janitor.

I bet Mike the Janitor would really hate Joey Tortellini.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I hope Middleditch has caught the CBB bug and starts appearing more regularly.

Me too. I need to hear from China again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Who was Middleditch playing on the latest ep?