Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Azran posted:

I'm kinda learning to parry raging scrakes with the basic knife. It seems the problem most people have is that when the scrake stumbles, they go in for a slash and their recovery is faster than yours. Do you lose health for parrying, by the way? I'm too concerned with the huge wall of flesh pounding on me to check my UI normally.

You do. It's not a huge amount, though, I don't think.

E: And really, if you're the guy parrying the Scrake, I find it's better to focus on just parrying while your team dishes out the damage. Unless you've got a Pulverizer, in which case you can fire off a heavy attack to extend the stun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Azran posted:

I'm kinda learning to parry raging scrakes with the basic knife. It seems the problem most people have is that when the scrake stumbles, they go in for a slash and their recovery is faster than yours. Do you lose health for parrying, by the way? I'm too concerned with the huge wall of flesh pounding on me to check my UI normally.

If you do the parry perfectly you don't lose health, if not you lose a little bit, like 3 health on a non zerker class.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Azran posted:

You take less damage depending on how heavy your melee weapon is

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Alteisen posted:

If you do the parry perfectly you don't lose health, if not you lose a little bit, like 3 health on a non zerker class.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I really wish they'd fix whatever is wrong with the grenades, a good 25% of the time I throw one it doesn't go off

Also, does the tactical reload perk apply to the AA-12? You can really notice it with the other shotguns, but with this it just feels the same.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Linx posted:

I really wish they'd fix whatever is wrong with the grenades, a good 25% of the time I throw one it doesn't go off
Also, does the tactical reload perk apply to the AA-12? You can really notice it with the other shotguns, but with this it just feels the same.

Are Sirens breaking them?
Their screams would kill grenades in the original game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Linx posted:

Try not to throw your grenades at screaming sirens

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, they disable grenades in this game.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Really nice but it has the same problem that I have with the other KF2 maps, it's not really gross and grimy like the KF1 maps.

I'm still holding my breath for a map that nailed the atmosphere as well as Wyre in KF1 did. That map looked awesome.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Wow I feel dumb as gently caress for not knowing about the siren thing.. Was that in KF1 too?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Linx posted:

Wow I feel dumb as gently caress for not knowing about the siren thing.. Was that in KF1 too?

Sure was

It's why they always spawn with fleshpounds

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
There's nothing worse than getting a perfect medigrenade stack down to tank a double FP + scrakes and then have a siren nobody spotted/called out walk in and magic them away :stonklol:

Theta Zero posted:

Really nice but it has the same problem that I have with the other KF2 maps, it's not really gross and grimy like the KF1 maps.
I don't know, it's pretty magical to see a spotless room become a literal bloody mess over the course of a round. You make the gross and grimy-ness yourself!

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 6, 2015

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The maps need more poo poo in them, they're too clean. I literally mean poo poo too, just piles of decomposed corpses covered in feces.

There needs to be more poo poo like the containment zeds too, especially on Outpost because that map feels like a less interesting UT99 map.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I've heard that there will be 10 perks in the final release of the game, that made me really upset. If Tripwire were to add new perks, just 1 or maximum of 2. 10 perks would be really confusing. they way I play killing floor is, that I see what perks the players have and what perk is required, for example: I see 2 commandos, 1 sharpshooter , 1 firebug, one demolitions dude, so I need to be the medic. that's how I usually play KF. but having 10 perks I believe would turn this game into some RPG'ish game tbh. 10 perks would be really abnormal to have in KF2.

What do you guys think? is 10 perks a good idea?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1369433#post1369433

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Psion posted:

Your regular team should consider standing in one spot from time to time. The best way to handle something like a scrake or pound is to stand in a heal grenade and shoot the crap out of it. Backpedaling gets you killed.

Support stuns and starts unloading on scrake/pound
Medic throws a grenade at their feet

scrake and/or pound dies

support lives

Also the support should be using their hunting shotgun on all scrub-tier enemies and saving the AA-12 for pounds and scrakes and giant piles of enemies after they run out of grenades. I have yet to have major problems running out except on waves 8-10 Suicidal. And Hans, but he's special.

Yeah, my regular team actually kills scrakes before they get in a hit. We take 3 support (trash clearing, working together on doors to group enemys up for shottie kills), 1 medic (this guy can't aim for poo poo anyway), one zerk (this guy isn't good at games, so he stands in doorways and slashes), one commando (this guys really good). Clear out the trash before engaging the scrakes, then when you get an opportunity all three supports will unload on the guy at the same time. If all of us remember to turn supplier on we rarely run out of ammo.

Medic grenades are fine in pubs, but in organised play, ehhhhhh.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Azran posted:

I've heard that there will be 10 perks in the final release of the game, that made me really upset. If Tripwire were to add new perks, just 1 or maximum of 2. 10 perks would be really confusing. they way I play killing floor is, that I see what perks the players have and what perk is required, for example: I see 2 commandos, 1 sharpshooter , 1 firebug, one demolitions dude, so I need to be the medic. that's how I usually play KF. but having 10 perks I believe would turn this game into some RPG'ish game tbh. 10 perks would be really abnormal to have in KF2.

There's seven perks in killing floor

Adding three isn't a big deal, especially considering two of them just seem to work like kf1 berserker and sharpshooter

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dogstile posted:

Yeah, my regular team actually kills scrakes before they get in a hit. We take 3 support (trash clearing, working together on doors to group enemys up for shottie kills), 1 medic (this guy can't aim for poo poo anyway), one zerk (this guy isn't good at games, so he stands in doorways and slashes), one commando (this guys really good). Clear out the trash before engaging the scrakes, then when you get an opportunity all three supports will unload on the guy at the same time. If all of us remember to turn supplier on we rarely run out of ammo.

Medic grenades are fine in pubs, but in organised play, ehhhhhh.

What difficulty do you tend to play on? because uh, high difficulty scrakes will hit you regardless. And FPs will definitely hit you by virtue of absorbing 72,000 shotgun pellets before dying. I mean yeah, three supports will wreck a scrake really, really fast but sometimes you gotta take them on yourself, you have two of them, two pounds, Hans ... med grenades are great no matter what.

Also, if you have three suppliers you shouldn't care if anyone, medic or not, takes an ammo box because you all have at least two people to reload from anyway.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 6, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Azran posted:

the new classes being swat (SMGs), martial artist (edged melee?), and gunslinger (handguns + akimbo), i don't think they're really introducing anything new to the point where it'll really matter. it's all poo poo that was in kf1 to some extent. besides, if your team is made up of any 5 classes that aren't medic, medic is always going to be one of your best choices. change really isn't that bad

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
It's a quote from some idiot pubbie on the Tripwire forums, guys.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

My phone posting is weak...

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Of the new Perks, I'm most curious about SWAT because outside of the name and apparently a taste for SMGs, it's harder to guess what they are going to do with it gimmick wise. At least compared to Hanzo Steel McMartial artist, and :ocelot: the class.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

^ I expect them to be a tanky, CQB class. Kinda like the Medic's tanky side from KF1.

Yeah, that was a post from the official forums. It's understandable though weird till he gets to the "like an RPG" part, where it becomes really dumb. Just killing time till the next announcement.

I don't like SWAT that much as a name, maybe it's because it's so specific and regional. Anyways, an SMG tanky class would be fun - wondering if they are ever gonna add LMGs.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

DoombatINC posted:

I like the idea of having some double-bladed gorefasts for variety's sake

Man it feels weird making requests for more enemies, like, "yeah, make something that I can curse in god's name real good while it kills me"

Edit: "Dear Tripwire: I am seeking hitherto unknown sources of pain. Please demonstrate to me the pleasures of the new flesh."

Or all four limbs are blades, like those things from The Suffering. :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Not quite a double post, but I used the Online matchmaking option (Survival, Any Map, Normal, 7 Waves, Standard Server, allow in progress) and it sent me to that testmap people were talking about with the zillion clots coming out of the ceiling :allears:

The other 90% of the time, the matchmaker option sends me to empty servers even when I select "allow games in progress"

My main "worry" about SWAT is that they will be given flashbang grenades or something, because I like seeing zeds die and get sent flying from grenades. When not just reduced to a smear of blood the size of a doorway

Aside from that, curious to see how it will turn out beyond "Commando with a smaller/Bigger gun". Or if it is intended to be tanky, how tanky you can be compared Medic antics.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

As an idiot who still hasn't leveled beyond 8 because I'm waiting for the level reset, what exactly changes re: behaviour and moveset in later difficulties?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Azran posted:

As an idiot who still hasn't leveled beyond 8 because I'm waiting for the level reset, what exactly changes re: behaviour and moveset in later difficulties?

I know that Husks will suicide bomb on higher difficulties, and will sprint towards the players to suicide bomb around Suicidal or so. Also on around suicidal, they do a cool move where they shoot a flamethrower in an arc in front of them.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Azran posted:

Clots move faster. I've seen bloats do a charging puke which is pretty rude.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Azran posted:

Lots of stuff. The main thing is that all enemies get faster and move around more, so leisurely picking off enemies as they amble toward you is less of an option. Slashers, for example, will dash toward you and combat roll, which results in them dodging your attacks. Husks, like Theta pointed out, will spray fire everywhere if you get close to them. Stalkers do more ninja-esque stuff, I think. I see them twirling through the air a lot more.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I guess I'm the only one who actually likes Commando? I feel like a well-played Commando (key words, there) can be a great addition to the team simply because he saves everybody else ammo, and can then redistribute all the mad dosh he's getting to the players who need it. Takes some coordination, yeah. But I tried playing Support and I found myself running out of ammo while on Commando I'd still be happily popping heads and extending slow-mo long afterwards. I'm finding it hard to see Commando as really underpowered.

I also feel like Call Out (or whatever?) is absurdly useful on any difficulty higher than normal.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Daily Forecast posted:

I feel like a well-played Commando (key words, there)

"Well-played" is basically the key phrase for any perk. Some perks are easier to play "properly," but if you know what you ought to be doing, everything seems fairly viable.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Daily Forecast posted:

I guess I'm the only one who actually likes Commando? I feel like a well-played Commando (key words, there) can be a great addition to the team simply because he saves everybody else ammo, and can then redistribute all the mad dosh he's getting to the players who need it. Takes some coordination, yeah. But I tried playing Support and I found myself running out of ammo while on Commando I'd still be happily popping heads and extending slow-mo long afterwards. I'm finding it hard to see Commando as really underpowered.

I also feel like Call Out (or whatever?) is absurdly useful on any difficulty higher than normal.

I like the Commando as well. The fact that he can see life bars and Stalkers is a big quality of life upgrade. I feel like the general damage boost to all weapons will make it a better perk at max level, where it doesn't need to stick to class weapons for the exp. Does that boost extend to non-primaries (pistol and knife), by the way? I haven't paid much attention to the wording.

It's the class I pick whenever I don't know what to pick.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
What if the Commando Nightvision was replaced with a talent that allowed teammates to see the health bars that you see?

Level 5 would then give you the choice between revealing stalkers or showing health bars, both of which is useful information for the team to have.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Ruggington posted:

You take less damage depending on how heavy your melee weapon is

AFAIK bigger weapons have more of a damage reduction for blocks (not parries), something like 30% for small weapons and 50% for big ones, but if you parry you always get 70% damage reduction.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Azran posted:

Most enemies become faster and hit harder past Hard. Clots, Cysts, and Slashers all become faster. When you get a group of them spawning some of them will outright dash for you. Others will move at a more normal speed, but I've noticed that like with Scrakes they can run when they take damage. Slashers as mentioned get a sort of somersault when they get close but they and Clots also get a lunging attack where they jump at you. Bloats also get the ability to charge but it seems to be triggered for them when you get within a certain range. Unlike the little guys they don't run indefinitely and seem to give up after a short time. Their puke also does a shitton of damage, I think Alteisen said it was like 40 on HoE as a Zerker. Gorefasts seem relatively the same. Crawlers get a lot faster and their jumping attack from KF1 is back with a vengeance. On Normal and Hard they might be content to jump sometimes and most of the time just walk up and nip at your shins but not here. They also get a sort of twirling attack where they jump in the air and spin around and hit you with the limbs/spines on their back. Stalkers are mostly the same but they seem to do more spins and flips making them harder to hit. Husks have a close-range gently caress off flamethrower attack if you get too close and if they're wounded they'll charge you down and suicide instead of just standing in place. They also have better aim but it's not KF1 aimbot levels. Sirens are mostly the same, I think their scream might have slightly more range but it definitely does more damage. Scrakes like in KF1 Suicidal aggro at 3/4 health instead of 1/2 but they and Fleshpounds have the same behaviors for the most part from what I've noticed.

I think most of the enemies have the same amount of health as easier levels but I'm certain the Bloat, FP, and Scrake get health boosts.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

I think most of the enemies have the same amount of health as easier levels but I'm certain the Bloat, FP, and Scrake get health boosts.

You're correct. Husks also get a boost.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Windows 10 Trip Report: it works well

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Am I the only one who thinks it's way harder to one-tap with the pistol in bullet time? It's like the only time you have to consider projectile flight time and it's weird.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Antares posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it's way harder to one-tap with the pistol in bullet time? It's like the only time you have to consider projectile flight time and it's weird.

You are not the only one who suddenly loses all ability to make easy mid to close range headshots in zed time. Sometimes it works fine, other times it feels like you have lost all basic motor skills for how many near misses there are, even with commando rifles.

Which is strange as hell because I can still headshoots somersaulting Stalkers in zed time without fail but I'll miss a clot or slasher 5 loving times and wonder :wtc:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah in normal time I can basically magdump the pistols and get a half dozen headshots but my primary benefit from bullet time so far has been checking my flanks while i reload

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

360 noscope taunt ZEDs is the reason bullet time exists