Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the child was named after diego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Kuroyama posted:

There's no way you can't convince me the title isn't a Jojo's reference.

I can be convinced, but it's cute that it's named Diego

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Zeruel posted:

I can be convinced, but it's cute that it's named Diego

Young child Di(eg)o finds an object of great archaeological importance ...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

For the first time in the series, there's the possibility that Dio may have nothing to do with this.

Dio's gonna show up in Jojolion in the disguise of an Indian man

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

DoctorX posted:

I don't see anything about that. He mostly talks about the game and says something about parts 4 and 8 being set in the same town but in different universes. I haven't read it carefully because I'm not that fluent with Japanese, so maybe I missed the part where he says that, though.

I can confirm this. He mostly just talks about video games. There's nothing about the ending of Stone Ocean in there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Araki just called me to tell me that the second volume of JoJonium is out in America and why aren't you motherfuckers buying it instead of talking about dumb scans and Diego the Dino.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Beef Waifu posted:

Araki just called me to tell me that the second volume of JoJonium is out in America and why aren't you motherfuckers buying it instead of talking about dumb scans and Diego the Dino.

JoJonium is cool, get it ya fuckers
(you can't see it in this, but Araki put a Steel Ball on Zeppeli's cane in the re-draw.)

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 6, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

:11tea:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drat that's a good redraw of zeppeli

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Fungah! posted:

drat that's a good redraw of zeppeli
It really is, the belt on his wrist is the only that's ???

On the other hand, I dunno what to make of this re-draw of Blueford.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's definitely more naked than he originally was, that's for sure.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Moltrey posted:

It really is, The belt on his wrist is the only that's ???

On the other hand, I dunno what to make of this re-draw of Blueford.

Discount Pillar Man.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Oh goddamnit did they actually call him "Blueford"?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Wait why is Zeppeli's moustache a gamble?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Oh goddamnit did they actually call him "Blueford"?

That might've been an error on their part because it's written in Katakana and Blueford is actually a legitimate spelling of the name. Tarkus is also spelled "Tarukus" which is what the kana also is flat out.

Million Ghosts posted:

In a child's manga, adults are more often than not considered untrustworthy characters and facial hair is one of the many defining features of adults.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

If I remember the translated interview correctly, Araki was aiming for a character who looked weird/eccentric/weak at first glance, but was actually strong, and he was hoping the readers would catch onto that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Million Ghosts posted:

Araki calls Zeppeli's moustache that of a snake oil salesman and that at the time, in a shonen magazine, the 'stache made the character seem much older and untrustworthy and introducing him so early was kind of a gamble. He also talks about the reasons above, how Zeppeli was inspired by the masters in Jackie Chan movies and Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid, these old masters who seemed a bit off, but were actually really skilled.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 6, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I immediately thought he was a suave bastard but hopefully I'm not as dumb as the average shonen demographic. He does look a lot... greasier in the manga.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Million Ghosts posted:

I immediately thought he was a suave bastard but hopefully I'm not as dumb as the average shonen demographic. He does look a lot... greasier in the manga.

Yeah I can see what you mean. He does have that "used car salesman" look.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A listing for Jojo season 1 has popped up on Amazon for a July release.

Normally, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but considering this is how we found out about Jojonium, I'm hopeful.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

$50 for the whole season? Now that's an amazing deal.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I almost feel that has to be subbed and that's totally fine, but if I can hear a bunch of people yell SPEEDWAGON! in English then that's even better. Would def buy that first season on DVD.

Also, it's kind corny, but it feels really cool to have JoJo volumes on my shelf. Highly recommend.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

A listing for Jojo season 1 has popped up on Amazon for a July release.

Normally, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but considering this is how we found out about Jojonium, I'm hopeful.

I'm pre-ordering for this thing I won't get for months on end nor do I know the details of it because it's got the JoJo name on it, rip.

Moltrey posted:

I almost feel that has to be subbed

If it's being put out for 50 bones with Warner's name on it, that poo poo is gonna have a dub.

EDIT: Also this is hitting stores a week before the last part of Phantom Blood does.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 7, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I would pre-order this immediately but there's a strong chance I'll be moving this July so I need to hold off until I know what address to send it to.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I'm gonna have my 21st birthday, see KMFDM the next day and get shitfaced there, and then get myself JoJo S1 as a birthday present the day after that apparently

:toot:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm pre-ordering for this thing I won't get for months on end nor do I know the details of it because it's got the JoJo name on it, rip.

If it's being put out for 50 bones with Warner's name on it, that poo poo is gonna have a dub.

EDIT: Also this is hitting stores a week before the last part of Phantom Blood does.

God I hope so. So little has come of SC's test dub that I don't want to be overly hyped, but I figured they're just playing it close to the chest.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

This is the best image summary of Part III.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Huh, so the dude on the back cover is Bruford. I honestly thought it was a Kars redraw even though it made no sense. Kinda hope Tarkus, Dire and Straits got redraws somewhere now. No chance of Doobie, I suppose.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Araki just called me to say that the second volume is still around 20 days away over here in the UK and then laughed and put the phone down.
So yeah, waiting for it is suffering, but I'm still hopeful beyond hope that the Vol.3 listing is somehow not an error for us.

I'm a little too poor to buy the Blu-ray if it comes out over here, but that might not actually stop me from buying it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Araki just called to tell me about the identity of the secret emperor.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Araki's Stand power is knowing the phone numbers of all his fans. It's called Hello Operator.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think you mean 90125.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Araki's Stand power is knowing the phone numbers of all his fans. It's called Hello Operator.

Stairmaster posted:

I think you mean 90125.

Um, 867-5309.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

This is good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What kind of stand would Takeo have?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yamato would never show such a scandalous amount of tummy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Yamato would never show such a scandalous amount of tummy.

I suppose you think she's pure-hearted? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GOOD!!

• Locked thread