Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Julian Melendez, in the midst of arguably the best season of his career as a rapdily declining 38 year old, hits the DL (92 health).

Death to all pitchers, young and old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Officially the winningest season in franchise history :toot:

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

gently caress off florida

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

gardenald posted:

i am 3 games above the high water mark i set last season with 6 games to go and i am hopeful to hit 100

possible 100-game winning team relegated to the loving wild card spot ftge

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

chutwig posted:

i am 3 games above the high water mark i set last season with 6 games to go and i am hopeful to hit 100

possible 100-game winning team relegated to the loving wild card spot ftge

I won 106 games and got a wild card. Fake baseball sucks everything sucks.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

gardenald posted:

Same here and two wins away from my best season in any world.

Also no one can complain about being a good team in the WC1, I sat in that position for 10 seasons.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

Also no one can complain about being a good team in the WC1, I sat in that position for 10 seasons.

Seriously

That last 3rd place season is kind of hilarious, though

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Seriously

That last 3rd place season is kind of hilarious, though

109 wins and 2nd, lol. NL South is the best. gently caress Florida still tho.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
IOWA, Y'ALL

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

i vow to always complain about whatever the hell i want at any time

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Thank you satan for Elvis Leonard.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

cashing it in, rolling out total garbage time lineups

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

chutwig posted:

cashing it in, rolling out total garbage time lineups

me too. it's called my normal lineup.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yasiel Gonzalez for MVP

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
What are people's opinions on the MVP/Cy Young/ROTY candidates

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

What are people's opinions on the MVP/Cy Young/ROTY candidates

anyone but yasiel gonzalez

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

anyone but yasiel gonzalez

This. Times infinity.

Plus the fact that Salvador Martin didn't make the ballot is a travesty and an injustice.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 7, 2015

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I probably give it to Nolan Rigby. Yasiel is going to get just 1 vote - mine.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
haywood cameron for mvp he is good at a premium position

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Deivi has survived the year of pitcher death

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Your rookie of the year candidate and mine, Jose "Joey Knight" Caballero makes his first start of the season in game 161.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

So should we do some In Memorium montage for all the pitchers that lost their arms this year?

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Nerokerubina posted:

Your rookie of the year candidate and mine, Jose "Joey Knight" Caballero makes his first start of the season in game 161.

ROOKIE OF THE FUCKIN' YEAR

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Four straight wins drops me from the 8th pick to the 11th pick and boy wow that's just great timing

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

All,

The next HBD update is scheduled for Tuesday, May 29th. It's a biggie and is focused primarily on making the Amateur Draft less formulaic and eliminating the trend of Advanced Budgets being set to $0. Here's what it will include:
  • Owners will only be able to view historical ratings for players within their franchise. If the player isn't in your organization, you'll only be able to see Current Ratings, Projected Ratings and other rating changes from the current season.
  • Prospects (until signed) will only display projected ratings instead of both current and projected ratings. This change was necessary to best accomplish the next item...
  • A new, fuzzier projected rating system will be introduced for high school, college and international scouting.*
  • International prospects will now hit the market with low demands, so supply/demand can better dictate the player's skill and so that bonus demand can no longer be used to infer player quality*
  • Diamonds in the Rough logic has been improved so that there will be fewer, yet more impactful player bumps.
  • A few other prospect-player development adjustments we'd prefer not to explicitly detail.*
  • Hall of Fame Voting page has been revamped
Items with asterisks will take effect no sooner than Tuesday, May 26th and only after a world begins its newest season (i.e. when schedule is generated). Put another way, if you are at the all-star break in your 12th season, you won't see the changes until you begin season 13.

All other items will take effect immediately on Tuesday, May 26th.

We're sure this question will be coming, so we'll answer it now: we will not be lifting the maximum budget change of $4M from season to season.

This update will most likely cause some debate, so we wanted to get the info out early. We'll be monitoring the HBD forums until the release to follow along with concerns, questions and feedback.

Thank you

This is the biggest update in literal years

+ Also get wrecked $0 ADV nerds :c00l:

++ The timing of the 26th may make it so that we don't see this until S33 but I guess we'll see how playoffs go and how long rollover takes

ThatsMyBoye fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 7, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Hoooooly poo poo these changes to scouting and the draft...

E: some of these changes combined with not lifting 4m increments do not sit well with me

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 7, 2015

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm interested to see how this will actually work. I'm hoping you'll see some players bust as well as 2nd/3rd round talent break out. While it's nice to have your players produce, the certainty of player growth means you really don't find much after the first couple rounds.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
So they make a budget category pretty much mandatory, but don't change how much you can add to that budget, or how much money you have available overall? Cool.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I feel like this is a direct attack on my way of life, and I will be destroying WIS headquarters with a bazooka shortly.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I think I like this but I agree with AV that the $4M budget bumps may need to be removed at least for a little while.

It's always sat kind of wrong with me that a team can get away with literally 0 scouting in every category. (And I say this as a 0 ADV scouting abuser)

The change to international scouting potentially loving owns

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

i like these changes, the game needs more obfuscation, guys can ask for the full stat histories of trade targets and how you pass around that information as a trade chip can be Meaningful. this is all good. not at least susbending $4m limits for a season due to this poo poo is patently loving absurd

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Yea if they do not suspend the 4m level for a season or two is stupid, plus this fucks people who are currently in contention with how they built their contracts.

Also will you get only the stats for the years you control them? Or will you magically get all of their seasons the minute you trade for them? Love that this is done literally to force people to get advanced scouting, but I still wont because I don't even believe 20m advanced scouting.

Also what does it mean to be fuzzier for scouting? That what you see wont always be true? If they make 20/20 mean even less accurate and see even less would be dumb.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

the changes are Bad

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

nasboat posted:

the changes are Bad

100% disagree

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

the changes are Bad

Seriously, how do you think updating a system so you can not tell if players are aging is a good system?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

Seriously, how do you think updating a system so you can not tell if players are aging is a good system?

You'll be able to see if they're declining in season and I'm sure old players will still age because they're old

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

You'll be able to see if they're declining in season and I'm sure old players will still age because they're old

Right but come FA I wont know if a player is again badly or not yet, which is dumb. There is no way all ML scouts would not know that.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

Right but come FA I wont know if a player is again badly or not yet, which is dumb. There is no way all ML scouts would not know that.

We're all currently paying our ML scouts zero dollars so they probably would not know that. I'm assuming advance scouting will tie in there somehow.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Cozy G. and Larry Rodney winning silver sluggers, yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

We're all currently paying our ML scouts zero dollars so they probably would not know that. I'm assuming advance scouting will tie in there somehow.

But they are saying you wont see history unless they are your guys, so advanced wont matter to see aging.

• Locked thread