Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Probably all the gardening and bug catching, chicks love that.

it's funny because you almost never have to worry about that poo poo after a couple hours in a game where you can easily spend hundreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gardening? You just occasionally press A in between slaughtering stuff.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Awesome! posted:

it's funny because you almost never have to worry about that poo poo after a couple hours in a game where you can easily spend hundreds.

sounds just like my wife!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The best idea I had all week in Bravely Default, 4 Merchant on ch 2 and just Brave 4 times with all I got in the subclass. FOR THE PG

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I returned my unopened copy of MHU4 for Xenoblade 3D and I, well...let's just say I'm feeling it.

Now it's Reyn time!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

SereneCrimson posted:

Now it's Reyn time!

Let's not lose our heads though!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Which Harvest Moon is the good one?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rune factory 4

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Droid Washington posted:

Story of Seasons. The Lost Valley is the game with Minecraft graphics.

I heard it was okay, but the traditional Harvest Moon game you're looking for is SoS.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nondevor posted:

Story of Seasons. The Lost Valley is the game with Minecraft graphics.

I heard it was okay, but the traditional Harvest Moon game you're looking for is SoS.

Thanks! My wife loved Harvest Moon from the GameCube days and has been asking for a 3DS game to play.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Droid Washington posted:

I remember being told Friends of Mineral Town was the best by a lot of folks.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Havoc904 posted:

3DS thread, I need your help in getting a new 3DS game for my Mom for her birthday. Over Christmas, I got her a 3DS XL and Animal Crossing. She as been loving Animal Crossing (she used to play the gamecube one a decade ago) but she is starting to run out of things to do.

So, does anyone have some suggestions for something similar I could get for her? She didn't seem too terribly interested in Harvest Moon (she watched my niece play it on an older system a few times).

A game she might like if she likes Disney even a little bit is Disney Magical World. You can craft all kinds of outfits, enjoy fishing, decorate your room etc. like Animal Crossing, as well as running a cafe, doing quests for/taking pictures with various Disney characters, collecting cards, farming in Hundred Acre Wood, and a pretty extensive number of different dungeon levels with different story quests, to get materials, etc. It's basically like someone took Animal Crossing and glued Kingdom Hearts to it and it's fabulous.

Edit: Also the best Harvest Moon is Rune Factory 4 unless you hate combat, then it's FoMT/ANB/SoS

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 6, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's hosed up that you couldn't marry the elf detective lady in rune factory IV

or any of the older women characters really. Quote this if you support anime milfs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

or any of the older women characters really. Quote this if you support anime milfs

I'm also mad you can't marry girls if you're a girl. And vice versa.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sakurazuka posted:

It can be so hard sometimes, deciding between playing as a girl and dating all the girls.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cake Attack posted:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

elf help book posted:

It can be so hard sometimes, deciding between playing as a girl and dating all the girls.

RF4, at least, eventually lets you change your character sprite so in theory you can date the girls as anyone you want, but you have to play as Lest first and it still talks like you're a dude :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I think there was a "friendship ceremony" two girls could do in one HM game, but it was either not localized or removed in the localization.

Though in another getting married as a girl ended the game :downs:

edit: Yeah it was a "best friend" status in HM Cute on the DS and removed in the english version.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 6, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Motto posted:

Though in another getting married as a girl ended the game :downs:

:lol: That is kind of awesome.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

:lol: That is kind of awesome.

https://youtu.be/KATOTrSA0uY

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hahaha it's even better than I imagined.

OUR OWN HARVEST MOON HAS BEGUN.

HARVEST MOON 3
THE END

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Also older dudes like Volkanon. If there's an option to marry somebody's kid brother we should be able to marry Volkanon.

But yeah Rune Factory 4 is the best HM on the 3DS unless you dislike the lessor focus it has on farming.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cake Attack posted:

:agreed:

Sakurazuka posted:

planetarial posted:

Also older dudes like Volkanon. If there's an option to marry somebody's kid brother we should be able to marry Volkanon.

But yeah Rune Factory 4 is the best HM on the 3DS unless you dislike the lessor focus it has on farming.

I don't know if the farming's any shallower in RF4 though (although you gotta screw up pretty hard to not get max-level crops once you have max-level seeds, and you can nearly lock those in in year 1).

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Are there any good games like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Fantasy Life where I can be gay af or no

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

majormonotone posted:

Are there any good games like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Fantasy Life where I can be gay af or no

pokemon

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

If they added dating sim elements to pokemon I would never play any other game tbh

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Does 3ds have any good racing games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

majormonotone posted:

You get a garden in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

You get a garden in Dragon Age Inquisition.

He wanted good games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Does 3ds have any good racing games?

Mario Kart 7's alright, but otherwise not really

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Vice versa is the same thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thank you for pointing that out.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Hey yall Im about to maybe buy the new 3ds xl should I watch out for buying one with the wrong kind of RAM or a bad screen or anything.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pookum posted:

Hey yall Im about to maybe buy the new 3ds xl should I watch out for buying one with the wrong kind of RAM or a bad screen or anything.

Idiots will tell you to be scared of a tn screen. I've seen both, either is fine.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Idiots will tell you to be scared of a tn screen. I've seen both, either is fine.

I'm not really tech savy, is a tn screen like a laptop screen where if you view it at a bad angle it blacks out? Whats the other option.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Pookum posted:

I'm not really tech savy, is a tn screen like a laptop screen where if you view it at a bad angle it blacks out? Whats the other option.

Just buy a new 3dsxl and don't even concern yourself with it. Happy gaming friend.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Just buy a new 3dsxl and don't even concern yourself with it. Happy gaming friend.

Agreed. If you don't know you will never care.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So since I got my N3DSXL I've still had my old launch 3DS on hand as well. I've been throwing both in my backpack to get double the street passes so I can finish up some puzzle swap missing pieces.

The odd thing is that my N3DSXL is consistently getting more street passes than my regular 3DS. Certainly that can't be because I am encountering people with full Mii Plaza street pass spots, and I happen to get the last one with my N3DSXL consistently. Right?

Like today, I street passed 5 people. Only 1 showed up on my old 3DS.

I just find it odd. Maybe… better WiFi on the N3DSXL, so I am getting people farther away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Agreed. If you don't know you will never care.

That hasn't worked out for you so far though :v:.

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Yeah, the difference between the two is nothing you will ever notice unless you actively go hunting for that 0.001% difference. Just go get a n3DSXL and enjoy it.

Astro7x posted:

I just find it odd. Maybe... better WiFi on the N3DSXL, so I am getting people farther away?

That sounds like it makes sense to me :shrug:.