Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

GonSmithe posted:

He's not agreeing with him, he's quoting the "don't tell us what you masturbate to" rule.

My masturbation is fast and furious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Peanut and the Gang posted:

My masturbation is fast and furious.

You got a 10 second stroke?

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I live my life a quarter stroke at a time

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheJoker138 posted:

I hope Riff Raff is in the next one.

Let me just throw this out there, get James Franco in there as his character from Spring Breakers (he would blend in pretty well at like Race Wars or something) and have him credited as "Alien, as himself."

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Casimir Radon posted:

You're agreeing with the guy who had GIP's "Let's Talk About Idiots" thread renamed after him. Sorry Cole, but if you had sex with Iggy Azalea you'd probably get tetanus.

if you wouldn't you're a drat liar

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Digital Jedi posted:

It doesn't matter if you cum in 10 seconds or 10 minutes. cumming is cumming.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

Granny yanking when I should have been double pumping

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know what DK stands for?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know what DK stands for?
Them's the books will all the pictures I love so much.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Enough of this conversation.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The sad thing is if they ever make an "Ultimate Visual Dictionary" of the Fast movies not unlike what they do with Star Wars or Star Trek, I'd consider getting it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

The sad thing is if they ever make an "Ultimate Visual Dictionary" of the Fast movies not unlike what they do with Star Wars or Star Trek, I'd consider getting it.
Nothing sad about it. Books are cool :colbert:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Rock confirms he'll be in Fast 8 and said they are considering a Hobbs spin off. The FF franchise is the new Mummy

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

WhyteRyce posted:

The Rock confirms he'll be in Fast 8 and said they are considering a Hobbs spin off. The FF franchise is the new Mummy

Well they've already done the "CGI a real person's face" thing, he just wasn't attached to a giant scorpion body.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

- Loosely based remake of an older film
- CGI a real person's face
- Huge milestone in The Rock's career
- Third movie takes place in an Asian country
- Had a headline actor from The One and This Is War

It all checks out

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
All Rob Cohen movies are in the Fast canon. Even the movie that Dom was watching in the first movie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cacator posted:

Well they've already done the "CGI a real person's face" thing, he just wasn't attached to a giant scorpion body.

I know they retired Brian, but am I the only one who wants to see him return as a scorpion king?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

I know they retired Brian, but am I the only one who wants to see him return as a scorpion king?

"What do you think of the new look Dom?"
"I'd always thought you'd go with a Spyder"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aw Paul:(

I thought they were actually going to kill him off in the movie as tasteless as that would be. I kept expecting Statham to pop up and stab him or something. Glad they resolved it the way they did.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Man this movie makes no loving sense even by F&F standards. And I loving love it :allears:

I saw it just now by myself because my friends suck and can't make the time to watch this awesome movie, one even said F&F "wasn't his cup of tea" (translating here). I went to see the first one on 9/11 with him, too :negative:.

Overall I think I like Fast 5 the best out of the rebooted movies as it felt tighter and there was more of The Rock. Jason Statham owns and I cheered each time he popped out of nowhere, but as others said, he didn't do that much. I think they did a good job with Paul, that was quite touching. I'll be happy if they make this a yearly thing forever, the problem with dumb action movies is that they're lovely (transfomers, I'm looking at you), not that they're particularly stupid.

Edit: I've literally only heard of Ludacris from that list so all the cameos went right over my head.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 28, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Snowman_McK posted:

There's been a cameo/appearance by a regrettable contemporary musician in every film in the series. It's as much a tradition as Tyrese making terrible jokes and the Rock being oily.
1. Ja Rule
2. Ludacris (the least regrettable)
3. Bow Wow
4. Don Omar
5. Don Omar, Ludacris and Tyrese triple threat
6. Rita Ora
7. Iggy Azalea.

When my mom saw 6 she had no idea who Rita Ora was and wondered why they got someone with a fake British accent for that part of the movie.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Jason Statham owns and I cheered each time he popped out of nowhere, but as others said, he didn't do that much.

I feel like half the time he was as amazed by what they were pulling off as the audience is.

E: Goddammit, I need to pay more attention to the age of threads. Sorry.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

I somehow went this whole time not seeing any of these movies. I just started watching the first one and it's hilarious and awesome already, so I imagine the later ones will blow my mind. Should I watch them in release order or chronological order?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

nemesis_hub posted:

I somehow went this whole time not seeing any of these movies. I just started watching the first one and it's hilarious and awesome already, so I imagine the later ones will blow my mind. Should I watch them in release order or chronological order?

Either way works just as well. I showed them to a friend recently in chronological order and he liked that Han has a nice arc if you do them that way.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

nemesis_hub posted:

Release. 6 has the best post credits scene of any blockbuster film this way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

Release. 6 has the best post credits scene of any blockbuster film this way.

What we did when we watched it lately was we did 6, then 3, then the post credits scene from 6. And it was cool.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

TheJoker138 posted:

What we did when we watched it lately was we did 6, then 3, then the post credits scene from 6. And it was cool.

You don't even really need to do that, because it shows the scene again in 7 any way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

You don't even really need to do that, because it shows the scene again in 7 any way.

Yeah, but we did our marathon the week before 7, so I did it to get the dude hyped for it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Echo Chamber posted:

The necklace was definitely retconned into Han's death in FF6. It wasn't there originally.

Where is Sean supposed to be in the new version of Han's death? In Tokyo Drift he was running toward the car as it exploded, there is no way he wouldn't have noticed Shaw blowup the car/casually walk away.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I mean he is pretty stupid.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Spacebump posted:

Where is Sean supposed to be in the new version of Han's death? In Tokyo Drift he was running toward the car as it exploded, there is no way he wouldn't have noticed Shaw blowup the car/casually walk away.
My best guess is if you want to make sense of the retcon, think "it's not happening in real time".

- Sean crashes his car on the other end of the crowded Tokyo intersection.
- Sean sees Shaw's car hit Han's.
- Shaw quickly gets out, throws the necklace, calls Dom, and disappears into the Tokyo crowd.
- Han's car explodes as Sean is running near it, too late to save him.
- (Not on screen) Sean sees the necklace, grabs it, unsure at the time what it was. In Tokyo Drift, it's presented as Sean believing he was hit by a random driver. In 7, it's retconned so that maybe Sean believed Han's past life was coming back to haunt him; but he brushed that mystery aside in order to work out his own problems with DK and the Yakuza.
- Sean runs away from the crash scene before the cops show up. Maybe only two or three days have passed between Han's death and when Dom drives into town with his Dodge Charger, investigating the mystery. So I guess that the car repair montage and the final race happened pretty quickly.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Tokyo Drift is such a bizarrely good movie. It's a movie that, by all logic, should be dreadful.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Snowman_McK posted:

Tokyo Drift is such a bizarrely good movie. It's a movie that, by all logic, should be dreadful.

And now we have four loving movies worth of context for everything that happens in it.

Did not expect that to happen when I saw it in 06.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Spacebump posted:

He fell through a dimensional portal and was lost for several years, just look at his face in the parking garage. Time has ravaged his once-youthful looks.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

And now we have four loving movies worth of context for everything that happens in it.

Did not expect that to happen when I saw it in 06.

I really want to go back to my 14 year old self and tell him that, in 2015, he'll be lined up to see Furious 7 opening night, and will have seen the last two in the cinema as well, and will be eagerly looking forward to the 8th, and just watch my younger self's head explode. I loving hated that movie at the time (mostly because of the sort of people who I thought liked it)

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He fell through a dimensional portal and was lost for several years, just look at his face in the parking garage. Time has ravaged his once-youthful looks.
My friend lent over during the Tokyo scene and asked "Wait, didn't Tokyo Drift's plot involve iPods?"

There's kids now who don't even know what that is.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 3, 2015

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He had once-youthful looks?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

duz posted:

He had once-youthful looks?

Maybe?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

WhyteRyce posted:

- Loosely based remake of an older film
- CGI a real person's face
- Huge milestone in The Rock's career
- Third movie takes place in an Asian country
- Had a headline actor from The One and This Is War

It all checks out

- Has one movie that features the Terra Cotta army

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

My friend lent over during the Tokyo scene and asked "Wait, didn't Tokyo Drift's plot involve iPods?"

There's kids now who don't even know what that is.

In the F&F universe people still use iPods in 2015 and no one outside of Japan has heard of drifting yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I think it's pretty clear that Fast 8 is going to introduce time travel to deal with that particular bit of Tokyo Drift.

Doc Brown's built a new flux capacitor and 88mph is not enough this time. Only a member of the F&F gang can drive fast enough to make it work... and Han was the original test subject!

• Locked thread