Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SaltLick posted:

chicklet teeth always seem to pop up on some really cute girls and it destroys the entire package. its really unfortunate

This poo poo is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Tumble posted:

OK I officially don't get OKCupid - it's easy to hookup on there but the last few girls that I've hooked up with have gone TOTALLY cold (no contact) after hooking up a few times.

Like we'll go out, have a couple drinks and go back to my place. Then we'll do it again... And then a few times after that, and then NO CONTACT EVER AGAIN! I'm not getting clingy - I make it known after the second date that I don't go into this whole thing looking for any specific thing but I'm down with dating.

I don't think I'm a "player" - I don't hook up with people I wouldn't want to see again.

Do girls just get weird about casual dating or something? They've all been cool people....

They probably just lost interest. A lot of people using online dating don't see cutting cold from either messaging or dating as a big deal, because they don't really owe it to you and you're just someone they met. This happens in real life, by the way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People do it a lot but nah it's pretty weird and kinda robotic/cold.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

My guess is that those girls were seeing other guys at the same time as you, things began to heat up with someone else, and they turned their attentions that way. They didn't want to "break it off" because they want to have you on reserve.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Groovelord Neato posted:

People do it a lot but nah it's pretty weird and kinda robotic/cold.

Nah, it's actually human nature.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

guessing obesity

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

guessing obesity

"bring back a treat" and "maybe share my food" makes it too easy

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NotDeadYet posted:

"bring back a treat" and "maybe share my food" makes it too easy

no friends so more time for you lol enjoy your clinger

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

My guess is that those girls were seeing other guys at the same time as you, things began to heat up with someone else, and they turned their attentions that way. They didn't want to "break it off" because they want to have you on reserve.

Messaging or dating is fine, but if we've actually hooked up once or twice... Like I don't feel I'm OWED anything, but a "hey I had fun but I met somebody I really want to date" sucks WAY less than just going blank.

And no it does not happen IRL - I've never met a girl in person, asked her out, hooked up and then had her go totally cold.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!

Tumble posted:

Messaging or dating is fine, but if we've actually hooked up once or twice... Like I don't feel I'm OWED anything, but a "hey I had fun but I met somebody I really want to date" sucks WAY less than just going blank.

And no it does not happen IRL - I've never met a girl in person, asked her out, hooked up and then had her go totally cold.
people, and women especially, tend not to do this as other people, guys especially, are really bad at handling rejection and will suddenly become abusive.

if I was a woman, I'd just go dark too. don't take it personally, it's a needed defense mechanism from male rage and entitlement

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

TenementFunster posted:

I'd just go dark too.
also date brown people because they are way more chill than white people on average

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

people, and women especially, tend not to do this as other people, guys especially, are really bad at handling rejection and will suddenly become abusive.

if I was a woman, I'd just go dark too. don't take it personally, it's a needed defense mechanism from male rage and entitlement

That's gotta be exactly it.

That sucks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

I mean it's cool if you just wnet on a single date or maybe two to do the fadeaway but once you're loving it's really weird to do it. I def wouldn't just ignore texts/calls from a girl if my weiner's been in her even if I wasn't feeling it no more. it's actually kinda sad when girls reject me and then when I react like a normal person they're like "aww you're one of the good ones" when it should be how a guy handles that poo poo every time but I guess a lot of guys are psychos???

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean it's cool if you just wnet on a single date or maybe two to do the fadeaway but once you're loving it's really weird to do it. I def wouldn't just ignore texts/calls from a girl if my weiner's been in her even if I wasn't feeling it no more. it's actually kinda sad when girls reject me and then when I react like a normal person they're like "aww you're one of the good ones" when it should be how a guy handles that poo poo every time but I guess a lot of guys are psychos???

yes

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Take a look at a girl's inbox sometime if you ever have the opportunity, it will make sense to you.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

Groovelord Neato posted:

do you really just not understand women this much? yeah enough guys flip poo poo that women don't want to risk having to send out a rejection letter each time some guy doesn't pan out. you're either going to get some boo hoo about "give me another shot," some fuckboy calling you a slut, or some Eliot Rogers shithead. it isn't worth the risk because guys just can't be cool about the game.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

man nurse posted:

Take a look at a girl's inbox sometime if you ever have the opportunity, it will make sense to you.
My roommate is on OKC and looking at her inbox is seriously one of the most sad and entertaining things ever.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
just be cool. don't send more than one response in a row. don't be an entitled try hard. never assume you're the only one. always move on immediately

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

do you really just not understand women this much? yeah enough guys flip poo poo that women don't want to risk having to send out a rejection letter each time some guy doesn't pan out. you're either going to get some boo hoo about "give me another shot," some fuckboy calling you a slut, or some Eliot Rogers shithead. it isn't worth the risk because guys just can't be cool about the game.

Don't gently caress them then before the fadeaway? I dunno the difficult part here.

Elliot Rodger was a virgin pls learn the lore.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Don't gently caress them then before the fadeaway? I dunno the difficult part here.

Elliot Rodger was a virgin pls learn the lore.

I actually kinda get it - from our perspective yea if we hook up with somebody then we are cool and all good and chill and poo poo.

But I've also never been called names by a girl who i thought was capable of hurting me, whereas that's a real fear for women who tell a guy they don't want to hook up anymore because they met another guy they want to date more for whatever reason.

I was bumming earlier but I for real got some perspective today. And it kinda sucks even more.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

Groovelord Neato posted:

this kinda of stupid entitlement is why okc/tinder sucks. just be cool. don't talk to people who don't want to talk to you. don't be a fuckboy

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

Tumble posted:

l was bumming earlier but I for real got some perspective today.
how old are you that you're just now figuring this out? do you not have any actual women friends who think you're cool enough with to talk with about this crap?

I mean at least you get it now

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Please stop paying Italians 50x food cost for mutilated grains and cheese.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

how old are you that you're just now figuring this out? do you not have any actual women friends who think you're cool enough with to talk with about this crap?

I mean at least you get it now

But i just moved to a new city in a new state so I've been more into online dating than I was before.

I had a lot of female friends but none of them ever said "I cut off contact with guys because I don't want to be scared of their reaction."

I know you're just being a dick for fun, i just honestly never considered that point of view before. I've known thats its different with online vs in person dating i just never knew that a woman would hook up with a guy but still want to cut off contact entirely vs risking telling him.

I didn't have girl friends that did that but I'm just saying that i get it now - like I said, new perspective.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 7, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Please stop paying Italians 50x food cost for mutilated grains and cheese.

counterpoint: mutilated grains and cheese are delicious

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Tumble posted:

OK I officially don't get OKCupid - it's easy to hookup on there but the last few girls that I've hooked up with have gone TOTALLY cold (no contact) after hooking up a few times.

Like we'll go out, have a couple drinks and go back to my place. Then we'll do it again... And then a few times after that, and then NO CONTACT EVER AGAIN! I'm not getting clingy - I make it known after the second date that I don't go into this whole thing looking for any specific thing but I'm down with dating.

I don't think I'm a "player" - I don't hook up with people I wouldn't want to see again.

Do girls just get weird about casual dating or something? They've all been cool people....

You're interesting/attractive enough to gently caress a few times but not what they're specifically looking for. You can decide for yourself how you feel about being Dane Cook

:Edit:

man nurse posted:

https://instagram.com/byefelipe/

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 7, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

loquacius posted:

counterpoint: mutilated grains and cheese are delicious

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I love Italian but for real gently caress Italian restaurants, eat that poo poo at home.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

Tumble posted:

I've known thats its different with online vs in person dating
no, it's not. how are you goddamn 29 and still don't understand some of the most basic things about women and dating?

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

bye felipe posted:

mods change my avatar pls

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

no, it's not. how are you goddamn 29 and still don't understand some of the most basic things about women and dating?

i didn't get it until I was like 22 and stopped being a shithead. 29 is beyond pale. when you let go of that insecurity and can take a hint when the fadeaway happens it's amazing how much your life changes for the better.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

5-HT posted:

i didn't get it until I was like 22 and stopped being a shithead. 29 is beyond pale. when you let go of that insecurity and can take a hint when the fadeaway happens it's amazing how much your life changes for the better.
also strange how women will be way more open about what they want when you aren't throwing the oblivious, possible fuckboy vibe out there. odd how obsessive dumbfucks get the fadeaway a lot more, huh?

nobody wants to deal with having to expressly reject a tedious and possibly abusive mouth-breather

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

also strange how women will be way more open about what they want when you aren't throwing the oblivious, possible fuckboy vibe out there. odd how obsessive dumbfucks get the fadeaway a lot more, huh?

nobody wants to deal with having to expressly reject a tedious and possibly abusive mouth-breather

yeah this too. confidence is really just letting go of your insecurities over any form of potential rejection and knowing exactly what it is you want. you'd think it'd be more obvious, but there are tons of dudes who just cannot or will not get it because they're not wanting the insight.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao every rejected man is a possible elliot rodgers shithead!!!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

brah, no goonette reading this is gonna shag you cos you're getting super mad on their behalf.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cutting someone out like that seems like it could create the very reaction that these women fear. It provokes me at least.
Normal rejection i can deal with. But if you just disappear i am going to keep calling and sending emails until i get a loving response.
Then i`ll never contact you again once i know what`s up.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation

opus111 posted:

brah, no goonette reading this is gonna shag you cos you're getting super mad on their behalf.
I'm telling clueless guys how any marginally attractive or better woman older than, say, 23 sees the world. does it make you mad?

Baudolino posted:

if you just disappear i am going to keep calling and sending emails until i get a loving response.
let me know how that works out for you

5-HT posted:

yeah this too. confidence is really just letting go of your insecurities over any form of potential rejection and knowing exactly what it is you want. you'd think it'd be more obvious, but there are tons of dudes who just cannot or will not get it because they're not wanting the insight.
if I was a woman, the best way to filter out trashdicks would be to wait 48 hours before replying to the first online dating message anyone sends. anybody who sends an unprompted follow-up is automatically out of the running.

I met my current girlfriend in person (on a plane of all places), and she still played the intentionally slow response game with me. it drove me crazy at the time, and months later she told me it drove her crazy, too, that I didn't send another message until she did, but that's the dumb brain game of feigning disinterest we all have to play.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 7, 2015

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Baudolino posted:

But if you just disappear i am going to keep calling and sending emails until i get a loving response.

start wearing this on your dates so both of the parties can avoid any awkward situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

opus111 posted:

lmao every rejected man is a possible elliot rodgers shithead!!!

rape culture

• Locked thread