Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If there isn't a scene of him ripping a quinjet apart I will be pretty sad.

I hope he's a lil red Hulk :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Tancharoen is the shows stunt coordinator or choreographer.

Melissa Tancharoen is AoS showrunner.

Or I am missing :thejoke:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 2, Episode 20.

I really want to know who Koenig's sister is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PunkBoy posted:

I really want to know who Koenig's sister is.

Spider-Woman! No wait, Squirrel Girl! Maybe Dazzler? Dang, that can't happen.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Also artwork for part 1 of the finale. Part 2 is tomorrow.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/06/penultimate-agents-shield-art-evolution-sets-stage-intense-finale

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Oh man i love floating Marvel heads in the upper left corner, brings back childhood memories.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cal. :allears: If only we could use a .GIF as a thread title...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cal better not kill anyone I care about next week. :ohdear:

I'd love it if he could survive and stay on the show but I'm almost certain they'll be killing him off.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
So my question is why aren't the inhumans a little more curious about Skye saying she physically spoke to a Kree? That should kinda be a big deal to them are the Kree are basically gods to them being their creators.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm a little annoyed Mack left without even a scene with Fitz. Hell, they haven't really had any scenes since the RuulShield invasion, have they?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

drat good acting imo.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FoF posted:

So my question is why aren't the inhumans a little more curious about Skye saying she physically spoke to a Kree? That should kinda be a big deal to them are the Kree are basically gods to them being their creators.

Well the Kree also declared them abominations and wanted to wipe them out. I'd imagine the news that Kree are around and Skye met one could also account for Afterlife being really cagey.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Dan Didio, Barry Convex. Does it tire you, being wrong all the time?

This last episode is pretty good.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I have mad respect for the show for not making Gonzalez the one who broke the peace. He had some bad ideas, but a lot of good ones as well, and I don't know that Coulson would have fared much better with Jiaying, because the entire idea of putting Jiaying's people on some kind of tracking list would be abhorrent to her no matter who presented it and how they communicated the idea.

Some people here are confusingly, thinking suddenly Jiaying is now a villain for what she did to Gonzalez. But what's so drat effective about this twist is that right up until this point, we've been given no reason to feel anything but positive feelings about her, and understand her decision-making process. SHIELD is a direct threat to her people, and she has absolutely no guarantee that they won't devolve into HYDRA-like behavior. Especially given that a large chunk of SHIELD turned out to be HYDRA. It's not rhetoric to say that this kind of registration could slide into persecution. There is an actual slippery slope there. Jiaying's been hurt or had her people hurt too many times to trust people like Gonzalez.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

Spider-Woman! No wait, Squirrel Girl! Maybe Dazzler? Dang, that can't happen.

Jocasta.

Yeah, Jiayang was experimented on and indexed by literal Nazis. She's going to be a crazy paranoid about anyone else doing it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wonder why Jiaying doesn't call Daisy by her given name.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Error 404 posted:

Well the Kree also declared them abominations and wanted to wipe them out. I'd imagine the news that Kree are around and Skye met one could also account for Afterlife being really cagey.

Yeah, the Inhumans and the Kree have a very...complicated relationship.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Spatula City posted:

Some people here are confusingly, thinking suddenly Jiaying is now a villain for what she did to Gonzalez.

Probably because she murdered a dude and then shot herself in the shoulder to pretend like it was self defense.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

It's also remarkably consistent with her view towards the outside world. During the ep where she wants to dump Cal on the outside world without telling him, she repeatedly brushes off Skye's concerns about basically unleashing a juiced-up rage bomb on innocents as it not being Afterlife or the Inhumans' concern. Jiaying has one, and only one responsibility, keep her people safe and their location secret, and now that their location is known and SHIELD has a goddamn "break stone in case of Inhumans going out of control," and the outside world is making overtures to register and tag them like dangerous animals, why shouldn't she take the nuclear option?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
So it seems like this is heading for a hell of an escalation. The inhumans could easily just say "gently caress it" and start activating whole batches of them, while SHIELD has the anti-inhuman doomsday device.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MikeJF posted:

I'm a little annoyed Mack left without even a scene with Fitz. Hell, they haven't really had any scenes since the RuulShield invasion, have they?
I imagine he's going to help Hunter find Bobbi in the finale

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

It's also remarkably consistent with her view towards the outside world. During the ep where she wants to dump Cal on the outside world without telling him, she repeatedly brushes off Skye's concerns about basically unleashing a juiced-up rage bomb on innocents as it not being Afterlife or the Inhumans' concern. Jiaying has one, and only one responsibility, keep her people safe and their location secret, and now that their location is known and SHIELD has a goddamn "break stone in case of Inhumans going out of control," and the outside world is making overtures to register and tag them like dangerous animals, why shouldn't she take the nuclear option?

In retrospect I feel bad for Cal because I imagine he thinks she's doing this to protect their family - which she is - but to her that doesn't include him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wonder why Jiaying doesn't call Daisy by her given name.

Cal insists on calling her Daisy because he clung onto his memories of her as he went insane. Jiaying gave her up for dead, so has less trouble accepting Skye as she is now, name and all.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The episode was much better on a second viewing because I wasn't pissed about the "obvious" plot. I paid more attention so it was nice seeing it all come together.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That is by far and away my favorite of all the episode covers. Love that old school Marvel feel.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope simmons dies.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Simmons fate is the same as all Marvel female characters. She'll catch a bout of the Peggy Carters and also probably be unable to have children.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Would Jiaying have killed Coulson? :ohdear:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

greatn posted:

Simmons fate is the same as all Marvel female characters. She'll catch a bout of the Peggy Carters and also probably be unable to have children.

it'll turn out that she lost her ability to have sex after she went through a super hardcore training program when she was younger the academic decathlon team

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

nooneofconsequence posted:

Maybe Coulson's Kree blood transfusion would have protected him.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

drat good acting imo.

True that.

If Cal kills off Fitz or Simmons next week instead of a bunch of redshirts I'll be really mad with him.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

greatn posted:

be unable to have children.

I'm having an issue believing that's actually a thing people are freaking out over. I mean, really?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Relevant from the same site:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/28/hayley-atwell-dmv-photo?121

:3:

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

bio347 posted:

I'd like to know why Bobbi decided to immediately leave the plane instead of checking in with HQ first. Hell, why leave at all when she knew that she wasn't anywhere near anything? For being a supposedly competent spy, she seems to get idiot-ball'd a lot.

Yeah, that was the one glaringly dumb moment in the episode. What would Ward have done if Bobbi had just turned the jet around? Stood out in the cornfield not shooting at dogs?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

gannyGrabber posted:

Man, for an episode I thought the show was going to go back to being fun, but now it's just drama poo poo again.

Bring back season 1.

Source your quotes.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I hope he's a lil red Hulk :3

Anything short of him grabbing people and ragdolling them or using one agent to beat another agent to death will be pretty disappointing.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Is the actress who plays Jaiying pregnant? Because they pulled out all the old TV baby-bump hiding techniques for her.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nooneofconsequence posted:

The diviner wouldn't have killed him. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

The diviner wouldn't have killed him. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Coulson becomes Black Bolt

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Onean posted:

I'm having an issue believing that's actually a thing people are freaking out over. I mean, really?

To be fair the editing was super, super lovely in that part. It showed us lots of stuff and images that completely, utterly made sense if you watched Agent Carter; but for the other 90% of people watching, it was cut together in a way that made it very unclear what the hell she was talking about there, and I can see how people would jump to the wrong conclusion.

I literally blame the editing for that whole mess. It probably doesn't help that Whedon himself has been on record saying he was unable to watch a start to finish cut of the movie because of whatever behind the scenes poo poo was going down on this one apparently utterly and completely burning him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I am hugely interested to see where things go with May. She's in a very interesting position right now, emotionally and professionally. She's kind of Coulson's boss now, right? It's hard to tell how things will play out, but with Gonzales dead she could actually end up taking over his position as the hardass that opposes Coulson's ideas.

• Locked thread