Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Holy poo poo, Motosport Manager is great. This scratches an itch I've had for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like the original Kingdom Rush has gone from a premium app to free. The game has always had IAPs but it looks like nothing else has been added due to the price change (well, not from what I can gather anyway).

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oopa wrong thread

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

Don't tease the octopus kids!
I know it's a bit old now, but Riptide GP2 was a great racing game. Big fan of that one and was thinking of getting back into it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Popping in to say that if you have the tolerance for mobile pokemon grindy games like Summoners War and Puzzle & Dragons, the new Marvel Future Fight game is actually very well polished and a decent time waster, although it's an ARPG instead of turn based. Like all games now, it's rotten with every mobile trope (energy bar, star tiered team members, repeating levels to gain items, expensive IAPs, asyncrhonous whalebait pvp). They had the difficulty way overtuned in soft launch/beta but they have walked that back and progress isn't too difficult now. Overall I'm enjoying it, it has some really nice graphics and if you have some Home Depot bucks there is an item for $3.50 that gives you 300 + 75 gems per day for a month which winds up being about $40 worth at current prices.

Anyway if you are playing this feel free to add me, ign is Syrinxx

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just in time for the console version to be released three weeks ago, the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X is out of soft launch for Android. Anyone who's played Injustice Mobile or WWE Immortals should be very familiar with how the game is like (ie. super simplified fighting and endless card collecting).

Also, there's a new Humble Mobile Bundle out! The games this round are:

The Last Express
Spaceteam Premium
Tilt to Live 2
Monument Valley (beat the average)
Blek (beat the average)
Joe Danger (beat the average)

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 5, 2015

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Just in time for the console version to be released three weeks ago, the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X is out of soft launch for Android. Anyone who's played Injustice Mobile or WWE Immortals should be very familiar with how the game is like (ie. super simplified fighting and endless card collecting).

Also, there's a new Humble Mobile Bundle out! The games this round are:

The Last Express
Spaceteam Premium
Tilt to Live 2
Monument Valley (beat the average)
Blek (beat the average)
Joe Danger (beat the average)

The Tilt to Live series is one of my favorites. If you need a game to fill the 'I've got four minutes of downtime and I just want some simple action' then you can't do much better.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Grim Fandango Remastered is out for Android. You can grab it for the sale price of $10.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

mrkillboy posted:

Grim Fandango Remastered is out for Android. You can grab it for the sale price of $10.

3.2 gigs, jesus christ

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Icewind Dale EE is 60% off right now.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 6, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone ever play this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ravensburgerdigital.ScotlandYardHD

It looks and sounds kind of neat but I dunno if it actually will be. I've bought so many board games that sound neat and really aren't I've gotten really wary at impulse buying them.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Adventure Capitalist just pushed an update with two more 'levels', like making money on the moon and I don't know what the third is.

I was just about to uninstall it due to beating it tomorrow :(

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Rapner posted:

Adventure Capitalist just pushed an update with two more 'levels', like making money on the moon and I don't know what the third is.

I was just about to uninstall it due to beating it tomorrow :(

I haven't opened that game in nearly two weeks. I bet I have a 900 quadrillion dollars waiting for me.

edit: only 475 quadrillion :(

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pretty good stealth shooter CounterSpy is on sale for 99 cents. Monument Valley is also on sale for 99 cents, and Icewind Dale for just over $4.

The devs behind Goat Simulator have also put out a spin-off of their game called GoatZ for anyone who wished Goat Simulator needed more zombies.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 7, 2015

sixdeadpandas
Jan 15, 2011

that was a disappointing GIS

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Is Icewind Dale good to jump right into if I've never played either of the Baldurs series? Is one better than the other? Or should I just sit on my play credit for something else?

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

Don't tease the octopus kids!

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Is Icewind Dale good to jump right into if I've never played either of the Baldurs series? Is one better than the other? Or should I just sit on my play credit for something else?

There's a bit of a learning curve and the controls don't translate well on mobile (better on tablets). Otherwise, it's a good game.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Pudding Huxtable posted:

As to story stuff, they're pretty much unrelated.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I haven't opened that game in nearly two weeks. I bet I have a 900 quadrillion dollars waiting for me.

edit: only 475 quadrillion :(

Now claim all the angel investors you've accumulated and get back to that same spot in 2 minutes. Or don't, I can't put it down for some reason. :(

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Syrinxx posted:

Anyway if you are playing this feel free to add me, ign is Syrinxx

:argh: This might be the first mobile game I drop money on, due to current obsession with the Avengers team, and Black Widow in particular. Sent a friend request as Sionna.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Star Trek Trexels, a starship management game which appears to take some inspiration from games like Tiny Tower, is now out for Android.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Star Trek Trexels, a starship management game which appears to take some inspiration from games like Tiny Tower, is now out for Android.

Oh poo poo, I've been wanting a game like this on my tablet forever.
Good find.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So far it's everything Star Command should have been.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

AbsolutZeroGI posted:

There's a bit of a learning curve and the controls don't translate well on mobile (better on tablets). Otherwise, it's a good game.
It's the most straightforward one, and has the least pointless exploration between big fights. I remember some of the higher level encounters requiring a LOT of spell management though, so I wouldn't dare try it on a phone.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

mrkillboy posted:

Angry Joe ripped that game when it came out for paywalls and IAPs. Not sure if it matters since every single game has gated progress and IAPs now.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I heard Tiny Towers and didn't even click. Not being a Star Trek fan helps.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Yeah, that was a pretty short install for me, after noticing the millions of timers and micro managing necessary it was easy to give it a pass. A shame, should have been fun.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, nevermind, it also runs way worse than I'd expect a game of its nature to run on my memopad 8.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It's pretty choppy but I think that's part of the look.. as though it's way too retro. I'm going to give it a fair shake in between all the other nonsense I have running right now. Just a slew of solid games coming out these days.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Just beat 1000000 (or whatever number of 0s go there). It's a solid game. You never feel like you're really grinding and it does a great job of making sure that every run through the dungeon gives you some sense of progress. Definitely worth the money.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Any recommendations on shoot-'em-ups/bullet hell games with reasonable ship/weapon upgrade trees? I enjoyed Sky Force 2014 a fair amount, although towards the end the costs for upgrades got pretty steep. I also tried Squadron - Bullet Hell, and while I liked the weapon upgrades and different ships, nothing carried over between levels, and they all felt really same-y.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

hooah posted:

Any recommendations on shoot-'em-ups/bullet hell games with reasonable ship/weapon upgrade trees? I enjoyed Sky Force 2014 a fair amount, although towards the end the costs for upgrades got pretty steep. I also tried Squadron - Bullet Hell, and while I liked the weapon upgrades and different ships, nothing carried over between levels, and they all felt really same-y.

Tyrian 2000 is pretty decent.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I downloaded 家電少女 Kaden Shoujo (consumer electronics girls) and the entire thing is very silly and not especially entertaining.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

dpack_1 posted:

Tyrian 2000 is pretty decent.

I can't find that in the Play Store, but there is Open Tyrian.

Edit: Oh god it's a vertical scroller in landscape mode, why?!

hooah fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 7, 2015

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Just beat 1000000 (or whatever number of 0s go there). It's a solid game. You never feel like you're really grinding and it does a great job of making sure that every run through the dungeon gives you some sense of progress. Definitely worth the money.

Yeah its a great game, looking forward to the sequel.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
FYI - if you got in on the Amazon Coins they were giving away last year, they'll be expiring at the end of the month.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

datajosh posted:

FYI - if you got in on the Amazon Coins they were giving away last year, they'll be expiring at the end of the month.

Bah, I have $10 there still with nothing particularly catching my eye.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. I was looking for stuff to spend the paltry 129 coins I have left and stumbled upon this developer who has clearly found the secret to success.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=T-Bull%20Sp.%20z%20o.o.&node=2350149011

I think their next game in development is Call of Destined Titan: Pursuit of Dead Effect

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

^^^^^^Holy crap you arent kidding.

Welp, wayward souls and monument valley here I come. gotta spend that sweet 1000 coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

If you run out of things to spend coins on, you could always donate to the pixel dungeon guy multiple times. I kind of think I might end up doing that.