Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Those bikinis have to be painted on too.

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't get why people apparently want a movie about a collection of murderers, thugs, and insane people to be all bright colors and goofy costumes.

They actually asked Patrick Stewart to wear it. Hence the face.

Plenty of comic villains commit murder in colorful costumes. A more subdued look can work depending on the story, like in the new Daredevil show for example, but with a ensemble movie the audience has to be able to easily pick apart the characters, and colors are the easiest way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Michael Pena and Bobby Cannavalle, eh? Man it's too bad this movie is gonna suck.

I'm holding out a little hope because the director did Down With Love, which is one of my favorite movies, but yeah, probably gonna be mediocre.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

I Before E posted:

I'm holding out a little hope because the director did Down With Love, which is one of my favorite movies, but yeah, probably gonna be mediocre.

Yeah, it was decent enough to watch on an airplane.

That movie's main problem was that it wasn't sure what it wanted to be, a spoof or an homage.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

I Before E posted:

He also made 'Bring It On', which I contend is very much underrated. And he wanted to do Fantastic Four as a bright period piece, which works a lot more than what they're going for now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Good Things Come In... OH MY GOD!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They're running a train on that poor kid.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Human Centipede Four

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Kurtofan posted:

The Human Centipede Four

I think you mean Inhuman

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The MSJ posted:

Good Things Come In... OH MY GOD!

What's the bottom kid's supernatural trait? That he's ginger?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think thats a bit different than the Yogi Bear one.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What's the bottom kid's supernatural trait? That he's ginger?

He doesn't have one. The plot of the first movie was about him, a human, staying at Hotel Transylvania, a hotel for universal monster men. Also he banged Dracula's daughter. A surprisingly good movie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Also he banged Dracula's daughter.

Looks like she banged him:getin:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was surprised how much I liked that movie.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It had a dance party at the end though. Has any movie ever successfully pulled that off except Shrek? Really asking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a game, but Saints Row 4 did.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Pierson posted:

It had a dance party at the end though. Has any movie ever successfully pulled that off except Shrek? Really asking.

This is the End

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Pierson posted:

Caddyshack

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Nary an even eyebrow in that poster. 'tsa Dreamworks movie alright.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pierson posted:

Damsels in Distress.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The last Hotel Transylvania had a poster with the ginger that just said "Check it out! I'm a Franken-Homie!" on it. I still don't know what that means, or who thought it was funny.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mantis42 posted:

A surprisingly good movie.

It was by Genndy Tartakovsky, his whole deal these days is making things that are way better than they should be. See also: the 2d Clone Wars shorts, the opening to Priest.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Huh. Had no idea he did the opening to Priest. Man I thought I was in for a treat with that one.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

The teaser poster was solid and it looks awesome at large size in a theater:

Marvel tends to do these awful "floating head" posters for the main release cause it's what the marketing/bean counter people tell them will sell. It's not that big a deal in the end cause better posters almost always end up coming out unless you're that weird guy who has to display his blu-rays face out.

It feels, though, like for this movie they really need to push the concept more. It's a film about a superhero whose power is being tiny, yes it's weird, they need to make that the hook rather than try to steer around it. I feel like they could do that and still have the floating heads somehow.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Let everyone have a giant floating head except for Rudd who has a microscopic floating head.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

Let everyone have a giant floating head except for Rudd who has a microscopic floating head.

Have Rudd in the middle and then have the floating heads perspective'd like they're a hundred feet tall.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

I would've preferred they just have a tiny Paul Rudd in there.

Instead it just looks like it got scanned through the Marvel marketing machine where they churned out the same poster they do for everything else. I think this is their hardest sell so far, but curiously, does anyone know the budget?

I remember way back when Wright was first attached the idea was meant to be that Marvel were going to let people take a crack at these characters that weren't top tier household names and do so on smaller budgets, obviously that fell completely by the wayside, but it seemed initially to be more filmmaker friendly. It's kind of like what Disney are doing now with their Star Wars spinoffs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Ant Man looks like it'll be Iron Man: Paul Rudd edition and I get the feeling that it won't be very good. If you compare that leaked test Edgar Wright footage to the trailers you can see that that the same hallway fight is in both and the Wright version is a hell of a lot more dynamic.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Ant Man looks like it'll be Iron Man: Paul Rudd edition and I get the feeling that it won't be very good. If you compare that leaked test Edgar Wright footage to the trailers you can see that that the same hallway fight is in both and the Wright version is a hell of a lot more dynamic.

Well apparently they were still using Wright's storyboards for the action scenes since the effects work would've already started on them.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think about the leaked teaser and get depressed. Not one frame seems wasted and in the actual trailer it just seems like they butchered whatever joke was there.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DrVenkman posted:

Well apparently they were still using Wright's storyboards for the action scenes since the effects work would've already started on them.

Yeah but it's a lot more boring

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Pierson posted:

Shrek did not pull it off. That poo poo was unbearable.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Pierson posted:

Zatoichi

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

edit n/m

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 7, 2015

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Every Antman poster should be a game of "where is waldo"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pierson posted:

40 year-old virgin.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pierson posted:

Shrek 2?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mr.capps posted:

Every Antman poster should be a game of "where is waldo"

This is kind of genius.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

DrVenkman posted:

I remember way back when Wright was first attached the idea was meant to be that Marvel were going to let people take a crack at these characters that weren't top tier household names and do so on smaller budgets, obviously that fell completely by the wayside, but it seemed initially to be more filmmaker friendly. It's kind of like what Disney are doing now with their Star Wars spinoffs.

They're doing that with their Netflix series now; Daredevil was the more grounded and well-known introduction but Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage are all getting their own series plus at least one crossover in the future.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I am really excited to see what they'll do with AKA Jessica Jones. I wonder if Rosario Dawson will reprise Night Nurse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanna see them do a legal comedy series with She-Hulk.