Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Does the Punisher have an easy way to deal with the dude made of sand?

It's the end of the world. I doubt he went in with much forethought. He's probably gonna use all the bullets he's got, and if someone like Sandman who's too tough to kill comes along he'll just die doing what he loved: killing criminals indiscriminately.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Still digging Squirrel Girl (#5).

Indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Gaz-L posted:

Who's who@whocares.com supposed to be? Mysterio?

I'm guessing the Owl.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TwoPair posted:

It's the end of the world. I doubt he went in with much forethought. He's probably gonna use all the bullets he's got, and if someone like Sandman who's too tough to kill comes along he'll just die doing what he loved: killing criminals indiscriminately.

Indeed.

Who's guy three there? I see Nick, Tony and ?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

All New Captain America Special #1

Dacap fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 7, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Apparently FalCap hates tables just as much as he hates saving Spider-Man.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DigitalRaven posted:

Apparently FalCap hates tables just as much as he hates saving Spider-Man.

Sorry bout that, was posting on mobile. Fixed it now

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

CzarChasm posted:

Who's guy three there? I see Nick, Tony and ?

It's Nu Fury's oldest friend Cheese.

(it's Coulson)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Can Falcon actually talk to birds in the comics?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He can.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

What happened to Redwing anyway? Other than that pet avengers appearance in Guardians Team-Up, I haven't seen him in ages.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dacap posted:

Someone has made a mistake and drawn Deadpool as Spider-man.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Dacap posted:

Why would falling be somehow detrimental to spiderman? Can't he just web a building and turn a fall into a swing? Or make himself a web net? Did he somehow lose his web powers in that issue?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well you see it is humorous banter.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

khy posted:

Why would falling be somehow detrimental to spiderman? Can't he just web a building and turn a fall into a swing? Or make himself a web net? Did he somehow lose his web powers in that issue?

And today we've discovered one reason why people on the "mechanical shooters" side of the debate love them-- he can run out of web-fluid and create tension.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SilverSupernova posted:

What happened to Redwing anyway? Other than that pet avengers appearance in Guardians Team-Up, I haven't seen him in ages.

He is currently in his Captain America title.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dacap posted:

Man I love the black and red Spider-man costume. It's so cool.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Waterhaul posted:

It's Nu Fury's oldest friend Cheese.

(it's Coulson)

I can actually see Clark Gregg saying that, so kudos to the writer.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

Can't spidey enjoy somebody saving him for once?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

redbackground posted:

Can't spidey enjoy somebody saving him for once?

Yes but it doesn't make SENSE Oh my god I've turned into my father. This is exactly like him when we watched iron man and he kept saying Tony should have died doing the thrust experiments and slammed into a wall.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
To be fair, Iron Man breaks immersion pretty hard when he slams into things at about 200mph without lasting effect. Even without the armour.

Yes my immersion dammit.

Avengers 2 spoiler: More recently immersion was shattered when Tony beat the Hulk in a fistfight somehow.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cheshire Puss posted:

To be fair, Iron Man breaks immersion pretty hard when he slams into things at about 200mph without lasting effect. Even without the armour.

Yes my immersion dammit.

Avengers 2 spoiler: More recently immersion was shattered when Tony beat the Hulk in a fistfight somehow.

Doesn't the Hulkbuster armor have a long history of being one of the only non-gamma things to be able to beat Hulk?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Veronica was built for the sole purpose of beating Hulk and was designed by Tony and Bruce

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Veronica was built for the sole purpose of beating Hulk and was designed by Tony and Bruce

Also this.

And am I the only one who thought the idea of it being called "Veronica" loving hysterical?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also this.

And am I the only one who thought the idea of it being called "Veronica" loving hysterical?

Nope. I thought it was great.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cheshire Puss posted:

Yes my immersion dammit.

My impression was that Tony didn't really beat him in a fist fight, just that he snapped out of Wanda's spell by being punched in the head a lot. Banner sort of has control over the Hulk in AoU and when the skyscraper crashes he looks around at civilians and gets a look

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
RE; spoilers, I took that last moment of the scene as a comparison joke from a scene in the first avengers movie anyway. "Hey, remember this? It's happening to HIM now! FUNNY!"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

Nope. I thought it was great.

What's the joke?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Doesn't the Hulkbuster armor have a long history of being one of the only non-gamma things to be able to beat Hulk?

I don't think it's got more than a 50% success rate, at best.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

qntm posted:

What's the joke?

Betty Ross.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

qntm posted:

What's the joke?

It's called Veronica because Betty and Veronica.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In this thread: We explain the most obvious and basic jokes ever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Knock Knock

Who's There?

That was the set-up, this is the punchline.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Rhyno posted:

In this thread: We explain the most obvious and basic jokes ever.

Archie doesn't hold the same place in the public consciousness as it once did and people forget Betty Ross even exists.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

Archie doesn't hold the same place in the public consciousness as it once did and people forget Betty Ross even exists.

I remember her only as 'the boring girl who used to calm the Hulk down before the much more badass Black Widow took over that role'.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

khy posted:

I remember her only as 'the boring girl who used to calm the Hulk down before the much more badass Black Widow took over that role'.

Yes Liv Tyler is the clear "loser's prize."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

mind the walrus posted:

Yes Liv Tyler is the clear "loser's prize."

That depends, does the winner get Jennifer Connelly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you don't know who Archie's and the Hulk's girlfriends are what the hell are you doing in BSS?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rhyno posted:

If you don't know who Archie's and the Hulk's girlfriends are what the hell are you doing in BSS?

Reading only the webcomic threads myself!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Phylodox posted:

That depends, does the winner get Jennifer Connelly?

That's like saying is 2 billion really that much better than 1 billion. Like yeah it is obviously but it's not like 1 billion is going to leave you pining for that 2 unless you're a straight-up glutton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Best without context, I think, and since this is literally the first comic series I've ever read (Thanks, Marvel Unlimited promo codes), I didn't understand at all. Probably why I thought it was funny.

Avengers (2010) Issue #20

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 8, 2015