Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Why the gently caress are you nerds trying so hard to convince me to buy the Rudy? I HARDLY EVEN PLAY ANYMORE!! GOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am actually surprised a lot of you are getting the Rudy. Then general goon opinion on tanks with bad depression is to avoid them it seems.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
It's nice to see these special vehicles in game, but where the hell is my special edition Lulubelle? :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

BadLlama posted:

I am actually surprised a lot of you are getting the Rudy. Then general goon opinion on tanks with bad depression is to avoid them it seems.

It has 7 degrees of depression. That's not that bad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So that explains the Cromwell B traverse rate. Wargaming find so many new ways to be hilarious.

I just used Amazon to process my credit card because lol using international banks makes my card go bananas.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

It has 7 degrees of depression. That's not that bad.

Oh Tank compare is tell me it has 4?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I'm a colossal retard.

Receipt.
Date: 07/05/2015 2:53:32 PM
Vehicles added: T-34-85 Rudy
Recruits: Serzhant Kos (Commander, T-34-85 Rudy, 100%), Mladshiy Serzhant Jeleń (Gunner, T-34-85 Rudy, 100%), Mladshiy Serzhant Saakaszwili (Driver, T-34-85 Rudy, 100%), Yefreytor Czereśniak (Loader, T-34-85 Rudy, 100%)
Slots added: 1

Premium Shop
Gold added to your account: 4,250.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

BadLlama posted:

It's 4 off the back of the tank. For some reason it's wrong

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

BadLlama posted:

Yeah that's a glitch. In-game it says 7, and Quickybaby confirmed in his preview video.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh nice, time to throw the T-34-85M into the trashcan.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, sort of regret buying that a few weeks ago. Not too much though, it's still fun in its own way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

It's bollocks that the EU server doesn't get the 122. The reason given was that we get the Cromwell as exclusive and the Russians get the 122.

But of course, NA gets both.

Hey, the NA cluster has 10s of users on in primetime, they need whatever carrot they can to keep people playing. My matches most of the time have anywhere from 8-12 35-45% winrate guys per side. It's like bot matches.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Assuming you're even moderately good at the game, that must be hilarious, like shooting ducks in a barrel.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Apparently a WG rep on the polish forum confirmed that the BiA on the Berlin tank crews is a O skill by the way. So functions like the female crews.

That the 0 skills are bugged at the moment is another matter entirely.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Assuming you're even moderately good at the game, that must be hilarious, like shooting ducks in a barrel.

The real problem is you have zero support of any variety. You'll have 7 guys go on a flank and they'll die in 15 seconds flat. AFK bots in spawn are way better because you don't expect them to even pretend to delay a push. It's easy to look at the minimap and say "man, those 8 guys will totally keep them off my rear end for a couple minutes" and then get raped from behind because they don't even manage to stop people from driving straight past them

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah the problem is primarily that even 45% shitters will eventually get the idea that you're by yourself and they can just bumrush you en masse and kill you.

Literally all I want is teammates that die slowly. They don't even have to do a good job dealing damage, just die slowly enough to give me time to kill people. In fact, preferably deal little damage but take forever to die so I have more time to farm XP and credits.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That afk bot in cap can also be useful from time to time because it'll sometimes spot retards going for fast cap who neglect any idea of cover as they rush across the field allowing you to murder them or reset.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
In the case of the ISU-122S, should I go all camo as a secondary skill and then cross train sixth sense once everyone is at 100%?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

The real problem is you have zero support of any variety. You'll have 7 guys go on a flank and they'll die in 15 seconds flat. AFK bots in spawn are way better because you don't expect them to even pretend to delay a push. It's easy to look at the minimap and say "man, those 8 guys will totally keep them off my rear end for a couple minutes" and then get raped from behind because they don't even manage to stop people from driving straight past them

That's funny, this is word by word exactly how players on the EU cluster perform too.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That afk bot in cap can also be useful from time to time because it'll sometimes spot retards going for fast cap who neglect any idea of cover as they rush across the field allowing you to murder them or reset.

Yeah honestly I always have to think for a bit when I run into an enemy afk at their base. Do I shoot them? Am I spotted? I can't just ignore him and keep driving, then I know he'll spot me.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Apparently a WG rep on the polish forum confirmed that the BiA on the Berlin tank crews is a O skill by the way. So functions like the female crews.

That the 0 skills are bugged at the moment is another matter entirely.

HOw are they bugged tell me.,

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My favorite is in tier 10 games where the enemy has two WTE-100 spotted and various other tanks watching a lane and the team decides its a good idea to just drive through that lane. 10 seconds later I check the mini map and what do you know 6 dead friendly tanks. *returns to spawn kills arty Esc back to garage*

Seriously though I think the hardest part for new players to get in this game is you do not have to fight enemy tanks 90% of the time, nothing is keeping you engaged but yourself. If you run into a KV-1 and you suck and can't pen him nothing is keeping you right there to helplessly bounce off of them. Back up and go do something else.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 7, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Seriously though I think the hardest part for new players to get in this game is you do not have to fight enemy tanks 90% of the time, nothing is keeping you engaged but yourself. If you run into a KV-1 and you suck and can't pen him nothing is keeping you right there to helplessly bounce off of them. Back up and go do something else.

In my Rudy, I was the only tank on my team in middle on Komarin (we had 12 tanks in J9). Their team had only an M5 in middle. I was perfectly content to shoot their idle Pz4 or KV-85, or the dude in the SU-100 that bounced my 80 degree side twice and called me lucky, but no this M5 decides to broadside me, bounce five shots with his puny T1 Cunningham gun, and make me use three shots to permatrack and kill him.

I was gonna let you live buddy. I didn't give a poo poo about you, go kill my moron teammates that you can actually pen. Ain't gotta throw your life away.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I peaked around a corner, shot one dude and then got arty'd immediately in my second game in the Cromwell B. 25k credits. :downs:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Refried Noodle posted:

HOw are they bugged tell me.,

They get an extra skill (BiA) for free that doesn't count towards the experience requirement for the next skill. So one of these crews with 3 skills (BiA/repairs/camo for example) would earn experience at the same rate as a regular crew with 2 skills (repairs/camo).

That is, until 9.7 hit and they don't do that because :WG:

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

That's lovely.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

maev posted:

Cromwell, IS2 and T-34-85 with 100% crew skill and free brothers in arms, AND premium credit making? Time to pay to win fellas.

gently caress yesss!

(Am I doing it rite? :ohdear:)

BIG HEADLINE posted:

IS-2 vs. IS: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/is-2/is#T1=649I524I447I779I183&T2=327I261I234I409I174

EDIT: Had stock values set on the IS, new link fixes them.

IS-2 gets *horrible* signal range @ 440m.

Comparison between the T-34-85's: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/t-34-85/t-34-85-rudy/t-34-85m#T1=341I259I243I425I172&T2=650I525I448I780I195&T3=542I441I370I653I195

And the Cromwells: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/cromwell/cromwell-b#T1=99I83I67I120I130&T2=631I520I101I750I136

And for completion's sake, an ISU-152 with the top D-25T variant and the ISU-122S (prepare to be underwhelmed): http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/isu-152/isu-122s#T1=368I278I234I461I174&T2=651I526I447I781I183

SU-152 w/top 122mm vs. ISU-122S (not much better): http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/su-152/isu-122s#T1=339I278I233I423I174&T2=651I526I447I781I183

It's pretty clear just from the pricing alone that the ISU-122S is the disappointment/Japanese Cruiser of the lot.

Did you mean to compare the IS with the Chinese IS-2 in the first link?

This comparison might be more useful: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/is-2/is/is-2_1#T1=458I364I307I560I202&T2=327I261I234I409I174&T3=649I524I447I779I183

Also I think this is a little easier on the eyes in terms of comparing the TDs: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/isu-152/isu-122s/su-152#T1=368I278I234I461I174&T2=651I526I447I781I183&T3=339I278I233I423I174

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Evidently the Cromwell B gets sickening terrain passage buffs: http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/351o59/cromwell_b_t3485_rudy_and_russian_is2_compared_to/

I'm not saying it isn't good, I'm just saying since the highest-tier British MT I have is the Firefly, I won't get as much use out of it as I would the Rudy. The Cromwell B also packs the top gun's stats with a lesser gun's name.

People have said good things about the IS-2 as well, but quite honestly the Churchill III and KV-220 are vastly superior HT crew trainers already.

They certainly know if you want two of them, that you'll almost certainly fish for the full package. However, if you buy the Rudy and Cromwell B singularly, you get 8600g and the tanks for $71.98, while the full package comes with all four tanks for $74.99 but only adds 30d of premium time, while you effectively get three months of premium (or whatever the gently caress you want to spend 8.6k gold on) buying the Rudy and C-B alone.

I did some rough math, and if you deduct the value of the gold from each of the individual packages, the tanks themselves cost ~$88 total, while their cost in the bundle minus the premium time is $65. So anyone desiring to purchase all 4 tanks should take this into consideration.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When you think about it, the game went 'P2W' the moment they allowed you to substitute gold outright for xp. You don't even have to earn xp to convert anymore. I have 17,887 Comet xp (I was wrong when I said the Firefly was my highest-tier UK MT) and 62,033 free xp, but for that plus 804g more, I can unlock the Centurion Mk. I. :colbert:

Or skip the remainder of games in my Rhoomba and get into the Pz. IV WT for 3707g. Not that anyone would since the Rhm's still a fun tank even with the vision nerf.

Uh, what are you talking about? You still have to earn the XP to convert it. Are you talking about how they tweaked the interface so that you don't have to manually convert it ahead of time? When you try to research something but don't have enough tank+free XP and it offers to convert from gold, it's just converting locked XP on your other tanks without going to that screen.

Gervasius posted:

Crucial question about new premiums - does Rudy comes with a dog as a crew member, and if yes, what position is he on?

Mine does not have a dog, the tank just has 4 crew positions.

Panfilo posted:

The T1 heavy tank has an optional engine upgrade in its tech tree. Is it worth spending the 15k exp to get it? On one hand, it will give my T1 a bit more pep and allow me to elite it later on. But on the other hand, it just makes moving on to the next heavy tank in the line take 15K longer, and I'm already having a frustrating time with the T1 especially up against KV2s and such.

It's a decent HP boost, and the engine will also carry over to the M6. It does provide a useful increase in mobility to both tanks, but it's a little overpriced for that module tier. The T1 is a fun little "heavy", in that it's a fat medium; it was actually fun to play because it has a decent (albeit medium-class) gun for the tier and good mobility for a heavy. Struggling against a KV-2 is not a mark against any tank.

If you get the engine now, it will delay the acquisition of the M6, but will make the M6 play better. If you delay the engine upgrade you'll still want to get it on the M6 even though it's optional, because the M6 is good enough to be a keeper. In that case, however, the priority would be acquiring the 90 mm gun first (which requires the turret, and might require the tracks.)

CompeAnansi posted:

For those of you who are giving me flack for not using a rammer on every tank, my inspiration for that was this article: http://wotlabs.net/articles/rethinking-rammer/. But I can put it back on all my tanks.

It's good that you're reading articles from experts and looking for advice, but that doesn't mean you should pull equipment like rammers from all your tanks immediately. A couple of considerations: "On many of the other nations’ tanks, the rammer is going to be the way to go as the fire control is manageable with only a Stabilizer. But there are still many tanks where the aim time is ridiculous, and with an aggressive playstyle I now believe the rammer should be left in the garage for some playstyles and tanks." Also, the article is more than a year old, and there have been quite a few changes to tanks and aim mechanics since then. Note that the article still refers to the old tier 6 KV-1S. The point is that you need to think about each tank individually, rather than making blanket decisions like to avoid rammers entirely. For example, Coated Optics is a good module, but you don't put it on every tank (particularly those with miserably low view range to begin with.) You should mount a Vstab on anything that can hold it, and possibly an eGLD on anything that cannot mount the former but with long aim time. Typically you have the rammer on most tanks because more damage is good; I have all 3 of the aforementioned modules on any of my higher-tier high-aimtime tanks that can mount them all (such as the Soviet heavies) because they have lovely gun handling. Vents are a controversial topic; generally you avoid them if there's a better equipment choice, but they're a no-brainer on lower-tiers when nothing else is appropriate. Take a look at the available equipment for any given tank and you'll see there are usually only 3-5 viable choices.

I'd give you gold for this if you were in PANSY, you sweet, sweet son of a bitch.

Slaapaav posted:

im pretty sure all the engine stats that get shown are just cosmetic. the way the engines actually work is all done under the hood.

I C WOT U DID THAR! :iiaca:

Agrajag posted:

I'm a colossal retard.

Tell us something we don't know! :rolleyes: :jerkbag: We still love you though! :glomp:

Refried Noodle posted:

That's lovely Wargaming.

FTFY

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Only thing that matters to me in a premium is gun handling and god drat the new special premiums seem to outperform or are at least on par with their tier equivalents. I think I am seeing the pattern here now after the CDC and Nippon release. They probably got more sales on the CDC and are leaning towards that type of premium tank from now on. Kinda makes sense that they would release two polar opposite tanks like a sales experiment on what people will buy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah I hope they stop making these premiums where they add extra armor at the cost of everything else. The Hitler Mobile owns though.

So the IS-2 that you get is literally just an IS maxed but with a credit multiplier and it owns.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 8, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Its actually impossible to not get purple wn8 in the Cromwell B every game

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Yes, thank you.

>> REPLAY <<

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would like to share some hilarious things in gif format, how do I accomplish this.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

quote:

Capt_Belthor

You know i hate to admit it but if they isnt fake i do admit russia outdid themselfs on this one looks great and is probly pretty good but i still love my m1a2sep and i cant wait to see the m1a3 but i want also the type ten but good job russia these new design shows your trying to do new things finnaly i can respect that good looking tank hope it performs as intended if we ever get to see it in action. To bad in this day in age i dont think this will ever face another modern mbt its to sad really we need some type of gladiator tank arena so we can see these modern tanks in action otherwise there wothless. since they just decrations to threaten others and never be used sigh.

ArmoredWarfare poster wishes for war so he can watch his tank battle fantasies play out. I loving hate these types of military whearboos and that post physically makes me want to punch his poo poo eating face for even thinking that.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 8, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Regardless of the sentiment, his complete inability to spell any words longer than 4 letters correctly makes me wish for his death.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

quote:

Capt_Belthor

You know nouthing about me and Yes i know everything there is to know about war I have had to many family memebers killed because of war so you shoudnt talk if you are insulting me by calling my stupid or a cruel emotionless human i will tell the moderators but if you read my post it says nouthing about going to war. So please read my post or stop trolling your acting pathetic in the way your responding.

lol, looks like this is the new whatever military vet!

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BadLlama posted:

I would like to share some hilarious things in gif format, how do I accomplish this.

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

oh hey the cromwell b is pretty good

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I can't see them not nerfing the Cromwell B so get in while you can.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

maev posted:

It's literally a Cromwell so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

maev posted:

Did they go back on their utter refusal to nerf premiums (other than the S Persh) at some point? I mean honestly if the E25 is okay then this is fine.