Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMOyURq9os
Well this is the worst thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Boy I kinda liked Ed Helms when he was on the Daily Show

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I won't say it's the worst thing ever, but Jump street did the self aware joke better.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BonoMan posted:

I won't say it's the worst thing ever, but Jump street did the self aware joke better.

Nothing will ever top The Brady Bunch Movie.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I feel like they are missing out on a joke by not casting Anthony Michael Hall in the movie.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

justlikedunkirk posted:

Tangerine is about two transgender prostitutes wandering around LA on Christmas Eve looking for their pimp, who's cheating on one of the characters with a "fish" (read: a biological woman)

Oh, and the entire film was shot on an iPhone

:nws: :nws: :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSwWTb88ZU

The director of this is the guy who created Greg the Bunny, and I remember at least one running joke in that being, in a nutshell, "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS :argh:". This is probably going to be absurdly loving offensive.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Looks good, though. Can't wait to see it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress everything about this movie. I hope it bombs. I'm sure it will, being a lovely looking sequel to a franchise that was popular decades ago.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Hakkesshu posted:

Boy I kinda liked Ed Helms when he was on the Daily Show

Pretty sure that was the last time i liked him

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Well yeah. You know all the talks in pitch and development were about how they're going to make this the "Jump Street" of Vacation movies. It so ain't working though.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Not a trailer per se, but here's 18 minutes of behind the scenes b-roll for Fury Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wc58__rEFQ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Pretty sure that was the last time i liked him

You didn't like him on The Office?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Ok I laughed at parts of that vacation trailer

and also cringed at the part where they are clearly at burning man or something. uuuggghhh

Look. Malcolm and the Middle did "suburban family goes to Burning Man" perfectly and it need not ever be done again
(simpsons get a pass because David Silverman...)

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

It allegedly tested really well, enough for WB to move it up from October to July. Go figure.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

kiimo posted:

You didn't like him on The Office?

Not really. He had his moments but he just isnt funny to me

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

Not really. He had his moments but he just isnt funny to me

I'm with you. Helms was decent on The Daily Show as the second-rate Colbert, and early on in The Office when he was a three-note side character, but then they moved him onto the show full-time and even tried to make him a figurehead and it just did not work for me at all. His "clueless preppy beta male" schtick is very very worn out to me.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Is there a rule about a movie that has a trailer containing footage from other movies being terrible? Because that seems like a bad omen.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Alehkhs posted:

Dungeons and Dragons? Psh... Vin Diesel plays The Most Dangerous Game.

The Last Witch Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQaYwtJTIhk

Vin Diesel should do roles with a beard more often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpu2wQexmc

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Is there a rule about a movie that has a trailer containing footage from other movies being terrible? Because that seems like a bad omen.

The rule is never mention or show the audience a movie they'd rather be watching. Why watch an 'updated' movie when you can see the original? Though admittedly I'm not confident that the original vacation movie would still stand up.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the original Vacation definitely holds up

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Trailer for upcoming Netflix show Sense8

quote:

Sense8 is an upcoming American science fiction drama web television series created, written and executive-produced by The Matrix trilogy creators Andy and Lana Wachowski and Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski and will be available for streaming on Netflix from June 5, 2015. The Wachowskis are responsible for the direction of the biggest part of the show, with the rest of it being handled by a number of people they have collaborated with in the past, including Cloud Atlas co-director Tom Tykwer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKpKAlbJ7BQ

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Looks ok. It looks very "post-LOST TV sci-fi" but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

That actually looks pretty good. Personally I think that "visionary" directors like the Wachowski Bros. or Shamalan do better with smaller budgets and more constraints.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I am 100% on board with every person involved in the show and everything I saw in that trailer.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That Vacation trailer was mainly just inoffensive rubbish but I hated the joke at the end. It feels very hateful and petty. In the original it was the married family man who crashed his car, harmlessly, because he was checking out a girl as cosmic karma. In this, it's the young, attractive, presumably single girl who dies a horribly violent death because she has the nerve to check out a guy.

It just feels very mean. I had the same problem with the Pitch Perfect 2 trailer.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I mean it seems more that the idea is that instead of him suffering immediate karmic results for unfaithfulness, the whole universe is absurdly opposed to him. The woman isn't a character so much as another chance for God or whatever to twist the knife. It's still not funny though, so, eh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wow you guys the joke is she's driving in an oncoming lane like I believe Christy Brinkley did.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
O_O

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Wow you guys the joke is she's driving in an oncoming lane like I believe Christy Brinkley did.

Don't worry, I'm sure the SMG posse will be here momentarily to ruin the thread with a 10 page derail about some crazy bullshit theory about how the director is trying to comment on mankind's eventual replacement by artificial intelligence because the model of the car represents the theorem that god is dead and

:suicide:

Here's a trailer for a film my friend produced. I know nothing about it other than the lead actress showed her lady bits in a movie about topless female boxers called Punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3_jCshWwN8

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

a movie about topless female boxers called Punch.

...go on.

:awesome:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dillbag posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure the SMG posse will be here momentarily to ruin the thread with a 10 page derail about some crazy bullshit theory about how the director is trying to comment on mankind's eventual replacement by artificial intelligence because the model of the car represents the theorem that god is dead and

:suicide:

actually, it's about ethics in film criticism.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Woo bruised tits!!! can I camp out for the premiere

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
I stumbled upon this sad Groundhog Day trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUezFsug14

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

That Vacation trailer was mainly just inoffensive rubbish but I hated the joke at the end. It feels very hateful and petty. In the original it was the married family man who crashed his car, harmlessly, because he was checking out a girl as cosmic karma. In this, it's the young, attractive, presumably single girl who dies a horribly violent death because she has the nerve to check out a guy.

It's not that I don't see your logic here, although part of me wishes I didn't. The joke is in-line with the meta commentary of remaking Vacation that they mention earlier in the trailer.

"Oh hey you remember the super iconic bit with the hot girl and the red car from the first one? Don't worry we're not going to retread that old joke this is a good remake like Jump Street please love us we've been watching Jump Street twenty-one to twenty-two times a week to prepare for this.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Jonathan Demme. Diablo Cody. Meryl Streep. Ricki and the Flash.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I'm guessing that the three of them felt making a short film in the guise of a trailer was the best idea.

But seriously, I feel like I just watched a sanded-down version of Rachel Getting Married. This screams "we made a safe version of that for the boomers! Check it out! Your kids hate you but imagine if you can get them back! Also Meryl Streep basically being Stevie Nicks, guys! C'mon!"

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

kiimo posted:

it's a lovely joke being confused for an offensive joke

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

Jonathan Demme. Diablo Cody. Meryl Streep. Ricki and the Flash.

This looks awful, but goddamn that girl was born to play Meryl Streep's daughter

Edit: Hah, she actually is Meryl Streep's daughter. You fail me again, short bio on IMDB!

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 10, 2015

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hakkesshu posted:

This looks awful, but goddamn that girl was born to play Meryl Streep's daughter

That is Meryl Streep's daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well, you weren't wrong that she was indeed born to play her daughter.

• Locked thread