Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

OB_Juan posted:

Laffo, this has gotta be it.

I'm not convinced but... that would be a pretty good plan, actually. Jiaying is super entrenched, having ruled for decades, maybe centuries. Even as a useful prophet, Raina's not gonna be able to dethrone her and take over just through ingratiation. She'll be a valued pawn at best, with no real power of her own.

If Raina wants to take over, gathering power on her own won't take her far enough, she has to actively attack Jiaying and oust her. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Plus they've had Raina lying with the truth a few other times as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think Jiaying being justified would work if she had not framed Gonzales for attempted assassination, also killing him when he was coming to her in good faith.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5
Looks like no spinoff: http://deadline.com/2015/05/marvel-agents-of-shield-spinoff-dead-abc-1201422761/ Still just glorified rumors at this point but seems likely.

May have been a case of Agent Carter or the spinoff and they went with Carter. I'm okay with that Carter is way more original and they'll might keep Bobbi and Hunter on the main show this way.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

the-jam posted:

Looks like no spinoff: http://deadline.com/2015/05/marvel-agents-of-shield-spinoff-dead-abc-1201422761/ Still just glorified rumors at this point but seems likely.

May have been a case of Agent Carter or the spinoff and they went with Carter. I'm okay with that Carter is way more original and they'll might keep Bobbi and Hunter on the main show this way.

That's like the vaguest article ever though.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

That's kind of a shame. Bobbi and Hunter headlining their own show would have been cool. Plus, now I'm worried that if the events of the spinoff were important and set up by next week's finale, we'll either get some setup that goes nowhere, or they'll have to inject some of the spinoff into AoS and we'll get an overstuffed show. Although that could result in faster pacing which might be good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Honestly I'd rather have Bobbi and Hunter stay with the main team. The spinoff felt a bit like they were stretching things a bit too thin.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Something's wrong with the two posters for this episode--I can actually tell who the characters are.

Re: Raina deliberately making a dumb power play that would fail, I dunno. I don't think she's seen anything else she hasn't told us about. Why try to gain power in The Afterlife AFTER Shield presumably blows it to smithereens in a violent conflict? There might not be any organized group of inhumans left after this war for her to be in charge of, especially not at that location. I think she suggested herself for the meeting because she really thought there was a chance she'd get it. Then she could leverage a successful liason with Shield into more power. She still doesn't know a lot of stuff about Inhumans or their society, I don't think she'd deliberately let Shield blow up the Afterlife if she could prevent it. But she's just so power-hungry she can't help but suggest herself for an important position when the chance arose.

I think Raina's future sight might be a Cassandra type deal. She can see the future, but never change it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why would they even spin off those two? Who cares about them? Fitz and anybody would be better but it would be criminal to take him off this show.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
So that is happening..

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/agent-carter-season-2

And Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was renewed too.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/once-castle-shield-goldbergs-among-abc-renewals

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Why would they even spin off those two? Who cares about them? Fitz and anybody would be better but it would be criminal to take him off this show.

Bobbi and Lance are awesome and I was excited for their spinoff show. I'm fine with them staying on this show too.

Bit late on that one buddy.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hey guys I heard there was some renewalls on this franchise!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BSam posted:

Hey guys I heard there was some renewalls on this franchise!

Did AoS get a season 2? :ohdear:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
No word on the spinoff though? Hoping for Hydra Bob.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I'm ok with no spinoff because Hunter adds such a fun dynamic to the show and I'd hate for him to leave

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, this is the best of both worlds, Aos S3 and AC S2 yaaay :toot:. I'm also getting more Castle, which I'm grateful for.

I hope they schedule things just like they did this year, with Agent Carter in the mid season gap.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess Jiaying really is super raged out at SHIELD if she would waste a precious crystal just to kill Gonzales.
That did feel a tad plot device-y ....

greatn posted:

Maybe Gonzales is an inhuman and he got the power of Sandman. He can just crumble into dust and back. He practically had that power already anyway.

... and it'd also be pretty funny if the guy who really hated enhanced persons got turned into an enhanced person himself.

I'm holding out a verrrrrrrrrrry slim chance that Gonzales isn't as dead as everyone assumes he is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

... and it'd also be pretty funny if the guy who really hated enhanced persons got turned into an enhanced person himself.

I'm holding out a verrrrrrrrrrry slim chance that Gonzales isn't as dead as everyone assumes he is.

He hasn't crumbled to dust yet like every other person who gets misted...so it is possibly the process is reversible or something.

But I doubt it.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

That did feel a tad plot device-y ...

The way she talked about them growing their own crystals I assumed they have a decent supply.

Looking forward to loads of inhumans getting misted in the finale.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

CGI EJO as a shambling cinder man who still needs the cane because irony. My favorite comic book tv character right now (besides Cal) is a psychic gorilla so I could go for that.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

jivjov posted:

He hasn't crumbled to dust yet like every other person who gets misted...so it is possibly the process is reversible or something.

But I doubt it.

It wasn't the mist that killed trip, it was the exploding crystal embedding in his skin. In this instance it was the bits of diviner metal impurity in the crystal.
Also, if they do reverse it, he's gonna have a hell of a time with that hand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BarbarousBertha posted:

CGI EJO as a shambling cinder man who still needs the cane because irony. My favorite comic book tv character right now (besides Cal) is a psychic gorilla so I could go for that.

He did lose a hand. Jam the cane in that stump.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
EJO, after recovering from the crystals effects, sees the flaw in Shield and defects to hydra, where he replaces his missing hand with a scythe and takes on the moniker Grim Reaper

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SpartanIV posted:

EJO, after recovering from the crystals effects, sees the flaw in Shield and defects to hydra, where he replaces his missing hand with a scythe and takes on the moniker Grim Reaper

He and Ulysses Klaw join a loss of limbs support group and decide to team up.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
https://twitter.com/edwardjolmos/status/595816404651266048

He ain't coming back.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Until him and Xena return as members of the Legion of the Unliving!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'd rather have them bring back Bakshi, tbh.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

He did lose a hand. Jam the axe in that stump.

FTFY

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

XboxPants posted:

I'm not convinced but... that would be a pretty good plan, actually. Jiaying is super entrenched, having ruled for decades, maybe centuries. Even as a useful prophet, Raina's not gonna be able to dethrone her and take over just through ingratiation. She'll be a valued pawn at best, with no real power of her own.

If Raina wants to take over, gathering power on her own won't take her far enough, she has to actively attack Jiaying and oust her. Makes sense.

She can see the future, but we don't know she can CHANGE the future from what her visions have shown. She's sorta like Dr. Manhattan, a puppet who can see the strings. She can warn people that Jiaying + Gonzalez = Hellfire, but if she's already seen it, can she avert it?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
it turns out clairvoyance is a pretty lovely power if you can't actually influence the future with it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Arrrthritis posted:

it turns out clairvoyance is a pretty lovely power if you can't actually influence the future with it.

Muad'Dad coulda told her that.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm still a little upset by that episode though because I don't want Jiaying to be bad. You know it can't end well for her.

Maybe because I love Dichen Lachman.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

mikeraskol posted:

I'm still a little upset by that episode though because I don't want Jiaying to be bad. You know it can't end well for her.

Maybe because I love Dichen Lachman.

What are they gonna do, kill her?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Martout posted:

They can lock her up forever in a cell and play a Justin Bieber album on a loop. There are worst things than death.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Martout posted:

Stick her in a crate and drop her in the ocean

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Stick her in a crate and drop her in the ocean

I understood that reference.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Martout posted:

Hand her over to Star Labs.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Martout posted:

Possibly. I'm imagining a situation where she dies due to that water rock Kree thing they have in the ship. In fact, I would put money on it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

THAT'S NOT HER FATE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Martout posted:

It'd be pretty hilarious if Hydra cut her into pieces and took all her organs not caring if she lived or died, she gets better, and then Shield uses a non-lethal takedown and traps her in prison for multiple human lifespans. There's a parallel to Whitehall that way too, so my money's on her in super prison by the end of this.

There's lots of ways they can go in this finale though, I fully expect it to top S1's finale even without a Fury cameo.

• Locked thread