Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Cake Attack posted:

it's hosed up that you couldn't marry the elf detective lady in rune factory IV

or any of the older women characters really. Quote this if you support anime milfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo just put out their latest set of financials and it pretty much confirms an international release for Rhythm Heaven 3DS, in case anyone was still worried it wouldn't come over.

EDIT: maybe not, they mentioned in their synopsis but it's not on the updated schedule. Hmm...

EDIT EDIT: Brain Training is still on the PAL 3DS schedule, this is getting ridiculous.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 7, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo just put out their latest set of financials and it pretty much confirms an international release for Rhythm Heaven 3DS, in case anyone was still worried it wouldn't come over.

Let's hope so.

EDIT EDIT: Brain Training is still on the PAL 3DS schedule, this is getting ridiculous.

Tesco had a February release for that, while Zavvi had it as March. When those rolled over both updated to 2015-12-31, so that last day of the year is going to be really exciting! Or not.

I have been waiting for more than two years for this lovely game, because I absolutely loved the first two games in the series. I will have to find a cheap US copy somewhere on Ebay because it's obvious the EU release is never coming out. Thank god the 3DS is mostly region-free these days.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I sort of assume it's going to get announced here eventually, and have done ever since it was announced in Japan, purely due to how barren the 3DS is for first party releases for the rest of the year.

Failing a Pokemon Z/remake announcement or something of interest being announced next month at E3 we have nothing that I can think of until Fire Emblem If, which is a 2016 thing at best at this stage.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Well, they still have Rhythm Heaven, the new Style Savvy, maybe even Daigasso 3DS to bring over if they really want to.

It's also worth pointing out that they announced Pokemon ORAS this time last year, a few hours after their Q4 financials. Maybe they'll pull something similar this year.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I really doubt we'd get Daigasso but Tomodachi Life coming out last year and being an unexpected massive success for them does give more chance to the less popular, more out there sort of stuff getting localized.

Maybe Pokemon will happen again too. There's not a whole lot stopping them from doing last year's play again and announcing a new Pokemon game and a June/July localization with Rhythm Heaven or Style Savvy. Hell, they could even throw in a free game promotion with Splatoon, just like Mario Kart last year.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone wondering, the black new3DS XL looks really good with the silver MH4 back plate that store.nintendo.com sells. I prefer to keep my consoles all black (or a single color if black isn't available) but I prefer the MH4 one (I never even played the game) because it doesn't get fingerprints, doesn't feel as glossy as the black and red back plates, and definitely does not scratch as easily. I'd prefer a matte black one but this is the next best thing.

Crosspeice posted:

Hmm, interesting, my N3DSXL is hotter than the goddamn sun. It's been sitting on my desk just charging away and I thought something was up when the battery light turned from blue to red. While charging. So I picked it up and nearly burned myself on how hot the bottom casing is. I'm gonna turn it off for a while and hope nothing's melted...

Are you using the official charger?

I had the same issue; I was charging it from an unofficial USB cable via my laptop. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it. However, my battery was fully charged.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Pokémon has been a yearly franchise since Platinum, of course there will be a new one this year.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

For anyone wondering, the black new3DS XL looks really good with the silver MH4 back plate that store.nintendo.com sells. I prefer to keep my consoles all black (or a single color if black isn't available) but I prefer the MH4 one (I never even played the game) because it doesn't get fingerprints, doesn't feel as glossy as the black and red back plates, and definitely does not scratch as easily. I'd prefer a matte black one but this is the next best thing.

What are the odds of them getting the Zelda backplates back into stock? I think the frontplate on the Majora one is pretty ugly, but I got a gold triforce decal for the front of mine that would look pretty sweet with the backplate.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

What are the odds of them getting the Zelda backplates back into stock? I think the frontplate on the Majora one is pretty ugly, but I got a gold triforce decal for the front of mine that would look pretty sweet with the backplate.

Considering they still haven't got the new3DS XL cradle back in stock (even the Gamecube Wii U adapter is still out of stock) I'd say little to no chance. I wish their website would allow you to set up alerts, though. Also kinda weird that they charge more for the MH4 one (I know supply/demand and all that, it just seems like something Nintendo wouldn't do).

Maybe they will one day release custom back plates? That would be nice.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Flash deal, UK dudes - Xenoblade for Ł19.95:
http://www.thegamecollection.net/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-new-3ds-only-3ds.html

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

A Splatoon theme was announced in the JP Direct that I can only assume we are getting eventually. Also some really cool looking Splatoon themed n3DS cover plates were announced, but NOA doesn't respect any of you enough to let you have them anyways, so it's not as important.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crawfish posted:

A Splatoon theme was announced in the JP Direct that I can only assume we are getting eventually. Also some really cool looking Splatoon themed n3DS cover plates were announced, but NOA doesn't respect any of you enough to let you have them anyways, so it's not as important.

I think it's slightly misinformative to release 3DS decorative stuff when they're pushing a WiiU game*, but damned if they don't look nice.

*You all know there'll be at least one complaint about "well where's my 3DS version?" resulting from them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Why would they make splatoon 3ds plates when its not even on the system?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Europe announced 'em, too:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hmm, it works from a stylistic standpoint, as that just looks like a very 90's RADICAL design, rather than a splatoon theme.

I'll allow it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the menu theme:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why would they make splatoon 3ds plates when its not even on the system?

The game already has a ton of fans based purely on the aesthetic but a lot of them don't and won't own a Wii U, particularly in Japan, so this is an easy and cheap way to still take some of their money.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Kanfy posted:

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call has entertained me for almost 200 hours but I'm also a sucker for the music in those games.

I used to love Curtain Call, but since I got Record Keeper for iPhone I haven't gone back.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Here's the menu theme:

The game already has a ton of fans based purely on the aesthetic but a lot of them don't and won't own a Wii U, particularly in Japan, so this is an easy and cheap way to still take some of their money.

I want Splatoon for Nintendo 3DS.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

codenameFANGIO posted:

I want Splatoon for Nintendo 3DS.

You'll have to get the :new: Nintendo 3DS for that to stream the game from your Wii U.

(Somebody buy a :new: smiley.)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

You'll have to get the :new: Nintendo 3DS for that to stream the game from your Wii U.

I thought this was just a rumor

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

I thought this was just a rumor

Well, there has been at least speculation over why the :new: model has the same chip that enables the Wii U gamepad's display to work. They've put that in for some reason, anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Well, there has been at least speculation over why the :new: model has the same chip that enables the Wii U gamepad's display to work. They've put that in for some reason, anyway.

I wasn't aware that was even in there. I wouldn't be surprised if it can stream though, and if it does we won't see anything using it til e3.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's awesome.

Though now that I think about it I am not sure of its use unless I can like tether to my cell phone or something

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hmm, it works from a stylistic standpoint, as that just looks like a very 90's RADICAL design, rather than a splatoon theme.

I'll allow it.

It's the "PLAY IT LOUD" series, all new for the 3DS generation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's awesome.

Though now that I think about it I am not sure of its use unless I can like tether to my cell phone or something

Have you ever heard of a little game called Four Swords?...:v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rexroom posted:

When did they discover that chip? I hadn't heard about that.

And it's - ̗̀new ̖́- Nintendo 3DS.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

DoctorWhat posted:

When did they discover that chip? I hadn't heard about that.

Back in January when hackers were hacking stuff.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you ever heard of a little game called Four Swords?...:v:

Stop it, I am literally shaking (with anger)

DoctorWhat posted:

And it's - ̗̀new ̖́- Nintendo 3DS.

Holy crap this is hilarious.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rexroom posted:

Back in January when hackers were hacking stuff.

That's just a video decoder chip that's already used for the HTML5 web browser video compatibility. The GamePad, as I recall, also has a specialized receiver for catching the video stream from the Wii U in addition to a chip for decoding it - does the - ̗̀new ̖́- 3DS have that chip?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

e: gently caress it, this was a bad post

majormonotone fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 8, 2015

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wasn't aware that was even in there. I wouldn't be surprised if it can stream though, and if it does we won't see anything using it til e3.

I'm not following the amiibo thread anymore, but I thought you'd appreciate knowing as I don't remember if you'e in melbourne, but JB Hifi in South Wharf Docklands had two marths and an ike in stock for msrp.

I say one Ike because I just finished my fire emblem collection :getin:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This kinda looks horrible to me. Am I just a staunch when it comes to pixelated graphics? http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6_pW7ZXnE8fzxfCiXtpTCQ_Vv9H1A3Cd

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

noirstronaut posted:

This kinda looks horrible to me. Am I just a staunch when it comes to pixelated graphics? http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6_pW7ZXnE8fzxfCiXtpTCQ_Vv9H1A3Cd

Confirmed that it does indeed look rear end.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

certainly not good. probably wouldnt call them horrible though just not good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Graphics from the pinnacle of the 8 and 16-bit eras, the Game Gear and the Turbografx-16.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

First off, I'm weirdly excited for Puzzles & Dragons Mario/Z. Secondly, I was looking at the eShop page.

It says:

Bonus: Get a free Immortal Dragon Relic Present Code when you buy the Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros.™ Edition game for Nintendo 3DS in the Nintendo eShop. You’ll find the Present Code and redemption instructions for the free Relic on your Nintendo eShop receipt. The relic will be available when the game launches. Present codes available until 05/31/2015 11:59 PM PDT.

Did anyone play Puzzles & Dragons Z when it came out in Japan (or in EU where it comes out shortly) and can tell me if this item is "worth it"? I think Relics let you go to dungeons, and if this is the only way to get that dungeon...

Also, cool that Nintendo is benefitting downloaders I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tithin posted:

I'm not following the amiibo thread anymore, but I thought you'd appreciate knowing as I don't remember if you'e in melbourne, but JB Hifi in South Wharf Docklands had two marths and an ike in stock for msrp.

I say one Ike because I just finished my fire emblem collection :getin:

Cheers, but I'm only after Shulk. I've just beem sharing sightings for the other 3/4 local goons if they want'em (we get gently caress-all stock in Aus) :v:. And you should've stayed in the thread because I mentioned seeing a few of both of those at the Bourke St one a week or two ago.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Cheers, but I'm only after Shulk. I've just beem sharing sightings for the other 3/4 local goons if they want'em (we get gently caress-all stock in Aus) :v:. And you should've stayed in the thread because I mentioned seeing a few of both of those at the Bourke St one a week or two ago.

According to the recent investors' briefing, Australia receives about 3% of all amiibo shipments. The US and Canada receive 66%...and it's still impossible to find a huge number of amiibo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

majormonotone posted:

According to the recent investors' briefing, Australia receives about 3% of all amiibo shipments. The US and Canada receive 66%...and it's still impossible to find a huge number of amiibo.

That's because roughly half the amiibo are printed on a much smaller scale. 1:8 or so, it seems.