Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Are they still pretending there's going to be a WiiU version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Are they still pretending there's going to be a WiiU version?

No, it was canceled.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It'll be on NDX. Just make sure you set aside 45 minutes before each race so everyone can exchange friend codes.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i had a real good time hosting for you guys.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Broadcast to the Steam group when you are going to do races and want people. I'm too lazy to hang out on a Mumble channel

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Joink posted:

Controller gamepad settings I use:

Controller input mode 3
Steering sensitivity reduced to 30
Speed sensitivity reduced to 60

From that, I make per car tweaks , differential tweaking to fix wheel spin, increasing the down force on faster cars, increasing steering ratio to help with quick steering that can cause loss of control.

quaunaut posted:

The best I've gotten out of my XBox One controller:

• Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 50
Thank you. I did the first and it felt significantly better than yesterday (no longer felt like turning/brake/throttle were all basically binaries of full or nothing). I added a bit (15) of controller filter sensitivity (googling indicated it's the game trying to smooth your actions and can cause input lag [why isn't there an in-game explanation? :wtc:]... 25 had noticeable input lag for a Kart anyway, but I might up it for cars since they aren't as twitchy). These changes also made it much harder to spin out completely from going into a turn too hot, hitting track curbs poorly, or getting air on Glen Cairn's hills.

Now I just need to fix my gearing because blowing the engine on the 125cc's is super easy and now I can move about well enough to actually top out. :D

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

OhsH posted:

i had a real good time hosting for you guys.

We learned the random weather hates us, and that Dubai is not Yas Marina.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok, twice now in random online games I've gone through qualifying and then get a black screen when loading into the actual race and have to force close the program. Has this happened to anyone else?

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Goetta posted:

Ok, twice now in random online games I've gone through qualifying and then get a black screen when loading into the actual race and have to force close the program. Has this happened to anyone else?

It's happened for every online race for me so far. Prior to launch it worked fine.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My new set of pedals will be here Monday and then I can play this game again. Wheel is just so much more fun to play with.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
When you go into the tuning setup while you're in practice or w/e does it make suggested changes automatically or is it all up to you? It said something about being able to ask your engineer for tips, is that just the explanation text that says what everything does or is there more to it? Also do you need to change tires between say qualifying and the race? Should I? Should I be going in every time and messing with how much fuel I have? I don't know much about the technical stuff.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Soft, medium, and hard tires are mostly for length of race or strategy. Some guys might use medium for quicker gripping tires knowing they'll have to pit more often. Soft tires are good for sprint races.

When adjusting fuel or tires, consider how often this'll demand you to pit stop.

For qualifying, use soft and as little fuel as you'll need for the session. You're setting the fastest lap time possible for pole posit ion.

For the race, fuel and tires are up to you based on race strategy.

bloops fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 8, 2015

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
I started at the lowest tier that is using actual cars and all the races are only 2 laps so they don't seem to need a pitstop within the sessions themselves, I was wondering if the fuel consumption and tire wear carries over from one session to the next. Like do I need to pit at the end of qualifying to get new tires for the race?

\/\/Ok cool, that makes it slightly easier to manage

HyperPuma fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 8, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

HyperPuma posted:

I started at the lowest tier that is using actual cars and all the races are only 2 laps so they don't seem to need a pitstop within the sessions themselves, I was wondering if the fuel consumption and tire wear carries over from one session to the next. Like do I need to pit at the end of qualifying to get new tires for the race?

Nope. Each race event is its own unique instance.

Try running longer races in the quick race mode. That'll teach you really quickly when to pit and why. You'll start figuring out other drivers pit schedules, which will be a huge boon in terms of positioning.

Speaking of, how detailed is pcars fuel consumption? Is it actually viable to spend a few laps conserving gas?

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 8, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I finally found a good FFB setup for my Thrustmaster wheel.

In the per car settings I have:
AWD
master 100
Fx 20
Fy 20
Fz 100
Mz 10

RWD
master 100
Fx 30
Fy 28
Fz 100
Mz 18

in the wheel calibration section I have force feedback at 100 and tire force at 200.

This keeps the wheel nice and light, I can feel when the wheels lose grip, easily recover without the wheel fighting back, and I can feel road bumps and kerbs.

In the Thrustmaster software I have the settings as 65/100/0/0

I haven't started a career yet, I've just tried to get a nice feeling set-up and tried these settings with many cars on many tracks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I should not be looking at another GTX 970 to run an SLI setup with.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Regarding difficulty, how are you guys handling finding a good spot for the slider in career mode? Should I just stick it at 100% and learn my way up, or will that just make me always end up in last or first place and I should just gradually move it up until I stop winning?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Don't SLI

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^I won't. Last time I did it was a goddamn nightmare.

Drunk Badger posted:

Regarding difficulty, how are you guys handling finding a good spot for the slider in career mode? Should I just stick it at 100% and learn my way up, or will that just make me always end up in last or first place and I should just gradually move it up until I stop winning?

Start at 50% and then adjust as needed. Winning every race isn't fun. Fighting and driving well for a top 10 finish is. At least for me.

Regardless, not knowing the track isn't doing you any favors so drive a ton of laps in one car to learn the track. You'll find out driving a proper racing line will aid in higher AI levels.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

In the career mode, there's a slider for percentage of full race length. It's easier to set it by moving forward to the race event so you can see the actual number of laps, and then moving back and entering the practice/qualifying. Also, if you exit an event and then go back in, you get another chance to set the session length and AI difficulty.

It's kind of hard to set the AI difficulty since their performance can vary so much. I just did the Formula Gulf season. There were only 2 race weekends (x2 races each), both at Dubai. In the first weekend, the fastest AI were about equal to me in qualifying and I finished P3 in both races. The second weekend, they were 3 seconds slower in qualifying and I won both races easily.

I think what I might do is do a little practice, look at my best time, and then restart the practice with different AI settings until I'm in a reasonable spot.

I tried the "simulate to end of session" option in the last race, which is kind of strange. Seems like the AI just drives around, hitting lap times about the same as your average pace. I had a stable lead when I turned it on, so the AI just finished the race and won. The strange thing is you can't accelerate time in this mode; if the race is too boring to finish I'm not sure I want to watch the rest of it either. Also, you can't go back to manual control if you think the AI is doing a terrible job or something.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

holocaust bloopers posted:

I am running a single 970 on a i5-2500k at 5760x1200 with everything at their default (fairly high) settings and it runs smooth as butter. I don't know how you could have a weaker CPU than I have with a 970 and be having problems... unless you are running at an even higher res than I am.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Essobie posted:

I am running a single 970 on a i5-2500k at 5760x1200 with everything at their default (fairly high) settings and it runs smooth as butter. I don't know how you could have a weaker CPU than I have with a 970 and be having problems... unless you are running at an even higher res than I am.

No issues at all. Was a thought for like 20 min.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

game does have an issue for me where it starts sputtering and the audio glitches out sometimes crashing the game

I had way too much fun in the rainy dark as poo poo goon races

There really needs to be:
A way to change lobby classes as lobby leader (lol that you can't do this)
Ability to retire from race and spectate
More replay features and cameras

ethanol fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 8, 2015

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?
My wish list so far is all of the above, plus the ability to actually have the HUD customization persist between races and for it to not be a buggy mess. My crazy resolution means the default position for the bottom left and right elements (the really important ones) are right in the middle of my monitor bezels... and if I move them they get dropped in really weird and seemingly arbitrary locations.

I played for another hour or so starting my Kart Kareer, and realized really fast that I was going to destroy the AI in these things even with them set to 100%. At least in the first few race events. At the fifth event they started giving me problems... but I think that was a combination of the track being quite a bit trickier than previous ones and the fact that I'm REALLY TIRED now.

Tomorrow I'll spend some time trying to get my G27's force feedback to feel better than it is. If anyone has any tips on that front that aren't months old information for some alpha version of p.CARS, that'd be super!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I, too, wish the had adjustments stuck between races.

Also, gently caress the RUF GT3. It just wants to murder.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is there any penalty for starting early? Also karts are incredibly fun unless its on Glencairn. gently caress that hilly hell.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

ethanol posted:

There really needs to be:
A way to change lobby classes as lobby leader (lol that you can't do this)

Pretty sure OhsH found a way to do this by the end, as we skipped from Formula A to Lotus Classics without having to reset the lobby.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So it looks like at least you can get custom skins in the PC version, which is something.

Edit: welp just bought it on Steam, are there many fancy dan european types who are playing this on pc? Cuz it would be nice for some goon racing, for people who cant do american moon hours.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 8, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Sure track day bro! My steam ID is hkfalken.

I just won my first race I entered online. Formula A on Spa Francorchamps. I don't know if I'm quick, or if everyone else is just really, really slow.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I'm in Asia, so I'm going to be on during your mornings/afternoons. LiquidRain on Steam, I'll be joining the Steam group once work lets out in an hour or so.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

Sure track day bro! My steam ID is hkfalken.

I just won my first race I entered online. Formula A on Spa Francorchamps. I don't know if I'm quick, or if everyone else is just really, really slow.

Well I have to wait till I get home from work, it would be nice to recreate the old SAEG days. It even has clio cup cars :3:

Well as long as you dont deafen me with your mic, like you used to in forza 4 lol.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Comrade Flynn posted:

So...thanks for that. I seriously had never considered that before because I'm loving stupid.

You really love pugs huh?

I for one can't loving use the menus without a mouse, so I don't think I'll be HDMI'ing into the living room anytime soon.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

track day bro! posted:

Well I have to wait till I get home from work, it would be nice to recreate the old SAEG days. It even has clio cup cars :3:

Well as long as you dont deafen me with your mic, like you used to in forza 4 lol.
I've got a PC blue snowball mic these days. Very good mic.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Any euro ps4 goons up for a race around 9-ish GMT or maybe earlier? I miss SAEG, gokarts or clios or something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Diet Crack posted:

I for one can't loving use the menus without a mouse, so I don't think I'll be HDMI'ing into the living room anytime soon.

Wireless mouse. If it's just for controlling menus, you can get a cheapy Logitech wireless mini mouse meant for laptops, and it'll last for years in a single set of batteries.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Just noticed Pretty Panda's in the Steam group now. Kiss your time attack records goodbye, everyone.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

You really love pugs huh?

Best Buy had the Logitech k400 wireless keyboard with trackpad that is only $30. Great for couch gaming on the PC.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Kaddion posted:

We learned the random weather hates us, and that Dubai is not Yas Marina.

*enters a pitch black void after turn one* uhhhh guys this track isn't fully lit.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

LiquidRain posted:

Just noticed Pretty Panda's in the Steam group now. Kiss your time attack records goodbye, everyone.
He that good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
What about L Harrison?????

• Locked thread