Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Speaking of shoot em ups, Magenta Arcade, a top down shooter where "your finger is the ship" is out now for Android. Along with the full version there's also a free demo version as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Holy poo poo. I was looking for stuff to spend the paltry 129 coins I have left and stumbled upon this developer who has clearly found the secret to success.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=T-Bull%20Sp.%20z%20o.o.&node=2350149011

I think their next game in development is Call of Destined Titan: Pursuit of Dead Effect

I feel the need
the need for race on real asphalt speed tracks

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Anyone remember Battle Isles and knows an equivalent on Android? It resembled Herzog on the Mega Drive, basically turn-based hex-strategy.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Holy poo poo. I was looking for stuff to spend the paltry 129 coins I have left and stumbled upon this developer who has clearly found the secret to success.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=T-Bull%20Sp.%20z%20o.o.&node=2350149011

I think their next game in development is Call of Destined Titan: Pursuit of Dead Effect

this is unbelievable

quote:

Intergalactic war is coming - help humanity survive against cosmic plague of dead bugs.
Get your weapon, get out from the ship and start shooting to biggest walking horror of all time.

Features included:
- exciting campaign with plenty of battles,
- futuristic weapon,
- big bang grenades,
- armor and health customization,
- millions of enemies to kill,
- exotic planets and fallen human cities to fight in,
- battlefields on exotic planets,
- combat in fallen human cities,

Fight modern battles on frontline of the space combat with dead bugs. Call your inner duty, become commando and start shooting and killing beasts which are going to dismantle human dreams about eternal existence.

Space bugs - species unknown before the age of deep space explorations. Before this we were hunters of deers, ordinary frontline commando, but after space leap we have more worries, more horror dreams to hunt.

Modern combat has become lot more complicated - dead trigger amongst us once again with unbelievably power. Humanity called all soldiers to fulfill duty which they promised. Frontline battlefield becomes blood baths and humankind once more tastes their own blood. Dead trigger once again... Modern warfare weren’t the same since then.

Don’t wait and start playing in exciting simulator combat shooter with storyline and battles around univers. Warfare and combat is amazingly dynamic and satisfying. Emotions in final battle with zombie bugs which you can hunt.

You can play as a sniper or ordinary assault soldier - choose your role, shoot them from the distance or use your shooter rifle and kill zombie monsters from closer distance.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
And to think Google temporarily pulled Threes! from the Play Store a few days ago just for mentioning "2048".

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is there a list somewhere that shows how to unlock the Crossy Road characters that you can't get as a prize? I've only managed to get one, with some idea of how to unlock a second but I'm completely clueless on the other dozen or so.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Is there a list somewhere that shows how to unlock the Crossy Road characters that you can't get as a prize? I've only managed to get one, with some idea of how to unlock a second but I'm completely clueless on the other dozen or so.

I used this

it's based on the iOS version but the requirements are the same for the Android version of the game too

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone who has fond memories of the 2004 PC game Evil Genius may be horrified glad to know that there's a free to play mobile remake out on Android now.

edit: another made for mobile remake of an old IP, Point Blank Adventures, is also out now.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 8, 2015

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
People with Amazon coins, you DO NOT need to spend all of your coins. They expire 1 year from the last time you "earned or SPENT coins" so spend a few on something and you are good for a year.

quote:

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins. When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first, followed by your Purchased Coins.

They also expire at the last day of the month even if you got them on the 3rd day of the month.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't sound like spending coins saves your other coins.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Mehuyael posted:

Doesn't sound like spending coins saves your other coins.

The bolded part says just that and someone in the Reddit thread talked to customer service to verify that it is how it works. Each time you purchase more coins or redeem any coins it resets the 1 year time frame on all coins.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

It did seem like more than a year had passed since I last earned any coins. That makes sense.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

The bolded part says just that and someone in the Reddit thread talked to customer service to verify that it is how it works. Each time you purchase more coins or redeem any coins it resets the 1 year time frame on all coins.

The text tells me that they expire 1 year after you get them whether you got coins for free, bought coins or redeemed a code for coins. If that's not what they meant they should rewrite it to make it more in line with what they meant.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Mehuyael posted:

The text tells me that they expire 1 year after you get them whether you got coins for free, bought coins or redeemed a code for coins. If that's not what they meant they should rewrite it to make it more in line with what they meant.

What text are you referring to?

Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins.

Promotional coins (meaning NOT bought coins. Later date (meaning the last time). Purchased or redeemed (meaning you either bought more coins with money or spent coins to buy something).

How is any of that confusing?

I still have 2000+ coins but I spent some back in March so i am pretty confident that I won't lose them in a month.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

What text are you referring to?

Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins.

Promotional coins (meaning NOT bought coins. Later date (meaning the last time). Purchased or redeemed (meaning you either bought more coins with money or spent coins to buy something).

How is any of that confusing?

I still have 2000+ coins but I spent some back in March so i am pretty confident that I won't lose them in a month.

Ah, didn't realized redeemed meant that in this case. Alright, sorry.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mehuyael posted:

Ah, didn't realized redeemed meant that in this case. Alright, sorry.

....What else does that word mean to you?

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

Anyone who has fond memories of the 2004 PC game Evil Genius may be horrified glad to know that there's a free to play mobile remake out on Android now.
giving this a try. The Facebook game was full of lovely timers, so I'm not optimistic for this one.

I still play through the original game occasionally- it's super fun, even though at its core it's a game about waiting (which is why the Facebook game made sense). If the original let you pay to complete things faster I probably wouldn't enjoy it either.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

....What else does that word mean to you?

I'm sorry, I was confused, for some reason I figured when you "redeem" something that's what you get. My English isn't the best.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mehuyael posted:

I'm sorry, I was confused, for some reason I figured when you "redeem" something that's what you get. My English isn't the best.

Ah fair enough, I could see that mistake with English as a second language.

Has anyone else been playing that Marvel Future Fight game? It's pretty good, and I don't play it a LOT but I don't seem to run out of energy and stuff, the microtransactions aren't too bad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How good is Galaxy Trucker for local multiplayer? I already have it, and I might try and convince my wife to pick it up with her survey bux.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

midnightclimax posted:

Anyone remember Battle Isles and knows an equivalent on Android? It resembled Herzog on the Mega Drive, basically turn-based hex-strategy.

Sadly, there really isn't any.
What little there are are bloated with IAPs and are P2W with timers and all that horrible poo poo.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Deakul posted:

Sadly, there really isn't any.
What little there are are bloated with IAPs and are P2W with timers and all that horrible poo poo.

Eh. I thought the format would work nicely on a tablet, but that sounds not so great.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

midnightclimax posted:

Never played either of those but maybe Great Little War Game? It's basically advanced wars with a hexagonal layout.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rubicon.dev.glwg

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

Don't tease the octopus kids!

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I almost want to try these to see how they work. My goodness that's hilarious.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mrkillboy posted:

Monument Valley is also on sale for 99 cents

So I bought it and completed all ten original level in a tad more than an hour. It was a cool experience for the money, but eight more levels cost something like 2.5 dollars and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Can anyone tell me if those additional levels are not as easy and/or more lengthy?

Fake edit: I know I'm a cheapskate.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
If anything the new levels are easier.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Paladinus posted:

So I bought it and completed all ten original level in a tad more than an hour. It was a cool experience for the money, but eight more levels cost something like 2.5 dollars and I'm not sure if it's worth it. Can anyone tell me if those additional levels are not as easy and/or more lengthy?

Fake edit: I know I'm a cheapskate.

They're not like a challenge pack or anything but they do a few neat things that the main game doesn't. I thought it was worth the $2.50 because otherwise I would have wasted that $2.50 on some gem/diamond/gold coin pack.

E: also Lyne is the Amazon free app of the day which is a neat puzzle game

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 9, 2015

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
For folks who remember Dig-Dug, I can heartily recommend Pocket Mine 2. and perhaps the original Pocket Mine.

You start off with a crappy pick but eventually you upgrade it's durability, you get a upgradable 3-card deck that will modify blocks, characters with their own built in perks, and in number two, gear with random abilities that mimic cards from the deck or have their own unique traits. There's also a crafting system based on breaking down unwanted cards / gear to boot.

For example, you can get cards which increase the % of crystal blocks that appear, another card that makes a % of ALL crystals explode, and a rarer card that will increase how much money you get from each crystal, with ANOTHER % chance for a 2x drop from every block you explode. So you can tap one crystal block, and make the entire screen explode in a shower of loot. :supaburn: Also there's themed item sets to collect which give you rewards as well.

Both games are pretty grindy, but the IAP isn't too terrible, and you can relatively easily get to a point where you can customize your deck and characters to explode entire screens of the mine, leaving you with a disgusting amount of money to collect when the chain reactions stop. It's mostly gems and keys that are hard to come by, and those still drop from regular play. Don't waste money on the tickets in the original Pocket Mine though. You'll need to several to get any of the item sets, and it's not remotely worth it.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I've been playing the hell out of Pocket Mine 2.
The only bummer is the +% to X ore type and +% for X ore type to explode seem to be so far better than every other card that there isn't a whole lot of reason to customize beyond those.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've never played either, is there any particular reason to play the first rather than just go with the second?

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
It's a boring Sunday, so I guess I'll try some Pocket Mine 2. Here's my friend code in case anybody's interested: zvdv2855

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've never played either, is there any particular reason to play the first rather than just go with the second?
Not really to be honest. I just included the link for completeness sake, as the original is a bit simpler to play than PM2.

Baldbeard posted:

I've been playing the hell out of Pocket Mine 2.
The only bummer is the +% to X ore type and +% for X ore type to explode seem to be so far better than every other card that there isn't a whole lot of reason to customize beyond those.
They're definitely the most broken cards in the game, especially in the special event mines, which are already 90% ore / crystal to start with. The chain reactions you create will make the scroll speed go bonkers to try and keep up. :lol:

Later though in deeper mines, the explosions from the ore blocks aren't enough to bust through the harder blocks which take 3-4 hits for each one you break. So eventually you'll need a character with the extra Bomb / Drill / Gas / Grenade cards and gear too. :supaburn:

limited fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 10, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I went ahead and bought the 99c starter pack, and used the gems for the 25 card pack. I hit level 10 pretty quick and made a setup with a luchador mask and oven mitts and the legendary cards for gas and bomb crates, so I get explosions EVERYWHERE already, it's nice.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
New city builder on the Play store!

City 2048

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

New city builder on the Play store!

City 2048

This is a puzzle game with a city building skin on it. That being said, it isn't bad.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Doctor Goon posted:

It's a boring Sunday, so I guess I'll try some Pocket Mine 2. Here's my friend code in case anybody's interested: zvdv2855

I usually play this a couple times a week. It's a pretty good time waster. My code is dnwz9436

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I've been playing Zynga's Empires and Allies. It's fun, but really only makes me Jones for an android port of C&C Generals.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Pocket Mines 2 is hitting all the right buttons with me. Added the two people that posted their friend codes above.

Mine is nkvw4849

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
Pocket Mines 2 is strangely addicting. The combination of card and gear collecting with this face paced game just appeals to me. If anyone wants to add me by friendcode is: tfzw3763. I don't really know what friends do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I'm in also, rzzg9743