Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

💩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

:pwn:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Abby Wambach says FIFA rejected offers to install grass in stadiums for free for the Women's World Cup

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

That isn't possible because the women's game has no greater friend than Sepp Blatter.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32621341

quote:

In an interview with BBC Global News, Blatter also said:
women's football is not yet played "the way he would like it to be played", citing a lack of organised leagues in some countries
female access to football stadia remains a "problem" in parts of the world, like Saudi Arabia and Iran, because of cultural issues

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol if this is true they really shouldn't have withdrawn their lawsuit because a Canadian court would rule in their favour in about 0.01 seconds after hearing this.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It all comes back to this

Sepp Blatter gives no fucks, and nobody can stop him, it would seem

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I think it's a pretty well done North Korea/PRC style propaganda poster, I don't think it's meant to be taken at face value.

Edit: I mean Blatter is literally standing on a pile cash.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

:lol: if she really believes this

quote:

“[Valcke] assured us that the Women’s World Cup would never be played on turf again. He gave me his word, which for me, that’s a win,” Wambach said. “For me, that’s progress.”

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Antares posted:

That isn't possible because the women's game has no greater friend than Sepp Blatter.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32621341

He also considers himself the "godfather of the organization of women's football in FIFA" so if you didn't realize he's full of poo poo yet then there's your indication.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jerome Valcke is such a prick. Whenever I see his name I think about that dumb quote about beer:

"Alcoholic drinks are part of the Fifa World Cup, so we're going to have them. Excuse me if I sound a bit arrogant but that's something we won't negotiate," he said. "The fact that we have the right to sell beer has to be a part of the law."

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
didn't blatter once say women should play in bikinis or something? now he wants them playing it in Saudi Arabia?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

stickyfngrdboy posted:

didn't blatter once say women should play in bikinis or something? now he wants them playing it in Saudi Arabia?

Tight volleyball shorts, but yes

He also once mistook Abby Wambach's wife for (5 time women's player of the year) Marta

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

TheBigAristotle posted:

"Alcoholic drinks are part of the Fifa World Cup, so we're going to have them. Excuse me if I sound a bit arrogant but that's something we won't negotiate," he said. "The fact that we have the right to sell beer has to be a part of the law."

i've never heard of him, but this sounds completely reasonable :confused:

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

ronniegardocki posted:

i've never heard of him, but this sounds completely reasonable :confused:

Brazil had previously banned alcohol consumption in stadiums as a way of combatting serious issues with violence.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh this isn't about Qatar.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lamont Cranston posted:

He also once mistook Abby Wambach's wife for (5 time women's player of the year) Marta

Anyone could make that mistake tbf

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lamont Cranston posted:

Sepp doesn't see color, other than green, or whatever funny colors are used on Euro notes, idk.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

TheBigAristotle posted:

Jerome Valcke is such a prick. Whenever I see his name I think about that dumb quote about beer:

This quote rules dude

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I wouldn't know Marta if she was wearing a Marta jersey on backwards

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lets not have a go at blatter for wanting women to wear less clothing.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

lol

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Sad Panda posted:

Brazil had previously banned alcohol consumption in stadiums as a way of combatting serious issues with violence.

that's dumb

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Why?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Anonymity: likely

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nepal earthquake victims' families prevented from leaving Qatar Fifa World Cup building sites to attend funerals

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus loving christ, they're crossing over from mere normal villaIny into supervillainy. How long will people just turn a blind eye to this poo poo?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Der Shovel posted:

Jesus loving christ, they're crossing over from mere normal villaIny into supervillainy. How long will people just turn a blind eye to this poo poo?

As long as the money keeps coming and the stadiums are built on time

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

julian assflange posted:

and the stadiums are built on time
Explain Brazil then

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Der Shovel posted:

Oil money.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
At first this thread was just funny now it's straight up depressing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

Forever.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crazy Ted posted:

Explain Brazil then

Late stadiums are generally pardoned with a liberal application of more money, human sacrifice and nice watches

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

:(

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

vyelkin posted:

Forever.

Nah, eventually we'll probably get rid of our dependence on crude oil and at that point the rest of the planet will extend a unified middle finger towards corrupt slaver states like Qatar, but sadly that's still years away.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Looks like we know how ESPN is responding to the no-bid contract for FOX to cover World Cup 2026: they're airing an investigative report on Sepp Blatter in primetime tonight.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

Nah, eventually we'll probably get rid of our dependence on crude oil and at that point the rest of the planet will extend a unified middle finger towards corrupt slaver states like Qatar, but sadly that's still years away.

Mali doesn't have anything of value to buy from the slavelords but we still just let them get on and do slavery.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Der Shovel posted:

*looks up from phone*

What poo poo?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"I am the President of FIFA. That is my manifesto"

goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Byolante posted:

Mali doesn't have anything of value to buy from the slavelords but we still just let them get on and do slavery.

I think you mean Mauritania