Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

veedubfreak posted:

The trooper ship is getting on my nerves. Whoever laid it out was either drunk or retarded.

We need more repubs playing. It's too quiet over there.

Going to play the pub stories also, but I'm on harbringer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

I wish you luck with that! Even when the guild was very active, pub side was kind of a wasteland.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Would also recommend again transferring a bunch of basic comms from a 60 who has zero use for them to your new character. I sent my smuggler 400 comms along with 400k and he's gonna never have to worry about gear

I'm finding it simpler to just buy 8 armorings on my 60 and mail them to my lowbie. You can do this in advance and just let them sit in your mailbox until you're ready to equip them.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Fat marauder looks dope

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Can the Amazon bundle code be redeemed on an EU account?

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

The trooper ship is getting on my nerves. Whoever laid it out was either drunk or retarded.

Who should I stick on my friend list for an invite?

Been leveling a smuggler and a consular now that my sorcerer is 60. Smuggler is too much fun when played as a walking hormone that flirts with everything. Had an awesome mission just last night where I was flirting with a sith, then a jedi, then a hologram and then killed them all and banged the sith. Also "honeybunch..."

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Rouncer posted:

Who should I stick on my friend list for an invite?

Been leveling a smuggler and a consular now that my sorcerer is 60. Smuggler is too much fun when played as a walking hormone that flirts with everything. Had an awesome mission just last night where I was flirting with a sith, then a jedi, then a hologram and then killed them all and banged the sith. Also "honeybunch..."

I'm playing as Noiro'sometimes. Just search for Goon Squad. I'll be home in about 45 minutes and I think I can invite on pub side. I'll be on until I black out since it's Friday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
No QT, taxi spots unlocked, and stronghold cheating makes this game mad fast when you're space barring.

I was on a particularly boring conference call about 3 hours ago and decided to start a Sentinel. She's 35 now.

Edit - Also, can confirm you can only buy mods/enhancements at levels lower than they are. Gear you have to be at level. =/

Medullah fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 8, 2015

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

thrakkorzog posted:

There's no point in getting a disc. If you're looking to play as a sub, you might as well download the game first, and maybe putz around for the first couple of levels as F2P, and if you want to become a subscriber, go buy the Amazon pack. That will get you all caught up on X-packs, two months of subscription time and 2400 Cartel Coins. (Go buy rocket boots with those Cartel coins.)

If you want to maximize the use of a referral link, become a sub first, or at least preferred, wait until your subscription lapses, then click on a referral link. That way you also get a free week as a sub. It's a better deal than clicking on a referral link as F2P.

this one? http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-PC/dp/B001CWXAP2

seems like its $40, hmm...

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

No QT, taxi spots unlocked, and stronghold cheating makes this game mad fast when you're space barring.

I was on a particularly boring conference call about 3 hours ago and decided to start a Sentinel. She's 35 now.

Edit - Also, can confirm you can only buy mods/enhancements at levels lower than they are. Gear you have to be at level. =/

I confirmed this tonight. You can buy mods but not the actual gear. The best way to do this is use a high level with tons of comms and buy all the mods/enhancements/armorings and send them to your low level. To mail it requires a lot of stupid clicking, but putting them in your legacy bank works well if you have room.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

I confirmed this tonight. You can buy mods but not the actual gear. The best way to do this is use a high level with tons of comms and buy all the mods/enhancements/armorings and send them to your low level. To mail it requires a lot of stupid clicking, but putting them in your legacy bank works well if you have room.

....or just freaking transfer comms and buy them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope no NPCs can see that my name is Tenzarin the Double Agent while I'm undercover.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

....or just freaking transfer comms and buy them.

Can you even transfer comms?

I missed like two months of play, maybe they implemented comm transfer during then but there's no need to get snippy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Buy droid parts on CZ-198 (80-100k + 50 basic comms), put them in legacy vault. Take out of legacy vault with new toon, return to any vendor, get 80-100k back + 50 basic comms.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

The latest expansion pack SoR goes for $20, 2400 Cartel Coins are worth another $20, and 2 months worth of subscription is worth another $30, so the $40 Amazon bundle is usually seen as a pretty good deal.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Bioware posted:

Hey folks,

I feel the need to make this post after some things happened yesterday. Yesterday, John made some posts communicating our views, and looking for feedback, around the state of Sentinels and Marauders. We knew going in that some of what we were going to say might not be what players wanted to hear, but the Combat team felt it was very important that you understood how we view things from our side. We may disagree on some things, but if all opinions are on the table we can have a better and more informed dialog about it.

However, following the posts John made yesterday, a few players formed a witch-hunt against John. These players tracked him down on some of his personal accounts and in some extreme cases, even those of his family members with the sole purpose of harassing, insulting, and threatening him based on those forum posts.

Welp! If Sents weren't getting nerfed into the ground before this, that should pretty much put a nail in the coffin

Jesus. I mean, I like whacking things with two lightsabers as much as the next guy, but really? It's peeps like this that give the class its rep

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

tentacles posted:

Welp! If Sents weren't getting nerfed into the ground before this, that should pretty much put a nail in the coffin

Jesus. I mean, I like whacking things with two lightsabers as much as the next guy, but really? It's peeps like this that give the class its rep

What the hell is wrong with people

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Ainsley McTree posted:

What the hell is wrong with people

Welcome to the internet :(

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If Bioware really wanted to punish those players they could pretty easily biomass their accounts, assuming they're subscribers. Match names from the social media accounts to CC info from Billing to accounts, then hellban and biomass.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Coffeehitler posted:

If Bioware really wanted to punish those players they could pretty easily biomass their accounts, assuming they're subscribers. Match names from the social media accounts to CC info from Billing to accounts, then hellban and biomass.

Sounds nice in theory, but with no way to be 100% sure you were banning the right people it would be a PR nightmare. Even if they were sure the offending people, though scumbags, did nothing in the actual game. Unless the harassment was on the Swtor forums and then I guess that's covered.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

thrakkorzog posted:

The latest expansion pack SoR goes for $20, 2400 Cartel Coins are worth another $20, and 2 months worth of subscription is worth another $30, so the $40 Amazon bundle is usually seen as a pretty good deal.

I tried logging in with my beta account, apparently it still works. I also apparently have a level 20 juggernaught and preferred status, though I'm 99% positive I never bought the game.

edit: apparently I preordered it

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 9, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

i
Buy droid parts on CZ-198 (80-100k + 50 basic comms), put them in legacy vault. Take out of legacy vault with new toon, return to any vendor, get 80-100k back + 50 basic comms.

Or buy crafting schematics from the Basic Schematic vendor in the crafting area of fleet for 60 Basic comms. No credits needed and fewer loading screens.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Or buy crafting schematics from the Basic Schematic vendor in the crafting area of fleet for 60 Basic comms. No credits needed and fewer loading screens.

Yeah, but this one worked best for me since I wanted to transfer credits anyway. :)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops posted:

I tried logging in with my beta account, apparently it still works. I also apparently have a level 20 juggernaught and preferred status, though I'm 99% positive I never bought the game.

edit: apparently I preordered it

Apparently I can make my legacy name AnusBlastus but not FartWalker

i am disappoint

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tabletops posted:

i am disappoint

Anus is a scientific term, well within the TOS

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Tabletops posted:

i am disappoint

I bet walker is what is blocking it.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Givin posted:

I bet walker is what is blocking it.

I ended up going with AnalWalker

I am now Tabletops The Merciless Analwalker

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

What are some must have legacy unlocks I should get with CC besides lower rocket boost CD.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fat_Cow posted:

What are some must have legacy unlocks I should get with CC besides lower rocket boost CD.

Quick travel cooldown reduction, improved mounting, Treek, legacy vault

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
The Treek Merc Contract under collections mind you, not under legacy unlocks for faction...

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

tentacles posted:

What the gently caress was going on/ is going on???

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

wtftastic posted:

What the gently caress was going on/ is going on???

People get so mad about video games that they harass the video game creators and their families in real life because that is completely reasonable and not psychotic at all.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

People get so mad about video games that they harass the video game creators and their families in real life because that is completely reasonable and not psychotic at all.

It's hard complain about that happen where they say "anger leads to hate" in the game.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

It's hard complain about that happen where they say "anger leads to hate" in the game.

Dark (side) humour at its finest! Vitiate would like to have a word with you

poo poo. Now I want a Sith comedian class

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So is this like when that one dude threatened to rape John Vogel's wife if Reiko wasn't in MKX

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just a reminder that during 12x don't vendor your green trash you get from mobs. I put everything I had up for 10k on the GTN last night and it all sold haha.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Medullah posted:

Just a reminder that during 12x don't vendor your green trash you get from mobs. I put everything I had up for 10k on the GTN last night and it all sold haha.

Haha, seriously? You'd think people would be using their comms.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah it's been a fire sale of Cartel armors and such I've had hoarded from sniping them off the GTN. I've moved 5 bank tabs of stuff in the last week or so. Usually I have to trickle stuff back to keep from depressing the market but everything has been pretty much been selling within hours of me listing it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I love the Costume design thing. All i did was use the Rise of the Hutt Cartel armor sets mailed to you from the start for all my mod needs, and as a trooper I've been saving the galaxy with the standard level 15 armor, just made it to Makeb. Also I knew there was a reason to save nearly an entire tab of stylish poo poo for my bounty hunter.

It's actually weird they wouldn't do this to your companions, considering the best and easiest gear to give them will always be 192 gear.

Fuzz posted:

Haha, seriously? You'd think people would be using their comms.

I kinda was willing to spend a couple of ten grand to look like a minimalist level 15 dude, so maybe barbie dresser people like me are out there.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

I love the Costume design thing. All i did was use the Rise of the Hutt Cartel armor sets mailed to you from the start for all my mod needs, and as a trooper I've been saving the galaxy with the standard level 15 armor, just made it to Makeb. Also I knew there was a reason to save nearly an entire tab of stylish poo poo for my bounty hunter.

It's actually weird they wouldn't do this to your companions, considering the best and easiest gear to give them will always be 192 gear.

I kinda was willing to spend a couple of ten grand to look like a minimalist level 15 dude, so maybe barbie dresser people like me are out there.

I've spent millions on pretty princess dressup gear, and can't understand anybody who plays differently.

• Locked thread