Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Maybe when they redo cert prices, some of the old 1000 cert guns that have been around since launch will go down. I mean, I have no reason to expect that but I wouldn't mind getting some of those carbines I never got across the factions.

With 200 certs being the new floor it might be worth grabbing the Tankbuster, your ESF infantry farmer of choice and the MSW-R/GD-22S/Pulsar LSW now, they're all just 100 certs at this time. I mean I never expect to fly but I might have cause to pull a plane for a newbie friend at some point. And the LMGs are good guns for their current cost. They'll still be worth it at 200 but hey, might as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Do we know if 'NS weapons' applies to vehicle ones as well? It would be kind of poo poo if so but after all these years I can't dismiss DBG doing something stupid like deciding to make all Lightning weapons double the price of Vanguard/Magrider/Prowler ones.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Psykmoe posted:

Maybe when they redo cert prices, some of the old 1000 cert guns that have been around since launch will go down. I mean, I have no reason to expect that but I wouldn't mind getting some of those carbines I never got across the factions.

With 200 certs being the new floor it might be worth grabbing the Tankbuster, your ESF infantry farmer of choice and the MSW-R/GD-22S/Pulsar LSW now, they're all just 100 certs at this time. I mean I never expect to fly but I might have cause to pull a plane for a newbie friend at some point. And the LMGs are good guns for their current cost. They'll still be worth it at 200 but hey, might as well.

Don't forget to buy a Kobalt for literally everything - including the Flash, where it's one of the less suicidal options. The Liberator Bulldog tail gun is also 100c.

Burst carbines and ARs, on the other side, can be safely skipped, unless you want to grab them on the off-chance that one day DBG remembers they exist and makes them actually useful. Ditto for the Gauss SPR.

Tempest_56 posted:

Do we know if 'NS weapons' applies to vehicle ones as well? It would be kind of poo poo if so but after all these years I can't dismiss DBG doing something stupid like deciding to make all Lightning weapons double the price of Vanguard/Magrider/Prowler ones.

The blog post didn't say anything about infantry, so yes I would presume vehicle guns are part of the price restructuring.

However, the NS premium should only apply to cash prices, since cert purchases aren't account-wide and thus there's no additional benefit from buying NS items.

And if you were already intending to wait for a sale before you bought those, it makes no sense to buy them now at 700DBC rather than keep waiting for that sale and get them for 400-500DBC or whatever it's going to be. I know that it is a universally acknowledged truth that marketing and sales people are useless lying bastards who should be thrown into the Sun, but I still don't expect "going up slightly" to mean an outright doubling of those prices.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 9, 2015

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
- Disconnected lattice spawn rules changes (can't spawn at them).

Nice baby step but I can't think of a single base this would be useful. All the brickwall bases in the lattice system are already dead ends.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nookovian-Red posted:

- Disconnected lattice spawn rules changes (can't spawn at them).

Nice baby step but I can't think of a single base this would be useful. All the brickwall bases in the lattice system are already dead ends.

Also all that'll change is people will get an esf and fly into the hex, bam they can now spawn in the base.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I'm going to try to buy up the 100 cert things, I just need to figure out which ones I don't already own. Same with my alts for that matter, but spending 100 certs on a character with so little hurts way more than on my main.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Leal posted:

Also all that'll change is people will get an esf and fly into the hex, bam they can now spawn in the base.

i think you're overestimating the initiative of the average pubbie

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

20 minutes into cobalt vs connery and connery is down 37-58. :laffo:

Leal posted:

The difference is there's now a tradeoff other than pushing the redeploy key! You might even miss some farm!!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fina posted:

I'm going to try to buy up the 100 cert things, I just need to figure out which ones I don't already own. Same with my alts for that matter, but spending 100 certs on a character with so little hurts way more than on my main.

Pretty much the only good 100-cert purchases are Kobalts, LMGs (except for VS, the LSW stinks) and the Bolt-Actions (NC gets one for free).

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Westy543 posted:

The difference is there's now a tradeoff other than pushing the redeploy key! You might even miss some farm!!

Wheres that connery video where they are trying to hype their player base with the 300 dialogue.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

Goddamnit, Cobalt is going to get that horribly unbalanced map tweaked before our match. That's the whole reason we picked the NE warpgate :argh:

Poor Connery never stood a chance

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Arghy posted:

Wheres that connery video where they are trying to hype their player base with the 300 dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI6W0KvbgYI

God Bless

PS: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/35fed5/suggestion_rename_vr_training_to_connery_on_the/

Edit2: Connery's air channels, if you don't get it look at the nation flags on the right

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 9, 2015

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sounds like Connery was playing without like 80% of their best outfits AND from that horror of a warpgate. I'm surprised that Cobalt couldn't break the 69% record we set against Briggs. I'm surprised they couldn't do it in the first hour

Also lmao if Connery had issue with language barriers but Cobalt didn't. Cobalt has been rocking a sweet F- in comms this season.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Raw attendance had at least a little to do with this result, I think: this was the first Smash out of six where I didn't manage to get in by showing up as a reserve. Not even as an air volunteer, whereas the air platoon had always been short of pilots before. (And in the days before the match it looked like the rosters were going to be short on real pilots this time too - which is why the honourabru sky-bushido agreement was rejected.)

Perhaps the 22:00 slot arranged for this match is actually better for players than the typical 18:00 or 20:00 that gets picked for same-continent matches. Or maybe people weren't happy about losing two matches in a row and that motivation got some more folks to show up.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 9, 2015

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

You shouldn't be doing anything with fluorine.
[GOON] can be weeaboo too see

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I wonder how that all japan air platoon went i hope someone had some recordings.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Apparently they had no real issues with 2/3 of the air not speaking English and got to free farm with rocket pods most of the match. Some guy went 101/2 because of it. But Connery's ground game and opener were garbage so it didn't really matter.

The biggest issues were Connery pulled little AMSes while Cobalt had several rep sundies in a ball to keep spawns up around bases.

Also contagonist that seems about right. The cowboy hat is a nice touch. :v:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
A bunch of the changes are up on PTS, including new IFF icons and the pricing changes. Everything costs 1 cert on PTS so that wasn't helpful but you could see the new SC, err... DBC prices. Most guns were 700, NS weapons were 800.

Cosmetics have changed a ton though. Camos now range from 99 to 399. The majority of them seemed to be 299 except for cross-faction camos which were generally 399.

Vehicle cosmetics also range from 50 up to 550+ but are generally way cheaper than before.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

About goddamned time

contagonist posted:

[GOON] can be weeaboo too see

:allears:

edit - the giraffe should have an NS Analyst Helmet

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

About goddamned time

:allears:

edit - the giraffe should have an NS Analyst Helmet

Also it lacks shatter camo. But overall nice work.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

'Coming Soon' for apparently 250 Daybreak bucks. As seen on test server.

Again with the non-functional lights on player studio cosmetics.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Psykmoe posted:

'Coming Soon' for apparently 250 Daybreak bucks. As seen on test server.

Again with the non-functional lights on player studio cosmetics.

I want one mounted on the back for my Battle Bus.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah totally gonna drop 2000+ on sundy/harasser cosmetics if they bring the prices down because gently caress that 1000sc noise.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Whoa how did i miss this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5aBHs7YbQ why does everyone look exactly how i imagine them?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Fina posted:

A bunch of the changes are up on PTS, including new IFF icons and the pricing changes. Everything costs 1 cert on PTS so that wasn't helpful but you could see the new SC, err... DBC prices. Most guns were 700, NS weapons were 800.

So they lied about this being a price drop for ES weapons?

blog posted:

The vast majority of DBC prices will be dropping, some only slightly, but in many cases pretty significantly. There is one noteworthy exception, and that’s NS weapons that are available to all factions on purchase – those are going up slightly to account for the extra value they bring to the table.

I uninstalled PTS a while ago, but if you have some screenshots, this can easily get Reddit to bring out the pitchforks.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Empire specific infantry guns were 699 except for 2 in each category which were 499, down from 500. NS guns went up to 799. Tank main cannons dropped to 599, iirc. Daily deals are back to being 25-50%. Pretty cute spin they put on it, expect reddit to flip it's poo poo on patch day.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Also possible :soe: has only pushed increased prices to PTS right now, wouldn't be the first time they pushed incomplete data to a PTS patch.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Vehicle guns seem to generally be down by about 101 daybreak doubloons, like 700 to 599, 500 to 399, stuff like that.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Looking forward to DBG loving over the premium base once again.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/curiosity-winner-once-promised-a-life-changing-pri/1100-6425241/
smedley has never said that winning a game would literally change your entire life. he really isn't on the level of molyneux

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Arghy posted:

Yeah totally gonna drop 2000+ on sundy/harasser cosmetics if they bring the prices down because gently caress that 1000sc noise.

Ditto. I've dumped enough certs and spend enough time in Reavers, Sunderers, and Lightnings that I'd be happy to burn some or even most of my stored SC on them, but lol at the current prices.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
You're a shitter non-whale buster if you ain't bumping 2k+ megahigbies and get complements from people you teamkill on your swag/horns. Some people worry about gitting gud and trying to have good stats- I worry about accidentally pulling a sunderer with scrub tier or Vanu-forbid no cosmetics or camo at all. If someone saw it happen and called me out I'd have to quit.

Frankly I'm mad at :soe: for lowering the costs of things- this is an affront to the ps2 whale high-megahigby community, and is devaluing the exclusivity of their most important player base, with a skill tier so high it involves disposable income and/or budgeting for vidya games. Calling it now this is the death of the game.

Next thing you know they are going to re-release the red "Shank you very much" decal, and put it on sale so that any scrub can just buy it cheap and not do the hard work of buying it full price when first available and later removed.

Trying to make the game better by appealing to literal poors will only drive off the high income-skill guilds that pay and play at the highest levels of the game.

Ugh some new money upstart is going to have a bus that looks like it cost $50 but he will have only paid $20.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Just had one of my better sessions with the Vandal but had a weird little thing happen. I kill traded with Mustarde and somehow killed JackOfferman a couple seconds later. While still dead. With the Vandal.

Log here. It's around halfway down when GOKU showed up to Auraxicom Substation and ruined my fun :colbert: It shows 5 seconds between the kills but I got the notification after just a couple seconds. I'd been chasing Mustarde around a building for a bit and there weren't any lag issues with recursion tonight and I can't figure out what happened.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
If you shot him and then he killed himself (falling) that could do it

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Evilreaver posted:

If you shot him and then he killed himself (falling) that could do it

That wouldn't have shown the Vandal as the killing weapon. And I hadn't shot anyone else for a while since I was chasing Mustarde around trying to EMP him to stand some sort of chance.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

You're also a shitter of you don't have one of those sexy compact 3 letter names that makes it easy for others to message you.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

fknlo posted:

Just had one of my better sessions with the Vandal but had a weird little thing happen. I kill traded with Mustarde and somehow killed JackOfferman a couple seconds later. While still dead. With the Vandal.

Log here. It's around halfway down when GOKU showed up to Auraxicom Substation and ruined my fun :colbert: It shows 5 seconds between the kills but I got the notification after just a couple seconds. I'd been chasing Mustarde around a building for a bit and there weren't any lag issues with recursion tonight and I can't figure out what happened.

maybe something to do with the emp?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ass_Burgerer posted:

You're also a shitter of you don't have one of those sexy compact 3 letter names that makes it easy for others to message you.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WgZbwHQGnE

I can't explain this one. Poor quality until youtube decides to convert to 1080, the last guy I killed was the same one that killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
I used to really enjoy playing this game, even solo after all my friends quit. What is the status of the game these days? servers pretty empty or is the community pretty alive and kicking?

I played on Connery I think.

• Locked thread