Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

I haven't played since before She-hulk was released, did she turn out to be good, or not worth bothering with? Have any other characters had their re-works?

She's a greener female Luke Cage.

Bobby Drake, Vision, and Scarlet Witch are all out/reworked and solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

NotALizardman posted:

this crimefighter title is making me want to kill myself

i don't know how you guys did it

Please keep trying to get the title

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
This hasn't happened for me for about 1000 hours.

I'll take it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

NotALizardman posted:

this crimefighter title is making me want to kill myself

I don't know what's worse, the doom minibosses or the holosim villains.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

rizzen posted:

She's a greener female Luke Cage.

Bobby Drake, Vision, and Scarlet Witch are all out/reworked and solid.

Cool, I have Scarlet Witch but haven't played her since the beta so I'll try playing her again.

EDIT: Is Punisher good now?

EDIT: They added the cosmic boss artifacts as achievement rewards if you haven't got lucky? That's pretty cool.

PrinnySquadron fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 9, 2015

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Irish Joe posted:

At least the cosmic minibosses are just a matter of resetting the terminal if they don't spawn (and with the glitchy boss display markers you can tell right away in some cases). I'm fairly sure that some of the Holo-Sim villains are part of waves that can't even appear at all below a certain wave count.

PrinnySquadron posted:

He is pretty drat good now, yes.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
As we approach the anniversary, here's some of the poo poo that they had in the game, planned for the game, or bugged into the game around launch and removed later because poo poo was loving stupid :

-Rested experience where at higher levels you would get half a bar of rest exp after 24 hours
-Massive map called Limbo where 15 people would just gently caress up poo poo but that isn't the retarded thing : there was no loot radar back then, and costumes dropped pretty frequently compared to now (as well as heroes) so you could potentially be losing out on costume and hero drops
-Heroes were going to be RNG only : imagine the RNG hero boxes, except as the only way to get heroes at all besides random drops
-$20 heroes. Deadpool, Spiderman, and Ironman were $20 with no extras at all. Enhanced Costumes were 1950G's as well.
-Experience rate was horrible : it took nearly 100 hours to get to level 60, and when players found out that Limbo (noted above) gave a shitload of exp and loot more than anywhere else, Gaz actually nerfed it.
-Red terminals used to be gated by cosmic keys or some poo poo, and gave like 10% or 15% more exp than greens but were way harder, making them worthless.
-Thing's aura used to be the main offensive aura in the game, would scale up with levels meaning it could get around +1000 attack power, and would work 1:1 with low level characters, creating the brief fad of Thing trains (4 level 1 things and one level 60)
-Doom medallion had like +90% ability duration and would work with boosts and fortune cards.
-Deadpool was the most powerful character in the game pre-launch and post-launch for a while

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The low exp rate actually wasn't so bad because there was no reason to be any level above 30.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

what the christ

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Musluk posted:

what the christ

Much like Giygas, ICR became so powerful it broke his brain

edit: i know ICR didn't get that avatar and I don't care

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 10, 2015

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

holo-sim holy poo poo holo-sim

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
-The best defensive stat was dodge because it mitigated 100% of damage. Defense was complete garbage because it was a straight difference modifier to damage taken. If you stacked the poo poo out of defense you could maybe prevent 800~ damage from things that regularly hit for 5-8k in a time when 11k health was a lot.

-Procs and DoTs ignored the damage scaling mechanic whenever in the vicinity of other players. If you were fighting a boss alongside 8 players your dots/procs would essentially be doing 8x damage. This made proc build micro-drones Widow completely insane as the power used to deploy like 30+ drones at high ranks and each hit was capable of triggering procs. This was pretty much the only time the mandarin medallion was ever good.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Musluk posted:

what the christ

C͓̦Ȏ̤̼̅̒̋̊ͥS͓͎̬͕̈̎̽͛̈́̑͞M̘ͥ̃̏̃ͧÎ̅̍̀́͏̺̪̼̝C̪͙̬̥͈̪͆ͬ͂̃ͥͩ ͚̦̳͇͘T̶̜̲̘̮̮̟̀Ỏ̧̤̮͖̜̳̆͛̆̒͗D̪̈́ͧ͌̍͊ͦ͐͟A̦͙͂ͤY

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

C͓̦Ȏ̤̼̅̒̋̊ͥS͓͎̬͕̈̎̽͛̈́̑͞M̘ͥ̃̏̃ͧÎ̅̍̀́͏̺̪̼̝C̪͙̬̥͈̪͆ͬ͂̃ͥͩ ͚̦̳͇͘T̶̜̲̘̮̮̟̀Ỏ̧̤̮͖̜̳̆͛̆̒͗D̪̈́ͧ͌̍͊ͦ͐͟A̦͙͂ͤY

Zalgo is so 2005 holy poo poo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Getting the holo-sim title only took two whole episodes of The Flash.

This is the measurement of time I'm going to use from now on.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Musluk posted:

Zalgo is so 2005 holy poo poo.

:(

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Midnightghoul posted:

Veteran Moonies, what do you do for uru, GoM or PD? Most builds I've seen seem to interchange the two really

NotALizardman posted:

GoM if you haven't hit 50 in GF, PD if you have.

Afraid of Audio posted:

pd always actually

This is exactly my problem

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
PD = big red number, there is no choice.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I was away for 3 days, what happened to the thread? Did we enter a prosperous age of smiley's and sun avatars?

Edit : I see I avoided the avatar rage, more reasons that being a low post count in this thread is safest

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 10, 2015

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Midnightghoul posted:

This is exactly my problem

if you arent going for 20 million+ gf finishers please stay away from my husband

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I was away for 3 days, what happened to the thread? Did we enter a prosperous age of smiley's and sun avatars?

Edit : I see I avoided the avatar rage, more reasons that being a low post count in this thread is safest

We decided to focus on content.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

lovely Wizard posted:

As we approach the anniversary, here's some of the poo poo that they had in the game, planned for the game, or bugged into the game around launch and removed later because poo poo was loving stupid :

-Rested experience where at higher levels you would get half a bar of rest exp after 24 hours
-Massive map called Limbo where 15 people would just gently caress up poo poo but that isn't the retarded thing : there was no loot radar back then, and costumes dropped pretty frequently compared to now (as well as heroes) so you could potentially be losing out on costume and hero drops
-Heroes were going to be RNG only : imagine the RNG hero boxes, except as the only way to get heroes at all besides random drops
-$20 heroes. Deadpool, Spiderman, and Ironman were $20 with no extras at all. Enhanced Costumes were 1950G's as well.
-Experience rate was horrible : it took nearly 100 hours to get to level 60, and when players found out that Limbo (noted above) gave a shitload of exp and loot more than anywhere else, Gaz actually nerfed it.
-Red terminals used to be gated by cosmic keys or some poo poo, and gave like 10% or 15% more exp than greens but were way harder, making them worthless.
-Thing's aura used to be the main offensive aura in the game, would scale up with levels meaning it could get around +1000 attack power, and would work 1:1 with low level characters, creating the brief fad of Thing trains (4 level 1 things and one level 60)
-Doom medallion had like +90% ability duration and would work with boosts and fortune cards.
-Deadpool was the most powerful character in the game pre-launch and post-launch for a while

Some of the design choices at launch were just mind boggling. Like yeah the hulk should clearly have like 7 toggle skills.

Though I do miss every character having a unique second bar mechanic. I think they could have done cool stuff with that instead of abandoning it outright.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

PrinnySquadron posted:

Shine posted:

I like The Punisher because he just don't give a poo poo.
http://i.imgur.com/wiWx0bH.gifv

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

randombattle posted:

Some of the design choices at launch were just mind boggling. Like yeah the hulk should clearly have like 7 toggle skills.

Though I do miss every character having a unique second bar mechanic. I think they could have done cool stuff with that instead of abandoning it outright.

There was also crafting things that weren't instant.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

There was also crafting things that weren't instant.

what the gently caress

Oh gaz.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Irish Joe posted:

The Doom minibosses by a mile. There's so many of them and you need them all three times. I knocked off everyone in Holo doing my 1-50 run except Venom in the Collateral Damage wave, which was maybe a little lucky but still easier than trying to pop random spawns.

The one that's really annoying me right now is Venom in Story Mode. The event just never seems to fire.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

Dont forget Cyclops siphoning experience from everyone in the party.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

And what was the old Hulk bug? His XP earned went up exponentially or something like that?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cao Ni Ma posted:

also his movement powers were a backwards escape roll, and a roll that went 90 degrees to the side. you'd have to face the opposite direction from where you wanted to go and then roll backwards to your destination.

people actually complained when this was changed.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Kheldarn posted:

And what was the old Hulk bug? His XP earned went up exponentially or something like that?

He probably had a bunch, but some time after midtown launched, people found out a way to exponentially increase his leap damage over and over as long as they stayed in the same instance, so imagine one shotting midtown bosses.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Deadpool could too, RIP IN PEACE HARRYJOE

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

there was a bug where earthquake leap gained damage infinitely so you could just spam it and get to the point where you were oneshotting everything

Dr. Strange also had a similar bug with his projections power; the buff accrued as you summoned more projections wasn't set back to 0 when they were unsummoned. So do that enough and your projections oneshot stuff with homing daggers.

many wave 150+ xdefs were achieved

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
You guys are forgetting the bug good enough to make nc amazing. Ae's hitting the entire zone.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dumb Hulk Things:

1. He used to start out with 0 Intelligence, which penalized his XP. 1 Int was 0 extra EXP, 0 Int actually meant you gained less from everything. The rationale for this was "Hulk has better AoE damage than other heroes and can kill more enemies faster, therefore he needs to gain less XP to be consistent with other heroes". lol

2. There was a bug where the more times Hulk used one of his AoE powers the stronger it would get... until he changed zones. This combined interestingly with Midtown, which had an infinite number of enemies for you to fight. So people didn't change zones. But it turns out Midtown starts to break down in strange ways when the zone is allowed to stay open for several days and at some point I remember people mentioning that the police were being damaged by Hulk and started attacking him, among other weird bugs.

3. One of Hulk's attacks scaled wrong. Like, really wrong. As in dealing billions of damage per hit without critting. This is the only attack the devs have livetuned 'off', by forcing it to require over 100,000 Spirit to use. (back when Hulk used Spirit)

4. Hulk had a pet build. Yes, it's stupid. Hulk had a steroid that granted him 100% crit rating for a few seconds, and pets inherit your crit rating at the time they spawn, so Hulk would basically hit that, spawn tons of pets, and fight alongside his weirdly powerful death machines.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

lovely Wizard posted:

So basically Marvel Heroes was Warframe.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Before they consolidated buffs and debuffs, this game was really, really weird and open to exploits. I remember people talking about Eye For Weakness because the vulnerability scaled with levels and each one from a different Cable stacked, so a part of 5 Cables could just pump out a ton of damage.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Thing's Aggressive Aura was the same way. At rank 20 it gave a retarded amount of damage, and it stacked with other auras and poo poo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Thing's aura was fun because the DR it granted scaled with the level of the Thing using it and how many ranks it had, not the level of the people affected by it. So we had a max level Thing with as many ranks as he could get in it lead a huge train of lv1 Things around the lowbie zones, one-shotting everything because we had absurd DR. Picked up a few pubbies who followed us every time we hit an event boss, and just made our way through the story mode to somewhere around lv30 before the Thing Train ended. That was probably the peak of fun I've had with this game, it's all been downhill since then. RIP Thing Train.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I missed out on the Thing Trains. And Thing was my Starter*. :rip: me.

*After playing Cap in Beta, I was pissed on Launch Day when he wasn't a freebie. I got over it, though.

trem
Sep 17, 2009

Jedit posted:

The one that's really annoying me right now is Venom in Story Mode. The event just never seems to fire.

I didn't have any problems with that one, I just went to chapter 2 docks or something and the venom event and aim robot event would alternate.

I'd do the aim event just to get the event timer ticking sooner, but now that I think about it, I don't know if that made a difference.

Knocked it out while finally finishing up Better Call Saul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I miss old Limbo :/

• Locked thread